IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers/Helferichs 13: In the Middle of Jesus’ First Relationship

nelliebelle1197

Only for you @GreenBeans.

Edited by nelliebelle1197
  • Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 4

• nelliebelle1197 changed the title to Bontragers/Bowers/Helferichs 13: In the Middle of Jesus’ First Relationship

If anyone wants to figure out who this young fundie guy is, here’s a decent pic. He looks familiar. But I’ve found that so many fundie guys look alike. So he could be from a completely unknown family, even though he looks familiar to me. He’s not a Bowers. I do know that.

745A280A-468A-4BD8-9933-881C54393653.jpeg

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If anyone wants to figure out who this young fundie guy is, here’s a decent pic. He looks familiar. But I’ve found that so many fundie guys look alike. So he could be from a completely unknown family, even though he looks familiar to me. He’s not a Bowers. I do know that.

745A280A-468A-4BD8-9933-881C54393653.jpeg

He looks like Pecan Waller. (Idk who it is)

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

He looks like Pecan Waller. (Idk who it is)

I know what Pecan’s two single brothers look like, and he’s not one of them. But he could fit into a Waller family picture. 

• Thank You 3

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I know what Pecan’s two single brothers look like, and he’s not one of them. But he could fit into a Waller family picture. 

They have all the same kind of faces, suits and hair cuts.  You know. Kinda like a cult?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 3

I noticed a comment recently that one of the guys travelling with them is named "Ike"--don't know the last name.

• Thank You 2

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I noticed a comment recently that one of the guys travelling with them is named "Ike"--don't know the last name.

Hmmm. Ike is often short for Isaac. 

3 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Thanks to your tip, I found Ike McNaughton on Facebook. He’s from Kalona, IA like the Bonts. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

As someone who has been married for 14 years, I genuinely have no idea what she’s talking about here:

D38F800D-4EFA-457B-953A-23519A1973FD.jpeg

• Confused 2
  • Eyeroll 4
  • WTF 4
  • Haha 7

What’s a manly man? In this house we are just people. The expectations for both of us is that we respect each other, help each other and get everything that needs to get done, done. We have been married for 40 years and there are not strict sex or gender boxes that we each have to check. My advice is to be nice to one another and just do what needs to be done. Do manly men pick up after themselves and look for ways to help their wives? Do women who wear pants and take out the garbage degrade the notion of being a female or judged less feminine? Are fundie men easily manipulated by their saccharine sweet wives? How shallow-

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 5

WTF is "feminine communication"? I swear these people are some of the most insecure people on the planet! And also the most insulated because they seem to think what's fem/masc in their culture is what's fem/masc in all. What a pathetic way to go through life. 

• Upvote 10

26 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

WTF is "feminine communication"? I swear these people are some of the most insecure people on the planet! And also the most insulated because they seem to think what's fem/masc in their culture is what's fem/masc in all. What a pathetic way to go through life. 

When I read “feminine communication” I immediately thought to myself, “is she talking through her vagina?”

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 20
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

As someone who has been married for 14 years, I genuinely have no idea what she’s talking about here:

D38F800D-4EFA-457B-953A-23519A1973FD.jpeg

That is so… weird. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

It’s so weird how the Bontragers force their children still at home to be best friends. What will happen when Rebecca is the only kid left? She won’t have any BFF siblings left. Is she allowed tofu d best friends outside of the family? Because I swear these Bontrager girls live to date their brothers and make their sisters out to be BFFs. But that seems to completely go away the minute they are married. 

39D4AC37-DD1B-4D50-AC92-5B11C4CB4164.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4

59 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s so weird how the Bontragers force their children still at home to be best friends. What will happen when Rebecca is the only kid left? She won’t have any BFF siblings left. Is she allowed tofu d best friends outside of the family? Because I swear these Bontrager girls live to date their brothers and make their sisters out to be BFFs. But that seems to completely go away the minute they are married. 

39D4AC37-DD1B-4D50-AC92-5B11C4CB4164.jpeg

Much like an average classroom of students (not college, but younger ages) there will be friend groups and people who do not click with one another at all. The thing I find with these large families is that relationships are fairly superficial and communication skills seem to be poorly cultivated or encouraged. There are just too many people, competing personalities, needs/special needs, tasks that need to done etc. and not enough time. The best is never the goal because it is not possible. So, your sibs are your friends by default, because there is no time to have deep friendships outside the home. But then what happens when there is only 1 sib left at home? Well, I guess that person is busy with chores, so no time to think about friends and a life outside the bubble. Same goes for those in courtships- From no touch or private time together to full on sex? What the actual hell. How about education? Again, the easy way out because there is not time for everyone to get a decent education. Cooking, cleaning, decision making all done by shitty shortcuts because there is no time to do things more safely or thoroughly.

There is a reason these families and their approach are major societal outliers.

• Upvote 7

On 2/5/2024 at 7:01 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

The instagram handle she mentioned looks so scammy:

A4466993-DC9E-47FC-A77F-51FD9D488E24.jpeg

This is what happens when Fundy Christians REALLY want to be into Chakras and Feng Shui, but can't be, cause paganism and whatnot.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

This might be old news.. but I was scrolling the good old TikTok and somehow the page biblebee showed up and who do I see but little baby Rebs!  So I went to the page and you can also see Denver doing bible recitations. Obviously these are a few years old, but I was impressed by how polished these videos are and the moderators look *normal*.. at least more normal that I anticipates...

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, NoseyNellie said:

This might be old news.. but I was scrolling the good old TikTok and somehow the page biblebee showed up and who do I see but little baby Rebs!  So I went to the page and you can also see Denver doing bible recitations. Obviously these are a few years old, but I was impressed by how polished these videos are and the moderators look *normal*.. at least more normal that I anticipates...

I get the feeling that the in the Bontrager house, the Bible Bee is pushed much harder on the sons. The girls never seemed as into it as the boys. And I can’t help but assume it’s the way the parents push gender roles on them. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

32 minutes ago, NoseyNellie said:

I am a liar.. it was Instagram reels.. My apologies!  

• Upvote 1

On 2/8/2024 at 6:56 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I get the feeling that the in the Bontrager house, the Bible Bee is pushed much harder on the sons. The girls never seemed as into it as the boys. And I can’t help but assume it’s the way the parents push gender roles on them. 

I always got the impression that Liz didn’t like doing the bee. I remember her expressing relief one year that she had been eliminated early and didn’t have to move on. I always felt bad for her that she seemed to be forced to do it. 

• Upvote 9

23 minutes ago, Brittany15 said:

I always got the impression that Liz didn’t like doing the bee. I remember her expressing relief one year that she had been eliminated early and didn’t have to move on. I always felt bad for her that she seemed to be forced to do it. 

It’s weird to me because the girls are the ones who will be homeschooling their broods of children. Yet they never seem to be that into academics. While Joshua Bontrager definitely seemed to be into academics. And Taylor was very much into the Bible Bee. How are these daughters supposed to homeschool their kids? It’s such a flawed system.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

Has anyone found out what "feminine communication" is? I'd love to know.....or maybe I wouldn't....

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5