IGNORED

Ahhh It's confirmed...Anna Duggar pregnant!!

Whit88

Dear Prudence had a letter recently from a couple that had lost a baby due to a terminal illness. They were writing because they wanted to know how to deal with a pregnant relative who had invited them to a gender reveal cake party, an ultrasound party, and three baby showers, as well as sent them daily e-mails updating them on the gestational progress of the fetus.

Gah! Who does that??? I've been pregnant four times, have three kids, and never once did I think anyone (including near relatives like my mother) required daily gestational updates! "Day 20, the vestigial tale is gone. Day 21: still gone"

I don't care about gender reveal parties--I've never had one, though I do feel an overwhelming need to know the gender as soon as possible...

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear Prudence had a letter recently from a couple that had lost a baby due to a terminal illness. They were writing because they wanted to know how to deal with a pregnant relative who had invited them to a gender reveal cake party, an ultrasound party, and three baby showers, as well as sent them daily e-mails updating them on the gestational progress of the fetus.

That is horrible and insensitive. I'm kinda hoping the advice was to tell that relative to get over herself. I understand being excited by a pregnancy but have some consideration for others.

I found a picture of Anna and Priscilla is on Kendalyn Staddon's Facebook:

Priscilla and Anna...both expecting at the same time! Congratulations to you both! — with Josh Duggar.

Is there a way you could do a screenshot?

That is horrible and insensitive. I'm kinda hoping the advice was to tell that relative to get over herself. I understand being excited by a pregnancy but have some consideration for others.

Yeah, Prudie's advice was to block her e-mail and respond to all invitations with "No. We are busy."

There was an even worse one before that... a woman wrote to say that she wanted help convincing her brother and sister in law to let her be there while they gave birth to a baby expected only to live minutes after birth. Prudie told her off and said it had nothing to do with her and she was horrible.

I don't know if I even want to know before giving birth... so much gets tied into it so early.

I wanted to know, but we did not share it with everyone because I did not want to be buried under pink. We also went with more "gender neutral" because we were planning to have at least one more child, and wanted to use the same stuff - so we did Noah's Ark.

Now granted, two weeks after she was born I stocked up on pink blankets because I got tired of being told what a cute little BOY I had because she didn't have much noticeable hair. Small babies I get, but when I had her in cute little dresses (we had this adorable brown velour one for Thanksgiving-ish) and I was getting it, I started losing my temper.

My mom and her sisters still followed the Jewish tradition/superstition about not talking about the pregnancy, having showers, or preparing for the baby in any way. However, when she found out from the ultrasound that I was going to be a girl after she and her sisters had 5 boys total, she got so excited that she bought some pink and purple items and hid them at a friend's house.

I'm divided on the subject. If I have kids, I want to raise them with mostly gender-neutral toys and clothing. At the same time, I wasn't consciously raised that way and I still grew up to be a feminist.

In my opinion Anna looks preggers! Maybe i'm an awful person but i just can't wait to see where this baby is born and if Josh will be awake for the birth;)

I wanted to know, but we did not share it with everyone because I did not want to be buried under pink. We also went with more "gender neutral" because we were planning to have at least one more child, and wanted to use the same stuff - so we did Noah's Ark.

Now granted, two weeks after she was born I stocked up on pink blankets because I got tired of being told what a cute little BOY I had because she didn't have much noticeable hair. Small babies I get, but when I had her in cute little dresses (we had this adorable brown velour one for Thanksgiving-ish) and I was getting it, I started losing my temper.

I know how annoying that is.

My daughter had a lovely blue dress when she was a baby. It was obviously a dress, and even had ribbon on the edging. But because she didn't have much hair and was wearing blue, strangers kept assuming she was a boy. I mean, I wear a lot of blue, it's my favorite colour, so I dressed my baby in it sometimes. But sometimes people are easily confused.

They are also wearing matching maternity tops. Because that is something normal, adult sisters who happen to be pregnant at the same time do....

Well, I guess it's confirmed then.

Time to start thinking of hilariously mangled names for blessing #3. I propose Maehreigh Michelle for a girl and Mathyew Joshua for a boy.

Ugh if they have a girl, they would probably go with Michelle... They named the last baby after Anna's father and lucky them, Josh's mother has an M name too! But are they smart enough to understand that Michael and Michelle are essentially the same name and probably shouldn't be given to siblings? Probably not, I just remembered that Josh has sisters named Joy-Anna, Johanna, and Jana, and the Kellers have Anna and Susanna.

Speaking of Susanna, she's pregnant, Daniel just adopted a baby, Esther is pregnant, Priscilla is pregnant, and now Anna?? Good grief!! That's 5 cousins in one year!

Probably not, I just remembered that Josh has sisters named Joy-Anna, Johanna, and Jana, and the Kellers have Anna and Susanna.

The Duggars also have Joseph, Josiah, and Josie. Similar sibling names don't seem to bother them one bit.

The Duggars also have Joseph, Josiah, and Josie. Similar sibling names don't seem to bother them one bit.

So we can probably put the Smuggars down for a Michelle and a Michaela, in addition to their Michael. What would be wonderful is if they spelled Michaela MacKayla. That way it's almost like MacKynzie and still nearly the same as Michael and Michelle! Or, knowing them, they could have a Michaela and a MacKayla.

Ugh if they have a girl, they would probably go with Michelle... They named the last baby after Anna's father and lucky them, Josh's mother has an M name too! But are they smart enough to understand that Michael and Michelle are essentially the same name and probably shouldn't be given to siblings? Probably not, I just remembered that Josh has sisters named Joy-Anna, Johanna, and Jana, and the Kellers have Anna and Susanna.

I think they give their kids similar-sounding names on purpose, to discourage them from developing individual personalities.

I want to go on the record as betting on Matthew and Myriah or some version of.

I think they should name a girl after a certain feminist Transfiguration professor who can turn into a cat and has a penchant for tartan.

ETA and I think whoever edited the title of this thread can edit it back.

I think Michelle is too serious for them, based on the fluffy bunny Mackynzie crap. I also think Mackayla would be too close for the second girl. Maybe Melina or Mariyah? Oh Merleia would be nice. ;) I would say Malia but for Miss Obama. I think Matthew is a safe bet for a boy.

Time to start thinking of hilariously mangled names for blessing #3. I propose Maehreigh Michelle for a girl and Mathyew Joshua for a boy.

They don't tend to do funky spellings for boys. Only girls seem to get that honor (this board's namesake being the worst example). With that said, Mathew Joshua is a good guess for a boy. Anything is possible if it's a girl.

Hmm... I'd guess a more modern, though still feminine, sounding name for a girl and a biblical one for a boy. How about Mia or Madison for a girl - though possible spelled funny - and Malachi or Mark for a boy. The girls tend to get the weird names but I think Anna tries to stay more up-to-date than those in the TTH.

ETA: by modern I mean currently popular/in-style not newly coined.

Archived