IGNORED

Sister Wives 8: And Another One Down, Another One Bites the Dust?

Coconut Flan

Continued from here:

Christine is long gone, Meri was ousted yet stays in the neighborhood, and now Janelle is rumored to have cut ties.  Where will the SW be at the end of this season and IRL?  Do anything them have any AUB beliefs remaining?

• Upvote 6

I thought Paedon said recently Janelle had not left. 

I would start watching again if they had to hunt for a new sister wife. Robyn’s meltdown would be glorious. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4

I read a rumor this morning that the previews for the episode next Sunday says she's separated from Kody.  She recently changed her status.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Now that I've watched the episode, the preview does have them both saying they are separated.  Now what exactly does separated mean for two people who were never legally married and who have left the church where they were "spiritually married."  Does it mean they just up and parted ways?  Perhaps they mean they are going to go back to Utah to the AUB and try to get a church divorce?  Does it sit better with Kody to know Janelle has left him, but is willing to say separated since he despises the word divorced so much?  I don't know, but surely he had zero hang-ups about legally divorcing Meri.

Kody says Robyn is the only good communicator in the family.  She does blather some stuff resembling psycho babble and in it tells Kody what he's thinking and oh so sweetly sympathizes with him for all he's suffered.  The one thing I see Robyn being good at doing is an amazing snow job on Kody.

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 11
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1

I believe they are using the term "separated" because it gives some plot lines for the next season... we will see footage of the separation as well as their attempts to try to see if they can work it out.  We all know what the outcome will be/is.  

Janelle has always been my favorite, so I will especially enjoy seeing her flight to freedom.

This season I have enjoyed watching Christine's non-reactions to Kody and his frustration at not getting a reaction.  I have equally enjoyed Janelle's facial expressions in reaction to anything Robin says, as well as her complete ignoring of Robin at times as if she isn't even in the same room yard.  I hope next season shows us more of the same from both Christine and Janelle and more of the "true" Kody and Robyn getting exposed.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 3

Ok, maybe this is just me but how are Robyn and Kody not embarrassed by their behavior?  Now I realize in the moment of arguments and such you might act out but how do they not watch this and be like, oh wow I am an arse. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

I want to know when the tell-all was filmed.  Long enough ago that it's possible that Janelle and Kody patched things up and are back together?  (I don't think they are... but who knows with Janelle).

• Upvote 2

Some people are saying the tell all was filmed October, 2022.  I have no factual knowledge.

• Upvote 3

Janelle's most recent posts have been at Logan's place. I wonder if her and Savannah are staying with him now.

• Upvote 2

Ok so off the last episode and the preview, it is pretty obvious that Janelle has separated.. woohoo go Janelle 

why oh why is someone not saying back to Kody, loyalty and respect is a two way street. He can pick up the phone and communicate with his adult children. I want to throw things at the Tele when I watch this idiot Kody on. 

• Upvote 8

I’d just like to publicly thank Janelle for making an excellent choice. She’s properly prioritizing herself and her children. She’s also managed to save my television screen, and I appreciate that as well.

Anyone else think Kody had been drinking before the big sit down? He was slurring his words and not completing his thoughts. He’s always very emotional, but he was also extra-angry and shout-y there. And he kept referencing alcoholics, which was...odd.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, Jrodseyeliner said:

Ok so off the last episode and the preview, it is pretty obvious that Janelle has separated.. woohoo go Janelle 

why oh why is someone not saying back to Kody, loyalty and respect is a two way street. He can pick up the phone and communicate with his adult children. I want to throw things at the Tele when I watch this idiot Kody on. 

I feel a little sad. Janell always genuinely seemed to, well, like and (dear God) enjoy Kody. She seemed to experience him as a person, as opposed to me who objectifies him and says, well there goes old Crazy Town McRagey Pants, running his ugly mouth. So when Kody rants, she is able to translate his words and behavior into understandable emotions, such as "oh, he is grieving".

I think it is a big loss to Kody to lose someone who seems to understand him and enjoys his company, because there can't be too many that do. She always says he was such a good dad when the kids were little and appeared to admire him. It sickens me he did not reciprocate her affection and has no emotional attachment to her or their kids.

• Upvote 15
  • Love 1

52 minutes ago, Cults-r-us said:

I feel a little sad. Janell always genuinely seemed to, well, like and (dear God) enjoy Kody. She seemed to experience him as a person, as opposed to me who objectifies him and says, well there goes old Crazy Town McRagey Pants, running his ugly mouth. So when Kody rants, she is able to translate his words and behavior into understandable emotions, such as "oh, he is grieving".

I think it is a big loss to Kody to lose someone who seems to understand him and enjoys his company, because there can't be too many that do. She always says he was such a good dad when the kids were little and appeared to admire him. It sickens me he did not reciprocate her affection and has no emotional attachment to her or their kids.

Yes! This!  Even in this last episode when it was just Kody and Jenell together in the apartment it was apparent they liked each other and seemed to get along.  I think they always had a good relationship together... before he went and got himself a favorite wife.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Well it looks like Kody Brown is finally "officially" getting the monogamous marriage that he's wanted for the last 13 years. 

I hope that prior to separating/parting ways that Janelle was able to get a good return on her financial investments into the family.

I would love to see a "sister ex wives" spinoff of Christine and Janelle because I think they may have the most functional partnership of anyone.

I also hope that Robyn's kids (mostly Aurora and Brianna) are able to get some good therapy because you know they have been fed a pack of lies about how no one loves them and that all the other kids don't like them. They must be feeling some sense of abandonment especially since they saw a "functional" family in Vegas. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

Yes! This!  Even in this last episode when it was just Kody and Jenell together in the apartment it was apparent they liked each other and seemed to get along.  I think they always had a good relationship together... before he went and got himself a favorite wife.

Oh, that Kody! He is so destructive.

I think Kody's rejection of Christine was specific when he wed Robin. He went from having a relationship with her to pointedly rejecting her. But he continued to get along with Janell. When Kody and Janell met at a restaurant for lunch, Janell started by sincetely saying, "this is fun", expecting to enjoy their date. Alas, presently it was not fun when Janell saw Kody's face and he began his hateful, angry diatribe.

Kody should have looked in his wallet before running off his worker bees. He likes Robyn because she is helpless and  makes him feel strong and  authoritative. But the cost of this  is a wife whose dependence  generates no income and cannot manage normal household duties without domestic help.

• Upvote 15

I’ve always seen Janelle and Kody as more of a partnership and friendship than as a romantic relationship. I even noticed that in the beginning of the show. Janelle was the one he likely went to with financial/work topics. She was the solid rock he could always lean on. She rarely got emotional with him. She was always more understanding and probably a good sounding board for him. But he has focused way too much on Robyn and progressively left Janelle with less and less over the years. Eventually a person just gets tired of putting all the effort in and realizes it’s no longer a marriage if Kody just isn’t trying at all. 

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 6

17 hours ago, saywhat7 said:

Ok, maybe this is just me but how are Robyn and Kody not embarrassed by their behavior?  Now I realize in the moment of arguments and such you might act out but how do they not watch this and be like, oh wow I am an arse. 

You'd have to have self awareness for that and it's clear they have none. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 7

Kody reminds me a bit Of Teal Swan in The Deep Documentary. How fully mask off they present themselves knowing they are being filmed. They both believe they have been genuinely wronged and that viewers will side with them. 

• Upvote 2

Someone caught this in a sneak peak.  So at least one part of the tell all was filmed in September:

image.thumb.png.681db8ebaa614bfaf6a3cd207c955ae8.png

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 10

People magazine says Kody and Janelle have officially split. Kody says he’s divorced from Christine and separated from Janelle. His description is mostly semantics because he was never legally married to either woman. He’s down to one wife now. Will the title of the show change now? Perhaps Kody and Robyn could join the cast of Seeking Sister Wives. Who gets “custody” of the show? Christine and Janelle are more likable and showing them rebuilding their lives would be more interesting than watching Kody and Robyn (and Meri) complain about them destroying the family. 

Edited by Letgo
More speculation
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

I'm curious to see what Meri will do. She's been clinging to Kody for so long that I don't think she knows how to separate herself from him. She also doesn't seem capable of reading social cues because Kody is so clearly finished with her and openly says they have a platonic, not romantic, relationship. That's good and dandy when it was four wives, but now that two have forked off, now it's just Meri sitting by the sidelines, watching Kody and Robyn? It's suddenly a lot more creepy and sad than it was before, and that's saying a lot. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 4

I’m wondering if Meri will give up publicly on Kody now. She’s a third wheel in his marriage to Robyn. I can’t see him ever coming back to her. Meri has her Lula Ro (sp?) business and her B & B. There is nothing keeping her in Flagstaff. There is only Robyn’s family left there so Meri could live elsewhere and visit. Time to sell the property, Kody, and divide the proceeds. Robyn and Kody own their house so why bother with 5 lots they can’t afford? 

• Upvote 8

4 minutes ago, viii said:

I'm curious to see what Meri will do. She's been clinging to Kody for so long that I don't think she knows how to separate herself from him. She also doesn't seem capable of reading social cues because Kody is so clearly finished with her and openly says they have a platonic, not romantic, relationship. That's good and dandy when it was four wives, but now that two have forked off, now it's just Meri sitting by the sidelines, watching Kody and Robyn? It's suddenly a lot more creepy and sad than it was before, and that's saying a lot. 

What’s interesting when thinking about the dynamics is that Meri and Robyn do seem to be closer than Robyn with any of the other wives. It’s easy for Meri and Robyn to have a common enemy (first Christine, then Janelle). But what will happen when there isn’t a common enemy sister wife? My guess is that Meri will get tired of it. And eventually leave. But she probably isn’t confident enough to do it just yet. She will probably have to find some guy to run to. 

• Upvote 9

Ok, so next question/comment. Do you think Robyn and Kody know how disliked they are by their viewers? Does Robyn realize that she isn't coming off as innocent and perfect?

• Upvote 9

25 minutes ago, saywhat7 said:

Ok, so next question/comment. Do you think Robyn and Kody know how disliked they are by their viewers? Does Robyn realize that she isn't coming off as innocent and perfect?

I think Robyn will at least hear through the grapevine how the audience is reacting to them. She may not go looking for online forums bashing her but I’m sure she will hear about it. And I wouldn’t be surprised at all if she tried to look better in the next season. I think that’s what Kim Plath did. She saw how poorly she was received by the audience in the first and second season of Welcome to Plathville. And decided to play to the camera so she would be more likable. 

• Upvote 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic