IGNORED

Sister Wives 8: And Another One Down, Another One Bites the Dust?

Coconut Flan

32 minutes ago, samurai_sarah said:

I understand your meaning, but I object on a general level. While I am in no doubt that you have no ill intent, I find "from another country" objectionable. It implies either ignorance or inability to consent. Either way, it sounds disrespectful towards a woman to me.

Please note that I understand a throwaway reference, but am asking you on a personal level not to use that again.

Well I mostly meant it as someone who hasn’t seen sister wives so they don’t know what kind of scumbag he is. 

• Upvote 7

23 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Well I mostly meant it as someone who hasn’t seen sister wives so they don’t know what kind of scumbag he is. 

I understand, and am glad that you understand my point of view.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this has been addressed recently, I don't post here often and I've only followed the Browns loosely over the years and I've been catching up on all the info that dropped since the last season...I'm confused how long they've lived in Flagstaff. I didn't think it's been that long, at least not as long as Las Vegas yet (or am I wrong about that? they moved there in season 2 right?). It's just the Kody mentioned in the past season that the "kids" feel that this is their home, and want to set their roots here (this was to Christine to make her feel guilty about leaving). He must mean Robyn's kids, but also I thought Robyn didn't have any association with Flagstaff before they moved there, right? So he really is just talking out of his ass here, right? The teens at the time were mostly upset about leaving Las Vegas, right? So Hunter/Garrison don't necessarily want to stay there, and a lot of the even older kids have already left, or before Covid was the family happy in Flagstaff after they finally moved? I just remember or got the sense the move out of Las Vegas was contentious.

Wanted to add that I'm aware the Kody is manipulative and lies and doesn't make sense, I'm just more interested which kids were unhappy about moving to Flagstaff, and the timeline, and which kids are currently living and working there, if anyone had that information :)

• Upvote 4

On 2/27/2023 at 11:12 PM, habert said:

Sorry if this has been addressed recently, I don't post here often and I've only followed the Browns loosely over the years and I've been catching up on all the info that dropped since the last season...I'm confused how long they've lived in Flagstaff. I didn't think it's been that long, at least not as long as Las Vegas yet (or am I wrong about that? they moved there in season 2 right?). It's just the Kody mentioned in the past season that the "kids" feel that this is their home, and want to set their roots here (this was to Christine to make her feel guilty about leaving). He must mean Robyn's kids, but also I thought Robyn didn't have any association with Flagstaff before they moved there, right? So he really is just talking out of his ass here, right? The teens at the time were mostly upset about leaving Las Vegas, right? So Hunter/Garrison don't necessarily want to stay there, and a lot of the even older kids have already left, or before Covid was the family happy in Flagstaff after they finally moved? I just remember or got the sense the move out of Las Vegas was contentious.

Wanted to add that I'm aware the Kody is manipulative and lies and doesn't make sense, I'm just more interested which kids were unhappy about moving to Flagstaff, and the timeline, and which kids are currently living and working there, if anyone had that information :)

I think the non-Robyn kids have “roots” in flagstaff to the extent that it’s the place where the parents live. The high schoolers and recent graduates probably also have some sense of fondness due to school memories. I don’t think any of the older kids think about flagstaff much at all. 

It’s generally accepted that the move from Vegas was due to jumbo loan payments being due. Dayton picked ASU for college and suddenly it was THE destination. Most of Christine’s kids are in Utah, Jenelle’s younger kids are in AZ and the older ones are on the east coast. I think Leo is in Colorado. That’s the short version. 

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, purple_summer said:

Dayton picked ASU for college

NAU ...Northern Arizona University.  ASU is in Tempe.  Otherwise. I agree with your post.

• Upvote 4

The teens at the time were mostly upset about leaving Las Vegas, right? So Hunter/Garrison don't necessarily want to stay there, and a lot of the even older kids have already left, or before Covid was the family happy in Flagstaff after they finally moved? I just remember or got the sense the move out of Las Vegas was contentious.

I think I remember the move to and from Vegas being contentious with the kids. And how Kody was just so... unfeeling about it. YES, you had to move to Vegas. I get that. You were literally sneaking out at night (according to the show). And I understand that. But moving is HARD for kids (military kid speaking from experience) and especially in the teen years. Having to start over with new schools, new friends, it's hard. And Kody just didn't seem to give a care about it. "We had to move, why can't they understand that? why aren't they more grateful?" Because they are teenagers. Why can't YOU be the grown up adult and empathize with them?? That still irritates me. Just to honor that they have complicated feelings about it, would have gone a long way. But instead the shelfish man child chia pet had to pout. 

• Upvote 15

Sorry if this has been addressed recently, I don't post here often and I've only followed the Browns loosely over the years and I've been catching up on all the info that dropped since the last season...I'm confused how long they've lived in Flagstaff.

The Browns moved to Flagstaff in 2018. They lived in Vegas for seven years before moving to Flagstaff. 

