IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 47

Coconut Flan

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That’s not really my point. PP Anderson loves to hate on the Duggars/Gothard. Zoo really loves to hate on Michael Pearl and his ministry. It doesn’t make them better fundies. It’s not growth. It’s just fundies thinking their fundie way is best. 

I agree with that. I disagreed with the "it's just a song, it's not that serious" comment, which is what my reply was for. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, viii said:

I agree with that. I disagreed with the "it's just a song, it's not that serious" comment, which is what my reply was for. 

I see what you are saying and I agree that Hillsong is horrible. But my focus was more on the fact that she felt the need to point out she doesn’t support Hillsong. Even though they weren’t playing their music. They were singing a song written by Hillsong in a bathroom. Because she knew her fundie friends would come after her. Fundies are so quick to shame each other for the slightest difference in theology. They probably have tons and tons of similar beliefs with Hillsong. Way more than any of us. It’s more about the fact that they can’t have any association with any other Christian cult. The Bontragers are also open on social media with the fact that they aren’t in IBLP either. Even though they have a ton of IBLP friends. They don’t seem to want to be associated with any of the popular Christian cults. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That’s not really my point. PP Anderson loves to hate on the Duggars/Gothard. Zoo really loves to hate on Michael Pearl and his ministry. It doesn’t make them better fundies. It’s not growth. It’s just fundies thinking their fundie way is best. 

Yes but it's fun to them set each other's trash heaps on fire.

• I Agree 1

12 minutes ago, noseybutt said:

Yes but it's fun to them set each other's trash heaps on fire.

That’s what’s crazy. We might criticize fundies. But they all criticize each other even more. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3

It’s called eating their own. Nothing says love like Christian on Christian hate.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

21 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

It’s called eating their own. Nothing says love like Christian on Christian hate.

“I’m just trying to save their souls!”

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

17 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yes , it’s weird that they married 3 Helferiches and 2 Bowerses. But it’s strangely common in fundieland since they have so few families that match up with their culty lives and beliefs. 

It’s a recipe for genetic issues due to inbreeding somewhere down the line, like some Amish communities experience.

Edited by GreenBeans
Removed double post
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, GreenBeans said:

It’s a recipe for genetic issues due to inbreeding somewhere down the line, like some Amish communities experience.

Well the Bontragers are ex Amish so they might already have that going on. I don’t think Becky and Marlin are close cousins. But I wouldn’t be surprised if their great grandparents were. 

• Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...

Something that occurred to me earlier today. You know how various Bates post weekly or twice weekly photos as they enter church services? How come aside from a very, very rare Vuolo sighting, none of the other Duggars post any sort of proof that they attend actual services? Not even Jessa and Ben who are purportedly employed at a church. Recently (in the last few days), Joy posted a photo on IG,  of the family walking up to a building, and the kids were very casually dressed, and I thought, here it is, a Duggar family going to church. Nope, they were going to Olive Garden. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Something that occurred to me earlier today. You know how various Bates post weekly or twice weekly photos as they enter church services? How come aside from a very, very rare Vuolo sighting, none of the other Duggars post any sort of proof that they attend actual services? Not even Jessa and Ben who are purportedly employed at a church. Recently (in the last few days), Joy posted a photo on IG,  of the family walking up to a building, and the kids were very casually dressed, and I thought, here it is, a Duggar family going to church. Nope, they were going to Olive Garden. 

Because they're less weirdly performative than the Bates'? Personally I find it more weird that the Bates post as many church photos as they do. 

• Upvote 11

6 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

Because they're less weirdly performative than the Bates'? Personally I find it more weird that the Bates post as many church photos as they do. 

Oh it’s absolutely to garner attention and follower$, but the Duggars don’t even try. Then again, maybe none of the Duggars attend a brick and mortar church.

• Upvote 8

The social media of the Bateses and Duggars are so different. The Bateses are much More put together while the Duggars seem kind of haphazard when it comes to social media. 

• Upvote 6

31 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The social media of the Bateses and Duggars are so different. The Bateses are much More put together while the Duggars seem kind of haphazard when it comes to social media. 

I think with all of Josh’s issues, the families still in AR, for the most part, have hunkered down and are protecting their own family’s privacy. The less they expose themselves, the less pushback and snark they receive.

• Upvote 8

8 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I think with all of Josh’s issues, the families still in AR, for the most part, have hunkered down and are protecting their own family’s privacy. The less they expose themselves, the less pushback and snark they receive.

Which of course is a smart move in my opinion. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 8

My sister knows I'm a hardcore snarker. She got me this for my birthday, I thought you fellow snarkers would like to see some of my favorite pages. Besides, it's my ultimate umbrella of authority as a snarker to spread the snark wherever I can. 

If links are allowed here's where she got it: https://amzn.to/3y3vuyN

2b9998b5-578f-4146-88cc-169f2c47ab3e.jpeg

Spoiler

9fbed9c9-bcbf-4675-a303-0c5ceaab4d19.jpeg

3469191c-2f1a-4cb2-bb70-ffdbe9c98858.jpeg

cf72d294-5859-4b62-881f-57fcde518e65.jpeg

fbe80013-8b73-440a-aee3-4c51a0690df7.jpeg

fd65b32a-526b-490c-a6c6-6d716cfb907c.jpeg

Edited by Coconut Flan
Spoiler for more than two images.
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 14

18 hours ago, indianabones said:

That is a shocking amount of Reddit in-jokes for an actual published book!

You can self-publish anything these days with print-on-demand. I appreciate that someone DID though

• Upvote 5

Oh yes it’s definitely self published. It’s way too niche to get a big publisher. 

• Upvote 1