IGNORED

Sister Wives 8: And Another One Down, Another One Bites the Dust?

Coconut Flan

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Have they said this will be the last season? Because it seems like a natural ending to me. 

No, they haven’t mentioned when the show will end. I think Gwendlyn said she can see another 2-5 more seasons of the show happening. I’m guessing it’ll depend on the ratings of this season. If TLC is making money AND the Browns are willing, the show must go on!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Letgo said:

No, they haven’t mentioned when the show will end. I think Gwendlyn said she can see another 2-5 more seasons of the show happening. I’m guessing it’ll depend on the ratings of this season. If TLC is making money AND the Browns are willing, the show must go on!

They’ll have to change the name! It should be “Kody Brown’s Life: My 3 Exes and Waling Wife.”

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9

11 hours ago, Letgo said:

I’m guessing it’ll depend on the ratings of this season. If TLC is making money AND the Browns are willing, the show must go on!

I've heard the next season is already filmed and being worked on in post.  I don't know when the interview sessions were or are being filmed..  The season after that may already be in filming.  Ratings are good and the Browns don't seem dreadfully demanding so yes TLC will be willing to keep going as long as they are making money.  I think since the older the Brown offspring get, the less they generally are willing to be filmed, that may kill the show eventually because of lack of content.  Being almost two years behind hasn't really seemed to hurt the viewer numbers as much as one might expect.  

• Upvote 7

I really enjoy this youtuber´s recaps. I think they are hilarious. (And that is saying something considering the season has been rather depressing so far.)

Spoiler

• Haha 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

On 9/14/2023 at 10:34 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

They’ll have to change the name! It should be “Kody Brown’s Life: My 3 Exes and Waling Wife.”

Any thoughts on episode 5? Kody being a clueless ass to family members isn't much of a storyline.

14 hours ago, sleepygirl1 said:

Robyn is so annoying that’s my thoughts on episode 5.    

Every episode she beats the "I don't understand why Christine left" or "why my family got blown to smitherenes" drum. Is she really this clueless? I suspect there is something fundamentally wrong with Robyn's ability to comprehend how relationships work, coupled with her lack of empathy or attachment to other people. How does she justify saying Christine, who suffered so much neglect and public humiliation (Kody recounting on TV how gross it was to watch her eat nachos, Kody making out with Robyn while she was in labor, again nationally televised) had no "dillbreaker"  to terminate her relationship with Kody, but Robyn has one in Kody not being a polygamist any more? This is Robyn building her own exit ramp but Jeez Louise lady, grow a heart.

Robyn's family lived in a different state than her father's primary family. I do not know if the two families had any interaction. Robyn, in reality, may have grown up as a product of bigamy as opposed to polygamy. While she apparently caught on to how to compete for favorite wife status, was she ever exposed to a successful sister wife relationship? In the context of her lived experience, Robyn's much cried over fantasy of sitting on a porch with sister wives is bizarre. That would occur in a shared household, and Robyn ain't sharing nothing with nobody.

Sooner or later, Robyn's kids will express some independence or differing thoughts. How this will fly in the face of a family where love is so transactional and conditional is anybody's guess. I can't imagine Kody will be so into Robyn's kids if they quit feeding his ego. Time will tell! 

• Upvote 10

On 9/18/2023 at 9:14 PM, sleepygirl1 said:

Robyn is so annoying that’s my thoughts on episode 5.

Good grief, what was that baby fit Robyn threw about Janell and Christine's Christmas (paraphrased: Wah, wah, fake tears, I don't t care what beautiful house they rent, food they cook, wonderful gifts, it's a cheap, cheap I tell you, imitation of our family Christmas, blah, blah, more fake tears)? I'll tell you what it was: Robyn is jealous. No matter what Robyn has, which is never enough, she wants the rest of the family beat down to rags and tatters. She would still be jealous if Christine and Janell served their family hobo stew and candy bars in a tent at the homeless camp at Christmas. How uncomfortable it must have been to be around her. No wonder Christine is so relieved to be out from under it.

Unrelated, how is it Robyn is in a position to decide the sibling gift exchange is unsafe for her adult children? She reminds me of a female JimBob Duggar.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

Kody is clearly clueless.  "Janelle just wants me for my pecs and six pack abs." 🤢  No - she wants you to shut up about Christine and talk to her and your relationship with her and her kids. 

I loved when she pointed out one of his lines that implied that no one else cares about the Sol and Ari but him.  She was like "let's look at that statement.  There is a lot of hidden commentary in the comment that I disagree with and that is why we need to see a therapist."  I noticed that Kody didn't leave the meeting agreeing to meet with the therapist.  I guess he thinks that his wives are supposed to be his therapist "where else am I supposed to bitch and moan about Christine" and I guess the wives are on their own for therapy because Kody sure as a hell isn't a sounding board for them. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

35 minutes ago, TN-peach said:

Kody is clearly clueless.  "Janelle just wants me for my pecs and six pack abs." 🤢  No - she wants you to shut up about Christine and talk to her and your relationship with her and her kids. 

I loved when she pointed out one of his lines that implied that no one else cares about the Sol and Ari but him.  She was like "let's look at that statement.  There is a lot of hidden commentary in the comment that I disagree with and that is why we need to see a therapist."  I noticed that Kody didn't leave the meeting agreeing to meet with the therapist.  I guess he thinks that his wives are supposed to be his therapist "where else am I supposed to bitch and moan about Christine" and I guess the wives are on their own for therapy because Kody sure as a hell isn't a sounding board for them. 

Yep. I’m sure he talks Robyn’s ears off about his exes. I bet she gets tired of it. Enjoy Robyn! You get him all to yourself now!

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yep. I’m sure he talks Robyn’s ears off about his exes. I bet she gets tired of it. Enjoy Robyn! You get him all to yourself now!

That sounds like quite the punishment to me! I'm not saying I feel bad for Robyn, but I sure ain't jealous of her. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

7 minutes ago, ifosterkittens said:

That sounds like quite the punishment to me! I'm not saying I feel bad for Robyn, but I sure ain't jealous of her. 

Oh god I’ve never been jealous of anyone married to Kody! Even the best version of Kody is annoying as fuck!

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

27 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh god I’ve never been jealous of anyone married to Kody! Even the best version of Kody is annoying as fuck!

Don't you want a piece of those six pack abs and pecs?  🤢

(I would never do this in real life, but man would I be tempted to shave his head if I lived with him.  Get rid of those god-awful curls). 

• Upvote 9

17 minutes ago, TN-peach said:

Don't you want a piece of those six pack abs and pecs?  🤢

(I would never do this in real life, but man would I be tempted to shave his head if I lived with him.  Get rid of those god-awful curls). 

You've got to believe more than a few of his kids have discussed doing just this. Maybe not a complete shave, but at least cutting off those two godawful top-of-the-head curls he's rockin'. The kids most likely to have a go at this are never in the same physical space as Kody, so we'll always have to wonder.

I know they've had to joke about it though.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, TN-peach said:

I think Kody thinks Janelle wants him for his body only because they actually still had sex. It seemed they made it pretty clear that for a long time, Kody wouldn’t have sex with either Meri or Christine. So the only wives he would actually have sex with were Robyn and Janelle. Sorry Kody but according to your religion, Janelle only has one person she can choose to have sex with. While you have four. Janelle is probably only having sex with you because it’s her only choice. If Janelle had 3 other choices like you do, I bet she would have chose someone else. Hell, anyone else. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

On 9/26/2023 at 1:24 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

There must be a likable side of Kody because all the wives reminisce what a great guy and how they enjoyed his personality. While, to us (and to Janell, who says she still misses "the old Kody"), that ship has sailed and we are left with this angry man-baby. 

So Kody cooled off and really thought he would bounce into Salsa Bravo and spout his prepared speech ("I apologize for acting badly but it's all Christine's fault!") and things would return to the ush with Janell. He could have pulled it off - clearly Janell still loves this fool - but it would require skills he doesn't have: listening, comprehending what he hears, and changing his behavior. His window of opportunity to repair his relationship with Janell got shut on his pincurls.

Now for some tea: perhaps all is not as it seems in  Brown Polyg-town. Realitieasquad reports Gwen answered questions on her Patreon and revealed the following. She says neither parent invited her to Christmas 2021, nor did she feel comfortable going to the B&B. She said after Christmas, Kody met with the girls and gave them sizable money gifts. She said both Kody and Christine acted equally bad during their divorce and production is making Christine look good and Kody look worse than he is. She says Christine's new giggly self is performative for the camera. I noticed Gwen is not in the London daughter pics. So make of this what you will.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 8

22 minutes ago, Cults-r-us said:

There must be a likable side of Kody because all the wives reminisce what a great guy and how they enjoyed his personality. While, to us (and to Janell, who says she still misses "the old Kody"), that ship has sailed and we are left with this angry man-baby. 

So Kody cooled off and really thought he would bounce into Salsa Bravo and spout his prepared speech ("I apologize for acting badly but it's all Christine's fault!") and things would return to the ush with Janell. He could have pulled it off - clearly Janell still loves this fool - but it would require skills he doesn't have: listening, comprehending what he hears, and changing his behavior. His window of opportunity to repair his relationship with Janell got shut on his pincurls.

Now for some tea: perhaps all is not as it seems in  Brown Polyg-town. Realitieasquad reports Gwen answered questions on her Patreon and revealed the following. She says neither parent invited her to Christmas 2021, nor did she feel comfortable going to the B&B. She said after Christmas, Kody met with the girls and gave them sizable money gifts. She said both Kody and Christine acted equally bad during their divorce and production is making Christine look good and Kody look worse than he is. She says Christine's new giggly self is performative for the camera. I noticed Gwen is not in the London daughter pics. So make of this what you will.

I’ve said this before on the thread but I believe it was very easy for Kody to be the great guy back before the show and Robyn came along. Back when they all lived in the same house, he had two wives working, one wife being the stay at home mom and watching all the kids which means 3 job incomes while paying nothing for childcare. They were poorer back then. But it still worked out ok. Plus the kids were so young that they thought Kody hung the moon. When he was around, the kids probably fawned all over him while the moms had to be the disciplinarians. I’m sure Kody loved to play in the back yard with the kids and take them places. He was the fun one. And then he also had three wives all focusing on eachother. They would focus on another wife when it came ti their frustration. They likely didn’t focus it on Kody because when it was their night with Kody, they wanted to make the best of it. They were also all much younger back then and didn’t have the maturity and insight that can come with living life for many years. I’m sure Kody didn’t have an obvious favorite before Robyn. His favorite probably changed each day. But when Robyn came along, all of it changed. It was obvious he had a favorite. It was obvious who he wanted to spend the most time with. They were not all living in the same house so kody had to make an effort to go from one house to another to give attention. Before everyone would just come to him. Now he had to make an effort and all his effort obviously went to Robyn. And everyone else got the leftovers. I’m sure Kody started being the Target of the wives’ complaints. Before they probably just complained about the other wives to Kody. Now they are complaining to Kody about his behavior. And that man can’t stand any sort of criticism of any kind. Which just became the constant downward trend of all three marriages. He spent less and less quality time with his other wives and kids and then when Covid hit, he used it as an excuse to completely cut them out. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

On 9/14/2023 at 11:34 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Suggest making it "Kody Brown's Life: My 3 Exes, My Wailing Wife and her eyebrows"

(they fascinate me... like watching a train wreck... the eye brows) 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’ve s

And then he also had three wives all focusing on eachother. They would focus on another wife when it came ti their frustration. They likely didn’t focus it on Kody because when it was their night. I’m sure Kody started being the Target of the wives’ complaints. Before they probably just complained about the other wives to Kody. Now they are complaining to Kody about his behavior. And that man can’t stand any sort of criticism of any kind. Which just became the constant downward trend of all three marriages. He spent less and less quality time with his other wives and kids and then when Covid hit, he used it as an excuse to completely cut them out. 

Kody is an expert manipulator and triangulator. He deftly pitted the wives against each other and avoided conflict with them. They persisted because they were committed to the polyg family and raising kids. But Kody became uncommitted in degrees after hooking up with Robyn.

I would say covid gave him the excuse to get lazy when he discovered how much easier life was to not keep so many plates in the air living with 3 families. But his insane levels of rage and paranoia over family members loyalty makes me wonder what else was going on with him. I know as a narcissist he needed to turn the narrative around to where he wasn't the bad guy.

• Upvote 8

4 hours ago, Cults-r-us said:

She said both Kody and Christine acted equally bad during their divorce and production is making Christine look good and Kody look worse than he is. She says Christine's new giggly self is performative for the camera. I noticed Gwen is not in the London daughter pics. So make of this what you will.

Thanks for sharing! I remember when Jon and Kate (from Jon and Kate plus eight) split TLC ultimately decided to back Kate because she was willing to continue filming and they portrayed Kate as the wonderful parent who had it all together and was the only one concerned about the children and Jon was the one who went off the deep end. Later we came to find out it wasn't that simple, but that was the narrative that worked at that time. Sounds like TLC went to their old playbook and decided Christine all good, Kody all bad. Oh the "reality" that comes with reality TV. 

I originally wondered if Gwen and her wife Bea decided to financially prioritize their wedding and honeymoon instead of going to London. Maybe Gwen wasn't willing to pose and smile as part of the one big happy family with Christine and her new fiancé. 

• Upvote 2

I can't figure out the change in Gwen's opinion of her mom.  Did something happen at the wedding (for example, Christine and David got too much attention?)? Is the money she receiving from Kody making a difference?

I also heard that Mykelti said in her patreon that her and Christine would alternate inviting Gwen and Paedon to holiday/family events but they have decided to stop doing this.  Could Christine's decision to invite both Gwen and Paedon to all events cause this?  Also, Mykelti said that Gwen was not invited to Christmas because Gwen already had plans to visit Bea's family for Christmas. So it sounded like it wasn't that Gwen wasn't not "not invited" but more like a "hey, you already have plans." 

• Upvote 7

11 hours ago, TN-peach said:

I can't figure out the change in Gwen's opinion of her mom.  Did something happen at the wedding (for example, Christine and David got too much attention?)? Is the money she receiving from Kody making a difference?

I also heard that Mykelti said in her patreon that her and Christine would alternate inviting Gwen and Paedon to holiday/family events but they have decided to stop doing this.  Could Christine's decision to invite both Gwen and Paedon to all events cause this?  Also, Mykelti said that Gwen was not invited to Christmas because Gwen already had plans to visit Bea's family for Christmas. So it sounded like it wasn't that Gwen wasn't not "not invited" but more like a "hey, you already have plans." 

I remember Gwen saying it had been a burden to support a miserable Christine during the turbulence of her relationship with Kody and after their split. That is a terrible, unfair position for a child to be in.

When I saw Paedon being filmed with Christine, I wondered if having him there was the reason there was no Gwen. 

Unrelatedly, I have been kicking some thoughts around in my mind. Kody followed his father's lead and converted to AUB after his mission trip. Meri's parents became polygamist when she was little. Janell converted as an adult. So I am suggesting the Brown's always had one foot in the secular world and the other in polygamous culture, especially Kody, and pick the path that ends with him getting what he wants.

Kody married Meri and they agreed they wanted a polygamist family. As we all know (it is sad we all know this because it means we are too immersed in SW lore), in polygamy the head wife brings in subsequent spouses. But that is not what happened with Janell.

Kody met Janell as a customer in her place of work. He began seeing her behind Meri's back. It is possible as newcomers to AUB they did not appreciate the particulars of polyg courting. It is likely they did not care. In the secular world it is cheating, in the polyg world it is not following customs but ultimately men  do what they do. 

So it is reasonable to understand why Janell had such a rocky entry into plural marriage with Kody and Meri. And, insult added to injury, Kody actually liked Janell better than Meri. No wonder Meri seemed so angry and maladjusted.

In the secular world, Meri's friends would encourage her to immediately remove herself from this crazy town triangle. But as a polygamist, Kody could gaslight her, pointing out she wanted a polygamist family, she is a bad, jealous sister wife and should endure her sacred loneliness cheerfully. Only in polygamist culture can a man move his girlfriend into the family home, and his wife is the bad guy for objecting to the arrangement.

The fact the Browns worked through this, and adding Christine somehow helped balance it out, speaks to their commitment to their plural family in the early days of their family. 

• Upvote 7

• Coconut Flan locked this topic