• Thank You 2

The teens at the time were mostly upset about leaving Las Vegas, right? So Hunter/Garrison don't necessarily want to stay there, and a lot of the even older kids have already left, or before Covid was the family happy in Flagstaff after they finally moved? I just remember or got the sense the move out of Las Vegas was contentious.

Hunter was in high school when they moved to Vegas, and he clearly struggled with the move. Janelle talked about it, and from filming you could tell he went through a challenging time. I felt so bad for him, and wished they hadn't broadcast his tough time with the move. It was more transparent to show Hunter struggled with the move- and probably more relatable to viewers, but he was a teenager, and they could share other story lines, or make a vague comment saying some of the kids are having a tougher time with the move, but not identify who. 

Gabe was not excited about the move to Flagstaff. Going off of memory he was going into his senior (last) year of high school, had a girlfriend in Vegas, and understandably was not thrilled about the move. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

On 3/8/2023 at 10:29 AM, ifosterkittens said:

Gabe was not excited about the move to Flagstaff. Going off of memory he was going into his senior (last) year of high school, had a girlfriend in Vegas, and understandably was not thrilled about the move. 

I think Gabe, Gwen, and Aurora all had two years of high school left when they moved to Flagstaff. That was part of the reason Kody wanted to move right then-they would have two years to make friends and adjust to a new school. If they had waited another year then they would have had to move as seniors. Not even Kody wanted to make a child move in their last year. After those three kids there would be a child graduating each year for the next three or four years. It was “now or never” in Kody’s mind.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

10 hours ago, Letgo said:

I think Gabe, Gwen, and Aurora all had two years of high school left when they moved to Flagstaff. That was part of the reason Kody wanted to move right then-they would have two years to make friends and adjust to a new school. If they had waited another year then they would have had to move as seniors. Not even Kody wanted to make a child move in their last year. After those three kids there would be a child graduating each year for the next three or four years. It was “now or never” in Kody’s mind.

You're right. I thought Gwen and Aurora would be juniors and Gabe would be a senior, but looking at their ages they all would have been juniors. Per Sisterwives wiki Gabe's birthday is October 11, 2001, Gwen is October 15, 2001 and Aurora is April 13, 2002- so all the same grade. Gabe was the only one who was vocal about not wanting to move because he had a life and girlfriend in Vegas. 

• Upvote 2

I just read on IG that Mykelti said Kody and Robyn were going to leave Flagstaff because it’s too expensive to live there. They plan to downsize. The older three kids should be out of high school (or Breanna is soon to graduate) so now would be the time. They don’t need a huge house IF the older kids are allowed to go to college on their own. Does this mean they will sell the Coyote Pass property? What about Janelle and Meri? Nothing keeps them in Flagstaff permanently. Janelle does like it there and might have a child or two going to NAU so she might stay. But it is expensive. Could Janelle afford to buy her lot on the CP property? Retain it as part of her “divorce” settlement? I see storylines for the next couple of seasons!

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Letgo said:

I just read on IG that Mykelti said Kody and Robyn were going to leave Flagstaff because it’s too expensive to live there. They plan to downsize. The older three kids should be out of high school (or Breanna is soon to graduate) so now would be the time. They don’t need a huge house IF the older kids are allowed to go to college on their own. Does this mean they will sell the Coyote Pass property? What about Janelle and Meri? Nothing keeps them in Flagstaff permanently. Janelle does like it there and might have a child or two going to NAU so she might stay. But it is expensive. Could Janelle afford to buy her lot on the CP property? Retain it as part of her “divorce” settlement? I see storylines for the next couple of seasons!

Maybe I'm just being cynical, but it feels like some of this is for the purpose of storylines to keep SW on air. Thanks for sharing this update. My guess is financially Kody and Robyn can't afford her six-bedroom home, and the lots on Coyote Pass. It would make sense to sell that while the market is still strong instead of losing Robyn's house and Coyote Pass to foreclosure. 

Kody seemed frustrated that Christine felt she should get the money from the sale of her house in Flagstaff, and seemed to think it should be split 50/50. I don't know how they handle their finances, but if Janelle and Meri only get 50% of the Coyote Pass lot sales it might not be that much. Christine had the house and seemed to be able to trade her lot for the house proceeds. 

I'm surprised Robyn plans to downsize. When Janelle rented a home with four bedrooms, and talked about building a home with fewer bedrooms than children Robyn said but what about when the kids want to come visit? Janelle said she wasn't going to build a room for each kid so they could come visit. Robyn clearly disagreed. I believe Paedon said Dayton lived in an RV outside of Robyn's house (in her driveway), so maybe Dayton (now 23) has expressed he doesn't wish to live in Robyn's home. I'm not sure about Aurora (20) and Breanna (18, will be 19 next month). I thought Kody wanted to have a room for Truely when she visits. 

It does not surprise me Kody wants to move, before Robyn entered the picture, they moved all the time. Robyn emphasized Flagstaff was the last move, and if she's changed her tune I want to know why. They knew Flagstaff was more expensive and had limited housing before they moved there in 2018. 

Janelle has the RV, but she can't put that on her Coyote Pass lot long-term since it has to be moved every 90 days. I doubt Janelle can afford to buy the Coyote Pass lot and build on it especially if she has to buy Kody out the lot. Janelle really seems to enjoy Flagstaff weather and scenery, but I don't know if it would be affordable long term especially after TLC money stops coming in. 

• Upvote 5

Again, they never should have left Las Vegas. This will be interesting to see how it plays out. Kody will be losing his mind seeing things go out of control. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/12/2023 at 3:31 PM, ifosterkittens said:orylines to keep SW on air. Thanks for sharing this update. My guess is financially Kody and Robyn can't afford her six-bedroom home, and the lots on Coyote Pass. It would make sense to sell that while the market is still strong instead of losing Robyn's house and Coyote Pass to foreclosure. 

I'm surprised Robyn plans to downsize. When Janelle rented a home with four bedrooms, and talked about building a home with fewer bedrooms than children Robyn said but what about when the kids want to come visit? Janelle said she wasn't going to build a room for each kid so they could come visit… I thought Kody wanted to have a room for Truely when she visits. 

There is nothing keeping Kody and Robyn in Flagstaff now that they aren’t polygamists. They could even move back to Utah! No one is going to prosecute Kody now. They have family there so it would be going home. Selling the land now would make the most sense financially but that doesn’t seem to be Kody’s strength. I would think there has to be some legal division of properties/money among the three formers wives and Kody/Robyn and selling the land would make that easier.

When I first saw the house Janelle planned to build I thought about having bedrooms for the kids too. Not six extra, but maybe two or three. However, I remember reading a while ago that it’s less expensive to put up visiting kids in a hotel than to build and maintain a larger house just for visits so Janelle’s plan is a good idea. After all, how often are her kids going to come visit her all at the same time? I’m kind of thinking that big Brown family holidays together are a thing of the past.

We shall see if Robyn actually does downsize. The house doesn’t seem to be for sale yet so maybe they’ll wait for all three older kids to graduate from NAU before they move. (If that’s where they attend university-do we know what Aurora and Breanna are doing now?) That big house just doesn’t make sense for them now with only two kids living at home. Oh wait, I forgot that Kody will want a room for Truly during his “50/50 custody” time! Ha! 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

It’s pretty common for people to downsize once their kids move out. It seems like such a hassle to maintain a big house that you only use half of. People can also just rent airbnbs these days. If everyone wanted to visit at the same time, they could rent a nearby Airbnb and it would be a million times easier. 

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Manda said:

Kody sporting his tight pants in Target. What is his fascination with pants that are almost leggings?

Kody tight pants Target.gif

He probably heard someone say "What an ass" about him and took it the wrong way.

• Haha 22

1 hour ago, Flossie said:

He probably heard someone say "What an ass" about him and took it the wrong way.

or he thinks it highlights his "package".  oh ick

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 3

I’ve just been thinking. A man who converts to polygamy in adulthood seems like it could be a red flag. Kody converted as an adult. I know he was a young adult but the point is that he didn’t grow up in it. I think someone converting as an adult may be more likely to have narcissistic leanings. He probably went into it thinking he would have all these women fawning all over him wanting sex all the time. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

I don’t get Cody’s appeal either. I only saw a few episodes. But it’s good that a few of the sister wives seem to still be close with each other. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’ve just been thinking. A man who converts to polygamy in adulthood seems like it could be a red flag. Kody converted as an adult. I know he was a young adult but the point is that he didn’t grow up in it. I think someone converting as an adult may be more likely to have narcissistic leanings. He probably went into it thinking he would have all these women fawning all over him wanting sex all the time. 

I would have to go back andd find it, but I think Kodouche has polygamous roots.

• I Agree 1

26 minutes ago, gustava said:

I would have to go back andd find it, but I think Kodouche has polygamous roots.

I think Kody’s parents were monogamous for a lot of his childhood. I believe his parents didn’t go poly until he was an older teen. So he wasn’t fully raised in it. So you would think he had a choice to stay monogamous or go poly. 

• Upvote 6

Christine just announced her engagement to her partner, David Woolley. 

https://people.com/tv/sister-wives-christine-brown-engaged-david-woolley-exclusive/

Spoiler

B93D12DB-5D83-4096-A7ED-EEEFE912BBE0.thumb.jpeg.59ea073130d16845171a7b596a859eb9.jpeg

Spoiler

A6145ACB-9F4D-4B42-A37F-DAFF319759F1.thumb.jpeg.b937fd8168100e82042d6a9bcd4a51c9.jpeg

Edited by Alice in Fundieland
Added screenshots with pictures of the ring
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 7
  • Love 2

I genuinely believe her. Poly Marriage to Kody always seemed like a huge chore for most of his wives. They put so much effort into something that never came naturally to them. Mostly because of how Kody treated them and the family. I’m sure it’s crazy to her to be in a relationship with so much enjoyment without it being a constant struggle. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic