IGNORED

Sister Wives 8: And Another One Down, Another One Bites the Dust?

Coconut Flan

Janelle spoke for all of us with that line. 😂

But seriously, he was trying to shout over her, refused to listen, then went barging out, slamming the door behind him. A “fuck you” was warranted. 

• Upvote 10

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m being incredibly petty and childish right now. But I saw a preview for sister wives next season. And Janelle says “Fuck you” to Kody and I laughed like a little kid. I am not a fan of that phrase between two partners. It doesn’t actually do anything to help. But Kody hasn’t been a partner to her in a long time. So I can’t help but think it must’ve felt rather good for Janelle to say that to him. 

I loved the trailer and am excited for the new season.  That said, someone on reddit mentioned that the trailer is probably all of the best moments of the season and they will be dribbled out slowly with way too much filler.  Robyn crying over her lost dream of sitting on a porch was pretty ridiculous.  

• Upvote 9

10 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

I loved the trailer and am excited for the new season.  That said, someone on reddit mentioned that the trailer is probably all of the best moments of the season and they will be dribbled out slowly with way too much filler.  Robyn crying over her lost dream of sitting on a porch was pretty ridiculous.  

That’s exactly why I just watch the online recaps and reaction videos of the episodes. I rarely ever watch an actual episode of the show. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

On 7/13/2023 at 3:28 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m being incredibly petty and childish right now. But I saw a preview for sister wives next season. And Janelle says “Fuck you” to Kody and I laughed like a little kid. I am not a fan of that phrase between two partners. It doesn’t actually do anything to help. But Kody hasn’t been a partner to her in a long time. So I can’t help but think it must’ve felt rather good for Janelle to say that to him. 

Oh man, the season trailer is great! Poor Janell, she is so frustrated trying to have a conversation with the man-baby 'Doosh. Remember when Janell said they had a big fight before Christmas and didn't speak for 3 months? This must have been that fight. And those poor kids! Whose heart doesn't break for those (Robyn, you can have him) kids? Sadly, the answer is Kody. He couldn't give 2 f---s about his children.

And how about Gwendolyn declaring her Patreon as a KJ WOACB hate site? Good for you, Gwendolyn! But pretty brave, because KJ is dangerous.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

8 hours ago, Cults-r-us said:

Oh man, the season trailer is great! Poor Janell, she is so frustrated trying to have a conversation with the man-baby 'Doosh. Remember when Janell said they had a big fight before Christmas and didn't speak for 3 months? This must have been that fight. 

What Christmas was it? 2021 or 2022? It looked more recent based on what little I could go on (hairstyles and weight), but if Janelle talked about the Christmas fight in the tell-all that means it was 2021 and I really wish it was more up to-date!

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

I read the f$ you in People.  I agree that the word resolves nothing, and and also agree that it must have felt good!

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, gustava said:

I read the f$ you in People.  I agree that the word resolves nothing, and and also agree that it must have felt good!

I dunno. To be so angry but believe in the Principle, to have spent 30 years and had 6 kids, to have been so hardworking and loyal to the family brand and in the past to have spoken so highly of Kody and realize you have wasted years with this conscienceless ass has to burn 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4

On 7/13/2023 at 7:09 PM, Cheetah said:

Every time we have to hear that waa waa sister-wives-on-the-porch nonsense it is always ridiculous

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 7

8 minutes ago, Cults-r-us said:

Every time we have to hear that waa waa sister-wives-on-the-porch nonsense it is always ridiculous

I agree. Doesn’t she have any sisters of her own? Doesn’t she have any friends? Because I’m monogamous and I am sure I could get together with my sister, cousin, and close friends when we are old and sit on our rocking chairs. Watching our grandkids run around in the yard. Hell we do that now with our actual kids. You don’t have to be a polygamist to have close female friends or family members to have your kids and grandkids grow up with. 

• Upvote 12

Mykelti posted pictures on Instagram from Gwen and Bea's wedding, and from what little I've seen (and from what I read in the comments) it doesn't look like Kody, Robyn, Robyn's kids, Paedon, or Maddie's family were in attendance. Out of that group I'm only surprised Maddie wasn't there, but you can't always make every event. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

As for Robyn's front porch blubbering, I would like Robyn to provide an actual example of an interaction (past or recent) that made her think that was a real possibility and not just something she dreamed up. Robyn didn't advocate for the one house Kody wanted to build which could have facilitated this fantasy. 

Robyn bought that ginormous house in Flagstaff and could have easily hosted a weekly or monthly dinner if it was that important to her to get the crowd together regularly before covid but it happened maybe once for the cameras. Same in Vegas the houses were large if Robyn routinely wanted to get the family together, or at least the kids get a couple folding tables and folding chairs, move the furniture in the family room, set up the folding tables for family dinner, store in the garage when not in use. 

Robyn acts like they had all these positive family interactions and they suddenly vanished, but outside of filming for TLC I don't think they happened. Even when the show first started and Meri, Janelle and Christine lived in the one house they didn't do dinner together every night. They quickly moved to Vegas after the show started filming and did the occasional dinner together, but once again I argue for the cameras. Kody led their home church which they all gathered for weekly, but we don't know how long that lasted, and I think it had long disbanded before they moved to Flagstaff. 

Part of it I think is Robyn's first marriage was a total failure. She got pregnant so she "had" to get married, and the guy turned out to be terrible, and she was left divorced with no education, no skill set, no money, and three young children. She remarries into a family that is trying to show the rest of the world polygamy isn't all Warren Jeffs FLDS there are legal consenting adults who wish to live this way, and that was a message she could get behind, and her chance to "get it right". Plus, she saw a better way to financially provide for her children marrying Kody (TLC money), and at that time Kody appeared to be a very involved father with the younger kids and her kids hadn't had that. Now Kody's has three wives who have left him, strained relationships with several of his children, and Kody questioning polygamy.  Everything Robyn stood for and believed in has crumbled, and the money isn't flowing like it once was. That's what I think Robyn is really crying about. 

• Upvote 7

31 minutes ago, ifosterkittens said:

Mykelti posted pictures on Instagram from Gwen and Bea's wedding, and from what little I've seen (and from what I read in the comments) it doesn't look like Kody, Robyn, Robyn's kids, Paedon, or Maddie's family were in attendance. Out of that group I'm only surprised Maddie wasn't there, but you can't always make every event. 

Maddie is the only one that surprises me too. I'm hoping it's that she has a lot going on with her kids etc and it just wasn't feasible to travel to the wedding and not that she was refusing to go to a same sex wedding. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 6

6 hours ago, ifosterkittens said:

Out of that group I'm only surprised Maddie wasn't there, but you can't always make every event. 

Savannah is at Maddie’s for the summer so she wasn’t there either. Maddie went to Logan’s wedding in October, Savannah’s graduation in May, and a Plexus convention in June (possibly). That’s a lot of travel in less than a year and plane tickets are expensive  right now. Maddie has to travel cross-country, not just run down from Utah like most of the family. School also starts the beginning of August in most southern states, so I’m guessing in addition to saving money for Christine’s wedding, it could have just been inconvenient timing (especially since most of her trips in the last year were probably already planned before Gwen even got engaged).
From the pictures so far, it looks like Gwen’s wedding was a small causal affair (Janelle is wearing olive green slacks and a button-down), so not a big over-the-top affair.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

8 minutes ago, gustava said:

I missed the news about Gwen's wedding.  Who is Bea?

Her new wife. I think they had a much shorter time of engagement than her siblings. The Brown kids who got married in the past seemed to date for quite awhile before engagement and then had longer engagements. I feel like Leon has been engaged forever. 

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Her new wife. I think they had a much shorter time of engagement than her siblings. The Brown kids who got married in the past seemed to date for quite awhile before engagement and then had longer engagements. I feel like Leon has been engaged forever. 

I think Logan and Michelle were engaged for five years and dated for several before that. It does seem like most of the Brown kids have settled down with their first serious partner.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

11 hours ago, DalmatianCat said:

Savannah is at Maddie’s for the summer so she wasn’t there either.

I feel bad I forgot about Savannah, sorry Savannah! Given all the travel you listed for Maddie I would agree you really can't attend everything. 

• Upvote 1

Kody was seen looking grumpy feeding a baby on a sofa at the reception. Robyn was seen in a video clip  playing with her hair on that same couch. No pics of Robyn's kids. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 2

2 minutes ago, Markie said:

Kody was seen looking grumpy feeding a baby on a sofa at the reception. Robyn was seen in a video clip  playing with her hair on that same couch. No pics of Robyn's kids. 

I could easily see that happening. Robyn and Kody sulking on a couch while everyone else has a good time. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

I'm glad Kody went for Gwen. It'd really suck if your dad wouldn't come to your wedding even when you live in the same town. I imagine him and Robyn spent the majority of the time with Mykelti and her family since she's one of the few older kids who doesn't hate Robyn.

I'd guess Paedon wasn't invited.

• Upvote 7

I love the big family pic.. of course it is minus a few but everyone looks great. I love that Janelle’s boys are front and centre being the fun uncles. 
Obviously Paedon isn’t there no surprise, but no pictures of Robyn’s older 3 anywhere. Says it all really doesn’t it. 

Edited by Coconut Flan
text speak
  • Upvote 4

Late last night I saw Christine posted a few pictures and one had Kody in the background on the couch with a child. Perhaps I'm reading too much into it, but I think Christine is acknowledging Kody was there (he wasn't in Mykelti's photos), but he wasn't actively involved with the crowd and not in the big family picture- to me it feels like a statement by Christine. Maybe I'm over analyzing. 

Christine's pictures through ET https://www.etonline.com/kody-brown-attends-daughter-gwendlyns-wedding-among-exes-and-christine-browns-new-fiance-208202

Edited by ifosterkittens
Added ET link

On 7/15/2023 at 6:08 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I agree. Doesn’t she have any sisters of her own? Doesn’t she have any friends? Because I’m monogamous and I am sure I could get together with my sister, cousin, and close friends when we are old and sit on our rocking chairs. Watching our grandkids run around in the yard. Hell we do that now with our actual kids. You don’t have to be a polygamist to have close female friends or family members to have your kids and grandkids grow up with. 

Spoiler! Robyn has no friends or close relatives because she is unable to connect to or support other people other than in a tit for tat relationship such as she has with the 'Doosh.

• Upvote 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic