IGNORED

JinJer and Felicity 42: American Girl (grand)Duggar

Georgiana

2 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/news/jinger-duggar-reveals-what-made-her-cry-in-the-delivery-room/

another article. I thought it would give more details of how the birth went but it really didn’t say much. I guess we’ll hear about when they air the TLC birth special. I think they could air it around the time of their pregnancy reveal on the show, which according to my guide is on Aug 13th

The article says:

Jinger has also been getting a helping hand from sister Jessa Seewald and mom Michelle Duggar. (Both are pros in the parenting department, Jessa has two kids, while Michelle has 20!)

How does she have 20?  Are they counting Jubilee?  Or Tyler?

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rachel333 said:

Historically controversial subject alert: she's barefoot in this picture! :pb_lol:

jinger-duggar-baby-crying.jpg?w=683&h=10

I noticed then thought oh who  the hell cares also her toes are pretty :laughing-rofl:

I'm desensitized to the fundie trope photo of adoringly staring into each other's eyes, but this one is particularly awkwardly posed.  He looks like he's about to eat her face.  He's just too dang close for that pose!

Stare at the baby, guys.  Then the positioning works.  

This is just...weirdly aggressive.  Aggressive adoration.   

Also, Jeremy forgot to empty his pocket and now I want to know what that blue thing is.  A pen? A rag? 

1 hour ago, Rachel333 said:

Historically controversial subject alert: she's barefoot in this picture! :pb_lol:

jinger-duggar-baby-crying.jpg?w=683&h=10

I particularly enjoy how they staged the toys on the floor under the table to make it look more casual and relatable, but Felicity is hours old, so I don't think she's been playing with blocks, that abstract noisemaker, or Mr. Caterpillar.  Not even my goldfish was playing with toys that young!  

4 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

I'm desensitized to the fundie trope photo of adoringly staring into each other's eyes, but this one is particularly awkwardly posed.  He looks like he's about to eat her face.  He's just too dang close for that pose!

Stare at the baby, guys.  Then the positioning works.  

This is just...weirdly aggressive.  Aggressive adoration.   

Also, Jeremy forgot to empty his pocket and now I want to know what that blue thing is.  A pen? A rag? 

I particularly enjoy how they staged the toys on the floor under the table to make it look more casual and relatable, but Felicity is hours old, so I don't think she's been playing with blocks, that abstract noisemaker, or Mr. Caterpillar.  Not even my goldfish was playing with toys that young!  

oh good I worried I'd be the only one who thought them looking at each other instead of the baby was a bit off. 

as for the blocks I think those were left over from the Jessa/Henry/Spurg shoot 

1 hour ago, Chickenbutt said:

@feministxtianI also live on the surface of the sun. My outdoor thermometer read 121 yesterday. The only thing that really pisses me off about the heat is when I forget to put the steering wheel cover on and I have to sit there with the AC running in the car to cool the steering wheel down. Otherwise, we tolerate the heat and adjust our outside time.

I have a microfiber steering wheel cover (Autozone, about 20 bucks). The sun shade keeps my gear shifter relatively cool too. I get in the car, crack the windows about 2" and blast the A/C. By the time I get to the light at the freeway, it's blowing nice, COLD air. The good news is my commute is going from 9 miles to 1.5 miles in 22 days. 

I made everyone steering wheel covers for Christmas a couple of years ago. All with microfiber fabric that matched their personalities and color of their cars. They keep the steering wheels touchable. Oh yeah, nothing better than a COLD air blowing in your face in this kinda heat. I made the mistake on my last car of buying leather seats. Never again.....lol. Lesson learned. 

Nice short commute. Enjoy it.

1 minute ago, Chickenbutt said:

I made everyone steering wheel covers for Christmas a couple of years ago. All with microfiber fabric that matched their personalities and color of their cars. They keep the steering wheels touchable. Oh yeah, nothing better than a COLD air blowing in your face in this kinda heat. I made the mistake on my last car of buying leather seats. Never again.....lol. Lesson learned. 

Nice short commute. Enjoy it.

our cars came with us from the east coast...they both have leather seats. NEVER FUCKING AGAIN!!! I need to get my windows tinted too. In VA tint on the front windows was a big no-no. Here I think it's a matter of health and safety. I'm planning to buy a new vehicle in the fairly near future...and that will have cloth seats and tinted as hell windows. 

BEC but I don’t like the nursery, But then I don’t like ‘South West’ style.   I do like how light and airy it feels. 

So I'm a sucker, but the part where she says Jeremy was comforting and helped her through was nice. It seemed real that she admitted that it hurt so bad and she didn't want to do it anymore. 

Can't copy and paste for some stupid reason

I park about as far from the door of my office as possible. Why? Because there's a tree on the west side of that parking place and it saves my ass on the daily. I ain't no dummy.

Just now, FJismyheadship said:

So I'm a sucker, but the part where she says Jeremy was comforting and helped her through was nice. It seemed real that she admitted that it hurt so bad and she didn't want to do it anymore. 

Can't copy and paste for some stupid reason

he TLC personality gushes that the 30-year-old former soccer player knew exactly what she needed during the exhausting labor. “He was right there beside me the entire time, giving me encouraging words to press on,” Jinger reveals. “There were several times I told him, ‘It hurts so bad, I can’t do it anymore.’ And he’s say, ‘I know it hurts, but you’re stronger.’ I could not have asked for a better partner.

All my windows are tinted to the max the law allows. And cloth seats. And an ice chest in the back in case I buy ice cream at the grocery store. The downside of living on the sun...lololol

44 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

also Jinjer and Lissy 

jeremy-vuolo-jinger-duggar-baby-crying.j

Shouldn't her nickname be City in honor of Jinger's love of cities?

25 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I park about as far from the door of my office as possible. Why? Because there's a tree on the west side of that parking place and it saves my ass on the daily. I ain't no dummy.

There are trees on the north side of my building. There's one lonely tree on the west side but I never get to work early enough to grab it. 

24 minutes ago, Chickenbutt said:

All my windows are tinted to the max the law allows. And cloth seats. And an ice chest in the back in case I buy ice cream at the grocery store. The downside of living on the sun...lololol

We have those insulated bags from Trader Joe's. But, if we go shopping we are in his truck and run the rear a/c too. Fortunately, there's a Smith's like a mile from the new place. A Trader Joe's run necessitates the ice chest since there aren't any down in Enterprise/Mountain's Edge...yet. The closest one is on Washington & Buffalo. 2 more months of this shit...2 more months...2 more months. 

I definitely see Jeremy in baby Felicity's face. I'm interested to see what she looks like as she gets older.

The thing that strikes me about Jinger's dress is how impossible it would be to easily nurse in.  She'd have to disrobe if she's nursing.  

1 hour ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

also Jinjer and Lissy 

jeremy-vuolo-jinger-duggar-baby-crying.j

God I wish he was looking at the camera like he does in their IG photos. It would be hilarious.

Or as Ofwreck says...hilar. 

15 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

The thing that strikes me about Jinger's dress is how impossible it would be to easily nurse in.  She'd have to disrobe if she's nursing.  

She may have chosen  to use formula.

Oh FFS. Just because she's wearing that dress in the pics doesn't mean that's all she wears when she's a (presumably) nursing mother.

I wore all kinds of "normal" clothing when I was breastfeeding my daughter. Again, I say:  FFS!

I don’t think this decorating thing is a huge personality flaw. I actually think it’s just bs counting on filler and she concedes to her sisters, but actually has some input. Mostly I am convinced of this because this the girl who mounted, named, and has kept a deer head named Rufus. That’s just a little bit wacky.

So when are they supposed to be moving to LA for Jeremy's program?  I can see them not going to much effort on the nursery if they are moving in the next few months.  

Also more general question - my kids are all older and drop-side cribs were still okay to use when they were little.  How do you put a kid down to sleep in a crib that doesn't have a drop-side?  Especially once they are a bit bigger and you have to lower the mattress?

20 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

snip...

Also more general question - my kids are all older and drop-side cribs were still okay to use when they were little.  How do you put a kid down to sleep in a crib that doesn't have a drop-side?  Especially once they are a bit bigger and you have to lower the mattress?

Like this! :-)

16 hours ago, JesSky03 said:

I definitely thought of that with the plant but didn't want to be seen as a "crusading mom". The hook might have just already been in the ceiling- our house has one in the living room that was there before we moved in. They may not be thinking that far ahead. Our video monitor needs to be plugged in and the only spot that worked and was near an outlet was by the changing table. The cord hangs down just out of reach of the baby while I'm changing him but as he gets bigger he'll be able to get it so we'll have to tape it to the wall or get some of those chord hook thingies. 

Our nursery is a gender neutral blue and decorated with superhereos. The theme and color was decided before we knew gender. To some it may look boyish and we did have a boy, but it wasn't really planned that way (we actually had most of this stuff before I was even pregnant because of my husband's love for superheros). We did get a giant poster of spiderwoman but we need to get some more female representation in there yet- its just harder to find women superhero things. 

*I didn't pick out the violent spiderman scene depicted on the wall...that was my husband and he insists that its fine for a nursery :5624795033223_They-see-me-rollinroll:

Reveal hidden contents

superhero.thumb.jpg.b50f450999e51813df59b61864fe35f7.jpg

My laughing reaction is for the two adorable fur-babies. They look like they're saying "we would even wear nappies just to be petted some more".

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived