IGNORED

Josie & Kelton 9

Coconut Flan

Timothy Rodrigues’s future mother in law is repping Josie’s heatless curlers. Probably a more accurate representation of how they work!

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.bc3f60301af885182e98feab3da46b84.png

• Upvote 8

• 2 weeks later...

Josie said in her IG stories this afternoon than her sister (she didn’t say which one) is coming over for dinner tonight to meet Miles. Josie mentioned a day or so ago that she had been dealing with mastitis, so probably not feeling great for the past few days. Anyway, I’m assuming that the sister coming over would be Katie since everyone else local should have met Miles by now. Katie arrived in TN last Saturday and it’s taking five days before Katie and Josie see each other and meet the new baby? Carlin went straight from the airport from her trip to FL on Saturday to see Katie right away.  So Katie coming over indicates that there’s no huge rift between them, but the closeness they once shared has definitely been replaced by the bond between Carlin and Katie. 

• Upvote 4

Looks like the hunt for a new house has officially started. Josie posted a story just a little while ago about her and Kelton being out looking at houses.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, dawn9476 said:

Looks like the hunt for a new house has officially started. Josie posted a story just a little while ago about her and Kelton being out looking at houses.

I'm glad they aren't planning to stack kids like firewood like certain sisters. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

How big is their current house? I honestly can’t keep all of these fundie homes straight. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

50 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

How big is their current house? I honestly can’t keep all of these fundie homes straight. 

I believe its 2 or three bedrooms. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, raayx01 said:

I believe its 2 or three bedrooms. 

Yeah, it's pretty small.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It is 3 bedrooms but the third is the size of my walk in closet. That style house in the area is a traditional brick ranch. They tend to be about 1000 to 1100 square feet in that particular area. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

It is 3 bedrooms but the third is the size of my walk in closet. That style house in the area is a traditional brick ranch. They tend to be about 1000 to 1100 square feet in that particular area. 

Ok thanks. Funny how Erin squeezed 7 people in a house even smaller than that. Her was 800 sq ft and 2 bedrooms. Plus she got the big bedroom. I’ll never forget how Erin did that. I’m sure Bates humpers would just say she’s being creative or something. Now she sticks a baby in Carson’s closet. So creative! 

• Upvote 4

16 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Ok thanks. Funny how Erin squeezed 7 people in a house even smaller than that. Her was 800 sq ft and 2 bedrooms. Plus she got the big bedroom. I’ll never forget how Erin did that. I’m sure Bates humpers would just say she’s being creative or something. Now she sticks a baby in Carson’s closet. So creative! 

I doubt Josie would do well with that small of a size and that many children. She reportedly struggled with the noise and large scale of the family events and sleeping arrangements. Apparently the smaller girls' room switched hands a few times. At one point (per a 19KAC episode), it was Erin and Ellie sleeping there. At another point it was Alyssa and Josie. I think Josie would probably go nuts in a situation like Erin (even with the new barndominium house in Florida).

I own a few rental properties in Knox and Anderson counties. I was looking at one a few years ago that was similar in size to Josie and Kelton's house. I couldn't get over how small it was but my mother pointed out I grew up in a house that size. It didn't feel small back then except it only had one bathroom. Even with no siblings that was rough and required schedules and lots of door knocking. When I rent out a property near Kelton and Josie that is 1000 square feet and 3/1, I stage it as a two bedroom with an office. 

• Upvote 6

6 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

I doubt Josie would do well with that small of a size and that many children. She reportedly struggled with the noise and large scale of the family events and sleeping arrangements. Apparently the smaller girls' room switched hands a few times. At one point (per a 19KAC episode), it was Erin and Ellie sleeping there. At another point it was Alyssa and Josie. I think Josie would probably go nuts in a situation like Erin (even with the new barndominium house in Florida).

I own a few rental properties in Knox and Anderson counties. I was looking at one a few years ago that was similar in size to Josie and Kelton's house. I couldn't get over how small it was but my mother pointed out I grew up in a house that size. It didn't feel small back then except it only had one bathroom. Even with no siblings that was rough and required schedules and lots of door knocking. When I rent out a property near Kelton and Josie that is 1000 square feet and 3/1, I stage it as a two bedroom with an office. 

Plus Josie has the money. Erin and Chad don’t seem to have close to the amount of money Josie and Kelton have. I think a part of Erin staying in that house was because it was so cheap. And she knew they would have to pay big bucks in rent to live in a house that would accommodate their needs. I think they moved to Florida because they thought rent would be cheaper. And I’m guessing they got a pretty good deal on the house they are currently in. The house Erin’s family is in right now is bigger than their old house, but it’s a very average sized house. It’s not a big house at all. And they have 7 people living in it. That house would be better for a family Josie’s size. I truly hope Erin never has another baby. Because she will just keep squeezing them into closets.

• Upvote 6

I don’t know how they manage to host out of state visitors. Trace and Lydia rented an airB&B when they recently visited Erin. The grandparents, however, appear to actually stay at Erin’s and Kelly usually has a couple of the younger kids with her. Where on earth do they all sleep? Has Chad built a guest shed on the property? I am curious about so many things to do with Chad and Erin especially their finances which do not make sense to me at all. 

• Upvote 7

43 minutes ago, Angelface said:

I don’t know how they manage to host out of state visitors. Trace and Lydia rented an airB&B when they recently visited Erin. The grandparents, however, appear to actually stay at Erin’s and Kelly usually has a couple of the younger kids with her. Where on earth do they all sleep? Has Chad built a guest shed on the property? I am curious about so many things to do with Chad and Erin especially their finances which do not make sense to me at all. 

Blow up mattresses. I live on the CA coast in a vacation enclave. Ask me how I know- Thankfully, our neighbor rents their home (totally illegal per HOA), so we usually secure that when extended family comes to stay.

Is central FL housing cheaper than Rocky Top, TN?

48 minutes ago, Angelface said:

Erin’s kids are probably kicked out of their rooms and told to all sleep in the living room. The guests probably get their beds. 

• Upvote 7

25 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Is central FL housing cheaper than Rocky Top, TN?

Looking at the same parameters on Zillow (3+ bedrooms, 1500-2500 sq ft, 1-5 acres of land), the area they live in Florida looks to be slightly more expensive than the area around Rocky Top, based on what's currently available. But it's not drastically different, and not a huge sample size. I would say the average for those parameters in Rocky Top is $450k-$500, while in Deland it's more like $525k-$575k.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

13 hours ago, Angelface said:

They didn't rent it when they visited Chad & Erin. They rented it with friends a couple of hours from C&E on the Atlantic. And I don't think it was right on the beach. It was more inland. Chad & Erin's was just a quick stop on the way down there. And it may not have even happened had they not ended up driving after two of their flights got canceled. I think they were driving near where Chad & Erin live and just stopped by for a few hours. It wasn't an overnight visit because it was a last minute decision to drive to FL instead of fly.

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

On 4/4/2024 at 11:37 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Erin’s kids are probably kicked out of their rooms and told to all sleep in the living room. The guests probably get their beds. 

Erin did a YouTube video about preparing for KJ to visit (pre-William). She said Carson’s room doubled as the guest room. I think his twin bed may pop out into a king size for guests. My guess is they put carson on a cot or air mattress in his sisters’ room or Chad and Erin’s room when they have guests like KJ or Michaela. Not sure how they have people like Tori’s family stay with them though. Maybe Tori and Bobby in Carson’s room with some littles in a pack and play and the rest of the kids in the living room? Not sure how else they could do it. Erin has talked up how godly hospitality is and praised her MIL and Kelly Jo for putting out enough beds and gift baskets etc so I’m guessing she actually does do the best she can and gives adult guests a private room. Kids are already stacked like cordwood so I guess what’s a few more. 

• Upvote 4