IGNORED

Sister Wives 8: And Another One Down, Another One Bites the Dust?

Coconut Flan

6 minutes ago, Cults-r-us said:

Robyn really believes her position as head wife entitles her to deference and special treatment. She believes her favored children are above the others in the family. She acts like the unfavored kids are dirty or contagious. Remember Gwen saying Robyn didn't want Sol left alone with her? So of course she doesn't want her royal children hobnobbing with the lessers. Thusly,  she beats the tired old drum of disrespect (not catering to her) and disloyalty (not doing what she wants) and withdrawals her (3 adult) children from the gift exchange she didn't want them in the first place.

I guess she should get some “reward” for being the loyal wife to Kody during his close to death COVID scare. Being called the loyal wife and the “last one left” I guess will have to do. 

she can keep his lovely ringlets and jewelry. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

I cannot with either of Robyn's daughters. They have that same dopey, weepy-eyed look that Robyn always wears, and they sound just like her. What a pile of Eeyore's. Pass!  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, viii said:

I cannot with either of Robyn's daughters. They have that same dopey, weepy-eyed look that Robyn always wears, and they sound just like her. What a pile of Eeyore's. Pass!  

It must suck to live a life as a perpetual victim. I hope her girls eventually get away from her so they can lead happier lives. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 9

5 hours ago, viii said:

They learned from the best! Although they haven't quite mastered the dabbing of the eye to wipe away the non-existent tear. But I am sure if they practice some more they will have it figured out. 

If Robyn is filling their heads' with nonsense about their siblings just imagine what nonsense Sol and Ari are hearing.

• Upvote 5

On 10/17/2023 at 11:29 AM, Cults-r-us said:

After listening to Breanna (Robyn 2.0) cry and explain she is separated from her sibs because of their flagrant disregard of the "COVID rules"

This makes me laugh because I think Breanna was the one who brought Covid home to her family, sharing it with everyone except Aurora. How well did she follow the Kody’s rules? 😜

I keep wondering why Kody was so paranoid about Covid yet refused to be vaccinated. Many with his views minimize/deny Covid and refuse vaccination, but Kody refused the vaccine AND was so worried about the virus that he went to extremes to try to avoid it. Why was he so concerned? No one else in the extended family seemed to have that level of concern. I got the impression that Robyn was just following Kody’s rules because she’s the good wife. Was it worth it to Kody to pretty much destroy his family with his choices?

• Upvote 6

On 10/20/2023 at 1:37 AM, Letgo said:

This makes me laugh because I think Breanna was the one who brought Covid home to her family, sharing it with everyone except Aurora. How well did she follow the Kody’s rules? 😜

I keep wondering why Kody was so paranoid about Covid yet refused to be vaccinated. Many with his views minimize/deny Covid and refuse vaccination, but Kody refused the vaccine AND was so worried about the virus that he went to extremes to try to avoid it. Why was he so concerned? No one else in the extended family seemed to have that level of concern. I got the impression that Robyn was just following Kody’s rules because she’s the good wife. Was it worth it to Kody to pretty much destroy his family with his choices?

Robyn is reportedly an anxious person who worried that Sol was high-risk to get COVID since he had RSV when he was little. She is skilled in making Kody think her ideas are his ideas. So likely he does believe they are his rules, which he did not follow. He refused to wear a mask, dancing his Leprechaun Shuffle (or whatever it was) at his friend's wedding and going to other public events as he saw fit. 

What "his" COVID rules provided was an opportunity for Kody to pull the lynch pin that connected him to the non-Robyn family. At the same time he got red-pilled and peer-shamed by his patriarchal friends about his out-of-control wives. Additionally, some speculate his personality change and rage may be influenced by taking performance enhancers such as steroids or testosterone. Don't forget his underlying narcissistic personality disorder.

Altogether, it was the perfect storm to create this hypocritical, filterless loon raging and verbally abusing his family members on national TV, while getting paid $$$ by TLC. Raise your hand if you are sick of the sight and sound of Kody Brown. Ditto lying, crying, eyebrow pencil affectionado Robyn Brown. Reality Amanda nailed it when she suggested some shows without them.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

Robyn has really done a number on those kids, I'm sure she loved hearing Brianna talk about how kind Gabe(?) Was to her and how she had nothing bad to say about him. 

Seeing a grown man call his kids jerks on television is unsettling, he has such a skewed sense of responsibility and parent/child dynamics I'm thankful that he has so few minor children left because this new deranged Kody does not give off healthy parent vibes. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

The OG Sister Wives: I would love to have a family reunion.  It would be great for all of the siblings to see each other again.

Robyn and Kody: No Family reunion until everyone kisses our new horse rings.  Besides the little ones don't even know what all of their siblings look like.

• Upvote 10

On 10/22/2023 at 1:30 PM, Cults-r-us said:

What "his" COVID rules provided was an opportunity for Kody to pull the lynch pin that connected him to the non-Robyn family. 

I agree. In all of Kody’s interviews on the show he never seems to take ANY responsibility for the breakups of his marriages. It’s all the fault of his wives, mainly Christine, who doesn’t sound as if she ever had any redeeming character traits in his eyes. Christine insisted that Kody marry her, he was never attracted to her, she was mean to all the sisterwives, she treats Robyn poorly and never tried to accept her, she is turning Janelle against him, she’s turning the kids against him, she’s not loyal to him, etc. Has he ever mentioned that HE might have done anything to contribute to the failure of their relationship? Or that he messed up with the adult children? Kody seems to be obsessed with being respected and wanting loyalty from his wives and kids, no matter what. (Gee, who does that remind me of?) Only Robyn and her kids measure up to what he expects from his family members so he’s pretty much writhing most everyone else out of his life. Really, Covid was a gift to Kody. He finally had “valid” reasons to openly show that Robyn is his true love. Yet he complains that he has been wronged by his other wives, doesn’t want them, but poor me!

• Upvote 13

29 minutes ago, Letgo said:

I agree. In all of Kody’s interviews on the show he never seems to take ANY responsibility for the breakups of his marriages. It’s all the fault of his wives, mainly Christine, who doesn’t sound as if she ever had any redeeming character traits in his eyes. Christine insisted that Kody marry her, he was never attracted to her, she was mean to all the sisterwives, she treats Robyn poorly and never tried to accept her, she is turning Janelle against him, she’s turning the kids against him, she’s not loyal to him, etc. Has he ever mentioned that HE might have done anything to contribute to the failure of their relationship? Or that he messed up with the adult children? Kody seems to be obsessed with being respected and wanting loyalty from his wives and kids, no matter what. (Gee, who does that remind me of?) Only Robyn and her kids measure up to what he expects from his family members so he’s pretty much writhing most everyone else out of his life. Really, Covid was a gift to Kody. He finally had “valid” reasons to openly show that Robyn is his true love. Yet he complains that he has been wronged by his other wives, doesn’t want them, but poor me!

I mean, he couldn't even admit that not going to Ysabel's surgery may have soured her opinion of him.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

8 hours ago, Letgo said:

And with all of her "faults" - he was the one pushing Christine to stay and was stunned that she'd want to leave him and his booty-calls. You changed your narrative, dude. She has to stay - how can she not love him, she's tearing the family apart, how dare she leave? I was never attracted to her (how many kids do they have?), and she's mean to the other wives, she's turning the family against me... sooooo let her go? 

I hope her new marriage works (it feels like she jumped into the first thing that seemed "normal" where someone loved her). 

• Upvote 11

The thing about Christine is that you know she is prepared to put in the work when it comes to marriage. She worked so hard along with the others to make a marriage with Kody work. I think if problems arise with David, she will be ready and willing to put in the necessary work to get through any bumps. Luckily David comes across as the opposite of Kody. And I think he’s probably also quite willing to work on the marriage if problems arise. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

12 hours ago, Letgo said:

I agree. In all of Kody’s interviews on the show he never seems to take ANY responsibility for the breakups of his marriages. It’s all the fault of his wives, mainly Christine, who doesn’t sound as if she ever had any redeeming character traits in his eyes. Christine insisted that Kody marry her, he was never attracted to her, she was mean to all the sisterwives, she treats Robyn poorly and never tried to accept her, she is turning Janelle against him, she’s turning the kids against him, she’s not loyal to him, etc.

Methinks he doth protest too much. Christine was an activist for polygamy when Kody met her. She became the most vocal wife to advocate for herself and her children to get fair treatment from the 'Doosh. Kody responded to her making demands on his time by verbally beating her down as a means of control. I think he still had feelings for her.

Enter jealous, hateful Robyn, who immediately began carping on Christine. As time went on this dynamic escalated. K&R developed an unfounded, pathological hatred and blaming of Christine. Kody even says he fantasizes about physically hurting Christine and wanting vengeance, e.g. "bad karma coming her way".

I have explained before I experienced this dynamic before with my previous narcissistic boss and her favorite staff person. I have been gone 1.5 years and my coworkers say she is still blaming me for things with which I had nothing to do. She regrets not being able to inflict more harm.

My point is I believe that in narcissist personality disorder it is common to demonize a person and make them a scapegoat. Hurrah for Christine who left and inflicted this injury on Kody's fragile ego and making him feel so out of control.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

Poor Kody doesn't understand why Ysabel might be uncomfortable at his house and around him.  Maybe (just maybe) because she sees how supportive you are of her sisters (Robyn's children) and yet you were like "you don't need that surgery. Ok, go by yourself."

