IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 13: Online Courting with Caldwell Semi-colons

Georgiana

I monitor my cycle like a hawk and am very sensitive to any changes in my body. I took a test because I felt off, not because I was late. It wouldn’t surprise me if some of them had similar experiences. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

I am always paranoid about being pregnant (I'm 23 and in no way stable to have a baby) hence my roommate and I always have pregnancy tests on hand just in case. I have taken a couple when my period was late, or I felt off a few days before. My boyfriend always makes fun of me when I say I am going to test (last week I was about 4 days late, turns out due to stress) he just looked at me and said "okay michelle"

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 21

I wonder how many Elsas will be in classes now. The movie came out in 2013 so it's perfect timing for Elsas to start entering Kindergarten 

• Upvote 9

Kendra said Joe had left “for work or class” when she took the test. I guess he’s doing something educational (or Bible study, whatever).

I really like their white marble kitchen countertops. 

There’s cheese on the chicken, they had macaroni and cheese as a side, and they had ice cream.  That’s a lot of dairy!

Kendra said Joe wouldn’t suspect anything...but his side of their conversation was filmed...and he bought pickles with the ice cream...

It’s “when,” not “whenever,” dammit.

• Upvote 4

I wonder how many Elsas will be in classes now. The movie came out in 2013 so it's perfect timing for Elsas to start entering Kindergarten 

I have a four year old niece called Ailsa (pronounced Elsa). But she WAS NOT named after frozen according to her bonkers mother.... [emoji51][emoji23] Funnily enough her sister is called Arna... doh! Frozen fail [emoji12]
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, justmy2cents said:

Kendra told Joe that she was 5 weeks along. If she told him the same day she tested then possibly she was still nursing and didn’t realize she was late. Hence she felt funny.

I don't think it would be the same day. Kendra would've had to test and then call a producer to tell them she was pregnant and organise filming. 

• Upvote 5

44 minutes ago, jillsdopplerofdoom said:

I don't think it would be the same day. Kendra would've had to test and then call a producer to tell them she was pregnant and organise filming. 

You don’t think All Duggar Females and married Ins know they must inform  the Producers and let interested media know immediately when they test positive?  Those Wombs are the only thing keeping them in the public eye and making them money at all. 

• Upvote 5

18 hours ago, Nargus said:

@Four is Enough  @BernRul  My friend in high school dated a guy who's two older brothers were named Ashley and Manly

Good. The more boy Ashleys in the world, the better. 

Seriously it's not hard to bring back. Just call them Ash, a super masculine nickname until the stigma wears off. 

Maybe some horror loving celebrity will do it to make it trendy. 

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Knight of Ni said:

I work at a school and see a lot of pop culture names. The worst was Renesmee Swan Smith though. 

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 11
  • Haha 9

2 hours ago, viii said:

I work at a school and see a lot of pop culture names. The worst was Renesmee Swan Smith though. 

Ooh I'd forgotten about that unfortunate mash-up.

Those poor little girls.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marijuana_Pepsi_Vandyck

I listened to a podcast interview with the person above. She's pretty cool! Recently got a PhD. Her dissertation was on unusual black girl names.

Edited by AliceInFundyland
Marijuana Pepsi
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

7 hours ago, Knight of Ni said:

I had an “Elsie” in kindergarten today. Never had an Elsa yet. 
I’m just dreading the next variation of rhymes with Aiden after meeting Chayden today. That trend seriously needs to stop. Also had Hayden and Brayden today.  Confused the three of them all day. 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, viii said:

The poor Twilight babies. I knew someone would name their baby Renesmee I wonder how many little girls got stuck with that name. 

• Upvote 6

9 hours ago, Knight of Ni said:

It might take a bit longer. The film, while wildly popular with adults, was still a kids phenomenon. So they might be the ones making the name really popular from 2023 onwards. I predict a peak for 2033.

Edited because on second thought you might be right. Elsa is already one of those old names coming back in the last few years (together with Lotte/a, Ida, Elsie...) so maybe the film gave another push.

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 5

See my take on the "Oh I felt funny so I tested" Has more to do with not wanting or maybe not being allowed to say "period" on television, especially on a show that is marketed as being family friendly. Kids might ask what a period is, but "feeling funny" they're less likely to ask, and if they do it's easier to answer. 

6 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

It might take a bit longer. The film, while wildly popular with adults, was still a kids phenomenon. So they might be the ones making the name really popular from 2023 onwards. I predict a peak for 2033.

Oh not entirely. I was in highschool when the first film came out, and it was really annoyingly popular among the entire school. I hate that movie. Seriously, hate it. Got wayyyyy too much of it the year it came out. Even had a friend dye her hair like Anna's. HAd to listen to the choir kids sing all the songs.

ANYWAY, Some of them do have kids now (and yes that thought horrifies me. I can barely keep myself and my border collie alive, don't give me a baby). So it wouldn't surprise me if there are a fair few Anna's and Elsa's walking around named for that movie. 

Me personally, I adore the name Florence for a little girl. I also like Ruth. I like some of the old fashioned names that are starting to make a comeback. 

• Upvote 8

16 minutes ago, Peaches-n-Beans said:

See my take on the "Oh I felt funny so I tested" Has more to do with not wanting or maybe not being allowed to say "period" on television, especially on a show that is marketed as being family friendly. Kids might ask what a period is, but "feeling funny" they're less likely to ask, and if they do it's easier to answer. 

Oh not entirely. I was in highschool when the first film came out, and it was really annoyingly popular among the entire school. I hate that movie. Seriously, hate it. Got wayyyyy too much of it the year it came out. Even had a friend dye her hair like Anna's. HAd to listen to the choir kids sing all the songs.

ANYWAY, Some of them do have kids now (and yes that thought horrifies me. I can barely keep myself and my border collie alive, don't give me a baby). So it wouldn't surprise me if there are a fair few Anna's and Elsa's walking around named for that movie. 

Me personally, I adore the name Florence for a little girl. I also like Ruth. I like some of the old fashioned names that are starting to make a comeback. 

I didn’t realise that the film was even successful in the teenager age class. Anna is an all time favourite here: it has been consistently  in the top 100 since 1890 with several years in the top ten. I am also a massive fan of many old names. My husband and I tend to go for longer first names and I am still kind of shocked that we didn’t think of Marie-Luise. Now, the child of one of my best friends is called a nickname of it (because the father is 20 years older than we and his generation is definitely not into classical names, so that’s the compromise). Nora is also a beautiful name we came across in our circle of friends.

• Upvote 2

Just now, just_ordinary said:

I didn’t realise that the film was even successful in the teenager age class. Anna is an all time favourite here: it has been consistently  in the top 100 since 1890 with several years in the top ten. I am also a massive fan of many old names. My husband and I tend to go for longer first names and I am still kind of shocked that we didn’t think of Marie-Luise. Now, the child of one of my best friends is called a nickname of it (because the father is 20 years older than we and his generation is definitely not into classical names, so that’s the compromise). Nora is also a beautiful name we came across in our circle of friends.

I don't know if it was successful with teenagers everywhere, but it was insanely popular among teenagers in my school. 

OOh I love Nora, that's a lovely name

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Florence isn't bad (but prepare for Aunt Flo), but I really hope people stay away from Fannie. My dad graduated with a Fairy and I hope that that name doesn't come back around.

• Upvote 3

My daughter, who is in her first year of school, has a classmate called Florence (she goes by Flo). I like it. Freya is another old name coming back, and Iris, which was my grandmother’s name.

I like Nora, especially as a nickname for Eleanor. It was on our shortlist for our youngest, who ended up with a similar name. 

I think if you’re always open to pregnancy but not “trying” in the sense of tracking ovulation etc, waiting until you’re a few days late and feeling funny to test is probably a sensible approach. I wouldn’t read too much into it, but then I guess there’s nothing else to talk about.

• Upvote 3

My son (in his 20s) Went to school with a little girl named Florence but it took us years to realise that was her name because she went by Flossie 99% of the time. 

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, Smee said:

My daughter, who is in her first year of school, has a classmate called Florence (she goes by Flo). I like it. Freya is another old name coming back, and Iris, which was my grandmother’s name.

I love the name Freya. If my baby is a girl there is definitely a possibility that she will be called Freya (or Freyja).

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, FaithAndReason said:

How else would you know that she's a girl?????

I am surprised that so many people are worked up about the name Addison. It's a very common name of elementary age girls in the area where I live. I'm pretty sure it's become popular as an alternative to the extreme popularity of the name Madison. 

The Madison thing is absolutely why it’s popular. Rhyming popular names to be less trendy is a thing that happens. The —ayden craze is the extreme. And it’s why Addison’s popularity is a bit frightening. I could be herding Jadison’ and Nadison in front recess in 5-10 years of it goes the way of Aidan. 

• Upvote 4

Because my kid is weird, she named our car Florence. now when I hear the name I think of our green Jeep Cherokee. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 10

37 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

The Madison thing is absolutely why it’s popular. Rhyming popular names to be less trendy is a thing that happens. The —ayden craze is the extreme. And it’s why Addison’s popularity is a bit frightening. I could be herding Jadison’ and Nadison in front recess in 5-10 years of it goes the way of Aidan. 

I have always loved the name Aidan but I doubt I'd use it because I know a lot of Aidan's various spelling's and Kayden's and Jayden's. My name is common but I wasn't in a class with anyone with my name and their were no other people with my name in my year at high school, the year below had a few people with my name and it's longer version. 

Maddison is a name I've never liked, I've only met one or two people with the name and they have been nice but it's a name I think that I associate with bratty children because I've seen a few Maddison's on TV that were brats before I met anyone with the name and it has stuck in my mind. It's weird how that happens with certain names. 

• Upvote 1

In my opinion, Madison is an avenue.  And also a long-dead president and the capital of Wisconsin.  Not sure how that translated to such a popular girl's name. Maybe by association with Madeline? 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic