IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 47

Coconut Flan

On 2/11/2024 at 11:54 PM, HereticHick said:

Before half of FJ starts jumping on Jason for using a knife and fork, yes that is expected in all the parts of Italy I've been too*--often the pizza isn't precut. (buying 1 slice of street pizza is an exception). I like that he and Elijah are travelling. He actually says intelligent things about the Circus Maximus in the Insta reel. 

Except that the way he holds is fork seems so crazy.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

On 2/14/2024 at 10:46 AM, gustava said:

Wonder if they saw the sexually explicit items at Pompeii??

At least it would be understood better than the LEGO discussion...

• Haha 9
  • Love 1

I live near a park that has a bunch of tanks. Visitors are encouraged to climb on them. This photo is from the park’s website. If there’s not a sign up saying No Climbing, I’d assume it’s okay.

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.af4b0fd0d910b013e2450f8470a8b8ba.jpeg

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

2 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

I live near a park that has a bunch of tanks. Visitors are encouraged to climb on them. This photo is from the park’s website. If there’s not a sign up saying No Climbing, I’d assume it’s okay.

Hide contents

image.thumb.jpeg.af4b0fd0d910b013e2450f8470a8b8ba.jpeg

You live in Austria?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1

1 minute ago, JDuggs said:

No, sorry if I implied that.

As an American who is aware of the complaints often made against Americans as tourists, I would err on the side of caution in other countries. Even if there isn’t a sign not to climb on it, I still wouldn’t. I just hate the idea of looking like a stereotypical dumb American tourist. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

I think they were

You beat me to it! 

Yes, the Bunker Museum allows (and encourages) people to climb on, in, and around several of the tanks.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 6

15 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s so weird James is walking on a random tank in Austria. 

75B7CDE3-A84E-43DE-9CBA-C76C1FF7EADD.jpeg

That picture might be as WTF as anything I've seen in my life, and that includes reading an Ars Technica article about rat "dck".

https://arstechnica.com/science/2024/02/scientists-aghast-at-bizarre-ai-rat-with-huge-genitals-in-peer-reviewed-article/

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kiki03910 said:

That picture might be as WTF as anything I've seen in my life, and that includes reading an Ars Technica article about rat "dck".

Maybe for the same reason? At least he isn't sitting on the barrel and stroking it.

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 10

11 minutes ago, MariaariaM said:

Maybe for the same reason? At least he isn't sitting on the barrel and stroking it.

Oh my god, I just laughed so hard that my cat Custard ran away.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

23 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s so weird James is walking on a random tank in Austria. 

Sitting on it or standing, it does look like a penile extension.

Edited by gustava
clarity
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, gustava said:

And I think that’s where a lot of teenaged boys/young men find the humor.

• Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

On 2/17/2024 at 9:45 AM, gustava said:

I feel stupid now. I didn’t even notice that, I just thought “don’t fall!”. I’m kinda glad that Jason and James are doing their own thing away from the family borg. James was the only one who attended Derick’s graduation so I have some small hope that these two might break free. 

• Upvote 6

On 2/14/2024 at 3:46 PM, gustava said:

Wonder if they saw the sexually explicit items at Pompeii??

Haha, yes, I was thinking the same. And in the Naples museum. So many dangling erect penis ornaments and wall paintings of actual coitus between all genders of people. Wonder what they made of all that.

(actually I've got an awful feeling I might already know... I used to work at an internationally renowned museum that had gallery upon gallery of items from the classical world and the holy lands. We'd get private Christian tour groups through constantly, trooping past these treasures explaining that before Christianity people worshipped SEX and DRUNKENNESS. They weren't there to learn anything, just to confirm their worldview that the classical past - like anything non-Christian - was dirty and amoral. I hated it. There was so much to appreciate and to marvel at but they just came to shit on it.)

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 2

27 minutes ago, AprilQuilt said:

Haha, yes, I was thinking the same. And in the Naples museum. So many dangling erect penis ornaments and wall paintings of actual coitus between all genders of people. Wonder what they made of all that.

(actually I've got an awful feeling I might already know... I used to work at an internationally renowned museum that had gallery upon gallery of items from the classical world and the holy lands. We'd get private Christian tour groups through constantly, trooping past these treasures explaining that before Christianity people worshipped SEX and DRUNKENNESS. They weren't there to learn anything, just to confirm their worldview that the classical past - like anything non-Christian - was dirty and amoral. I hated it. There was so much to appreciate and to marvel at but they just came to shit on it.)

Ugh - I hate when people do that. Your god gave you a neck - turn your head if you want! 
There is SO much in the art world that I don't like - and I do NOT understand the world of fashion at all. But you know what I do? I don't look at it or watch it. I just find something else to look at that I like. Easy peasy. 

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Meggo said:

Ugh - I hate when people do that. Your god gave you a neck - turn your head if you want! 
There is SO much in the art world that I don't like - and I do NOT understand the world of fashion at all. But you know what I do? I don't look at it or watch it. I just find something else to look at that I like. Easy peasy. 

But but.....NIKE!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

23 hours ago, gustava said:

But but.....NIKE!

Don’t think Nike will help. The dress covers the ankles, but I see belly button. And the cleavage! Not having a head is no excuse for not wearing a turtleneck. 

IMG_6341.webp

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 25

1 hour ago, AnywhereButHere said:

Don’t think Nike will help. The dress covers the ankles, but I see belly button. And the cleavage! Not having a head is no excuse for not wearing a turtleneck. 

IMG_6341.webp

It is difficult to focus on her countenance when she doesn't have one.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 32

I went to Pompei on a class trip. 40 or so 14 year olds with a prude teacher and chill chaperones. For some STUPID reason I let one of my male friends borrow my camera for the whole day. It makes for amusingly awkward conversations looking through my old photo album! 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 14

Spoiler

FB85EF4A-F3A6-4A0E-BC86-334D79435601.thumb.jpeg.b0a28b4a0264c3c9da3b1d479049c7e1.jpeg

Very NSFW example hopefully behind the spoiler. Definitely not an angle that I would necessarily have thought to take a photo from…

Edited by Mrs Ms
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 11
  • Love 1

Ee-gads, Mrs.Ms! That looks….bizarre. It’s funny that the arms are broken off but not that thing, as if it were intentionally made of a more nondestructive material so the statue is not robbed of its manhood. Lol.

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 9

Also putting the theory to rest “If you play with “it”, “it” will fall off!” New scare tactic needed for parents trying to stop masturbation.

Pompei as a general rule can work as a punishment warning about what god does to fornicators, but there are a lot of eye traps along the way! Not a place I expect virgin fundie males to feel very comfortable…

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4