IGNORED

Josie & Kelton 9

Coconut Flan

Josie said that she has had a lot of pregnancy headaches and migraines. She said they are not finding out the sex until birth! We will see if they really hold out!

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, gobucks said:

Josie said that she has had a lot of pregnancy headaches and migraines. She said they are not finding out the sex until birth! We will see if they really hold out!

Ain't no way the Bates are going to pass up a gender reveal Instagrammy extravaganza

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, gobucks said:

Would be nice for a change if this turns out to be true.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

She might hold out if she knows someone really wants the baby to be a boy. If Kelton is really wanting a boy, she might want to wait due to possible gender disappointment. I personally think that if there is a possibility of extreme gender disappointment, it’s probably better to wait until the birth to find out the sex. Because when you find out at say 12-20 weeks pregnant, you have no baby to hold and love to provide a distraction from the disappointment you feel. Or even the reactions of people around them. I bet people are already saying “I hope it’s a boy!” And hearing that can get so old. So maybe she doesn’t want to listen to gender disappointment from people around them. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 10

Yeah I definitely get the feeling that Kelton is calculating how much he wants a boy vs. how much the pregnancies are a health risk to Josie. I’m sure he hopes it’s a boy. Boys are so much more valued in their culture, look how crazy Alyssa got about finally having one. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 1

50 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She might hold out if she knows someone really wants the baby to be a boy. If Kelton is really wanting a boy, she might want to wait due to possible gender disappointment. I personally think that if there is a possibility of extreme gender disappointment, it’s probably better to wait until the birth to find out the sex. Because when you find out at say 12-20 weeks pregnant, you have no baby to hold and love to provide a distraction from the disappointment you feel. Or even the reactions of people around them. I bet people are already saying “I hope it’s a boy!” And hearing that can get so old. So maybe she doesn’t want to listen to gender disappointment from people around them. 

I don't agree, just from my personal experience. I had gender disappointed with both my boys, and I am glad I found out ahead of the birth so that I could fully process it and get past it by the time they arrived. Knowing for months in advance gave me time to prepare and start thinking them more concretely (by their names) and buy cute boy clothes. By the time they arrived, I was happy to have my boys. If I had found out at birth, I think I would have a harder time processing, as I would have been more in shock and more hopeful for girls. Plus, I had PPD with both boys, so I think still dealing with gender disappointment then would have made things worse. 

Edited by anjulibai
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 7

1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

I don't agree, just from my personal experience. I had gender disappointed with both my boys, and I am glad I found out ahead of the birth so that I could fully process it and get past it by the time they arrived. Knowing for months in advance gave me time to prepare and start thinking them more concretely (by their names) and buy cute boy clothes. By the time they arrived, I was happy to have my boys. If I had found out at birth, I think I would have a harder time processing, as I would have been more in shock and more hopeful for girls. Plus, I had PPD with both boys, so I think still dealing with gender disappointment then would have made things worse. 

I can understand that perspective. I personally knew others around me would be disappointed in the gender of my second if I had a boy (I personally didn’t care either way). And if I saw that while miserable and pregnant, I think I would have gone psycho on someone. So it was much better that I waited because people were able to hide their disappointment when they came to visit the new baby. They already knew I had a boy before they got to the hospital. And I was too relieved to not be pregnant anymore to be my mean pregnant self anymore. I hate being pregnant if you can’t tell. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 3

I always thought I would want to keep our baby’s sex a surprise until birth. But then when I got pregnant, I wanted to know everything about her. I felt that finding out she was a girl helped me connect with her more, call her “her” instead of “the baby/it”, etc

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

I'm so nosy I couldn't wait.  I wanted a boy but I was so sure she was a girl I said "I knew it!" when the nurse told me.

• Love 3

I wish I had the mental stamina to wait until birth to find out. I've had several friends do it and it always brings a tear to my eye, but I just cannot do it. Part of connecting for me was the process of getting ready, planning a nursery, shopping, a name, etc. 

I fully admit I had major disappointment when I found out my first was a boy. I knew deep down he was a boy, but I just really envisioned having a girl. Alllll my friends had girls and it was just what I was used to. I had just envisioned all the sweet clothes I'd buy and a floral watercolor nursery and was super sad about it. Thankfully the next day I was basically over it, and knowing and being able to start planning for a boy really helped me to get over it. When I had my second I actually wanted another boy, but thought I was having a girl because it was such a different pregnancy. We did a little gender reveal at home just us, and I was SHOCKED it was another boy. I most definitely got a lot of "now you gotta try for a third" as if somehow having two boys was a bad thing. I'm perfectly happy with my two boys. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 13

I have to admit I don’t really get gender disappointment. The baby’s sex is a 50/50 chance, you have no control over it, and you’re stuck with whatever you get — it seems unfair to decide to have a kid if you’re not excited about both options. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
  • I Agree 6

We're preparing for gender disappointment. I have two girls and everrrrrrrrrrryone wants a boy. Kids, grandparents and friends all have said, "We happy with what ever...but we'll be extra excited for a boy." 

It would be the only boy out of 5 girls grand kids  so it is understandable. 

• Love 3

51 minutes ago, Longhairedheathen said:

We're preparing for gender disappointment. I have two girls and everrrrrrrrrrryone wants a boy. Kids, grandparents and friends all have said, "We happy with what ever...but we'll be extra excited for a boy." 

It would be the only boy out of 5 girls grand kids  so it is understandable. 

I had so much trouble dealing with other people’s possible disappointment in the child I was carrying for 9 months. It was my kid, I was sick and feeling horrendous for 9 months, and I wasn’t going to listen to anyone’s disappointment in my fetus before they were even born. My husband didn’t really care either way like me. Everyone seemed happy when they came to visit him after his birth. And they knew not to say, “you can try for a girl next time.” Because I made it extremely clear to everyone that I’m 2 and through. We never wanted more than two. Whether it was 2 girls, 2 boys, or the “golden set” of boy and girl. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Love 6

When they had Willow's gender reveal both insisted that its a boy, then after finding out Josie was like I've always wanted a girl (yeah sure), which was funny because their actions said otherwise 🤣

and with hazel, she's their rainbow baby, I feel that the miscarriage made them only care about the baby and its health rather than gender.

however now I am confident that Josie feels like she's under a lot of pressure because Kelton wanted a boy from the beginning and his best friend having two boys with her sister doesn't help either, i'm positive that the sisters and the guys compare their lives to each others, its difficult not to do so when you have all these people at the same stage in life around you. 

Edited by Dbm
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Dbm said:

When they had Willow's gender reveal both insisted that its a boy, then after finding out Josie was like I've always wanted a girl (yeah sure), which was funny because their actions said otherwise 🤣

and with hazel, she's their rainbow baby, I feel that the miscarriage made them only care about the baby and its health rather than gender.

however now I am confident that Josie feels like she's under a lot of pressure because Kelton wanted a boy from the beginning and his best friend having two boys with her sister doesn't help either, i'm positive that the sisters and the guys compare their lives to each others, its difficult not to do so when you have all these people at the same stage in life around you. 

even if they do truly compare, Kelton and Josie have nothing to be jealous of. its common for most guys to want a boy, but I dont find kelton desperately wanting a boy and pressuring Josie to have one. I think Kelton would embrace being a girl dad.. its also ok to want to have a boy after having all girls as long as you dont completely favor them like Alyssa.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I had a slight preference for a boy because my brother is so close with my mom and I'm very close with my dad (although we all get along).  I was never disappointed, though, because I wanted a healthy baby and the genitals were the least of my concerns there.  We'd both be happy with a second girl or a boy if we have another - plenty of hand-me-downs either way.

• Upvote 1

The absolute only reason I was happier to learn we’re having a girl over a boy was due to circumcision. I’m Jewish, my husband isn’t, and while he is European and uncut, he was likely to be on board with circumcision, but in the hospital and not at a Bris. I think we just would have needed to have a lot of conversation and compromise, which we obviously would have done if needed, but I was just relieved we didn’t need to. 

• Upvote 4
  • Fuck You 1
  • Love 1

They announced another pregnancy.

I know Kelton mom passed from complications so I want to say this with tact but that really did look like a start of a movie where the mom passes. Everything is perfectly posed, muted and happy. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Dbm said:

I was bored and used the AI baby generator to see kelton and josie's baby, if it was a boy 

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_4881.thumb.JPG.905e97e3e3ea0b55c7d363ce27cc8d01.JPG

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_4886.thumb.JPG.bc7db159bef6953b2473d4eb015cb87e.JPG

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_4883.thumb.JPG.2ee716134ad7295629586d7ad16dc259.JPG

Please do one if they have a girl, I'm curious to see if the photo generated looks like either Willow or Hazel.🤔😅

Apparently I'm bored too!!🤣

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

34 minutes ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

Please do one if they have a girl, I'm curious to see if the photo generated looks like either Willow or Hazel.🤔😅

Apparently I'm bored too!!🤣

sure 😂

I got these 

Spoiler

IMG_49002.thumb.JPG.196b38957117c9eee9da9873de8fb4c3.JPG

Spoiler

IMG_48962.thumb.JPG.757ced0fc9056e9e8afffe875e3d9af3.JPG

Spoiler

IMG_4901.thumb.JPG.013ec22ea26833e315ff943815e4fd8c.JPG

Spoiler

IMG_4891.thumb.JPG.0595add8649796b99917b216bfbaa09a.JPG

• Rufus Bless 2