IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 13: Online Courting with Caldwell Semi-colons

Georgiana

48 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

*Frown* My dog is called Molly. As for Addison, she will grow up only wanting to be a wife and mother, because she won't be aware that there are other options.

My dog is Molly too & she is a delight!! ??❤️ but don't worry @Jaedzia I won't tell her what you said ;) 

• Haha 4
  • Love 5

8 minutes ago, Perrierwithlemon said:

Also, I noticed that they didn't join the fundie trend and go overboard with a baby/birth photoshoot (yet!) like what other Duggars and Bates have done. *ahem*Josie-Bates-and-Amy-Duggar*cough*

I wouldn't *Count On* that. (See what I did eh?) No doubt there will be plenty of opportunities for professional photos.

Actually I'm going to predict that in a future season of the most boring and out of date show, there will be a babypalooza photoshoot episode. During which, one or more of the moms will announce yet another pregnancy and the infinite loop will continue and all of our heads will explode. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 8

28 minutes ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

I wouldn't *Count On* that. (See what I did eh?) No doubt there will be plenty of opportunities for professional photos.

Actually I'm going to predict that in a future season of the most boring and out of date show, there will be a babypalooza photoshoot episode. During which, one or more of the moms will announce yet another pregnancy and the infinite loop will continue and all of our heads will explode. 

Yep, if we don’t have another pregnancy announcement before Jabbie have their baby, we can expect all the little girls together for a photoshoot where someone steals the spotlight with another announcement. Maybe even someone from the pregnancy shoot like Jessa or Joy

Edited by Smee
I speak grammar good
  • Upvote 7

48 minutes ago, Perrierwithlemon said:

Does anyone know why they chose the name Addison? Like, is there some meaning behind it, or does it allude to a family member, etc.? 

It's just a very trendy girl's name right now.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, Perrierwithlemon said:

Does anyone know why they chose the name Addison? Like, is there some meaning behind it, or does it allude to a family member, etc.? 

Maybe they are fans of Gray’s Anatomy

• Haha 8

Yup. My first thought when I saw the name was 'Rhymes with Madison.' Hopefully this means there won't be an M'kid named Madison.

• WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

8 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

Yes I think in a couple of week or less will be Whitney's due date...from now to February there will always be a baby due soon between the two family and then there will be Tori in april (?) At that point who knows what will come...

If she keeps up her current pace Kendra (!!) will be pregnant again in April. How crazy is that.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 3
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • WTF 6

Oh God your are right! I haven't think about that. Yekes I was thinking about Joy or Jill maybe or Jinger, but looking at Duggar data is really possible she will deliver again next December and be pregnant by April!!!

• Upvote 4

33 minutes ago, DLA said:

If she keeps up her current pace Kendra (!!) will be pregnant again in April. How crazy is that.

Not quite... She'd be due April ish 2021, so pregnant July ish I think. Jun 18- Nov 19 (the space between G and A) is roughly 17 months and 17 months from now is April 2021.

Still that's assuming the same pattern as this one was. Could definitely be sooner or later. 

• Upvote 7

44 minutes ago, JustEnough said:

Not quite... She'd be due April ish 2021, so pregnant July ish I think. Jun 18- Nov 19 (the space between G and A) is roughly 17 months and 17 months from now is April 2021.

Still that's assuming the same pattern as this one was. Could definitely be sooner or later. 

You are right, . She would be pregnant be June or July then.  Still crazy though.

Hope she does slow down a bit or poor Addison will have a "buddy" in 7-8  years time.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Yup. My first thought when I saw the name was 'Rhymes with Madison.' Hopefully this means there won't be an M'kid named Madison.

There won't ever be a Madison in this family. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 9

11 minutes ago, Chewing Gum said:

There won't ever be a Madison in this family. 

And I doubt if any of the others will use Ashley either... 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 11

I have to admit I can't really snark on the name. It's too common for my taste but they didn't go out of their way to make it "Unique" by throwing out some crazy spelling (Adysen, Adisin, Adisyn ect.), it fits well with their sons name and while yeah it's one of those names where if she were in public school there'd be a couple more of it, there's also not going to be so many she'd have to go by her last name. 

I don't follow them super closely but if I recall, Anna had Mckenzyie (see that spelling thing. What's wrong with McKenzie?) and then 20 months later had Michael but has since settled into a one every 24ish months. Then Jess had Spurgeon and Henry with in 15 months of each other, but then didn't have Ivy until 27 months after that. So I think the first two kids for Joe and Kendra will be the same, they'll have these 2 close together and then the others will be spaced out a little better, unless they're going for the quiverfull thing. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, DLA said:

I like the name and I am glad to see they  are not doing a G-name theme thing.

They could still do a G for boys and A for girls theme.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JustEnough said:

Actually, Duggar data is predicting a 393 days space between Addison and #3 who is expect to arrive by December 2020, so if she keep up the space she will be pregnant again by April, with an announce made in May

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

Addison is currently (2018) ranked 35 in the US, but it is declining. It peaked in 2007, 12 years before the birth of Addison, when it ranked 11. It is a tiny wee bit, every so slightly dated, but not by a lot. See plot in spoiler. 

Spoiler

Addison.png

Incidentally, Kendra (born in 1998), also has a "tiny bit ever so slightly" dated name. Kendra ranked 154 in 1998, it peaked 11 years prior, in 1987, when it was ranked 77. See plot in spoiler. 

Spoiler

Kendra.thumb.png.21ab28d081356e1f4839bc6c09b2e79e.png

Edited by SorenaJ
  • Upvote 8
  • Thank You 2

Same goes for Kendra's sister Lauren (born in 2000), her name peaked in 1989, 11 years before 2000. So if Duggar-Caldwell #3 is expected in 2021, we might be looking for a name that peaked in 2009-2010. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

58 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

Actually, Duggar data is predicting a 393 days space between Addison and #3 who is expect to arrive by December 2020, so if she keep up the space she will be pregnant again by April, with an announce made in May

Ok but their law of averages says that adding 9 months (wedding to Garrett) and 17 months (Garrett to Addison) gives us 26 months, divided by 2 births so far gives us 13 months and therefore a Dec 2020 delivery. I'd argue that having a honeymoon baby doesn't mean anything when it comes to a pattern or plan because it can't be more than that 9 months which if you only have two kids artificially lowers the time expected between #2 and #3. Space from one kid to another is more telling as to possible future plans, hence using the 17 month spacing alone as a guess since they only have one pair of kids right now. 

That being said fundies gonna fundie and already we've seen one couple with fairly consistent spacing (Anna) and one with very different spacing in their 1-2 and 2-3 (Jessa). We can be reasonably sure there will be a baby #3 for Kendra and Joe and we can just hope for a longer spacing knowing that the closer they are the more sweet Addison is going to have to shoulder as she grows. 

• Upvote 5

Kendra and Joe could also do a double consonant theme.

But I rather think, we are the only ones who look for a pattern ?. They will just pick names they like with a tendency towards trendy ones.

• Upvote 14

Cute baby!  When was she due? RE talk of the name; My SIL gave birth to her first, just over a month ago. Her name is Addison Rose.

• Upvote 3

I love the name! It does remind me of  Grey's anatomy one of my favorite shows before it tanked.

If she gets pregnant quickly again with #3 then i can assume she will be the next mechelle however being exhausted and taken care of 2 kids under two will probably put a damper on their fellowship and may delay #3 sort of like Jessa and Ben (who I have a feeling they will have kids in pairs. So #4 might be announced in spring 2020

7 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

Same goes for Kendra's sister Lauren (born in 2000), her name peaked in 1989, 11 years before 2000. So if Duggar-Caldwell #3 is expected in 2021, we might be looking for a name that peaked in 2009-2010. 

Doubtful, Who the hell names their kid by thinking "what names were popular 11 years ago".  I'm guessing they named her Addison because they liked the name, not because it was popular in the past,  by the same number of years Kendra's name was popular. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 7

3 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Doubtful, Who the hell names their kid by thinking "what names were popular 11 years ago".  I'm guessing they named her Addison because they liked the name, not because it was popular in the past,  by the same number of years Kendra's name was popular. 

Lol I’m sure no one purposely names their kids based on ‘what was popular 11 years ago’ but it’s entirely possible that they favour a certain naming style or trend that was more popular a decade or so ago.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

I like the name and she is cute. I didn't care for the name Garrett at the time but it's grew on me. 

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic