IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 13: Online Courting with Caldwell Semi-colons

Georgiana

The text from the article is under the first spoiler for anyone who is outside the U.S. and I put a picture under the second spoiler. 

Spoiler

Another Duggar darling has joined the family! Kendra Duggar (née Caldwell) gave birth to baby No. 2 with her husband, Joe Duggar, on Saturday, November 2, at 5:33 a.m.

Addison Renee has made us a family of four and we are already so in love with her!” the couple told Us Weekly exclusively in a statement on Monday, November 4. “She made a quick arrival in the early hours of the morning and has already melted our hearts. We know Garrett is going to be a great big brother. Children are each a special gift from God and we are so happy our newest blessing is here.”

Their bundle of joy arrived at 7 pounds and 12.5 ounces, measuring 20.5 inches long.

Us broke the news in April that theCounting On stars were expecting their second child together. “We are ready to double the fun at our house!” the reality stars told Us exclusively at the time. “Being parents has already proven to be a greater joy than we had hoped or imagined. We love getting to parent together and are loving every moment and milestone. We are very happy that our little family will welcome a new addition later this year. Children really are a blessing from God!”

The pregnancy news came 10 months after the TLC stars’ son, Garrett, arrived in June 2018. Kendra, 21, and Joe, 24, told Us in a statement at the time: “No matter how many times we’ve experienced the joy of babies born in our families, there’s nothing comparable to the joy in our hearts today! Children truly are a gift from God. We are so thankful for his safe arrival and this new journey as parents.”

When it comes to parenting two under 2, Kendra told Us in October: “We’re kind of already in that napping, changing diapers groove with Garrett still, so I think it will be just adding another [to that]. We’ll both be busy, I guess. All hands will be tied up taking care of little ones, but there are always challenges. [Our son] can’t do much himself, so he’s going to need a lot of help, but we’re excited about this new chapter.”

The couple have been very clear abouttheir plans to expand their family. Kendra revealed in March, “We would love to have more kids if the Lord blesses us. As many as He wants to give us, we’ll be happy to take them.”

She and the son of Michelle Duggar and Jim Bob Duggar’s tied the knot in 2017.

Counting On airs on TLC Tuesdays at 9 p.m. ET.

Spoiler

7EAB644D-AE49-4F17-A640-DF121B134292.thumb.jpeg.6597cc73028dcdf7bbcfa26b0c727896.jpeg

Edited by Alice in Fundieland
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 13

Born in 1960 I came down with chicken pox at 4 years old. My siblings both caught it. Sister was a baby. My two caught it aged 3 and 4 years, thankfully before staring school. When I was a child chicken pox parties were a thing. No vaccines then. Much better to catch it as a younger child. During my first year at high school aged 11 several folk succumbed. They were all really quite ill and ended up with some scarring. It's a horrible illness but seems to be worse if caught at an older age. My two can't remember having it. That's a good thing. My little great nephews have all been innoculated. 

• Upvote 7

Would you believe I honestly forgot that the start of November meant the beginning of the Duggar baby boom... Saw a news article announcing Addison and was just like "Oh yeah I guess it's about that time." Gone are the days of Duggar baby watch. That got old quick. Do people still do name and birth date guesses?

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

This is the first baby born since grandma duggar died, right?  I expected a nod to her in some way. 

No, not if you count Amy's baby.

Edited by VineHeart137
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

Addison is a cutie, hopefully she looks like Kendra.  The name isn't awful, but nothing I would choose but better than Renee, have bad juju with a couple different Renee's so that is quite the bias on my part.  

Now who is next?  Anna or Lauren?

Edited by allthegoodnamesrgone
  • Upvote 4

1 minute ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Addison is a cutie, hopefully she looks like Kendra, as Kendra is very pretty.  The name isn't awful, but nothing I would choose but better than Renee, have bad juju with a couple different Renee's so that is my problem. 

Now who is next?  Anna or Lauren?

I believe Lauren is technically next. But she and Anna are probably due close enough together that it's a toss up. I can't remember if Anna has any history of going early or late.

• Upvote 6

Next is lauren then Anna and then abbie in January for the Duggar, then there is the bates who for now have With in Nov, Erin technically December but with her problem she always goes around 3 week early, then in February there will.be Catlin and then Tori...and that just so far, I will bet that before the babygeddon is over there will be at least another announce from someone 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 4

11 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

Next is lauren then Anna and then abbie in January for the Duggar, then there is the bates who for now have With in Nov, Erin technically December but with her problem she always goes around 3 week early, then in February there will.be Catlin and then Tori...and that just so far, I will bet that before the babygeddon is over there will be at least another announce from someone 

Whitney (Zachs wife) is also due soon. 

Oh wait you already said Whit my bad. 

Edited by irish_dancing_canadian
Misread original post
  • Upvote 3

Yes I think in a couple of week or less will be Whitney's due date...from now to February there will always be a baby due soon between the two family and then there will be Tori in april (?) At that point who knows what will come...

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

Yes I think in a couple of week or less will be Whitney's due date...from now to February there will always be a baby due soon between the two family and then there will be Tori in april (?) At that point who knows what will come...

In april some poor girl that we havn’t even heard about yet could be be pregnant with their first Duggar or Bates blessing. 

:teasing-binkybaby:

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 21
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

In april some poor girl that we havn’t even heard about yet could be be pregnant with their first Duggar or Bates blessing. 

:teasing-binkybaby:

Trace and Chaney could be married and freshly pregnant by then couldn't they?

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Alice in Fundieland said:

She and the son of Michelle Duggar and Jim Bob Duggar’s

That’s terrible grammar, even by US Weekly’s standards.

DFO posted the birth as a repost from Joe and Kendra’s Twitter, so it didn’t say whose baby it was in the text. It took me a minute to identify them (“family of four...announced pregnancy...hmm...”).

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

And cute notwithstanding, they have a damned bow on her head! Seriously!

How else would you know that she's a girl?????

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1

Yawn. I mean, congratulations to them and all that, but each fundie birth feels increasingly anticlimactic and I realise just how hard it is to care about another when there’s so many and no outrageous names (I don’t like Addison but it’s not an uncommon name on small children at the moment). Not that I want them to inflict outrageous names on these poor children who are already starting life in a cult. But at least it would be something to talk about.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, VineHeart137 said:

Trace and Chaney could be married and freshly pregnant by then couldn't they?

I’m counting on it. But we’ve heard of her already. There are six other Duggar/Bates manchildren over the age of 18. All six of them could easily be married by april. 

Actually I think they should do it. Throw in Trace and Chaney and make it a humungus marriage feast. Seven uneducated, unemployed grooms, seven teen (or near teen) brides. The first couple to concieve can get a prize. It would spice things up. And this snoozefest surely needs to be spiced up!

:popcorn2:

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 17

She's very cute. Addison Renee is a nice name and managed to be born on a day that wasn't someone's birthday or anniversary. Its hard to feel too excited when another baby born into the family especially a girl. She won't be allowed to go to school, get a real education, have interests and grow up to be what she wants to be.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

have bad juju with a couple different Renee's so that is quite the bias on my part.  

Isn't it funny how that happens? I have never met a Holly or a Molly that I liked!

No offense to any Mollys or Hollys here. I'm sure there are good Mollys and good Hollys out there. 

Edited by Jaedzia
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

Do people still do name and birth date guesses?

Yes, in the baby name thread that’s pinned in this forum.

• Upvote 1

*Frown* My dog is called Molly. As for Addison, she will grow up only wanting to be a wife and mother, because she won't be aware that there are other options.

• Upvote 3

I'll always associate the name Addison with Dr Addison Montgomery (from Grey's Anatomy when it was still any good). 

I was expecting a more feminine name from Kendra since she is so bubbly and giggly and girly, but I guess Addison has become a pretty common name for girls in the U.S lately. I'm not crazy about the name but I don't hate it either. It's way better than most names the Bates have come up with recently (Kolter and Khloé come to mind) and it's obviously not even close to Spurgeon. 

• Upvote 15

Does anyone know why they chose the name Addison? Like, is there some meaning behind it, or does it allude to a family member, etc.? 

And to add my two cents, I don't really like the name Addison. But I love the nickname Addy because it reminds me of Addy the American Girl doll. I loved those books when I was a kid.

Also, I noticed that they didn't join the fundie trend and go overboard with a baby/birth photoshoot (yet!) like what other Duggars and Bates have done. *ahem*Josie-Bates-and-Amy-Duggar*cough*

• Upvote 5

The name could be so much worse. Think Spurgeon, Kolter, Khloe avec accent mark, and who could forget Axton Maxwell! 

And for the record, Spurge, Kolter and Axton are all flagged as being incorrectly spelled. Axton was auto corrected all 3 times that I typed it.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic