IGNORED

Sister Wives 8: And Another One Down, Another One Bites the Dust?

Coconut Flan

On 7/16/2023 at 11:36 PM, ifosterkittens said:

Part of it I think is Robyn's first marriage was a total failure. She got pregnant so she "had" to get married, and the guy turned out to be terrible, and she was left divorced with no education, no skill set, no money, and three young children. She remarries into a family that is trying to show the rest of the world polygamy isn't all Warren Jeffs FLDS there are legal consenting adults who wish to live this way, and that was a message she could get behind, and her chance to "get it right". Plus, she saw a better way to financially provide for her children marrying Kody (TLC money), and at that time Kody appeared to be a very involved father with the younger kids and her kids hadn't had that. Now Kody's has three wives who have left him, strained relationships with several of his children, and Kody questioning polygamy.  Everything Robyn stood for and believed in has crumbled, and the money isn't flowing like it once was. That's what I think Robyn is really crying about. 

First, I suspect the victim in Robyn's first marriage was her hard-working ex-husband and his family who tried to help her with her colossal debt problem but were left with the debt and denied access to the children. Robyn is not a team player, and having a limited income with 3 small children requires teamwork to make the family work. She was successful at damaging them as she similarly inflicted toxicity on the Browns.

Robyn left her marriage with an important skill set (although one part and parcel of personality disorder): master manipulating, isolating and controlling family members, getting what she wants no matter the cost to others and living in a privileged status, not having to work or in any way support the family.

Is Robyn all in on the Principle? Probably only when it's to her benefit. She talks a good game but mostly to lay shame on others (such as when she said Christine was not released from her marriage by the AUB). Due to her otherwise destructive and keniving behavior, it is hard to believe Robyn has heartfelt religious beliefs that do not benefit her directly.

I suspect what Robyn believed in and stood for was the Church of Robyn. She wanted polygamy as long as she could be the favorite wife and blow a fortune on material goods. She enjoyed manipulating and punishing the other wives for fun, because she is a sick b____. You bet she is crying because she no longer has the other wives as playthings to manipulate Kody to kick around and psychologically abuse.

I think Gwen had said K&R had not responded to her wedding invitation. She previously said Robyn did not want her around her children and was upset when Sol had been alone with her (she may think gay is contagious). 

They came 2 hours late to the wedding and did not bring their kids. The damage Robyn has done to the 3OG wives and kids is a matter of public record. But the isolating and brainwashing and sundry psychological sick s___ that goes on in Robyn and Kody's nuclear family stays hidden from view, buried under the boxes of her shopping problem. Free Brianna and Aurora!

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sister Wives season 1090 starts this Sunday.  I think it might be season 18.  Apparently we get the great Kody storming off from Janelle scene that is the end for them.  Oddly Janelle can't be bothered to get up off the sofa during the argument.  

Also, Cooking with Christine which in an online only "show" returns and Janelle joins her at least once.  I wonder how much TLC pays for that content.  

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

On 8/15/2023 at 9:47 AM, Coconut Flan said:

Sister Wives season 1090 starts this Sunday.  I think it might be season 18.  Apparently we get the great Kody storming off from Janelle scene that is the end for them.  Oddly Janelle can't be bothered to get up off the sofa during the argument.

Hey, y'all! I was so excited to get up and read the SW recaps, I almost forgot early check-in for my flight. See, my priorities are nearly as messed up as Kody's! Anyhow, it looks like we already saw the whole show in the spoilers. The best line was where Christine says being divorced from Kody is "freakin' awesome"! I hope they have other content because another season of them hashing out their breakups is too much of the same.

• Upvote 3

I just watched it. The Great Big Shockers include Robyn crying, Cody being a whiny ass wipe, Meri wants to be included but Cody's like Meri who?, Christine is giddy and makes fun of Cody which was fabulous, and Janelle's about done and drops some F bombs at Cody. Like @Cults-r-us said, if this the content what's the point. Same shit, different season.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

I haven't watched the episode yet, but saw a recap where Kody was complaining about side effects from covid, and Christine was laughing saying when he gets sick it's all about him and his sickness. 

Gets on high horse: Kody chose not to get vaccinated. (I believe Robyn also chose not to get vaccinated.) The vaccine was available to adults over 18 before he got covid. Kody chose not to see several of his children because they didn't follow his covid rules, and he couldn't be bothered to get vaccinated. Clearly "protecting" Robyn's children and his other children and wives wasn't that important to him. 

Disclaimer: I'm only speaking to Kody and Robyn not getting vaccinated. I'm not making a general statement towards a larger population. 

• Upvote 11
  • Angry 1

12 hours ago, ifosterkittens said:

I haven't watched the episode yet, but saw a recap where Kody was complaining about side effects from covid, and Christine was laughing saying when he gets sick it's all about him and his sickness. 

Gets on high horse: Kody chose not to get vaccinated. (I believe Robyn also chose not to get vaccinated.) The vaccine was available to adults over 18 before he got covid. Kody chose not to see several of his children because they didn't follow his covid rules, and he couldn't be bothered to get vaccinated. Clearly "protecting" Robyn's children and his other children and wives wasn't that important to him. 

I don't know if getting or not getting covid was the point of Kody's "COVID rules". The point was control of the family and his role as patriarch. His "COVID rules" is the hill he picked to die on, truly the lynch pin which he pulled and let his family go. For whatever reason, it doesn't appear he will recover anytime soon from the narcissistic injury he incurred from everybody not falling in line with his demands. His poor children.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Cults-r-us said:

I don't know if getting or not getting covid was the point of Kody's "COVID rules". The point was control of the family and his role as patriarch. His "COVID rules" is the hill he picked to die on, truly the lynch pin which he pulled and let his family go. For whatever reason, it doesn't appear he will recover anytime soon from the narcissistic injury he incurred from everybody not falling in line with his demands. His poor children.

He used Covid as an excuse to control his family just like many men before him have used the Bible to control their families. He’s just like millions of other men who can’t stand to not have complete control over his family at all times. And when he loses control, he lashes out or cuts them off. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

On 8/21/2023 at 2:53 PM, ifosterkittens said:

Disclaimer: I'm only speaking to Kody and Robyn not getting vaccinated. I'm not making a general statement towards a larger population. 

According to the interwebz he got Covid the end of 2020, well before vaccines would have been available to him.  Until April/May/June (depending on state)  of ‘21 it was only available to people at extremely high risk, the elderly, health care workers etc.

The show runs sooooo far behind it’s hard to track! 

I am LOVING gleefully free Christine. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

36 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

According to the interwebz he got Covid the end of 2020, well before vaccines would have been available to him.  Until April/May/June (depending on state)  of ‘21 it was only available to people at extremely high risk, the elderly, health care workers etc.

Thanks for the correction. I thought he got covid October 2021, but if he got it in 2020 you're right he wouldn't have been eligible for the vaccine. I don't know if I can take him moaning and groaning about his covid symptoms and his ungrateful wives this season and more sobbing Robyn. Gleeful Christine is going to be the saving grace this season! 

• Upvote 6

Yeah I’m pretty sure Kody got Covid fall 2021 as didn’t Breanna pick it up from school? Many schools had virtual options the 20-21 school year

I mean, it can't really be "Sister Wives" when it's just Kody and Robin. No one likes them. They don't even really seem to like themselves.

Maybe TLC will rename it, like Jon & Kate/Kate + 8 or Counting On/whatever kids and counting. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

The Sun's shot of Robin bawling is awesome. She looks like a toddler who got her lollipop taken away. And can you imagine how angry he would be if there was a spin-off show of his ex wives while he lost his? Hoooo-leeeee-shit.

• Haha 7

16 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

Maybe TLC will rename it, like Jon & Kate/Kate + 8 or Counting On/whatever kids and counting. 

Counting Down

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

On 8/22/2023 at 7:47 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

He used Covid as an excuse to control his family just like many men before him have used the Bible to control their families. He’s just like millions of other men who can’t stand to not have complete control over his family at all times. And when he loses control, he lashes out or cuts them off. 

I just saw this week's Entertainment tonight spoiler. Gabe acknowledges "this was never about COVID". Janell K&R's new excuse ("their new drum") to keep the family apart is the family can't meet together "until we sort all this out". They won't associate with the rest of the family because they reject them all but gaslight and say it's the family members' fault they can't meet. A typically abusive tactic.

Interestingly, DowntheRabbitHoleatBedtime speculates COVID caused K&R to embrace some Mormon based doomsday thinking (remember, Kody asked Christine if she wanted part of their food stockpile) and isolate so as to survive the impending doomsday event. Apparently, they weren't interested in "saving" the rest of the clan.

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If I had a family like Leon, I would go to the courthouse too. 

Just having a family like that would be enough, but add TLC to the mix and I would DEFINITELY elope or do a courthouse one!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Mrs Ms said:

Just having a family like that would be enough, but add TLC to the mix and I would DEFINITELY elope or do a courthouse one!

Except Gwen had a lovely wedding with her family celebrating with her and K&R laying low but still attending. Leon apparently wanted a different experience.

• Upvote 3

On 8/24/2023 at 4:00 PM, fluffernutter said:

The Sun's shot of Robin bawling is awesome. She looks like a toddler who got her lollipop taken away. And can you imagine how angry he would be if there was a spin-off show of his ex wives while he lost his? Hoooo-leeeee-shit.

Hey, y'all, what'd you think? In some ways S18E2 is another nothingburger, but still a few points of interest 

Pop Psych Dr. David C. thinks Robyn really cannot connect the dots between her actions and other family members' reactions. I have seen other people who are horribly manipulative to get what they want in the immediate, but who cannot comprehend the fall out of their behavior in the big picture. Maybe it's all true, she is a petty b---- and has a few loose screws.

Kody, Captain Insight, thinks the family fell apart because of going on tv. So yes, if they stayed in polygamy he could have stayed king and the wives live in poverty and want, like  others in patriarchal, polygamist cults. But no, dude, the money made it so they could walk away from your abuse and neglect and seek fulfillment in their lives. Yay! Janell, Meri, Christine and kids.

One recurrent theme I noticed is Everytime K&R have conflict with other family, they unpack this suitcase of grievances they've carried around for years. The other kids struggling with their schedules to accommodate Robyn's Christmas Zoom turns into an opportunity for K&R to ruminate on the rejection Robyn received from day 1. Nevermind what all families go through blending families with teenagers. Nevermind the other family members were struggling with neglect and poverty. They do not matter. It only matters they can keep the family being inadequately welcoming on the grievance roster. And that Robyn has another opportunity to isolate her kids and tell them (some more) no one loves them but she and Kody.

• Upvote 7

I was reading that Janell said a big attraction to Kody was how he was such an engaged father when his kids were younger and when they were all living close. And now he barely has a relationship with some of their kids. And I can totally understand her feeling that way. I’m attracted to my husband for many reasons but if he stopped engaging with our kids and basically stopped parenting, I would not be attracted to him anymore either. I would be disgusted actually. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

On 8/29/2023 at 3:17 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I was reading that Janell said a big attraction to Kody was how he was such an engaged father when his kids were younger and when they were all living close. And now he barely has a relationship with some of their kids. And I can totally understand her feeling that way. I’m attracted to my husband for many reasons but if he stopped engaging with our kids and basically stopped parenting, I would not be attracted to him anymore either. I would be disgusted actually. 

But disgust, or dismay, or concern, or nausea would be normal responses to the way Kody interacts with Aurora.

• Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic