IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 13: Online Courting with Caldwell Semi-colons

Georgiana

5 hours ago, oldfashionedgal said:

people not notice that the only people who developed shingles had also had chicken pox?

I'm not sure but I have some theories about some factors that may come into play:

* the chicken pox infection is usually quite remote and most children have mild infection (not the case for adults as c.pox can cause a much more severe reaction for adults)

* the mechanism of how or why the c.pox virus remains is not entirely clear

* a non immunized person can get c.pox from a person with shingles

also: there is a vaccine for shingles - so  check with your doctor to determine if you are a candidate (in Ontario this vaccine if free if you are over 65)

Edited by browngrl
forgot something

I didn't find the transition to 1 baby too rough. I had some serious post partum depression but actually taking care of my son was the only thing I liked. My second will be here in 7 weeks-ish and while emotionally I'm doing better this time I'm a little nervous about having two kids to juggle (my oldest just turned two).  I stay home mostly I work really part time and I absolutely love being a mom but I'm overwhelmed by trying to make sure my oldest adjusts well. Kendra and Joe just don't seem to even think about more than "kids just need to eat sleep and learn about Jesus" though. Makes me wonder if it will be as smooth a transition as they think. There's not much emotional education going on there.  I think parenthood does agree with them though and that they are both just well suited for the cult. I'm not sure they'd be much different even if raised differently. I'm guessing it'll take a few more kids to get over whelmed.... I'm thinking #5 may be their breaking point. 

That stricter with his son than his wife quote is odd though and a little unsettling....there's not even context. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, squiddysquid said:

10 hours ago, browngrl said:

also: there is a vaccine for shingles - so  check with your doctor to determine if you are a candidate (in Ontario this vaccine if free if you are over 65)

Yeah, we started talking about it a few pages back, lamenting that a person must be age 50 or older to receive it, and even then - at least in the U.S. - some insurance companies say they won't pay for it until age 60.

Edited by scoutsadie
formatting
  • Upvote 4

23 hours ago, browngrl said:

sorry, my mistake

No problem; didn't mean to be an ass! I wish the vaccine were available and affordable to all. Both @lumpentheologie and I feel anxious about the prospect of getting shingles.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

I actually like the name. I was sure they would use Renee but I thought it would be the first name like Garrett. If feels better as a middle name.

For those who can’t open UsWeekly, She was born nov 2nd at 5:33 am. 7 pounds 12.5 ounces, 20.5 inches long

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 11

Not a bad name. I'd have gone with Renee Addison, though.

Re. adjusting to babies, going from one to two has been easier for me than none to one. I had PPD the first time around, though, which probably made it much harder, especially once you add in Elder NQ not sleeping through the night for six months.

Chicken pox, ugh. I had a mild case and was still pretty miserable for a week. The doctor didn't have to convince me to get Elder vaxxed for it, especially after seeing my mom get shingles a few years ago.

Edited by NotQuiteMotY
  • Upvote 6

Garrett and Addison.

Gideon and Annabell.

Joken and Jostin has a theme going for their quivers.

Good for Addison she managed to squeeze in on her own day. Busy week for Duggar celebrations. Jessa and Ben’s anniversary on the 1st, JD and Abbie’s on the 3rd. Jessa’s birthday the 4th and Spurgeon’s on the 5th. The 5th is also Jeremy and Jinger’s anniversary. 

Imagine keeping track of the Duggar calendar in 20 years ... ?

• Upvote 16
  • Haha 7

Love the name. Can someone post the text and photos. Can't read the article as in the UK. 

Was it another hospital birth?

Babygeddon has begun.

Edited by jillsdopplerofdoom
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

Not keen on Addison, and I’ve always found it a bit odd as a girls’ name as it means ‘Son of Adam’ (although I know it is commonly used as a girls’ name at the moment), but it’s not hideous, I suppose. Renee would have been nicer as the first name though. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

13 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

Renee is also Mac's middle name, right?

It is, and it's also Anna's middle name. 

I think Addison Renee is okay. Not my favorite, but I don't hate it, either.

She's a cute little thing.

Edited by anjulibai
  • Upvote 7

8 minutes ago, Triplet3 said:

Not keen on Addison, and I’ve always found it a bit odd as a girls’ name as it means ‘Son of Adam’ (although I know it is commonly used as a girls’ name at the moment), but it’s not hideous, I suppose. Renee would have been nicer as the first name though. 

That’s what I was thinking. They love strict gender roles but give their daughter a name that means Adam’s son. I would think they would prefer Adeline or Adalyn.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

Aww, look at all that hair! Addison Renee isn’t bad - at least they aren’t going with a letter theme. She’s a cute little baby!

• Upvote 6

11 minutes ago, Triplet3 said:

I feel the same. At least they didn't do Addisyn.

• Upvote 15

And cute notwithstanding, they have a damned bow on her head! Seriously!

• Upvote 9
  • Move Along 1
  • Haha 7

Kendra manages to hit the one  one day there is nothing on. Good timing kendra. With all the aniversrys and bdays this week. I like Addison renee.

Also as stated above I find it interesting that joy and kendra have once again went with the same letter

• Upvote 10

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic