IGNORED

Sister Wives 8: And Another One Down, Another One Bites the Dust?

Coconut Flan

I am happy for Meri.  Hopefully he "soothes those wounds that Kody inflicted" as Janelle described David.  All three of those ladies deserve futures with people that love and appreciate them.  I also love that Meri has adopted a dog as well.  Especially since Kody and Robyn are not animal people.  

I don't know if Janelle really wants to be paired up in the future but I also see her perfectly content with dogs, kids, independent life, maybe dating some on the side.  Free to come and go as she wants - I hope she is happy.  If a life partner would help - great, if not - great.

I just love that they all seem to be happy and glowing. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5

InTouch has outed Amos. Divorced 4 times ( most recently 2021) and a Chapter 7 bankruptcy. So, a lateral move for Meri. 

• Sad 3
  • Thank You 5

7 hours ago, marmalade said:

InTouch has outed Amos. Divorced 4 times ( most recently 2021) and a Chapter 7 bankruptcy. So, a lateral move for Meri. 

I don’t want to just him too harshly for multiple divorces and bankruptcy. But I do hope Meri takes things slow. And I would say that even if he had one divorce and no bankruptcy. He hasn’t done anything illegal so I don’t want to make snap judgments against him. Although it should probably give her pause given her relationship history. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

Can anyone in the Brown family judge anyone else for bankruptcy?!

Hopefully, Lord I beg please, Meri keep your finances separate from any man/other person.  Learn your lesson.  Keep the B&B in your name only.  Don't let anyone else mess with it. 

Same with Janelle (once she gets some assets in her own name).  Hopefully, Christine and David are being smart with finances. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

Here it is Monday and there are no SW recaps to read or watch. I have mixed feelings about the SW season being over because on one hand I get sick of it but on the other hand, want to know will Meri's relationship work? as well as the rest of our questions about the Browns.

When last season ended, I was rooting for Janell to impale Kody with the little X-mas tree that triggered him so. A few people have commented that this season's ending in the beautiful red rocks of Moab would have been a good place for series to end. I hope the updates they drop in their off-season are interesting.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

On 1/19/2024 at 6:05 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don’t want to just him too harshly for multiple divorces and bankruptcy. But I do hope Meri takes things slow. And I would say that even if he had one divorce and no bankruptcy. He hasn’t done anything illegal so I don’t want to make snap judgments against him. Although it should probably give her pause given her relationship history. 

I listened to the We Love to Hate Everything Season 18 Season Finale Guest-a-Palooza. It is the consensus of all the different SW podcasters "Famous Amos" is a dirty John, Matt Bauer sort of treasure hunter.

If you want to die laughing, at about the middle Ace from Love Should be Multiplied (as Kody) does a vow renewal with Cory (as Robin) from Surviving Sister wives.

• Thank You 1

Sarah Howles has a youtube channel and she recaps Sister Wives episodes. I'm linking a video that has Kody Brown's nephew Ben who was raised in polygamy, left polygamy, and is openly critical of polygamy. It contains a clip of his standup comedy, and some of his Tik Tok videos where he responds to questions about Kody. I found it interesting. 

Edited by ifosterkittens
changed wording to clarify a sentence
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

On 1/18/2024 at 10:14 PM, marmalade said:

I don't know anything about Amos, but I do know Meri's dog might benefit from a dog training class.

• 3 weeks later...

Christine and David bought a house in Moab to rent out on AirBnB per this article in People. Kody always talked about building homes and renting them out in Flagstaff, but as we know that never happened. It would not surprise me if Kody claims Christine got the idea from him! 

• Upvote 7

14 hours ago, ifosterkittens said:

Christine and David bought a house in Moab to rent out on AirBnB per this article in People. Kody always talked about building homes and renting them out in Flagstaff, but as we know that never happened. It would not surprise me if Kody claims Christine got the idea from him! 

Maybe he and David discussed it when they were talking about wives... /s

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Realitea has an interview with Kody's nephew comedian Fresh King Ben Brown. He discusses his life growing up on the Brown Ranch Compound and his journey out of the AUB. He has had a positive relationship with Kody, who years ago helped him raise funds for a trip to Uganda of which his father disapproved. He does not watch SW and wouldn't criticize Kody. He felt Kody did all he could to make the family work. Since that is also Kody's belief about himself, I wonder if it is a Brown family belief about Kody's behavior. Sarah showed him clips from the show and asked for Ben's reaction. He felt Kody's Knife in the Kidney tirade was a product of years of pent up emotion.

Surviving Sister Wives collaborated with Shrink Wrapped for a 2-part SW discussion. It was interesting and entertaining. Dr. David pointed out Kody really feels righteous rage toward the wives' leaving as he deludedly believes himself to be an exemplary husband and father. He has no clue he is a sadistic, abusive, neglectful a--. Cory drscribed Robyn's destruction of the family as "some Game of Thrones stuff there". True that!

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

Apparently Meri and Amos have broken up.  I read about it on one of the subreddits that she posted on one of her social media accounts.  I am glad that she has the experience of dating and breaking up with someone.  I don't think she has ever really had that.  Hopefully she is also fully divorced in the eyes of Robyn 😉

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tmz is reporting Janelle's son has died. 

Edited by Giraffe
  • Sad 11

Garrison died by suicide according to reports. 

My heart is breaking for Janelle, Christine, Kody, and his siblings. 

And Gabe is the one that found him.

Can the show really go on after this?  I can't imagine wanting to film episodes after this if I was Janelle, Christine, or any other sibling.

Edited by TN-peach
  • Sad 9

I’m really, really, really hoping this is somehow false news and that he is actually fine. 
But this thread title needs to change IMMEDIATELY!

SHIT. Janelle confirmed it on Instagram.

Edited by Mrs Ms
Confirmation.
  • Sad 4

OMG. I just goggled and apparently it is true. How awful  I can't imagine anything worse. He was only 25.

1 hour ago, Giraffe said:

Tmz is reporting Janelle's son has died. 

I was just thinking this morning that there is a drought in SW news. Well, this is news nobody wants to hear! He was so likable, had bought a house and seemed to be entering adult life on sure footing. Everyone is heartsick over this senseless but all too common tragedy.

• Upvote 3

Carry on here:

• Thank You 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic