IGNORED

Sister Wives 8: And Another One Down, Another One Bites the Dust?

Coconut Flan

On 12/19/2023 at 8:43 AM, TN-peach said:

I saw an interesting tiktok from (I think she was a therapist but someone else shared the video so I couldn't see who it was) basically saying that this tactic by Robyn is typical behavior when someone has gone no contact/low contact.  They demand/manipulate the situation so that an in person meeting is the only way for there to be a resolution to their own feelings.  And that is so true in this case.  Robyn - the other ex-wives have said "we are happy for you, go and be happy." But she can't accept that because she can't manipulate their emotions when it is not in person.  Robyn you are in the one in charge of your own feelings not the other wives.  They have released you - GO!

I think it's a way for Robyn to insert herself into and revive a situation that is OVER (thank God) and invent storyline to supplement drone footage on the show.

• Upvote 6

On 12/19/2023 at 7:43 AM, TN-peach said:

I saw an interesting tiktok from (I think she was a therapist but someone else shared the video so I couldn't see who it was) basically saying that this tactic by Robyn is typical behavior when someone has gone no contact/low contact.  They demand/manipulate the situation so that an in person meeting is the only way for there to be a resolution to their own feelings.  And that is so true in this case.  Robyn - the other ex-wives have said "we are happy for you, go and be happy." But she can't accept that because she can't manipulate their emotions when it is not in person.  Robyn you are in the one in charge of your own feelings not the other wives.  They have released you - GO!

Surviving Sister Wives talked about this on the podcast today too! I need to find this tik tok video. 

If Robyn did her her in person validation I wonder what her next demand would be? 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, LacyMay said:

Surviving Sister Wives talked about this on the podcast today too! I need to find this tik tok video. 

If Robyn did her her in person validation I wonder what her next demand would be? 

I wish i knew who actually posted it.  It was one of those that say Susie posted but "Sister Wives Fan Club" reposted but didn't tag or name Susie anywhere.  Because I would have loved to have looked at her other commentary. 

• Upvote 1

I have managed to avoid Sister Wives until this past season. I just wanted to know if Sobbin Robyn ever produces real tears. She's just pathetic. 

• I Agree 4

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

I have managed to avoid Sister Wives until this past season. I just wanted to know if Sobbin Robyn ever produces real tears. She's just pathetic. 

As I understand, longtime viewers think that maybe the only time her tears were real were the "purity"s speech and th time she gave Kody a picture of her three older kids when the were younger with him in it revising history.  And she used one of Christine's pictures as the base. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

So Robin "won" Cody all for herself, and yet wants them to not only wish them the best, but to do it in person? Did I understand that right? She's a piece of work. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

What do we know about Robyn's ex? I bet he's a better man than Kootie. Low bar, of course. 

I don’t think we will ever know the full truth about Robyn and David’s relationship. You know the saying there are three sides to every story, Robyn’s side, David’s side, and the truth. Who knows whose side more closely aligns with the truth. Robyn legally separated from Robyn in 2009, and joined the Brown family in 2010, so she quickly had the weight of TLC behind her, and he was just one man.

This article gives a pretty good oversight with the little information available. One thing that would go against David, and could possibly support Robyn’s claims (given we have no information, and I’m not looking for the police report) David Jessop was allegedly arrested for “partner or family member assault causing bodily injury” January 12, 2018. The charge was amended to disorderly conduct on August 31, 2018. Jessop was ordered to pay fines. In February 2023, it was revealed that Jessop was battling Chronic Myeloid Leukemia, and his sister started a GoFundMe.

I'm adding the GoFundMe link so you can see it, although it is linked in the article above. The GoFundMe says is married and his wife and is stay at home mom who homeschools their four children. 

Edited by ifosterkittens
Added GoFundMe link
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

36 minutes ago, ifosterkittens said:

I don’t think we will ever know the full truth about Robyn and David’s relationship. You know the saying there are three sides to every story, Robyn’s side, David’s side, and the truth. Who knows whose side more closely aligns with the truth. Robyn legally separated from Robyn in 2009, and joined the Brown family in 2010, so she quickly had the weight of TLC behind her, and he was just one man.

This article gives a pretty good oversight with the little information available. One thing that would go against David, and could possibly support Robyn’s claims (given we have no information, and I’m not looking for the police report) David Jessop was allegedly arrested for “partner or family member assault causing bodily injury” January 12, 2018. The charge was amended to disorderly conduct on August 31, 2018. Jessop was ordered to pay fines. In February 2023, it was revealed that Jessop was battling Chronic Myeloid Leukemia, and his sister started a GoFundMe.

I'm adding the GoFundMe link so you can see it, although it is linked in the article above. The GoFundMe says is married and his wife and is stay at home mom who homeschools their four children. 

I am laughing. It’s believable when she talks about how painful her first marriage was, but then she says that she was going to be more cautious, more careful, in her next relationship.

Enter Kody. With three wives and a gazillion kids. And a TLC contract.

What could go wrong…

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, marmalade said:

Maybe once in a while, while daintily dabbing her eyes, she accidentally poked one and it waters.

• Haha 9

I had to watch the Talk Back and Look Back episodes as bootleg episodes on YouTube.

Robyn had no desire to participate in the Talk Back episode.  Kody and Robyn couldn't keep the story straight - was Kody super sick with Covid or was he super helpful?!  I loved Meri's comment ''she is not wrong" regarding Christine's comments about Kody being sick.  Meri and Christine reacting to Meri's "turkey" comments reactions was great but Kody and Robyn playing dumb was well dumb.  Kody still believes that Christine is the evil one. 

The Look Back episode neither Robyn and Kody cannot admit that they did anything wrong about anything.  See their response to the wedding dress look back. Meri just needs to admit that Kody left her a long time ago and she was ready to leave.  Stop denying the catfish. Robyn cannot seem to let go of the idea that teenagers weren't too excited that she was having baby. It never occurred to her that teenagers are grossed out by the idea that their parents having sex, that they didn't want to have another mouth to feed, that this was just another change in their life after months of momentous changes - they are numb by now. 

My opinions of the 4 adults didn't change at all during these special episodes, it just confirmed it.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

I'm not sure how I ever started watching this show, but I am ready to stop.  I watched Look Back but was too disgusted to continue with Talk Back.  Kody and Robyn are just two disgusting individuals and deserve each other.  They make me sick.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, kittykay said:

I'm not sure how I ever started watching this show, but I am ready to stop.  I watched Look Back but was too disgusted to continue with Talk Back.  Kody and Robyn are just two disgusting individuals and deserve each other.  They make me sick.

Maybe over exposure to chemicals in hair care products have added Kody's brain. Kody, man of love, loves whom he loves, therefore it is reasonable he abuses those he loves not. It's as simple as that. Don't you get to be mean and nasty to people you don't love?

But what on earth does he think love is? Besides a permission slip to treat the OG's like 3 dog turds on the bottom of his shoe that get to ride along until he scrapes them off. After all, they do not deserve his great love!

His love for Robyn seems to have arisen from a place where lust and obsession intersect, with the chef's kiss being Robyn's ego stroking and manipulation of his mind and will. Kody seems more invested in their relationship than Robyn because he has put all his eggs in one basket, so he doubles down defending their great love (which we all see as transactional).

Janell said Kody and Robyn are more alike and it is easier for him to be around her. What do they have in common? Lying, shopping, isolating their family and grievance collecting. Of course Robyn is still mad at the kids for not being happy with her pregnancy announcement.  Kody, too, has a long list of slights to keep him riled up.

Sometimes couples bring out the best in each other, or at least provide checks and balances, such when one spouse saves and the other spends. But K&R just encourage each other's toxicity and excess. They spend the family money like drunken sailors with no consideration of fairness. It's too bad they didn't see the show as a Season of Life/Window of Opportunity like JB and invest their earnings and time into being able to earn a living when the show ends 

• Upvote 7

On 12/26/2023 at 10:27 AM, TN-peach said:

Robyn cannot seem to let go of the idea that teenagers weren't too excited that she was having baby. It never occurred to her that teenagers are grossed out by the idea that their parents having sex, that they didn't want to have another mouth to feed, that this was just another change in their life after months of momentous changes - they are numb by now. 

Imagine not only being forced to think about having sex. But being forced to think about your dad having sex with multiple wives. Oh and knowing that he's going to be spending even less time with you. I'm surprised the teenagers managed to react as well as they did. 

The fact that Robyn still can't get over it is just tiresome. Of course her kids seem to be a little emotionally stunted, they are being raised by a teenaged mean girl stuck in the body of a 45 year old and her wannabe cool guy Husband. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

I see the Browns similar to divorced people with kids blending their families and having more kids. I had to deal with the blending of families when I was a kid and it was hard. I think most people would agree if they’ve gone through it too. In blended families, teens may not be super excited to have a new half brother on the way. That’s pretty normal. Their family doesn’t seem that unusual now that they are all monogamous. It’s just Kody and his three ex wives. There are plenty of men out there with kids with 4 different women. But the numbers are usually lower. Like one kid with each woman. 

2 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

Do you all think the show is over for good? Like what in the world would the content be? 

They have had their highest ratings with the last couple of seasons. I don’t think the show is going anywhere. TLC keeps the money making shows as long as possible. Look at Jon and Kate. They offered Jon big money after he and Kate divorced to keep doing the show. He said no so they did Kate plus 8. The Duggars were canceled but TLC made Counting on so they could keep making money. It doesn’t matter if there is a divorce, molestations, abuse. TLC will make money off of these families as long as possible. Kody and Robyn need the money because Robyn has never worked outside of the show, they have a huge house, and a nanny. Kody doesn’t work either. So Kody is stuck. He has to keep doing the show even if he’s tired of being the villain. 

• Upvote 7

33 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They have had their highest ratings with the last couple of seasons. I don’t think the show is going anywhere. TLC keeps the money making shows as long as possible. Look at Jon and Kate. They offered Jon big money after he and Kate divorced to keep doing the show. He said no so they did Kate plus 8. The Duggars were canceled but TLC made Counting on so they could keep making money. It doesn’t matter if there is a divorce, molestations, abuse. TLC will make money off of these families as long as possible. Kody and Robyn need the money because Robyn has never worked outside of the show, they have a huge house, and a nanny. Kody doesn’t work either. So Kody is stuck. He has to keep doing the show even if he’s tired of being the villain.

As long as they have good ratings, I think TLC will keep the show going. I just don't see how much longer people are going to keep watching if there is no new content. People have also been very frustrated with the streaming services that have Sister Wives (I think Discovery Plus and Max), because some of the one-on-one episodes weren't posted promptly, episodes used to be released Sunday morning before they aired, and that changed, and the Talk Back and Look Back weren't included in the streaming services, so I think there are some issues. 

Meri has been so boring for so long, and I don't see her coming up with any storyline that would interest viewers. Maybe she could do some smaller stuff for a Youtube channel on stuff at the BnB. Janelle is separated from Kody, and I don't see them reconciling. I don't see Janelle's children filming with Kody, beyond a quick Kody and Savannah grab dinner (nice but boring). I don't see Gabe and Garrison wanting to hash out all their frustrations with Kody on camera, and they may not really want to do that for the cameras with Janelle anymore. The public is on Janelle and her children's sides. Christine has moved on from Kody, she's remarried, so beyond her wedding episodes, not much content there. Mykelti is the only one of her children that seems to want to film, but that can only go so far. You need some conflict for the show to continue as it is now, but at this point it's all old news. Christine, Janelle and Meri have moved on from Kody.

Kody and Robyn aren't going to start openly fighting with each other. I think Robyn is sick of being made a villain and being tied to Kody's negative image. I think Robyn is going to try to rehab her image a bit and put all the problems solely on Kody and create as much distance from them as she can. I think Robyn will limit what is shown of her children (I think she already has drastically reduced what is shown of her children) and keep it as positive or neutral as possible. She doesn't want more backlash. 

Kody has made it clear he doesn't want another sister wife because he has his one true soulmate Robyn. If they don't add a new sister wife, then the show isn't sister wives anymore. It's one monogamous guy with three ex-wives/baby mamas. I've listened to podcast episodes recapping the Talk Back and Look Back episodes and that seemed fun to watch, easy and cheap to produce (low cost for TLC), and a nice addition to the regular season, but it isn't enough new content to keep driving the show. My guess is Kody and Robyn refuse to answer difficult questions or watch clips that directly contradict what they've said, and if they have that much control, we aren't going to get anything good from them. The one big exception is Kody's fight with Janelle, but I've seen people speculate Kody broke the fourth wall and talk directly to the camera maybe in hopes that the footage wouldn't be used or would be edited down, and surprisingly that didn't happen. 

I would love an update on all the adult children, but only if they wished to participate. That wouldn't sustain a season but would be a nice catchup episode. 

• Upvote 2

If Meri starts to date, I could easily see that as a storyline. Along with Janelle. I could also see them focusing on Christine and David’s new marriage. 

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

Robyn's eyebrows could take up an entire episode. She looked so much more normal in the recaps of the earlier seasons.

I love a nice well shaped brow. But it has to look at least a bit natural. There’s nothing natural about the shape of her brows. They distract me. 

It's the shape, the color (to match her dyed hair) ad the painted look all combine to a horror story.  

• I Agree 3

5 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

Do you all think the show is over for good? Like what in the world would the content be? 

Hopefully the says of production spending $500 an episode full of drone footage that is a lot more interesting than patio conversations filmed on iPhones. As a viewer, I felt vaguely ripped off - like we give TLC our time and they give us crap episodes because they expect we will watch anything.

Storylines I would like to see include the Sister Wives take a hard look at where they came from to where they are now, such as, Christine examining how and why she became an activist for polygamy. Are they sorry they encouraged polygamist lifestyle? Is there anybody out there whose decision to became a polygamist because was influenced by the Browns? How has their polygamist culture affected their children? For example, Mykelti was adverse to hospital birth, because Christine was raised to be fearful of "outsiders". And I realize Christine is now rich AF, living in a mcmansion with her dream husband (and I am happy for her), but I would like to see the sister wives somehow toss a life preserver to women trapped in polygamy 

Meri's Lizzie's Inn Haunted Tour was said to be fun. Meri having content like that would be fun plus bolster tourism. I like Meri's friend Jen. It would be good storyline fodder to see Jen and Meri do things, like bike trips.

I liked the hiking and visiting Christine's brothers. 

Hopefully the wives navigating life post polygamy will be more active and interesting than tense patio convos with their ex.

An excellent storyline would be Kody facing his mental health challenges and taking an antidepressant.

• Upvote 3

Part of me thinks the adults that choose to create new content and story lines to keep the show going will do so because they want/need the income from TLC. Obviously, I don't know what financial arrangement Christine and David have, but I've heard David has been pretty successful, and if Christine makes a decent income through Plexus (and given her celebrity status she may), and she owns a home in Salt Lake she might be able to rent out at a profit to her (if she and Truly live at David's home) or sell it, and that might be enough. Christine may choose to be involved with the show on a smaller scale or move forward with her own life. I think Christine has options and isn't as dependent on the TLC paycheck. 

I think it would be wise of Janelle and Meri to collaborate in some capacity to figure out how they can walk away from Kody with the most money possible. They both know the show will end at some point, and other then the lots at Coyote Pass I don't think either of them have other assets with Kody. If I was them, I would consult attorneys and have some financial audits done yesterday. They should not walk away with nothing, or just half of a lot on Coyote Pass. Robyn is the legal wife, and her house with Kody has almost doubled in value (I heard on a podcast but can't confirm). I doubt Robyn plans to divorce Kody now, but I wouldn't be surprised if she has always had a plan to make sure her name is on as many assets as possible so that if she did choose divorce, she wouldn't walk away with debt like she did with her first marriage. 

1 hour ago, Cults-r-us said:

Storylines I would like to see include the Sister Wives take a hard look at where they came from to where they are now, such as, Christine examining how and why she became an activist for polygamy. Are they sorry they encouraged polygamist lifestyle? Is there anybody out there whose decision to became a polygamist because was influenced by the Browns? How has their polygamist culture affected their children? For example, Mykelti was adverse to hospital birth, because Christine was raised to be fearful of "outsiders". And I realize Christine is now rich AF, living in a mcmansion with her dream husband (and I am happy for her), but I would like to see the sister wives somehow toss a life preserver to women trapped in polygamy 

I would to hear Meri, Janelle and Christine answer these types of questions. Robyn doesn't answer questions let alone difficult questions. 

1 hour ago, Cults-r-us said:

An excellent storyline would be Kody facing his mental health challenges and taking an antidepressant.

Unfortunately, I don't see Kody addressing his anger issues and whatever possible challenges he is facing in his real life, and certainly not in his public (on camera) life. If he has some mental health issues, I hope he gets help. Robyn and Kody were happy to show their daughter's panic attacks which surprised and disappointed me (that was not for them to decide to publicize or make a story line), but I doubt they would show something that vulnerable about themselves. 

• Upvote 5

People mag quotes kodouche as saying that he would have to have approval from his church leaders to have initiated severing ties with his "wives."  Talk about passing the buck!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

8 hours ago, gustava said:

People mag quotes kodouche as saying that he would have to have approval from his church leaders to have initiated severing ties with his "wives."  Talk about passing the buck!

They were kicked out the AUB church years ago. Once they were kicked out of the church, I don't think you can say well I need approval from the church leaders anymore; the point it moot. I was raised Catholic, and if I was excommunicated from the church, I don't think I could turn around and say by the way I need an annulment. This doesn't apply to my real life and I'm not married, never been married, and no longer Catholic, and was never excommunicated, but I stand by the point I was trying to make. 

Perhaps early on in the marriages to Meri, Janelle and Christine when they attended church regularly, and practiced their faith I could see that as an argument, but once they moved to Vegas, they stopped attending church, and at some point, they were kicked out. To my knowledge they never joined another church, and in Vegas Kody did a little bit of home church where he was the leader, so talk about a nonsense argument. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic