IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 13: Online Courting with Caldwell Semi-colons

Georgiana

When I was middle school aged, I often thought about what I wanted to name my babies. I bet Kendra was the same way. She possibly has wanted to have an Addison since she was 12 when the name was super trendy.

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 4

I always thought it was funny that it took JB and Michelle 20 years to get to the name Jennifer, which was nearly 20 years past its peak when Jennifer was born in 2007. Those J names are just all over the place, style wise.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 7

When I was a young teen, I wanted a boy named Ashley.. after Ashley Wilkes, and a girl named Caitlin.. because I liked the name. Thankfully, I didn't give in to those "wants".. Ashley would have been horrible for a boy, and there are a kajillion Caitlins of all spelling.

• Upvote 6

11 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

Addison is currently (2018) ranked 35 in the US, but it is declining. It peaked in 2007, 12 years before the birth of Addison, when it ranked 11. It is a tiny wee bit, every so slightly dated, but not by a lot. See plot in spoiler. 

Reveal hidden contents

Addison.png

Incidentally, Kendra (born in 1998), also has a "tiny bit ever so slightly" dated name. Kendra ranked 154 in 1998, it peaked 11 years prior, in 1987, when it was ranked 77. See plot in spoiler. 

Reveal hidden contents

Kendra.thumb.png.21ab28d081356e1f4839bc6c09b2e79e.png

This is fascinating. I had no idea that Addison peaked at a much higher popularity than Kendra. I'm an 80s baby, so I know several Kendras, but I've never met an Addison. Addison still sounds weird and trendy to me, but all -son names for girls do.

• Upvote 2

I do actually really like the name Kendra and it's a contender for the name of a future second daughter if I have one but I haven't even had my first child yet. Kendra and I are the same age.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

This is fascinating. I had no idea that Addison peaked at a much higher popularity than Kendra. I'm an 80s baby, so I know several Kendras, but I've never met an Addison. Addison still sounds weird and trendy to me, but all -son names for girls do.

My daughter had 2 Addisons (both girls) in her kindergarten class 3 years ago. What are the odds.

• Upvote 1

So, do we know if the child was born at home or in a medical facility?   

I would be guessing hospital like Garrett, she has the problem of passing out when in pain. Id like to hope she had the common sense to use hospital services again even though everything went to plan with Garrett
  • Upvote 6

3 hours ago, Screamapillar said:

I always thought it was funny that it took JB and Michelle 20 years to get to the name Jennifer, which was nearly 20 years past its peak when Jennifer was born in 2007. Those J names are just all over the place, style wise.

I was born during the Great Jennifer Bomb of the 80s, but weirdly, I’ve never met a Jennifer my own age. 

• Upvote 4

My reasoning for predicting a space closer to 2 years for the next one is based solely on other Duggar's that have more then 2 kids, which right now is only Jessa and Anna (I think it is anyway? TBH I can't be arsed to pay THAT much attention) who both had close gaps with the first two, then about 24 months between the second and third. In Anna's case that lead to a very consistent spacing which we can't know if Jessa or Kendra will have. I feel like Kendra and Joe are the Duggars most likely to have consistent spacing that comes with genuinely not using birth control and having average fertility

43 minutes ago, kiwi said:

I would be guessing hospital like Garrett, she has the problem of passing out when in pain. Id like to hope she had the common sense to use hospital services again even though everything went to plan with Garrett

They did say Addison arrived quickly though so it depends how quick and if they would've had time to get to hospital. Time will tell though, TLC will probably do a birth special in the next couple of weeks.

54 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I was born during the Great Jennifer Bomb of the 80s, but weirdly, I’ve never met a Jennifer my own age. 

Didn’t Jennifer peak in the ‘70s? Maybe someone who enjoys playing with the SSA site can tell us.

• I Agree 3

1 minute ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Didn’t Jennifer peak in the ‘70s? Maybe someone who enjoys playing with the SSA site can tell us.

So I just looked it up, and wow - Jennifer was the #1 from 1970 to 1984. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 7

As a 1979 baby I know/was in school with So Many Jennifers. Oh My Rufus. That is a name that I suspect will take a generation or three to return from the grave.

Edited by AliceInFundyland
I bet it will come back. It's pretty enough.
  • Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, AliceInFundyland said:

As a 1979 baby I know/was in school with So Many Jennifers. Oh My Rufus. That is a name that I suspect will take a generation or three to return from the grave.

Jennifer Lopez, Jennifer Aniston, Jennifer Garner - all around the same age. My close friend Jennifer, born in the late sixties had several close friends named Jennifer in College (including a roommate.) 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

When I was a young teen, I wanted a boy named Ashley.. after Ashley Wilkes, and a girl named Caitlin.. because I liked the name. Thankfully, I didn't give in to those "wants".. Ashley would have been horrible for a boy, and there are a kajillion Caitlins of all spelling.

That is my daughter’s name, and spelled Caitlin. She is 32 and the name was “unusual” at that time.

6 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

That is my daughter’s name, and spelled Caitlin. She is 32 and the name was “unusual” at that time.

A friend of mine from college has a Caitlin also spelled liked this. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

No Ashley is the most badass name for a boy, after the greatest horror comedy icon of all time Ashley "Ash" Williams from Evil Dead. 

image.png.1a5f60784cb059b65842163b66d11243.png

Seriously, I hope the post modern gender neutral/old fashioned baby name trend brings Ashley back for a boy. I'm weird that I think it sounds awful on a girl, cool on a boy. To me Ashley IS a boy name (though not one I'd use) and the rest of the world needs to open their eyes and see it. 

Edited by BernRul
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

My 9 year old neice has two Addison's in her class, and I like the name. 

I hope Kendra's labour went well.  

• Upvote 1

My 9 year old neice has two Addison's in her class, and I like the name. 
I hope Kendra's labour went well.  

My girls are 8&10 and they both know 10-12 Addison’s in school year levels and outside school commitments.
  • Upvote 3

The Addisons I have had at schools are all in 4th-6th grade. One I had doing a long term sub job in 3rd last year is called "Addie",  though. It seemed to follow the Madison boom around here as most of them are a bit older. 

Rhyming is a thing that happens. Once a name is popular lately, people begin to look for variations. Hadley is becoming popular for girls here (still only ranked 104 in 2018 for the U.S, though)--lots of them in preK-2 or so. Today, I met a kindergartener named "Adley". So there you go. Same thing we've seen with the ----ayden names for boys. 

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

Yep. …raises hand. And I'm one of them. Always, always had multiple other Jennifers in my classes growing up. It was so annoying. I always vowed that if I had kids, I would NOT give them a trendy (or tryndy) name. 

Funnily enough, we ended up adopting an older child with a SUPER trendy, common name, and her birth mom is also named Jennifer.

Lastly, I like the name Addison. I'm friendly with a girl named Addison at the ice rink and she's probably 12-13.

• Upvote 4

I bet Joe and Kendra's favorite math is addition, so it makes sense that their latest 'addition' is Addison.

Now there's an Abbie and an Addie in the Duggar clan.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Addison isn’t my type of name but it’s not awful. 
My name is fairly unusual, both when I was born and now. My mum’s name, Imogen, was almost unheard when she was born in ‘68, her ballet teacher called her “Imagine” for example :doh:but now it’s a fairly popular-ish name. 
Jessica, Charlotte and Alice were popular when I was at school, which makes sense (mid 90s babies). 

• Upvote 4

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic