Welcome to all our new members!
Welcome to Free Jinger! We hope you enjoy your time here. Free Jinger (FJ) has a somewhat specific board culture when new members may not be used to from other forums. We have put together some tips to help new members integrate successfully into the community.
* Be sure to read our rules
* If you do not email us when people that live with you have accounts, you WILL be banned for being socks.
* We have an amazing set of FAQs (thank you @HerNameIsBuffy)
* Since history has taught us since most people don't read the rules, we do not allow hate speech here. That means we do not allow words like retard/retarded, fag/faggot, gay (used as a slur), the n-word, etc. We also don't allow symbols of hate in avatars or cover photos. This includes swastikas and confederate flags.
* Please read this post by Happy Atheist before you jump right into posting.
* We have a whole forum set up just to help new members get acquainted with Free Jinger. You will find it here. It's not mandatory, but you won't have to worry about being scolded by long term members for making mistakes if you post in that particular forum.
* Please take a moment to read this great post by Church_of_dog and this one too to help you avoid running afoul of our board culture.
* We have such a wonderful community here that people do things like write summaries on the families and organizations we talk about, maintain a blog list and maintain an FJ specific dictionary. We also have a handy acronym feature. Hover your mouse over acronyms that are underlined and you will be shown what they stand for.
* We also have subforums dedicated to the people we discuss.
* Please make your post readable. This means:
- Post in English only
- Don't use excessive formatting
- Remove formatting from pasted text
- Put animated images under a spoiler
- Put excessive (more than 2) images under a spoiler
- Snip quotes
- No text speak
- Mark links NSFW
- No NSFW images
* You need 6 months membership to start new threads or read our Are You There FJ area. You can start new threads in the SOTDRT and a helpmeet will move it to the appropriate forum for you. If your post does need to be moved, please report your post with a note that it needs to be moved. We don't always catch those kinds of posts right away.
* Please keep the majority of your comments/snark based on the beliefs/ideology/philosophy of the people who you are speaking about. It is natural for a snark site to have some "bitch eating crackers" (BEC) type commentary and that is fine, but please make it the exception, not the rule.
*BEC =/= snark. If you don't understand the difference ask!
* Expect push back if you let your xenophobic, islamophobic, racist, homophobic, misogynist freak flag fly.
*Before you post about how mean it is to "pile on," please read this great post by Lurky
* Words have meaning on FJ. The majority of members are going to take what you say in the plain English meaning of the words you use. You will not be able to "baffle them with bullshit" here. Use "word salads," mainsplaining and your own definitions of words at your own risk.
* If you state something as a fact (rather than your opinion), you should expect that someone will ask you for sources to back up your claim. If you use crazy, biased sources you will likely receive mocking and push back. We do not allow links to hate sites (Stor*mfro*t, Brietbart, Infowars)
* We currently support tapatalk, however tapatalk does not fully support us. Please make sure your signature is turned off in your tapatalk settings. If you are having problems or wonkiness when using tapatalk, please make sure to check out tech support forum to see if your issue has already been addressed.
* We use post count titles. The first one is "You're Going to Hell." No one will be upset when seeing this title above your name. Just make 5 posts and you will get a new post count title.
* No one owes anyone an explanation for downvotes and they can be given for any reason, from serious disagreement to an avatar that doesn't amuse you. Don't ask about downvotes in the threads - that's not drift it's disruption. Also remember that people accidentally downvote when on mobile so if it happens and there is no other reason to believe your post is objectionable do everyone a favor and let it go.
* We heavily discourage 1-2 word/emoticon/emoji posts. We do not allow posts like "I agree" or similar variants at all. Please use the like button for those types of posts instead. We do realize that on occasion a very short post is used to make a point or a joke and that is fine. Please don't make these types of posts the majority of your contributions to discussions.
* When you post an article, particularly from a mainstream site, please don't copy/paste the entire article. Post the link and then a few bits that you feel are important and then let people go read the rest of the article themselves. it's not really very copyright friendly to post the whole article.
* If you find an article on a fundy site and you think they will delete the article and it may be useful to have the whole thing to refute them in the future (ie: Kendull's I "spanked" my kids all day post)., a screenshot is best in this case rather than a full copy/paste.
* When you post your article that you have found, please add a sentence or 2 of your own commentary so people know why you felt the article is worth their viewing time.
* When you start a thread, making your title relevant to the subject will get you more input and it helps reduce duplicate threads. Instead of saying just "This is crazy" say "Zsu believes Obama is a hologram. Crazy!" (not actually true... that I know of)
* Please scan the first couple pages of a forum before you post a new thread to make sure it's not a duplicate. If you do accidentally make a duplicate thread, just report your post and a helpmeet will be along to merge it with the original topic.
* If you post "insider" information, we may ask you to verify your identity to the admins. Any information you provide will be kept confidential.
* If you want to post about a controversial topic, please use the No Holds Barred (NHB) forum.
If you have any questions, comments or problems please feel free to PM a Helpmeet and they will be able to assist you.
Welcome to the community!
(Updated Janurary 23, 2019)
- 270 replies
- 16,078 views
By samurai_sarah, in Quiver Full of Duggars
- 113 replies
- 14,865 views
- 117 replies
- 22,687 views
By HandHoldingHeathen, in Quiver Full of Duggars
- 90 replies
- 13,287 views
By nelliebelle1197, in Quiver Full of Snark
- 3 replies
- 361 views
21 hours ago, mymelody said:
In a twist that no one saw coming, "nothing is a right" guy is also anti-choice.
Calling your husband 'husbear' is so cringey...
8 hours ago, squiddysquid said:
Because 24h without monitoring is not advised, I'm a doctor, you would check for fetal distress (or things like breech position as in Joy who Jill and her "midwive" let Labour for 10 hours and didn't even notice) a long time before that. FYI if you wait too long you can't do an Epidural anymore
The Anaesthesiologist did test her, pricking her arm and then her legs and asked her if she feels any difference. She said "a little" now epidurals are pretty much hit or miss - either you hit the spot or you didn't - dermatomes are a wonderful thing. That's why he didn't do a new one straight away.
You could also give other pain medication before that (they said they gave her a muscle relaxant though I wonder what kind) . Of course her body was already cramped up and labouring for a day without help def isn't advised and of course fucking painful.
She faked migraines before to get out of a fucking game laying down smiling on the sofa right there in the light noisy room - having migraines myself - nope never going to happen
And of course the Duggars have an awful track record for going to the hospital only when shit hits the fan. In Jessas birth episode like Jill she used castor oil to speed up labour. That's a a dangerous old wive's tale - it stresses the baby out and they pass meconium like it happened in Jill's case. Meconium aspiration can lead to life threatening respiratory infections.
Now with pain management you always treat on the side of caution, generally they way the patient subjectively experiences it determines the treatment. Unless the patient is obviously faking - a few choice questions about pain quality exact site radiation of the pain can often tell you.
Graphic added; spinal vs epidural
Never mind. Not worth the aggravation. Thank God Patients have review sites now so they know who to avoid.Edited by Mama Mia
Tom had another one of his infamous Bible studies tonight. I have never watched. A while later he had a Live. I watched a short portion after it was posted. It sounded like he received quite a few Super Chats. Those people never cease to amaze me. Do they not have families/friends? They actually pay for the “honor” of talking to him from behind a screen. I didn’t hear his complete conversation about Go Fund Me. Tom did say the money has slowed down, but he found out GFM accounts never have to be shut down.
Thomas is planning on getting an apartment with his friend next year. He doesn’t want to leave Moorcroft. He likes his job at the grocery store, but has no future plans, unless something else comes along.
Tom thinks COPPA is all blown out of proportion, and that it will all blow over. Says he isn’t too concerned about it. He said his videos are not for children, and that children never comment on his videos. What a moron. Always arrogant. He said if anything happens he can use Patreon. It seems like he is assuming everyone will pay to belong to his exclusive club. The clueless people who fawn all over him probably would pay. Pure madness.
4 hours ago, SassyPants said:
Stating the obvious here, but places with more PEOPLE will have more VOTES cast, and rightfully so. PEOPLE should count. Empty land masses, while beautiful, do not contain citizens and should not override the votes of actual PEOPLE.
I am so sick of hearing how less populated states would be at a disadvantage without the presence of the EC. AND why is that? It’s because there are fewer people, and fewer people would mean fewer votes in certain areas...LET THE VOTERS DECIDE, just like they for every other state and local office. Right now we are being held hostage and controlled by a rigged system. In the last election, because of the EC, the majority is being held to the whims of the minority, and then when you add on the unbalanced Rep # in Congress...it just is so frustrating.
Oh I fully agree with you but I’m surrounded by idiots so I hear their reasons more than I want. We elected a democrat as governor in the last election. She’s very moderate and went up against Trump’s bff Kris Kobach.
Full disclosure I am a registered republican and will remain so until I leave Kansas even though I don’t agree where the party is going. We can only vote in the primary for our registered party. I want to do whatever I can to keep Kobach and the likes off of my ballot.
Back to our last election. The people I am surrounded by were bitching that just a few counties picked our govern and we needed the EC. I tried to explain that looking at the map that way discounted many votes. My county for example had a 300 vote difference. But they wanted to make the 2000 votes null because 2300 voted the way they wanted. After beating my head against the wall trying to explain that everyone deserves to be able to have a voice not just the majority they then told me that abolishing the EC would mean that I would have more losses. I don’t think the majority of them realize until Trump I was a republican though I never voted a straight ticket. That’s just stupid.
I did successfully shut one of them up the other day by educating them that the reason they can conceal and carry is because our democrat governor wrote the bill when she was a legislator.
Did the awesome announcement ever happen?