IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 13: Online Courting with Caldwell Semi-colons

Georgiana

Still, Addison is better than Allie or Lexi Webster (Alyssa Bates Webster's older 2 daughters). Addison passes the doctor/C.E.O./Supreme Court justice name. It's too bad she'll be woefully under-educated and taught that her only job skills will be to marry and have children.

• Upvote 12

11 minutes ago, Nargus said:

@Four is Enough  @BernRul  My friend in high school dated a guy who's two older brothers were named Ashley and Manly.

This makes me think Ashley was the first born, and kids made fun of him for having a 'girl name', so they named the next child Manly to avoid that problem?

• Haha 6

27 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

This makes me think Ashley was the first born, and kids made fun of him for having a 'girl name', so they named the next child Manly to avoid that problem?

That was what we joked at the time, Ashley was the oldest of the 3 brothers, but I don't know if they were far apart enough in age for that to be why.  Im pretty sure the three were all born 1980-86. 

Edited by Nargus
  • Upvote 4

Was the third called Guy?? Just to rule out future gender issues? [emoji23]
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 7

Why can’t any of these women just say “I was two days late, so I took a test”???? “ it’s always “well, I felt a little funny, like maybe I might be, but I’m probably not, but I took a test anyway”.   You’ve been raised for the sole purpose of breeding, stop pretending the process is a mystery. It’s hard for us to believe you’re not too young to be having your second child if you can’t use the word “period” in a sentence 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 2

To me, Addison is a surname and I can't get my head around using it is a first name. It also sounds quite masculine to my tender ears. Maybe it's a Northern European thing for me, where a lot of naming traditions have you down as son of, daughter of, wife of, in some form or another.

I completely get that childrens' names evolve, gender has less influence on what name is given to a newborn and more surnames are given for first names. Each to their own.

Regardless, Addison Duggar is a beautiful baby. I wish her health, love and happiness.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, BlessingsVonFundiePants said:

Why can’t any of these women just say “I was two days late, so I took a test”???? “ it’s always “well, I felt a little funny, like maybe I might be, but I’m probably not, but I took a test anyway”.   You’ve been raised for the sole purpose of breeding, stop pretending the process is a mystery. It’s hard for us to believe you’re not too young to be having your second child if you can’t use the word “period” in a sentence 

She got pregnant only about 9 months after Garret's birth and she breastfed at least for a few months. So it could easily be that she didn't have her period back so she couldn't have known that she was late.

I also recently took a pregnancy test because I felt a little funny. It was my second cycle after giving birth and my first one was incredibly long (38 days, my cylces pre birth were always around 27-29 days) so I didn't think that I was late.

Or she didn't want to use the term "period".

• Upvote 5

In the UK, Ashley and Mackenzie are common boys and girls names. The name Brooklyn is used for a boy more than a girl as well, David and Victoria Beckham are to thank for that. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, LancetteShing99 said:

She got pregnant only about 9 months after Garret's birth and she breastfed at least for a few months. So it could easily be that she didn't have her period back so she couldn't have known that she was late.

I also recently took a pregnancy test because I felt a little funny. It was my second cycle after giving birth and my first one was incredibly long (38 days, my cylces pre birth were always around 27-29 days) so I didn't think that I was late.

Or she didn't want to use the term "period".

But they don't have to use period, just say I was late so I took a test, everyone knows what they were late for. 

The weird thing is they all say the same thing, I felt funny so I took a test. I would guess they buy pregnancy tests in bulk and share them, when they aren't pregnant or just had a baby they probable test every month. Tests today can detect a pregnancy before you miss your period, they don't have time to "feel funny" before they test. I'm guessing Jessa, Jinger and Joy, at the moment, are using NFP to space pregnancies out, or avoid pregnancy, in Joy's case, until they are ready to have another baby.

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, BlessingsVonFundiePants said:

Makes me think that some of them may not fully understand the entire process.

• Upvote 10

10 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

Still, Addison is better than Allie or Lexi Webster (Alyssa Bates Webster's older 2 daughters). Addison passes the doctor/C.E.O./Supreme Court justice name. It's too bad she'll be woefully under-educated and taught that her only job skills will be to marry and have children.

I think Allie actually passes that test more than Addison does. And she could always use Allie Jane if she wants something a little longer. Lexi, not as much. 

I like Addison, but I tend to like most surname names. I did notice that the name Add-a-son seems to be particularly appropriate for a Duggar. Although in this case I guess it should have been Add-a-daughter? ?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

Damn. I had to wait until I was 2 weeks late, then go to Planned parenthood for a test. You young whippersnappers have it too easy. *Waves cane and yells at kids to stay off my lawn.* :character-oldtimer:

• Haha 36
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

But they don't have to use period, just say I was late so I took a test, everyone knows what they were late for. 

The weird thing is they all say the same thing, I felt funny so I took a test. I would guess they buy pregnancy tests in bulk and share them, when they aren't pregnant or just had a baby they probable test every month. Tests today can detect a pregnancy before you miss your period, they don't have time to "feel funny" before they test. I'm guessing Jessa, Jinger and Joy, at the moment, are using NFP to space pregnancies out, or avoid pregnancy, in Joy's case, until they are ready to have another baby.

Some women do start having symptoms even before the early tests can get a positive result. In Abbie’s case, she could easily have thought HG was the flu.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I would guess they buy pregnancy tests in bulk and share them, when they aren't pregnant or just had a baby they probable test every month.

I'd guess every month, at least, and without a doubt before the film crew shows up.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I'd guess every month, at least, and without a doubt before the film crew shows up.

I’d never thought of this before. You’re probably right. What a strange way to live. 

• Upvote 3

On 11/4/2019 at 6:43 PM, Jaedzia said:

Isn't it funny how that happens? I have never met a Holly or a Molly that I liked!

For me it's girls named "Brandy" and "Ryan." It's never gone well... 

13 hours ago, PumaLover said:

Yep. …raises hand. And I'm one of them. Always, always had multiple other Jennifers in my classes growing up. It was so annoying. I always vowed that if I had kids, I would NOT give them a trendy (or tryndy) name. 

'84 baby here and I knew SO many Jennifers, Jessicas, and Kristens. I had a "weird" older name and hated it and remember introducing myself at a playground once to some kids as Jennifer just so I could get a chance to feel normal for a bit. 

Of course now as an adult I like my memorable name and appreciate that I didn't have to be Jenny K. or Kristen M. in class. And people easily remember my name which helps in business situations.

• Upvote 7

I am curious if they start testing as early as possible (I had my first faint lines around 8 days after ovulation), or wait till they miss their period. In my experience if you are actively trying for a baby early testing is pretty common. If you just „let the Lord decide“ you probably wait till you go late. I think this „feeling funny“ is interesting as many PMS symptoms can also be pregnancy symptoms and sometimes things change after pregnancy or just as time goes by.

• Upvote 7

On 11/4/2019 at 3:36 PM, Four is Enough said:

And cute notwithstanding, they have a damned bow on her head! Seriously!

How else would you know that she's a girl?????

I am surprised that so many people are worked up about the name Addison. It's a very common name of elementary age girls in the area where I live. I'm pretty sure it's become popular as an alternative to the extreme popularity of the name Madison. 

• Upvote 5

10 minutes ago, FaithAndReason said:

I am surprised that so many people are worked up about the name Addison. It's a very common name of elementary age girls in the area where I live. I'm pretty sure it's become popular as an alternative to the extreme popularity of the name Madison. 

I was about to say this too! My son has had a few Addisons in his classes/groups and it's definitely pretty popular. It'd be like if they had a boy and named him Matthew or Jackson imo. I think it's a pretty decent name, especially for the Duggars. If anything I'm surprised they went with such a popular name.

• Upvote 5

On Orange is the new black one of the characters turned her name into Badison. That's all I can think of now. ?

Not my cup of tea. I like Addie. Adalyn or Adaline sound much prettier to me.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Kendra told Joe that she was 5 weeks along. If she told him the same day she tested then possibly she was still nursing and didn’t realize she was late. Hence she felt funny.

• Upvote 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic