IGNORED

Ahhh It's confirmed...Anna Duggar pregnant!!

Whit88

Has anyone heard when the Today Show announcement is going to be made because we know it is coming?

Maybe this Friday. A part of me thinks the media is starting to care less about the Duggars. Yahoo had an article about them around Christmas time, but it was summary of what they did. I think when it comes to the Duggars and the media, Boob and Mullet are top priority. If Mullet was pregnant, the Today Show would have already jumped on it. Since it is Anna, they might not care too much. The Duggar leghumpers would probably be more excited about an Anna pregnancy. A leghumper on the 19kac FB page said something like "Michelle probably won't have any more babies and the show will shift to Anna and Josh.". That comment was put up several months back. When I read that, I rolled my eyes TLC will never shift the focus completely to J&A. The Duggars don't have the mainstream appeal that Honey Boo Boo or the Long Island Medium family both have.

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really doubt they'll do a big Today show announcement. This far along in the pregnancy, it would just be weird. They may do a little announcement in passing, but I can't see NBC sending a crew down to AR, or flying them up to NYC. At this point it's entirely possible they won't have a public announcement until the baby is born.

I really doubt they'll do a big Today show announcement. This far along in the pregnancy, it would just be weird. They may do a little announcement in passing, but I can't see NBC sending a crew down to AR, or flying them up to NYC. At this point it's entirely possible they won't have a public announcement until the baby is born.

I really really hope that you're right. If you are- this might be the sign that Josh and Anna are starting to retreat a little from the famewhoredom. They might actually be developing their backbones enough to step back from the cameras and the limelight. :roll: Yes, I do realize that the likelihood of this happening (as opposed to the media getting sick of them) is quite slim. But I can still home, can't I?

I really really hope that you're right. If you are- this might be the sign that Josh and Anna are starting to retreat a little from the famewhoredom. They might actually be developing their backbones enough to step back from the cameras and the limelight. :roll: Yes, I do realize that the likelihood of this happening (as opposed to the media getting sick of them) is quite slim. But I can still home, can't I?

I just can't see why they've kept it a secret for this long if there won't be a big public announcement. I mean we know what Josh has for lunch daily, but this was kept hush hush.

I found out for both my kids. I was eager to call them by a name and wanted to get everything ready for afterwards. While we don't strictly enforce gender my children do wear boy or girl clothes in addition to neutral ones. We didn't have a gender reveal party or anything nor did I announce it on facebook but if anyone asked me in person we told them and called the grandparents to let them know after we found out.

My guesses for names are Maddeyson or Matthew.

I think that my picks previously had been Matthew and Maddisyn, and i'm sticking with them!

I do think that Anna has been pregnant between Michael and now, her face gets puffy when she is pregnant and that has happened (about a year ago, I guess?) since M-boy, I wonder if sh has had a few miscarriages and is hesitant to announce it publicly.

Kendalyn or whatever let the cat out of the bag to all 1000-something of Josh's facebook contacts, so if they were going for any kind of a surprise angle, they'll have let that go.

I think that my picks previously had been Matthew and Maddisyn, and i'm sticking with them!

I do think that Anna has been pregnant between Michael and now, her face gets puffy when she is pregnant and that has happened (about a year ago, I guess?) since M-boy, I wonder if sh has had a few miscarriages and is hesitant to announce it publicly.

I was thikning that too pixy. If she had a miscarriage or two inbetween, that might also explain why this pregnancy has been so hush hush until they couldn't hide it anymore.

Maybe this Friday. A part of me thinks the media is starting to care less about the Duggars. Yahoo had an article about them around Christmas time, but it was summary of what they did. I think when it comes to the Duggars and the media, Boob and Mullet are top priority. If Mullet was pregnant, the Today Show would have already jumped on it. Since it is Anna, they might not care too much. The Duggar leghumpers would probably be more excited about an Anna pregnancy. A leghumper on the 19kac FB page said something like "Michelle probably won't have any more babies and the show will shift to Anna and Josh.". That comment was put up several months back. When I read that, I rolled my eyes TLC will never shift the focus completely to J&A. The Duggars don't have the mainstream appeal that Honey Boo Boo or the Long Island Medium family both have.

I agree lilwriter85. I have a feeling that the media doesn't really give a flip what the Duggars are up to these days.They're lucky to even have summaries written on them. It's almost like Jim Bob and Josh are straining for ideas to keep them in the limelight (trips to the state capitol for example).

For what it's worth, a Facebook friend who lives in Arkansas just posted that she saw Anna out shopping and she does in fact look pregnant.

If the Today Show wanted Josh and Anna to do a segment, Josh would book a trip to NYC faster than you could say "pass the santorum". He'll never voluntarily retreat from the limelight that has been his bread and butter since he married. But I can't see why Today would waste a segment on them. Really, who cares? And the Jubilee fiasco probably made the show a little more leery about happy Duggar baby announcements.

I agree with those who think it's being kept quiet because of a prior miscarriage or two and/or because they are hoping to keep it under wraps for now to generate more interest closer to the start of the next season. I can't tell how far along she is, but if the show starts up again in March/April it looks like the timing will work.

I think they were saving it for the show. We usually know everything that will happen on each season of 19k&c before the show premieres. This season seems different. I've heard they're filming in Europe, but no other details(including which country). Maybe this is the last season and the network wanted some surprises?

"M" names:

boy

Matthew

Mason

Miles

Mitchell

Morgan

girls

Madeline

Madison

Mia

Moriah

Mercy

If the Today Show wanted Josh and Anna to do a segment, Josh would book a trip to NYC faster than you could say "pass the santorum". He'll never voluntarily retreat from the limelight that has been his bread and butter since he married. But I can't see why Today would waste a segment on them. Really, who cares? And the Jubilee fiasco probably made the show a little more leery about happy Duggar baby announcements.

I agree with those who think it's being kept quiet because of a prior miscarriage or two and/or because they are hoping to keep it under wraps for now to generate more interest closer to the start of the next season. I can't tell how far along she is, but if the show starts up again in March/April it looks like the timing will work.

I can just imagine them calling the Today show to ask to be on for an announcement and the Today show not caring at all!

awww Buzzard you stole my thunder, I thought I had something first :/

Sorry! I'm off work today so I've been trolling instagram looking for Josh to say something moronic...

Lol it's ok. Gotta love instagram. One of my friends saw lady Gaga outside her work today but finding a picture of Anna duggar makes me excited.

I agree lilwriter85. I have a feeling that the media doesn't really give a flip what the Duggars are up to these days.They're lucky to even have summaries written on them. It's almost like Jim Bob and Josh are straining for ideas to keep them in the limelight (trips to the state capitol for example).

Which is probably the sole reason for a pregnancy

Do you guys believe the rumor that Michelle is pregnant?

I have heard this rumour and really hope it isn't true as the chances of her carrrying a pregnancy to term are low. Michelle was obviously devastated when she lost Jubilee. (As much as we snark about the funeral and the media show surrounding it, we can't deny that Michelle really did struggle to cope with the loss.) I wouldn't wish her to go through that again.

Having said all that, if she is pregnant, I think they will wait as long as possible before announcing it. That could explain why Anna has not announced her pregnancy yet. They could be waiting until Michelle is at least in Trimester 2 and do a joint announcement.

Edited to add: Just noticed that this post has promoted me to "Secretly a Duggar". Yay!!!

If Michelle is pregnant, I hope they keep it underwraps until at least 25 or 26 weeks should she make it that long.

Archived