IGNORED

Mortons/Campanas/Roberts/Smiths 6: The Devil Went Down to Georgia & Left a Lot of Useless Jackasses

nelliebelle1197

19 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Also, on Friday, Jackie made this comment -- would this company be Scamaritan or a real insurance company?

I'm guessing that with Bret's repeated hospitalizations they've got real insurance. No way Samaritan is covering the number of procedures he's had at this point. When I traveled a lot for work I would stay in Residence Inns and if it was in a town with a major hospital, it was common for the people in adjacent rooms to be family of patients undergoing these kinds of long-term treatments. I guess they have some kind of deal with insurers.

• Upvote 8

You know, I've been puzzled by Rachel and Kressant's abrupt stop to babymaking after a consistent decade each, and it struck me that Ma Smith had 4(?) biological children in her 20s, and then adopted a zillion after that.

Could there be some heriditary condition that makes it harder to concieve or carry a baby after around 30? Rachel and Kressant had their last around then, and for Kressant it's been over 4 years—a 5 year gap if she gets pregnant right now. A strange gap from those families. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, ToriAmos said:

You know, I've been puzzled by Rachel and Kressant's abrupt stop to babymaking after a consistent decade each, and it struck me that Ma Smith had 4(?) biological children in her 20s, and then adopted a zillion after that.

Could there be some heriditary condition that makes it harder to concieve or carry a baby after around 30? Rachel and Kressant had their last around then, and for Kressant it's been over 4 years—a 5 year gap if she gets pregnant right now. A strange gap from those families. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the fact that they live in Paraguay. Rachel’s last was not a great birth. And who knows what kind of experience she had in the hospital. I’m not saying the hospitals are bad there. It just might be different from the US. Kressant and Mike seemed to have pretty hard lives the last few years. He’s working all the time. I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t sweet fellowship as much as they used to. Bethany seems to live a pretty nice life and she keeps popping them out regularly. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Kressant and Mike seemed to have pretty hard lives the last few years.

This. Her IG photos of their homestead are really depressing to see.

It's hard to believe their lives have gotten better in Paraguay.

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

11 hours ago, ToriAmos said:

Jackie and Brett had either a tubal or vasectomy, and reversal wasn't an option or was unsuccessful. It's been too long for that rabbit hole. They had the same issue as the Deckers I do remember that. The Davis family is the one mystery on that front. One daughter and then 3 adopted children much later.  

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

8 hours ago, lexiloumarie said:

Jackie and Brett had either a tubal or vasectomy, and reversal wasn't an option or was unsuccessful. It's been too long for that rabbit hole. They had the same issue as the Deckers I do remember that. The Davis family is the one mystery on that front. One daughter and then 3 adopted children much later.  

Ah, I didn't know that. Oh, the reversal days!!

• Upvote 4

On 11/2/2022 at 12:52 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the fact that they live in Paraguay. Rachel’s last was not a great birth. And who knows what kind of experience she had in the hospital. I’m not saying the hospitals are bad there. It just might be different from the US. Kressant and Mike seemed to have pretty hard lives the last few years. He’s working all the time. I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t sweet fellowship as much as they used to. Bethany seems to live a pretty nice life and she keeps popping them out regularly. 

What is Bethany's husband doing for a living? Do we know that? She is till living in Griffin, isn't she? I wonder what happens when she runs into her mother while grocery shopping. Do they talk?

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, ophelia said:

What is Bethany's husband doing for a living?

He's a paramedic, or at least he used to be. A real profession for a fundie!

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

22 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

This. Her IG photos of their homestead are really depressing to see.

It's hard to believe their lives have gotten better in Paraguay.

So. Much. Better. Because Paraguay is even more right-wing than their little corner of the US. In particular, they are free to persecute LGBT+ people and there's a nationwide ban on abortions. Life is good when you don't have to worry about your neighbors not sharing your personal beliefs.

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 4
  • Sad 2

Today is not only Jill R's birthday, it's also Bret Alan Smith Senior's birthday. He is 62, according to fundiewiki. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Today is not only Jill R's birthday, it's also Bret Alan Smith Senior's birthday. He is 62, according to fundiewiki. 

And both in need of a heart transplant. 😑

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

So, too young for medicare? Was he disabled prior? A person is eligible if disabled 2 years prior.

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

Francessca is having a boy. It occurred to me that most of the Mortons had a boy first. Martha, Kennedy and Alyssa are the exceptions. Another idiot gum toting patriarch. Just what the world needs.

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 1

Kressant and her kids are currently at a protest against "gender mutilation." Glad to see Tucker Carlson-style hate making its way worldwide. God help any trans kid who might already be growing up in their isolated little Mennonite town, now having to see this nonsense.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 3
  • WTF 2

• 2 weeks later...

Brett apparently got matched with a heart for transplant.  Surgery is tentatively scheduled for tomorrow morning (Saturday) at 6am.  

The heart apparently came from Oklahoma and the doctor will get it using a private jet.  I can not even imagine the cost involved.  

• Angry 6
  • Eyeroll 2
  • WTF 1

41 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

Brett apparently got matched with a heart for transplant.  Surgery is tentatively scheduled for tomorrow morning (Saturday) at 6am.  

The heart apparently came from Oklahoma and the doctor will get it using a private jet.  I can not even imagine the cost involved.  

I hope it’s the heart of a super liberal atheist. 

• Upvote 8
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 14

He’s still trying to guilt his estranged kids into reaching out to him. 

Spoiler

Fb post 

Edited by FleeJanaFree
  • Eyeroll 4

4 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

Guess he got vaccinated.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7

4 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

3 hours ago, Jasmar said:

WHY DO THESE ASSHOLES KEEP WINNING?

No kidding. They have the devilʻs own luck. With @JermajestyDuggar, I can only hope heʻs getting the heart of a progressive atheist.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

With @JermajestyDuggar, I can only hope heʻs getting the heart of a progressive atheist.

No, because in that case a liberal progressive atheist has died. Hopefully it was an anti-choice asshole.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

I have such mixed feelings about this. One one hand, I am not God and don't get to pick and choose who dies - nor would I want to be in that position.  And I do marvel that we live in a time that a heart can be transplanted from someone who died in order to save another life.

But on the other hand, I am sure that for everyone who gets a heart, like Brett, many others die while waiting. And that makes me sad to think about... 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6

5 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

I have such mixed feelings about this. One one hand, I am not God and don't get to pick and choose who dies - nor would I want to be in that position.  And I do marvel that we live in a time that a heart can be transplanted from someone who died in order to save another life.

But on the other hand, I am sure that for everyone who gets a heart, like Brett, many others die while waiting. And that makes me sad to think about... 

So much of this. I don't believe there is any place for discrimination on who does or doesn't receive help unless it's a result of proper medical opinion.

I think that what upsets me the most is the suspicion he will be 100% sure the transplant was made possible by God/Jeebus and is a mark of his special favour. Everything Bret does and thinks will from now on will be God-approved because that was who kept him alive. To my very simplistic mind, this kind of goes back to the problem of evil - "Yay God blessed me and kept me alive to do his work." without thinking "Actually God must have arranged for someone else to die to make this happen." 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 7