What was with the way Robyn was talking about Truely turning 12.  That was just strange. 

I noticed when Kody was asked about Maddie he said that she stopped calling.  He didn't say anything about him even attempting to call her.  He is such an ass.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, TN-peach said:

Poor Kody doesn't understand why Ysabel might be uncomfortable at his house and around him.  Maybe (just maybe) because she sees how supportive you are of her sisters (Robyn's children) and yet you were like "you don't need that surgery. Ok, go by yourself."

What was with the way Robyn was talking about Truely turning 12.  That was just strange. 

I noticed when Kody was asked about Maddie he said that she stopped calling.  He didn't say anything about him even attempting to call her.  He is such an ass.

Poor Ysabel has had plenty of uncomfortable moments with her Doosh-canoe dad, such as at her birthday party where he forgot her age. Also plenty of discomfort with evil stepsisters Anastasia (Aurora) and Drizella (Breanna), such as when they and their mom, wearing their best resting bitch faces, came to Christine's going away party acting like they were visiting a leper colony. Or maybe Ysabel heard how they acted visiting Janelle's RV, or how they treat Savannah. Who among us wouldn't be uncomfortable at Robyn's, nestled inbetween the pill bottles, X-mas village and motorbikes?

You know how shocking it is too see how big other people's little kids became since you saw them last? Robyn is probably shocked at Truely's age because in truth she has only seen her 6-7 times in her life.

When you are around somebody like Kody, you may become desensitized to his outrageous behavior. Maybe since Maddie got some distance from him, seeing things like that knife in the kidney fit, or watching him treat her siblings/mothers like trash he is putting in a dumpster, or his complete insensitivity when her child was having a limb amputation, made her think, "hoo-boy, we should exercise caution letting this man around our family.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

23 hours ago, TN-peach said:

What was with the way Robyn was talking about Truely turning 12.  That was just strange. I noticed when Kody was asked about Maddie he said that she stopped calling.  He didn't say anything about him even attempting to call her.  He is such an ass.

When my aunt & uncle got divorced- my cousins were maybe in their pre-teen years. And I remember my uncle saying something like "Well - they never reach out to me" and my Grandma being FURIOUS with him. They are your CHILDREN. They don't need to reach out to you. YOU are the grown up. You never stop trying. And if she blocks you, at least some day - your kids will know that YOU tried. Be the grown up.

• Upvote 13
  • Love 2

On 10/23/2023 at 9:44 PM, Letgo said:

I agree. In all of Kody’s interviews on the show he never seems to take ANY responsibility for the breakups of his marriages. It’s all the fault of his wives, mainly Christine, who doesn’t sound as if she ever had any redeeming character traits in his eyes. Christine insisted that Kody marry her, he was never attracted to her, she was mean to all the sisterwives, she treats Robyn poorly and never tried to accept her, she is turning Janelle against him, she’s turning the kids against him, she’s not loyal to him, etc. Has he ever mentioned that HE might have done anything to contribute to the failure of their relationship? Or that he messed up with the adult children? Kody seems to be obsessed with being respected and wanting loyalty from his wives and kids, no matter what. (Gee, who does that remind me of?) 

I think I figured out a component of Kody's issue with Christine. It is common culty culture to shun a person who leaves or gets kicked out of a cult. Well guess what? Christine left the Brown Family Cult but she was not shunned. In fact, she took most of the family with her and now none are cultists. Except K&R and kids. No wonder Kody is beside himself.

Did anybody listen to Kody's interview on the Mormon Discussions podcast? A few things stood out to me. Remember when Janell said she cannot talk to Kody about Robyn because he thinks she's perfect? Kody invited the MD hosts to watch Robyn from the series beginning so they can see she does nothing wrong. He really does think she is blameless.

Secondly, Kody's sister called him out for that scene where he announced the family was returning to patriarchy and he described her reaction as disloyal. He's still got that loyalty thing going on.

He tells us he is a man of faith (inventing his own religion).  He is an (pseudo) intellectual, quoting books and explaining concepts. He says watching the show makes him feel "shame" and "physically ill". He wants to have behavior that does not cause him shame. He said he could have averted the destruction of his family had he done something different 6-7 years ago but didn't explain.

Best, he won't say about adding new wives, but sang "Froggie goes courting, he did ride, hop, hop, hop" and got all giddy. So make of that what you will.

They took 3 calls. The 1st was a Kody fan. The next caller confronted him about his statement that a bad sister wife takes the children away from their dad. She said, "Isn't that what Robyn did? And asked if Robyn has told the children "their dad is dying of cancer?" Kody said Robyn never kept the children from their Dad, "the children have chosen" but didn't finish his sentence, then said he would not answer further.

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Thank You 2

I wanted to add Kody felt his last big effort to make his polygamist family work was his big house idea. He said he spent "thousands of dollars having the plans drawn out". The failure of this plan was due to who? (Hint - begins with a C and rhymes with pristine). I wonder how Robyn would have wiggled out of living there.

• Upvote 4

I have a lot of thoughts on the last two episodes, but I had to come here just to share that Mitch helping Truly learn how to ride a bike was just lovely. 

"Guys... Truly just needs less voices right now" 

Watching him interact with and encourage her was just so sweet (especially after they showed the flashback to Kody trying to teach her.)

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

I know the show is far behind real life and that Meri has left Kody but geez louise lady get a clue.  He said he doesn't see himself in your life.  That's it move on.  You've already legally divorced him years ago... just go. 

Everyone does seem happy at Christine's party. 

Does Robyn have birthday parties for herself and did she invite Christine?! Why would Robyn think that Christine would invite her to her birthday party?! Other than she really thinks that the viewer might feel sorry for her for being left out. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

11 hours ago, TN-peach said:

I know the show is far behind real life and that Meri has left Kody but geez louise lady get a clue.  He said he doesn't see himself in your life.  That's it move on.  You've already legally divorced him years ago... just go. 

Everyone does seem happy at Christine's party. 

Does Robyn have birthday parties for herself and did she invite Christine?! Why would Robyn think that Christine would invite her to her birthday party?! Other than she really thinks that the viewer might feel sorry for her for being left out. 

The high school is performing Beauty and the Beast. Gaston bullying Lefou reminds me of Meri bullying Jen on that "What are these? Circles!!! I hate circles!" exchange (even though I think TLC told Me to to amp it up to make the remodeling more interesting).

Boy their old family gatherings must have had a lot of tension because there are always comments how much more pleasant their parties are now.

I feel TLC thinks we will watch anything so they are dragging us through a season with sparse real content.

• Upvote 5

On 11/9/2023 at 10:08 AM, TN-peach said:

So it's interesting to me watching her come so so so slowly to the realization it's over snf that they finally mentioned the catfishing, but never discuss how that led to the dissolution of their marriage. I'm guessing Kody was over her when that happened. She plays the victim in all this but never acknowledges how much that situation destroyed things.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

I think Kody was over Meri before the catfish.  He legally divorced her to legally marry Robyn no matter what pack of lies they told Meri.  

• Upvote 10

56 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

I think Kody was over Meri before the catfish.

I agree Kody was over Meri before the catfishing incident. Before Robyn came on the scene, I think Meri was aggravating to some extent to Kody because she didn't get along with Janelle and Christine, and it caused some friction and fights. Kody had the best of both worlds he could get the greeting he loved from all his younger children he had with Janelle and Christine that were thrilled to see him every night when he got home from work, and retreat to the less chaotic, more relaxed, clean and tidy portion of Meri's home. Janelle and Christine had a ton of children, lots of younger children they didn't have much time to be fussing over Kody. Meri had Leon, and as Leon got older and more independent, Meri could focus on Kody. I bet Meri made an effort to do things to please Kody, cook his favorite meals on his nights with her, keep his favorite snacks on hand, be available for any trips he wanted to take. 

Then Robyn joined the family, and Kody was having some real fun. Meri's child Leon is now in either later middle school or high school, and past the point of being thrilled dad is home, and more focused on their life: school, activities, friends, etc. Robyn was smart and made sure her kids adored Kody and made a real big fuss over him every time he came over and insisted her children were respectful to Kody. I think while Kody's marriage to Meri at that point was more performative with Robyn he was in love and having fun. I think Meri's jealousy and insecurity got worse with Robyn after a while. Robyn was younger, slimmer, more fertile, and I doubt Kody was interested in reassuring Meri, and sick of hearing Meri's comments. 

I think Kody wanted to up appearances with Meri. He was a public face of trying to normalize polygamy, and certainly didn't want people seeing any dysfunction. I don't think emotionally he wasn't that invested in the relationship before the catfishing incident, and most certainly not after. Then Meri embarrassed him publicly and he was done with trying. I think we was willing to keep up a pretense, but I think he really wanted Meri to leave him. He would be the good guy whose wife had the emotional affair, it wasn't his fault, y'all he was the victim in this, but she stayed. Meri is by no means perfect, but season after season Kody showed a side that made viewers sympathetic to Meri, and Kody was all WTF how did this happen I'm still the victim here, she had the emotional affair, she is way more wrong than me. While viewers are willing to say an emotional affair isn't something they condone, viewers also said Kody isn't an innocent victim who did nothing wrong. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic