IGNORED

Arndts (Safe at Home) 7: Waiting on Wedding Photos

Coconut Flan

It has been AGES since I ventured into the Arndt threads. I knew one of them was getting married but had no idea it was this past weekend! Any sign another one will follow suit, or do we think this was a one-off? 😄

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, Loveday said:

It has been AGES since I ventured into the Arndt threads. I knew one of them was getting married but had no idea it was this past weekend! Any sign another one will follow suit, or do we think this was a one-off? 😄

There is another Son that's engaged and 2 others in relationships. Luke started it and now 3 more are following behind. Jacob and Nathan and James are the ones that are in relationships and James is engaged to Paige. Nathan is dating Courtney and Jacob is dating Joan

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 11

I have a feeling the first grand Arndt is going to get overwhelmed with all the family attention and picture taking. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 8

I wonder how the 3 older/oldest ones are feeling (Paul, John, and Mark).  Mark always struck me as desperate to get married and John strikes me as someone who wants to get married because that's what he feels he "should" do.  Mark turns 40 this year, that's 3 "middle-aged" man boys.

• Upvote 13

26 minutes ago, RebeccaRay said:

There is another Son that's engaged and 2 others in relationships. Luke started it and now 3 more are following behind. Jacob and Nathan and James are the ones that are in relationships and James is engaged to Paige. Nathan is dating Courtney and Jacob is dating Joan

Oh, wow. Thank you! I've really missed a lot, haven't I? Things were same-old, same-old for sooooooo long I just kind of lost interest. Catching up on the Arndts is my new FJ goal!😆

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

I wonder how the 3 older/oldest ones are feeling (Paul, John, and Mark).  Mark always struck me as desperate to get married and John strikes me as someone who wants to get married because that's what he feels he "should" do.  Mark turns 40 this year, that's 3 "middle-aged" man boys.

I have a feeling it’s easier for the younger brothers to find girlfriends because they can find single virgin Christian women close to their age. While I imagine the three oldest won’t find any even close to their age. They might have to find a mate at least 12 years younger. Or a widow close to their age. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6

9 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I have a feeling it’s easier for the younger brothers to find girlfriends because they can find single virgin Christian women close to their age. While I imagine the three oldest won’t find any even close to their age. They might have to find a mate at least 12 years younger. Or a widow close to their age. 

I also wonder what the age difference is between Luke and his wife.  Luke is 38, I hope she's at least in her early to mid 30s and they'll have significantly less than 14 kids!!

• Upvote 8

6 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Note that Cathy is front and center -- standing right next to her boy.  At least she doesn't have her hand on his stomach

And her dress is damn near white.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I have a feeling it’s easier for the younger brothers to find girlfriends because they can find single virgin Christian women close to their age. While I imagine the three oldest won’t find any even close to their age.

Yup.  A quandary for the older virginal chidults.  Of course, they'd be so much better off with a sexually experienced woman their own age...

• Upvote 6

13 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They could take a road trip down to Appalachian Bible College and talk to Anna Maxwell. There’s still an age gap, but the life experience is comparable. Plus Anna Is athletic. . .

• Upvote 9
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, postscript said:

They could take a road trip down to Appalachian Bible College and talk to Anna Maxwell. There’s still an age gap, but the life experience is comparable. Plus Anna Is athletic. . .

I always wondered what Steve would think of Cathy’s tiny white shorts 😂

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 18
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They didn’t just make it to first base on their wedding night 🙄

They may have struck out. 

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 6

On 5/9/2023 at 7:59 AM, hollyandivy said:

@JermajestyDuggar: can you provide a link to her FB pls? There are way too many Catie Coxes coming up in a search

She's in under Catherine Cox. There's a picture of her and Luke. When you click on the profile, her cover (backdrop) photo is the Arndts.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

Everyone says Luke is the "hot" one, but he's giving off big Jim Bob Duggar vibes in Paul's photo.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

I saw this on the Charm City Cakes website and wondered if this was the groom's cake:

image.png.1c04fc460381e09f63dc040afab02a0b.png

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 21
  • Love 6

2 minutes ago, RebeccaRay said:
  Reveal hidden contents

FB_IMG_1685476248013.jpg

FB_IMG_1685476272428.jpg

FB_IMG_1685476261558.jpg

So the guys with the flowers were chosen to be groomsmen. It’s like the bachelorette. And Kathy’s dress is quite light 😬

• Upvote 6

44 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

So the guys with the flowers were chosen to be groomsmen. It’s like the bachelorette. And Kathy’s dress is quite light 😬

She posted to her fb. There's more photos there

• Upvote 1

James is 34, 35 in Sept. His fiancee graduated high school in 2017. That makes her 23-24. She probably has more life experience and is more mature than he is. But I can't help but feel sorry for someone that young getting pulled into the Arndt orbit.

Does she like to watch middle aged men play softball several nights per week? Can she hold a camera straight for hours to shoot it?

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1

They recently built a new softball field on the Arndt property. I’m surprised it took them this long tbh.

• Upvote 7

I'm surprised they weren't married on a softball field. Is that a Catholic church?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6

Was Kathy in the wedding? Matron of honor?  That's a bouquet she's holding.

That would be very ... odd.  But I can imagine Kathy ("my boys will always belong to me") Arndt  lobbying for it.

@Red Hair, Black Dress, I carried a nosegay at my daughter’s wedding because I don’t like corsages, but I sure didn’t pull a Cathy and wear a dress nearly the color of the wedding gown!

• Upvote 2