IGNORED

JinJer and Felicity 42: American Girl (grand)Duggar

Georgiana

Jinger and Jeremy have welcomed 8lb 3oz Felicity Nicole on July 19th, in some sort of medical or birthing center from the looks of it, and are now embarking on a campaign of hashtag relatable parenting.   FJ talks childhood dolls (not the creepy kind) and sleep with infants.

Article is here for quick reference:

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/news/jinger-duggar-gives-birth-welcomes-first-child-with-jeremy-vuolo/

Continued From:

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations Jeremy, you're a parent. What did you think the baby was going to do? Sit down and discuss books with you while drinking coffee? 

50 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Congratulations Jeremy, you're a parent. What did you think the baby was going to do? Sit down and discuss books with you while drinking coffee? 

Why not? That's similar to what his brother in law, Derick expects. He seems to think that children, especially Izzy, should emerge be from the womb as fully grown adults in baby bodies.

I didn't find his posts offensive. Shock. I was not offended by a fundie. *hangs head in shame*.

Wait, you mean to tell me that children don't come out of the womb as adults who have an immediate need to serve the Lord, are fully capable of all self care, a full time job with great pay and benefits/owns a business, can take part is "deep" discussions, and is ready to take part in missoncations- just tiny for a temporary amount of time?

Well...everything I've come to know about children is a lie. :wtsf:

My daughter collects American Girl dolls, so imagine how excited I was when they JinJer baby was Felicity. One of my favorites, only trumped by Samantha who was my childhood doll.

Jeremy is too savvy to post controversial or offending things Though He forgot himself when voiced his opinion  of Catholics but that is the real him. He is selling himself and Jinger as  modern, fun  and Cool conservative Christians  But  truth will out again sooner or later.

8 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I didn't find his posts offensive. Shock. I was not offended by a fundie. *hangs head in shame*.

I think most new parents are shocked in those first few weeks! 

6 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I think most new parents are shocked in those first few weeks! 

Yes! Especially with the first baby. Those first months with baby #1 were a wild (but fun) ride.

9 minutes ago, SadieJane said:

My daughter collects American Girl dolls, so imagine how excited I was when they JinJer baby was Felicity. One of my favorites, only trumped by Samantha who was my childhood doll.

I was a Samantha girl too. Although my real obsession was Uncle Gard’s Cornelia. Something about her descriptive phrase,”An old fashioned beauty who had new fangled ideas” always pleased me. 

My nephew who is 15 months old was up 3 times last night. I watch him on a regular basis and it’s a lot of work caring for a little one. 

Im pretty sure I will only be having one. I can’t imagine juggling 2. 

33 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

Why not? That's similar to what his brother in law, Derick expects. He seems to think that children, especially Izzy, should emerge be from the womb as fully grown adults in baby bodies.

Except Derick doesn't even want that.  He just wants those poor little guys to sit silently, without moving, while he talks at them.  Look at how he ignored Israel during the "book reading time" when Sam wanted to get off Derick's lap and Derick was physically holding him down to keep him from leaving?  If Jill weren't dumb as a rock, I honestly would've thought it was a passive-aggressive jab at Derick's incompetent parenting.  

I don't find Jeremy's posts offensive.  Unlike other members of that family, at least he's trying to portray himself as an appropriately involved parent who is happy to have a child.  

32 minutes ago, Letizia said:

I was a Samantha girl too. Although my real obsession was Uncle Gard’s Cornelia. Something about her descriptive phrase,”An old fashioned beauty who had new fangled ideas” always pleased me. 

Yes! I liked Cornelia a lot! Definitely not fundie approved however.

I don't get the Jeremy hate. He tried to be funny about experiencing the reality of being a parent. It happens to all people who become parents. He showed a sense of humor. What's the big deal. 

I am much more offended by other things this family does. 

I legit thought Jeremy's "To Sleep" thing was him trying to poetically bid farewell to a recently departed and beloved friend or family member, and I was really confused for a while.

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

[...]poetically bid farewell to a recently departed and beloved friend[...]

Which is exactly what happened. :giggle: I don't think people value sleep enough before they don't get enough anymore. 

24 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

Which is exactly what happened. :giggle: I don't think people value sleep enough before they don't get enough anymore. 

Hahah I have always valued sleep. Change Green Eggs and Ham to sleep and 

Spoiler

I would sleep on a boat

I would sleep with a goat

I would sleep in the rain

I would sleep on a train

I would sleep in a tree

I woulds sleep in the dak

I would sleep in a car

I would sleep in a box

I would sleep with a fox

I would sleep with a mouse

I would sleep in a house

I would sleep here and there 

I would sleep anywhere! 

3 hours ago, Pretzel said:

I don't get the Jeremy hate. He tried to be funny about experiencing the reality of being a parent. It happens to all people who become parents. He showed a sense of humor. What's the big deal. 

I am much more offended by other things this family does. 

I thought it was a bit of a lame joke, but it was also harmless. I also don’t like Jeremy at all though, so I freely admit my opinion about Jeremy and his jokes is very colored. :pb_lol:

Heres hoping he turns out to be a decent father. Felicity deserves at least that much. I’d also hope that having a child teaches him to be more empathetic and accepting of others, but that’s likely pushing my luck. So I’ll just settle for decent father who accepts his daughter for who she is. 

4 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I legit thought Jeremy's "To Sleep" thing was him trying to poetically bid farewell to a recently departed and beloved friend or family member, and I was really confused for a while.

The evil side of me wants to see Jeremy do a post in a couple of years based on Go the F*ck to Sleep. I know it won't happen, but it's fun to think about.

I had Josefina, Molly, and a girl of today doll to look like me.  Except when I got Molly, it turned out she had the exact same hair color, eye color, and features as my girl of today.

My mom ended up getting two of my adult sisters their own historical AG dolls, because they had always wanted them but were adults by the time they came out.  I think one of them has Kirsten, I'm not sure about the other.

A bunch new pictures and a few new details about the birth and such: https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/pictures/jinger-duggar-jeremy-vuolo-share-daughter-felicitys-first-days-at-home/

Apparently Felicity was born in San Antonio. Jinger thinks she looks like Jeremy (I agree). Their reasoning behind the name Felicity:

The new baby’s moniker, says Jinger, “just felt right.” She and Jeremy “loved the name Felicity from the moment we thought of it several months ago,” she notes. The Counting On star explains, “The name itself means intense happiness or supreme joy. It was also the name of a young Christian girl long ago who valiantly stood strong for her faith.”

Spoiler

69aefa05-5b6b-4525-8cf0-9bf0662393e7.thumb.jpg.39d46c77cf8bc87fcfab3f9394cb2b8a.jpg

So since i have the day off i'm stalking the fundie page on Tumblr and ffound some new photo of jinger and baby Felicity. Confirm that Michelle and Jessa was down to Laredo to help jinger with the baby.

01446786-4bb8-43e2-b3a9-49dbcf1ad57c.jpg

Jinger is wearing the same Old Navy (I think) dress Jessa wore a few times in the past months. 

Also, this is the nursery. So glad it isn’t pink, pink and more pink

80977B92-3452-4060-A9DF-749C433F4675.jpeg

I'm glad that Jinger has help in Jessa and Michelle. Good to have people to ask questions to in the first days with a new baby. Michelle does love newborns. There's a lot going on in that family right now I wonder how many 2019 pregnancies there will be? 

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived