Welcome to all our new members!
Welcome to Free Jinger! We hope you enjoy your time here. Free Jinger (FJ) has a somewhat specific board culture when new members may not be used to from other forums. We have put together some tips to help new members integrate successfully into the community.
* Be sure to read our rules
* If you do not email us when people that live with you have accounts, you WILL be banned for being socks.
* We have an amazing set of FAQs (thank you @HerNameIsBuffy)
* Since history has taught us since most people don't read the rules, we do not allow hate speech here. That means we do not allow words like retard/retarded, fag/faggot, gay (used as a slur), the n-word, etc. We also don't allow symbols of hate in avatars or cover photos. This includes swastikas and confederate flags.
* Please read this post by Happy Atheist before you jump right into posting.
* We have a whole forum set up just to help new members get acquainted with Free Jinger. You will find it here. It's not mandatory, but you won't have to worry about being scolded by long term members for making mistakes if you post in that particular forum.
* Please take a moment to read this great post by Church_of_dog and this one too to help you avoid running afoul of our board culture.
* We have such a wonderful community here that people do things like write summaries on the families and organizations we talk about, maintain a blog list and maintain an FJ specific dictionary. We also have a handy acronym feature. Hover your mouse over acronyms that are underlined and you will be shown what they stand for.
* We also have subforums dedicated to the people we discuss.
* Please make your post readable. This means:
- Post in English only
- Don't use excessive formatting
- Remove formatting from pasted text
- Put animated images under a spoiler
- Put excessive (more than 2) images under a spoiler
- Snip quotes
- No text speak
- Mark links NSFW
- No NSFW images
* You need 6 months membership to start new threads or read our Are You There FJ area. You can start new threads in the SOTDRT and a helpmeet will move it to the appropriate forum for you. If your post does need to be moved, please report your post with a note that it needs to be moved. We don't always catch those kinds of posts right away.
* Please keep the majority of your comments/snark based on the beliefs/ideology/philosophy of the people who you are speaking about. It is natural for a snark site to have some "bitch eating crackers" (BEC) type commentary and that is fine, but please make it the exception, not the rule.
*BEC =/= snark. If you don't understand the difference ask!
* Expect push back if you let your xenophobic, islamophobic, racist, homophobic, misogynist freak flag fly.
*Before you post about how mean it is to "pile on," please read this great post by Lurky
* Words have meaning on FJ. The majority of members are going to take what you say in the plain English meaning of the words you use. You will not be able to "baffle them with bullshit" here. Use "word salads," mainsplaining and your own definitions of words at your own risk.
* If you state something as a fact (rather than your opinion), you should expect that someone will ask you for sources to back up your claim. If you use crazy, biased sources you will likely receive mocking and push back. We do not allow links to hate sites (Stor*mfro*t, Brietbart, Infowars)
* We currently support tapatalk, however tapatalk does not fully support us. Please make sure your signature is turned off in your tapatalk settings. If you are having problems or wonkiness when using tapatalk, please make sure to check out tech support forum to see if your issue has already been addressed.
* We use post count titles. The first one is "You're Going to Hell." No one will be upset when seeing this title above your name. Just make 5 posts and you will get a new post count title.
* No one owes anyone an explanation for downvotes and they can be given for any reason, from serious disagreement to an avatar that doesn't amuse you. Don't ask about downvotes in the threads - that's not drift it's disruption. Also remember that people accidentally downvote when on mobile so if it happens and there is no other reason to believe your post is objectionable do everyone a favor and let it go.
* We heavily discourage 1-2 word/emoticon/emoji posts. We do not allow posts like "I agree" or similar variants at all. Please use the like button for those types of posts instead. We do realize that on occasion a very short post is used to make a point or a joke and that is fine. Please don't make these types of posts the majority of your contributions to discussions.
* When you post an article, particularly from a mainstream site, please don't copy/paste the entire article. Post the link and then a few bits that you feel are important and then let people go read the rest of the article themselves. it's not really very copyright friendly to post the whole article.
* If you find an article on a fundy site and you think they will delete the article and it may be useful to have the whole thing to refute them in the future (ie: Kendull's I "spanked" my kids all day post)., a screenshot is best in this case rather than a full copy/paste.
* When you post your article that you have found, please add a sentence or 2 of your own commentary so people know why you felt the article is worth their viewing time.
* When you start a thread, making your title relevant to the subject will get you more input and it helps reduce duplicate threads. Instead of saying just "This is crazy" say "Zsu believes Obama is a hologram. Crazy!" (not actually true... that I know of)
* Please scan the first couple pages of a forum before you post a new thread to make sure it's not a duplicate. If you do accidentally make a duplicate thread, just report your post and a helpmeet will be along to merge it with the original topic.
* If you post "insider" information, we may ask you to verify your identity to the admins. Any information you provide will be kept confidential.
* If you want to post about a controversial topic, please use the No Holds Barred (NHB) forum.
If you have any questions, comments or problems please feel free to PM a Helpmeet and they will be able to assist you.
Welcome to the community!
(Updated Janurary 23, 2019)
By HerNameIsBuffy, in Quiver Full of Duggars
- 575 replies
- 0 views
By HerNameIsBuffy, in Quiver Full of Snark
- 289 replies
- 0 views
- 155 replies
- 0 views
By Bethella, in Quiver Full of Snark
- 28 replies
- 0 views
By Coconut Flan, in Quiver Full of Snark
- 119 replies
- 0 views
She's trying to have something to say, to show approved interests in order to be on social media like her sisters and friends.
Heck, I doubt I'll have a public social media account until I have kids, or never, because anything else I'd have to say would be about politics and I'm not about drama.Edited by raspberrymint
Social media is unnecessary
22 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:
Until you posted this I didn't even realize there was more than one puppy. But yes, she got Millie in Jacksonville last week and then just yesterday drove by Noah and Dorothy's place on her way to pick up another. What the hell?
Two guesses: either she decided to give Millie to Martha (who has been posting the pup like it's hers now), or the new puppy is a male, and she's legit trying dog breeding.
My almost-100 years ago name would be Grace Emily... my twin's would be Cordelia Lucretia (hers is much cooler than mine!).
I like the mix-up of those names as Cordelia Emily and Lucretia Grace. We'd be Cordy and Lucy.
4 hours ago, Aine said:
Poor Spurgeon will has to depend on his middle name for any name or nickname that doesn't sound like 'purge'.
Oh gosh, I didn't even think about the fact that the word "purge" is right in the middle of his name.
...well, he's got a built-in stage name in the incredibly rare event that he joins a metal band.
New livestream up. Couldn’t watch the whole thing, but a few things stood out:
1) A viewer asked how homeschooling is going and Tom said great, to which Judah said no, it’s awful. Tom quickly explained Judah thinks that but actually Judah is doing great and learning a lot. No mention of Grandma Kitty, who is there 3x/week.
2) Tom mentions the Meal Train has ended.
3) He is very defensive when talking about the dog and Hannah. The dog had hernia, which is better, but fell down the stairs. Hannah is screaming in the background. At one point he says she’s in bed and the kids tell him no-she’s on the chair.
4) He ignores the kids comments during dinner, like Sophia telling him soup has spilled. He’s very, very focused on the camera.
5) At 27 minutes he starts to choke up as Sophia tells him about what she can sew because Andrea taught her. It’s actually really sad
6) At 31 minutes he talks about not being able to remember all the kids’ ages, to which Solomon says he does. Solomon then recites every correct age. Tom then says he can’t use the “Dad excuse “ anymore, whatever that means
7) At 32 minutes he’s talking about how much his kids know and mentions how nobody learns what the “England flag” is in public school, to which Asher replies, yes, they do. Am I sensing schooling rebellion from Judah and Asher?
8 At 39 minutes he’s talking about how the chores are done by the kids which is why large families are easy. They get paid 2-5 cents/minute, to which Judah says 0-5 cents.
9) At 49 minutes discusses the privilege system and how reciting bible verses gets you more
Lots of talking about different bibles at the end. One viewer mentions how publisher Tom likes also publishes the Satanic bible, to which Tom says he doesn’t care. Refers back to his channel for viewers to watch for why we should learn to read the Bible in Greek. This is why he’s my pet fundie.
Other notes: Eden tries desperately to get his attention, and they are all not matching.