IGNORED

Sister Wives 8: And Another One Down, Another One Bites the Dust?

Coconut Flan

I hope Christine's fiancée is really wonderful to her and not just in comparison to Kody. The bar is so low. Christine really deserves to be happy and I very much wish that this will work out for her. I'm guessing Kody is seething which is just an added bonus. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I genuinely believe her. Poly Marriage to Kody always seemed like a huge chore for most of his wives. They put so much effort into something that never came naturally to them. Mostly because of how Kody treated them and the family. I’m sure it’s crazy to her to be in a relationship with so much enjoyment without it being a constant struggle. 

Oh, I believe her too and I’m living for this. It’s a huge slap in the face to Kody. 

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think Kody’s parents were monogamous for a lot of his childhood. I believe his parents didn’t go poly until he was an older teen. So he wasn’t fully raised in it. So you would think he had a choice to stay monogamous or go poly. 

I thought Kody became a polygamist first before his father did. Didn't Janelle marry Kody and then her mother married Kody's dad?

I might have the timeline wrong on this.

• I Agree 1

9 minutes ago, waltraute said:

I thought Kody became a polygamist first before his father did. Didn't Janelle marry Kody and then her mother married Kody's dad?

Almost, but backwards. Kody’s dad married Janelle’s mom before K married Janelle. 
My impression has been that Kody learned to be a bad dad from his own father. His dad turned polygamist, then Kody got his “revelations.” That he married Janelle, recently divorced and entwined with his family, makes me believe he was trying to win his dad’s approval. 
And it’s all very much part of their religion. Hard to calculate what role that played.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Kody's parents converted while he was on his mission with the mainstream LDS church. I'm sure he didn't want to be seen as less devout and was more open to being swayed to fundamentalism.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

I’m sure religion played a part of it but he was also young and the idea of having sex with multiple women helped sway him too.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

49 minutes ago, Botkinetti said:

I’m sure religion played a part of it but he was also young and the idea of having sex with multiple women helped sway him too.

That has to be part of it for some men. In mainstream LDS, you only have sex with one person for your entire life. And I’m sure many men don’t see that as appealing. So their way of getting to have sex with more than one person is polygamy. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That has to be part of it for some men. In mainstream LDS, you only have sex with one person for your entire life. And I’m sure many men don’t see that as appealing. So their way of getting to have sex with more than one person is polygamy. 

Certainly the case for Joseph Smith who concealed his many "celestial marriages", including those to young females from his legal wife Emma.  He pretty much broke every rule for celestial marriage that he wrote into LDS doctrine.  Basically, he was a horn dog.

Edited by gustava
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

On 4/13/2023 at 9:48 AM, viii said:

Those are some pretty bold claims for somebody who was married for 26 years. Kody must be seething. 

Did you see that Sun article from "sources" (ahem, Robyn/Cody) saying Christine wants to be married so she can be like them because she always envied Robyn? (I, myself, was just sitting here wearing $200 flipflops and wishing I could get married to my "king" and be like Robyn). In this article, the "source" was butthurt Christine didn't tell R/K or the other wives (who, spoiler alert, are no longer sister wives). 

Leave it to those two to make Christine's engagement all about them. And it seems they are in denial that she is out of the family.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 9

• 2 weeks later...

Meri may be leaving Flagstaff. The house she was renting has been listed for rent on Zillow, with an increase in price, of course. I can’t see why she’d move to another rental in the area when there isn’t much keeping her in Arizona. She can sell LuLaRoe anywhere, right? So, back to Las Vegas? Parawon? Somewhere else in Utah? Wherever Leon is? 

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, Letgo said:

Meri may be leaving Flagstaff. The house she was renting has been listed for rent on Zillow, with an increase in price, of course. I can’t see why she’d move to another rental in the area when there isn’t much keeping her in Arizona. She can sell LuLaRoe anywhere, right? So, back to Las Vegas? Parawon? Somewhere else in Utah? Wherever Leon is? 

Where is Leon?

Meri with Kody along was seen about halfway to Parowan with a moving truck.  She's gone back to Utah.  

Leon is supposedly in Colorado last location update.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

On 4/26/2023 at 9:58 AM, Coconut Flan said:

Meri with Kody along was seen about halfway to Parowan with a moving truck.  She's gone back to Utah.  

Leon is supposedly in Colorado last location update.

Meri and the 'Doosh sure look happy. Maybe a new storyline is Kody started going to Parawon to "help" Meri with her B&B and get a break from Robyn?

• Haha 2

I just binged Gwendlyn reacting to the last season. It was interesting to watch her progression. She definitely starts out not trying to shit talk Kody too much. I mean, she talks about him not being a good dad, but she'll mix in trying to empathise with him and mentioning how he seems to be trying to be better now. But by the "Knife in the kidneys" meltdown she's clearly run out of fucks to give for him. 

Some things that stood out: 

At the time of Ysabel's surgery, Gwendlyn says she didn't think much of Kody not being there because she never expected it in the first place. She said that on reflection though, the fact that she was so used to his absence at that point it didn't phase her for him to skip his daughters surgery is pretty sad. She was also pretty upset later on when Kody tries to justify missing it saying he couldn't be away from his family for that long, saying what I think we were all thinking, "Ysabel is his family!"

While discussing Gabe and Garrison cutting contact with Kody, Gwendlyn talks about how Kody had always favored the boys, so she's used to not being preferred by their dad, but for them it's new.

It also just struck me how empathetic Gwendlyn is. Even during Kody and Robin's worsts she still tried to empathize with what he might be feeling. 

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 3

On 4/13/2023 at 10:11 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think Kody’s parents were monogamous for a lot of his childhood. I believe his parents didn’t go poly until he was an older teen. So he wasn’t fully raised in it. So you would think he had a choice to stay monogamous or go poly. 

Winn married his second wife when Kody was on his Mission. He went home and found a new way to make dear ol' dad happy with him and decided to also be plyg. His dad was annoyed with and didn't seem to much like him for basically his entire life. Getting multiple women, and it being okay with God, as well as making Daddy happy were great draws. 

On 4/13/2023 at 12:28 PM, waltraute said:

Janelle and her mom went to Winn's ranch because Janelle's mom didn't approve of polygamy and wanted to be sure that Janelle wasn't getting into some horrible cult thing. 

She ended up falling in love with Winn and marrying him a few weeks before Kody married Janelle.

She was his third wife. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

20 minutes ago, RainbowSky said:

Winn married his second wife when Kody was on his Mission. He went home and found a new way to make dear ol' dad happy with him and decided to also be plyg. His dad was annoyed with and didn't seem to much like him for basically his entire life. Getting multiple women, and it being okay with God, as well as making Daddy happy were great draws. 

Janelle and her mom went to Winn's ranch because Janelle's mom didn't approve of polygamy and wanted to be sure that Janelle wasn't getting into some horrible cult thing. 

She ended up falling in love with Winn and marrying him a few weeks before Kody married Janelle.

She was his third wife. 

Winn sounds a lot like Kody 😬

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Winn sounds a lot like Kody 😬

Winn was a hard working, no nonsense dude who didn't think much of Kody. He didn't want to do the ranch work, he loves to be the center of attention etc and his dad was like "Ugh". It seems to have shaped how Kody is for sure. It definitely did in some ways. 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, RainbowSky said:

Winn was a hard working, no nonsense dude who didn't think much of Kody. He didn't want to do the ranch work, he loves to be the center of attention etc and his dad was like "Ugh". It seems to have shaped how Kody is for sure. It definitely did in some ways. 

Hahaha. I am thinking Winn's assessment of Kody is equal to my assessment of Katy Joy. Holy cow. I suspect she felt a lack of meaning in her life of stalking and meddling and periodically getting sued for same. She was bagging on Jinger V.'s making money writing a book calling out Gothard but doing nothing to help women escape the IBLP. Unlike she, Katy Joy, the patron saint of women trapped in polygamy, who has found a purpose in helping women escape. Not that Katy Joy hasn't made a mint exploiting everyone's lives. I am finding it insufferable.

• Upvote 3

On 5/2/2023 at 4:31 PM, RainbowSky said:

She was his third wife. 

Thanks. My recollection was that Janelle got involved before her mother did but I was incorrect about the order of the marriages. I did not realize that she was his 3rd wife.

• Upvote 1

On 4/26/2023 at 12:26 AM, Letgo said:

Meri may be leaving Flagstaff. The house she was renting has been listed for rent on Zillow, with an increase in price, of course.

She moved out of that house years ago (I've been seeing it listed on VRBO as a vacation rental for a while now). Apparently, she barely spent time in Flagstaff unless they were filming.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2023 at 12:00 AM, indianabones said:

She moved out of that house years ago (I've been seeing it listed on VRBO as a vacation rental for a while now). Apparently, she barely spent time in Flagstaff unless they were filming.

Wow, I never heard that. So where would she stay in Flagstaff? Does she run her LuLaRoe business out of Parowan, Utah? Meri seemed to be very disapproving of Christine leaving but she left first! Not that I blame her. Kody was clear there was no future for their relationship. I think there has always been SO much going on behind the scenes, away from the cameras, in this family. I’m very curious how the show will present the breakdown of the families/relationships in the upcoming season. 

9 hours ago, Letgo said:

Wow, I never heard that. So where would she stay in Flagstaff? Does she run her LuLaRoe business out of Parowan, Utah? Meri seemed to be very disapproving of Christine leaving but she left first! Not that I blame her. Kody was clear there was no future for their relationship. I think there has always been SO much going on behind the scenes, away from the cameras, in this family. I’m very curious how the show will present the breakdown of the families/relationships in the upcoming season. 

She rented a house closer to downtown and was in town during filming season, from what I've heard.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

On 5/4/2023 at 2:27 AM, waltraute said:

Thanks. My recollection was that Janelle got involved before her mother did but I was incorrect about the order of the marriages. I did not realize that she was his 3rd wife.

The second one is an artist. She didn't want anything to do with the show, understandably! 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

• 1 month later...

I’m being incredibly petty and childish right now. But I saw a preview for sister wives next season. And Janelle says “Fuck you” to Kody and I laughed like a little kid. I am not a fan of that phrase between two partners. It doesn’t actually do anything to help. But Kody hasn’t been a partner to her in a long time. So I can’t help but think it must’ve felt rather good for Janelle to say that to him. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 7

• Coconut Flan locked this topic