IGNORED

Ahhh It's confirmed...Anna Duggar pregnant!!

Whit88

Priscilla always looks so confused.

These are my suggestions from last time (I was so sure she was pregnant then).

Makayla

Makenna (they could really get a Mac name thing happening)

Maddison

Maisy

Montana

Morgan

Mitchell

Matthew

Moses

Miles

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually that's not just a fundie-thing. Girls has always been subjected to more "khreatyve" naming than boys for a variety of reasons, one is that girls didn't count as heirs so you didn't have to name them in accordance with tradition and in so many cultures girl's were nothing more than a plaything or a possesion so you could give them the cutesy names of pets.

If you take a look at name-lists, there tend to be about a third more girl than boy names (or so I once read, not taken the time to name-count on internet baby-name hell-holes :-) )

That picture of Anna and Prissy? Is it publicly available or was it behind FB privacy setting?

If its behind a friends lock then it needs to go, sorry.

Edit: checked myself and it isn't. The original image is here http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =3&theater

Snark away!

The Duggars also have Joseph, Josiah, and Josie. Similar sibling names don't seem to bother them one bit.

And Joy-Anna and Johannah :roll:

I'm thinking:

MacKenna

MhariAnna

Milania

Madisson

Melody

Mercer

Modesty

Less likely:

M'oshua

Minger

McGarnagle

Guffawed out loud at McGarnagle!

I can't get to it at that Facebook link, it's the Facebook "content may have been moved or deleted" message. :?: Maybe it's behind privacy settings now? Either way, I think she's definitely pregnant.

Gender reveal parties are stupid. I don't know anyone IRL who had one (or an ultrasound party, or whatever). First of all, they determine the baby's sex, not the gender - but I guess calling it a "sex reveal" party sounds risque? :lol: 30-odd years ago when my husband and I were born, it was very unusual to know the baby's sex prior to delivery because having even one ultrasound was not part of normal/low risk prenatal care. Our parents got gender neutral clothes and picked a name for each sex and that was that.

We didn't find out with our first because we didn't want to be inundated by pink or blue. We aren't finding out this time, either because we genuinely don't care whether the baby's a boy or girl as long as it's healthy. My OB actually said it makes things easier for him and the staff to not have to keep pronouns straight, plus it's FUN to find out at delivery. I know others feel differently and can't imagine not finding out, but it's just not something we care about. Then, having to plan and host a party to reveal the sex? Yeah, not with me being as tired as I feel at 19 weeks...

I'm thinking:

MacKenna

MhariAnna

Milania

Madisson

Melody

Mercer

Modesty

Less likely:

M'oshua

Minger

McGarnagle

I'm thinking MacJosh! I like this "Mac" thing. It pays homage to Joshies love for McDonalds... :drool:

MhariAnna

Because it's wrong on so many levels. You'd overhear it and think Maryanne. Then you'd hear it again and realise it's Maryanna, bit odd, but quite pretty. Then you'd see it written and your head would explode. Then you'd wonder where the silent K and phonetic Y are.

I think it's a clutch too - but my first thought was 'is that a gun???'

Thought it was a gun as well.

Is it a camera? Prob.not, she likely uses her phone for pics.

Hope that it's fake $$.

I can't get to it at that Facebook link, it's the Facebook "content may have been moved or deleted" message. :?: Maybe it's behind privacy settings now? Either way, I think she's definitely pregnant.

Gender reveal parties are stupid. I don't know anyone IRL who had one (or an ultrasound party, or whatever). First of all, they determine the baby's sex, not the gender - but I guess calling it a "sex reveal" party sounds risque? :lol: 30-odd years ago when my husband and I were born, it was very unusual to know the baby's sex prior to delivery because having even one ultrasound was not part of normal/low risk prenatal care. Our parents got gender neutral clothes and picked a name for each sex and that was that.

We didn't find out with our first because we didn't want to be inundated by pink or blue. We aren't finding out this time, either because we genuinely don't care whether the baby's a boy or girl as long as it's healthy. My OB actually said it makes things easier for him and the staff to not have to keep pronouns straight, plus it's FUN to find out at delivery. I know others feel differently and can't imagine not finding out, but it's just not something we care about. Then, having to plan and host a party to reveal the sex? Yeah, not with me being as tired as I feel at 19 weeks...

I believe that the picture says that the privacy settings are set to "friends of friends," so if you are friends with one of her friends (i.e. Josh, Suze, etc.) then you can see the picture. Kendalyn should probably manage her Facebook settings better, especially since Josh will friend anybody. So moderate as you think you should, Sola.

MhariAnna

Because it's wrong on so many levels. You'd overhear it and think Maryanne. Then you'd hear it again and realise it's Maryanna, bit odd, but quite pretty. Then you'd see it written and your head would explode. Then you'd wonder where the silent K and phonetic Y are.

Mhariy'Aknna? Hey's it's not that much worse than Mackynzie!

And Joy-Anna and Johannah :roll:

Not to mention, Jeremiah and Jedidiah.

Edit to add, that is a terrible picture of Pris.

Re: M names- I'm betting there will be a Makiya at some point!

Jeremiah and Jedidiah even have the same middle name. Way to treat your twins as seperate people...

I never knew that. Ridiculous. I guess it's fortunate for them that they don't even slightly resemble each other.

I never knew that. Ridiculous. I guess it's fortunate for them that they don't even slightly resemble each other.

Yeah, that is so weird.

and the entire clan will be like "That's so unique!!!! How did you come up with that??!!!!", forgetting all about a certain little depressed girl wandering about completely lost and living of off empty ice-cream cones.. :(

Jeremiah and Jedidiah even have the same middle name. Way to treat your twins as seperate people...

Both of my kids have the same middle name. It's a family name though so I guess it's different.

My problem with them both having the same middle name is that theyve got similar first names as well, they already shared a uterus, birthday, bedroom, clothes, pretty much everything, they dont even have their own individual name.

I think it would be different if theyve both got their own individuality and different first names, its fine. Two of my cousins both have James as a middle name.

I agree about gender reveal parties, as it sounds like the perfect narcissistic thing to do for people like Smuggar. My brother and SIL were also those who refused to find out the gender before my niece was born, as it was more fun to find out during the delivery. Even now, they don't enforce strict gender roles with my niece, as she's allowed to play with cars and train sets, but she's girly in that she hates to be dirty. She even plays with her mom's Easy Bake Oven which was the original unisex version that still works. When we visited her great grandma, she played with the same train set that her dad and aunt played with, as she's now the second generation to play with those trains.

Archived