IGNORED

Jinger Duggar Vuolo 60

samurai_sarah

@JermajestyDuggarSo gross. The fact that Jinger is trying to re-define Christian deconstruction (and discredit deconstruction where folks are no longer religious)  in her book and that many unsuspecting people will read this book thinking this is what deconstruction should be pisses me off. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/11/2023 at 12:46 AM, Jinder Roles said:

@JermajestyDuggarSo gross. The fact that Jinger is trying to re-define Christian deconstruction (and discredit deconstruction where folks are no longer religious)  in her book and that many unsuspecting people will read this book thinking this is what deconstruction should be pisses me off. 

Agreed. It’s fine if this is what her recovery and deconstruction looks like but not everyone has to follow the same path. IMO, the idea that everyone adjusts to the path is a very Gothard and fundamentalist idea.

Edited by Father Son Holy Goat
  • Upvote 6

She doesn't call it deconstruction. It's more like reconstruction in her case, but IIRC, she called it disentanglement. She uses an example of getting gum out of one's hair without having to cut it. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, marmalade said:

She doesn't call it deconstruction. It's more like reconstruction in her case, but IIRC, she called it disentanglement. She uses an example of getting gum out of one's hair without having to cut it. 

I’m sure her ghost writer came up with the disentanglement word, looking for a catchy, inoffensive new way to describe Jinger’s lateral move from one religious cult to another and that would make for clever sound bites. “Lateral” is a word I use intentionally here, because that’s all she did. There was no up or down in the religion hierarchy. It is more of a musical chairs kind of thing—you were sitting here, then oh! now you’re sitting there. Same type of chair, just moved over a seat or two. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 5

45 minutes ago, Cam said:

I’m sure her ghost writer came up with the disentanglement word, looking for a catchy, inoffensive new way to describe Jinger’s lateral move from one religious cult to another and that would make for clever sound bites. “Lateral” is a word I use intentionally here, because that’s all she did. There was no up or down in the religion hierarchy. It is more of a musical chairs kind of thing—you were sitting here, then oh! now you’re sitting there. Same type of chair, just moved over a seat or two. 

Yes, she’s probably happy she can use birth control and wear pants but she will be shamed to stay with Jeremy if he beats her. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 3

On 3/25/2023 at 6:31 PM, Smee said:

90s and early 00s here (in Aus) and YES this is what it was. I knew there were other sins, and in theory they were all bad, but there was this not-necessarily-spoken idea that sexual sin was “the worst”.

Yup - I was born in the mid 70s and my parents got married in the mid-60s They were NOT the free love types - they were the "get a special dispensation from the archdiocese to have meat at your Catholic wedding on a Friday outside of Lent" people. They practically doubled down on their Catholic rigidity. Sex before marriage was the WORST sin you could possibly commit. I was told on a few different occasions that if I kissed my boyfriend before Prom - what would expect AT prom?? Pleasure was NOT to be had - certainly not by yourself and likely not during marriage because sex was SOLELY for the pro-creation of children. 
All kinds of messed up. 

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 1
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, Cam said:

That’s a fantastic analogy!

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

Jinger is shilling the Christian medical bill sharing company in her instagram stories. I think Jessa  has pushed the same one. 

• Disgust 4
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Thank You 2

• 3 weeks later...

I don't remember how I found this person, but I follow former-fundie Heather King on twitter. She often tweets about the problems with Christian home schooling (and other fundie horrors) and she has a long thread about Jinger's book. I think it's an excellent opportunity to learn about Jinger's book through the eyes of someone who grew up in Jinger's world, but now resides in ours.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 8
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, shesinsane said:

I don't remember how I found this person, but I follow former-fundie Heather King on twitter. She often tweets about the problems with Christian home schooling (and other fundie horrors) and she has a long thread about Jinger's book. I think it's an excellent opportunity to learn about Jinger's book through the eyes of someone who grew up in Jinger's world, but now resides in ours.

I like this part:

80808B99-4620-4E70-AD5D-7E4E91DFAA6B.jpeg

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 4

• 3 weeks later...

Holy Moly, Jinger’s current IG reel. She lets it all fly about Gothard and his views on the role of women in our society. I wonder if she is speaking about Jana?

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Holy Moly, Jinger’s current IG reel. She lets it all fly about Gothard and his views on the role of women in our society. I wonder if she is speaking about Jana?

what did she say. 

NVM found it. 

Edited by libgirl2

56 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

She’s seeing how popular the Documentary is and she’s riding that wave now that her book is old news. 

• Upvote 15

11 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She’s seeing how popular the Documentary is and she’s riding that wave now that her book is old news. 

It’s the same stuff she’s been saying in podcast interviews since the book came out.  She has been much harsher in those than she was in the book; my guess is that she knows her family probably isn’t tracking down her podcast tour, as she hasn’t really been advertising it.  I think Jinger is still trying to keep some ties with her family. Jill is over it and doesn’t care anymore.

• Upvote 9

11 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I also wonder if there is a shit-ton of rage and push-back coming from the Duggar compound. Some of it could be flung her way since she has also voiced anything other than the party lines. 

• Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

I also wonder if there is a shit-ton of rage and push-back coming from the Duggar compound. Some of it could be flung her way since she has also voiced anything other than the party lines. 

I doubt it. They are focused on Jill and Derick right now. Jinger is probably still in their good graces. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

what did she say. 

NVM found it. 

no no please do say, I haven't seen it 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Is it possible that she feels more empowered to speak out now that the documentary is out? 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Cam said:

Is it possible that she feels more empowered to speak out now that the documentary is out? 

I can’t help but see Jeremy acting as headship no matter how she frames their relationship. This is speculation but I think he is the type to make her think she has total freedom in their marriage but he heavily influences her choices. So I just imagine him giving her the idea to capitalize on the momentum of the documentary. I guess that’s one similarity between JB and Jerm. They both are thinking about the money/PR all the time. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

no no please do say, I haven't seen it 

Just watched her story:

One clip was from the audiobook version of her book saying that Gothard’s teachings were harmful for people who never married, especially unmarried women, since a woman’s purpose in life is to be a wife and have children. It cuts off there, but I would imagine she goes on to talk about it affecting a woman’s self-worth if they never marry. 

The second clip was from a People magazine interview where she said Bill Gothard put out “harmful teachings” and that story needs to be shared. Again, it cuts off there and I don’t feel like watching the whole interview… but that’s what she chose to clip and put in her Instagram story. 

Edited by Ms. Brightside
  • Thank You 9

I’m certain the producers of the doco would have reached out to her and she (or Jerm) turned it down. Now that they’ve seen how popular it is and how much public support is there for Jill and her book, they’re using it to their advantage. Smart. Jinger has been pretty careful about having it both ways, she’s getting vocal about Gothard but not her family, and the doco was about her family. This way she didn’t have to participate and answer the tough questions about being “encouraged” (beaten) or where the TLC money went, but she can be selective about the parts she does chime in on, and that’s IBLP.

I know the natural train of thought from this stuff about “harmful for unmarried women” is Jana, but personally it makes me wonder if she didn’t want to marry Jerm but felt like she had to because it was her life’s purpose to be a wife and mother. I wonder if she regrets it. But that could be 100% fan fiction.

• Upvote 6

And again, she jumped from one cult that abuses women straight into another one. It’s a little rich coming from her when MacArthur and Piper and their ilk are vile misogynists.  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I can’t help but see Jeremy acting as headship no matter how she frames their relationship. This is speculation but I think he is the type to make her think she has total freedom in their marriage but he heavily influences her choices. So I just imagine him giving her the idea to capitalize on the momentum of the documentary. I guess that’s one similarity between JB and Jerm. They both are thinking about the money/PR all the time. 

I could definitely see Jerm doing that.

2 hours ago, Smee said:

I’m certain the producers of the doco would have reached out to her and she (or Jerm) turned it down. 

The producer who did the AMA on Reddit said they reached out to all the Duggar adults to see if they wanted to participate in the doc. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

16 hours ago, Smee said:

I’m certain the producers of the doco would have reached out to her and she (or Jerm) turned it down. Now that they’ve seen how popular it is and how much public support is there for Jill and her book, they’re using it to their advantage. Smart. Jinger has been pretty careful about having it both ways, she’s getting vocal about Gothard but not her family, and the doco was about her family. This way she didn’t have to participate and answer the tough questions about being “encouraged” (beaten) or where the TLC money went, but she can be selective about the parts she does chime in on, and that’s IBLP.

I know the natural train of thought from this stuff about “harmful for unmarried women” is Jana, but personally it makes me wonder if she didn’t want to marry Jerm but felt like she had to because it was her life’s purpose to be a wife and mother. I wonder if she regrets it. But that could be 100% fan fiction.

I remember reading a rumor years ago that Jim Bob and Jinger got into a public argument and she was saying, “I won’t do it, I won’t” or something along those lines. It might not have been about marriage but this could have been a time when her power was taken away.