IGNORED

Bro Gary Hawkins 24: Smoking Meat

Coconut Flan

Gary seem to enjoy going around to churches who have lost their pastor and doing a drop-in preaching.  He never offers to take the job himself.  Is it just too much like real work?  I figure that the pay isn't great either and Gary has no intention of working a real job so he can also keep up a church.  He's in a bind.  All he wants to do is be a traveling evangelist and that just isn't working out for him.  He talks a lot about leading people to God but, when the chips are down, Gary's not going to step out of his comfort zone to spread the word.

• Upvote 5

Pastor Baker has provided some competition for Bro Gary’s King James Baptist College. Well, not really. It astounds me that Gary and his buds thought there wasn’t enough King James Bible coursework in the US that they had to make their own. Maybe they just wanted easier coursework. IMG_1911.thumb.jpeg.789604b0bd3f6a1e00663821ececfb4d.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

5 minutes ago, Joyster said:

Pastor Baker has provided some competition for Bro Gary’s King James Baptist College. Well, not really. It astounds me that Gary and his buds thought there wasn’t enough King James Bible coursework in the US that they had to make their own. Maybe they just wanted easier coursework. IMG_1911.thumb.jpeg.789604b0bd3f6a1e00663821ececfb4d.jpeg

Oh, good. Another fly-by-night online Bible college for Phillip Rodrigues to take one course from and move on.

• Upvote 6

5 minutes ago, Joyster said:

Pastor Baker has provided some competition for Bro Gary’s King James Baptist College. Well, not really. It astounds me that Gary and his buds thought there wasn’t enough King James Bible coursework in the US that they had to make their own. Maybe they just wanted easier coursework. 

My guess is that Baker figured there was money to be made.  If Gary Hawkins could think himself an authority on the Bible, then Baker decided that any applicants were marks ready to be fleeced.  I doubt that Gary is going to be very happy about this.  Most of the faculty of the fake college have fake doctorates.  How can Gary compete?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Baker’s college has been in existence for 8 years. Baker was one of the founders. I watched a little of what I’m calling in my head, “Boring White Men Talk About Bible College”, that announced the presidency choice.

It’s not an accredited college, of course, but it’s several steps above Gary’s multiple choice “college”.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

1 hour ago, Joyster said:

Baker’s college has been in existence for 8 years. Baker was one of the founders. I watched a little of what I’m calling in my head, “Boring White Men Talk About Bible College”, that announced the presidency choice.

Yeah, it's been one of his many projects - anything for a buck - er, soul.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...

Gary is pushing his King James College. He also had a post about how wonderful his wife is, and how he misses his mom. There was a powerful tornado on Wednesday, but Gary hasn’t mentioned it. The church’s power was out for a couple of days.The church parking lot is being used as a disaster relief center. 

Gary’s brother posted some family pictures of his mom including one of a younger Gary.

Spoiler

IMG_1928.thumb.jpeg.6368f6d380d5c9bed2b02657451b636c.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2