IGNORED

JinJer and Felicity 42: American Girl (grand)Duggar

Georgiana

46 minutes ago, treehugger said:

We have criticized Benessa heavily for using their children for fame and money. JinJer and Jeremy are apparently going to do the same thing, but here we are chatting about that cute little nursery. 

This is a point that I hadn't thought of. Jinger has fully embraced exploiting her newborn for money. Sure lots of celebrities do it, but it doesn't make it any better. We have criticized the Michelle and Jim Bob for selling their children's childhood for money, but that is pretty much what Jinger and Jeremy are doing. This baby will probably be on reality television some too. 

34 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

Jill told us she wanted to be a midwife or a nurse.  She told us she had goals and gave them up.

Not to defend her too much, but there is always the chance that she decided that wasn't a path she wanted. I started off in college wanting one thing and ended up a totally different place. People change their mind career wise all the time. 

ETA: The list of goals I have had and gave up is quite long. :laughing-jumpingpurple: Maybe it is just me but I'm always saying "I'm going to do this!" and then I get started and I'm like "shit, I fucking hate this. Not doing it!"

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem as I see it is that we want something to be good about these folks.  So for instance me... JD said first that .."When the kids start having kids it's time for the parents to stop."  That right there made me think -this one has a thought of his own?  Then he talked about how disappointed he was in Josh.  He talked about now having to man up and be the example for the younger kids.  That made me wonder why it wasn't Jim-Bob they are taught to look up too, but all the same he seemed to want a better example (life) the kids.  

It hard to see him with someone he seems so happy with, with 1/2 thoughts that maybe he is a better man than at least one other but the truth is he will create more little fundies.  It's all he knows.  He doesn't have the education. 

Of course Abbie does.  At least she has a certificate to take care of people.  That fits in so nicely.  Her certificated self can look after her husband and family - because if JD asked and she accepted they are the same kind of fundies.

Oh, and.  I  don't think @VelociRapture will be gone forever.  TIme heals and she will post again.

5 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

First of all, if you don't hate these beliefs why are you here? That is the mission of FJ. Full stop.

DO NOT put words in my mouth nor thoughts in my head that I have not specifically stated. 

I am a conservative/"fundamentalist" Christian in many ways. If you want to know what I really believe, feel free to ask me. But DO NOT EVER assume jack shit about me. In reality, I've delineated many of my thoughts and beliefs here over the last 6 years. Feel free to look around and find out what I DO believe. 

@singsingsing, you are right. There are always a few people who point out the issues in the JinJer threads. I feel like while things get pointed out here, they don't always get discussed the same way they do in other threads. Maybe the threads are as superficial as Jinger and Jeremy are.  And yes, the vast majority of criticism that they have received (re. Decorating the nursery, Michelle, barefoot) is BEC. I don't actually like it myself. That kind of criticism doesn't serve a purpose. 

I will say though that Jinger still gets a huge pass in comparison to her sisters. She and jeremy have been pimping out this baby for a while now. And while Jill got a ton of flack for both her pregnancies, Jinger hasn't really gotten any. 

2 hours ago, Lisafer said:

I had to look up Ben Seewald's biceps to see what you were talking about. I'm about 7 years older than Ben; I'm not really much of a bicep woman, I guess! But here, have some non-Seewald biceps for defrauding purposes:

Hide contents

image.png.8dee6f8f1e3e592bdb6bc5cee63b78c3.png

Totes off topic but this guy when to the same High school as I did. He graduated about 8 years after I did but still the same school.

18 minutes ago, treehugger said:

@singsingsing, you are right. There are always a few people who point out the issues in the JinJer threads. I feel like while things get pointed out here, they don't always get discussed the same way they do in other threads. Maybe the threads are as superficial as Jinger and Jeremy are.  And yes, the vast majority of criticism that they have received (re. Decorating the nursery, Michelle, barefoot) is BEC. I don't actually like it myself. That kind of criticism doesn't serve a purpose. 

I will say though that Jinger still gets a huge pass in comparison to her sisters. She and jeremy have been pimping out this baby for a while now. And while Jill got a ton of flack for both her pregnancies, Jinger hasn't really gotten any. 

I agree. I do think Jinger and Jeremy are often given a pass that other Duggars don't get here, and that's something I've expressed multiple times before. I also think that the nursery criticism is ridiculous and the backlash to that was fair (and not even that harsh compared to other discussions I've seen).

People are going to disagree here, and sometimes I find it frustrating that people are "wrong" (IMO, obviously :pb_lol:) or I think that people are being particularly rude in how they express their disagreement, but I also think that if I can't handle disagreement then that's my issue.

Honestly, I feel like a large part of FJ is essentially a specialized celebrity gossip site. That doesn't mean it's a fan site (if you look at regular celebrity gossip sites a lot of people seem to be there just to talk about how much they hate the celebrity in question :pb_lol:), but a large portion of the discussion here just isn't always particularly meaningful, and I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing because I also appreciate the serious discussions that frequently pop up here even in the middle of an otherwise trivial discussion. 

Well, seems some nerves have been frayed over the last few days.  I'll throw my unasked for two cents on this topic.  I find JinJer to be vapid and useless, they are a pile of hate wrapped in a pretty package. They want attention and fame and want to spread their hate while getting that so I give them nothing, she's probably dumb as box of hair and he's just a box of hair with a mouth and an audience.  I can't stand them.

Smugger & Anna, No!

Jill & OfJill UGH he's awful and she just needs to stop trying.

JoKen, are nothing but a ball of hate wrapped up in giggles and awe shucks, plus they are boring AF.  

Jessa while she has the hate she also has the snark, and I like the snark and can respect it, and can find a way to work with snark, these two have their hateful beliefs, but keep them to themselves and like minded folks, you know it is there, but they can at least grasp the concept that there are other ways of life.

JoStin, I admit I have a soft spot for Joy, she's the same age as my son and I think she's funny, she, like Jessa, has an attitude about her, she's a go getter and not this sit and look pretty for the camera person. She's a doer, she may also be dumber than a box of hair, but that box has some work ethic which more than I can say for her other married siblings, aside from Joe.  These two seem to be the most down to earth couple, where both of them have a practical side, and no fear of hard work or rough living.

I don't know much about Siren yet, and it remains to be seen about JD & Abbie, but I do like the vibe they put off, they seem to be the best suited couple of all of them, knocking Joy & Austin to 2nd place, because she's just so damn young.

8 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Well, seems some nerves have been frayed over the last few days.  I'll throw my unasked for two cents on this topic.  I find JinJer to be vapid and useless, they are a pile of hate wrapped in a pretty package. They want attention and fame and want to spread their hate while getting that so I give them nothing, she's probably dumb as box of hair and he's just a box of hair with a mouth and an audience.  I can't stand them.

Smugger & Anna, No!

JoKen, are nothing but a ball of hate wrapped up in giggles and awe shucks, plus they are boring AF.  

Jessa while she has the hate she also has the snark, and I like the snark and can respect it, and can find a way to work with snark, these two have their hateful beliefs, but keep them to themselves and like minded folks, you know it is there, but they can at least grasp the concept that there are other ways of life.

JoStin, I admit I have a soft spot for Joy, she's the same age as my son and I think she's funny, she, like Jessa, has an attitude about her, she's a go getter and not this sit and look pretty for the camera person. She's a doer, she may also be dumber than a box of hair, but that box has some work ethic which more than I can say for her other married siblings, aside from Joe.  These two seem to be the most down to earth couple, where both of them have a practical side, and no fear of hard work or rough living.

apart from Jostin who i have no clue they are....i love this post so much I could eat it. 

pretty packages always reveal the truth eventually. 

and it seems that Jeremy and Jinger have the prettiest wrapping but we already know what is underneath. 

I never fell for it or them. 

now as for Jessa and Ben I did but that is a whole other story....

15 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Oh FFS. Just because she's wearing that dress in the pics doesn't mean that's all she wears when she's a (presumably) nursing mother.

I wore all kinds of "normal" clothing when I was breastfeeding my daughter. Again, I say:  FFS!

Agreed, plus it's a photo shoot for a major magazine...

56 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I have no love for Jinger, or any of the Duggars.  I cannot get past their hateful beliefs and robotic responses to things to see the "heart" they claim they have.  I admit that I had hope that she, and all of the J'kids, had hope of freedom but that was dashed in 2015 when this was posted:

They are all so brainwashed I feel nothing but sadness at the possibilities lost in their lives, but maintain hope that felicity will achieve her full potential.

16 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Oh FFS. Just because she's wearing that dress in the pics doesn't mean that's all she wears when she's a (presumably) nursing mother.

I wore all kinds of "normal" clothing when I was breastfeeding my daughter. Again, I say:  FFS!

Also, there is literally f*ing nothing that fits at that point ( yes, I know there are women who walk out of the hospital in skinny jeans - but most have that who swollen belly thing for a bit ) - thank God for the swing dresses that are so popular right now - Comfortable without screaming maternity clothes ! 

On the “ what’s she been doing with her time” topic - I’ve never known any personally, but I thought “ preachers wife” was pretty much a job ? Personally my dream job would of been 1950’s housewife, but that was never an option. It wasn’t even an option for my grandmothers, in the actual 1950’s.

Every "post-newborn" picture I have of me I'm wearing "nice" clothes, utterly useless for nursing. Behind closed doors, I spent my days in sweats or shorts and tank top or t-shirt. 

Again, give it a fucking break...she's having a photo shoot done. 

I'm all about talking about the shitty beliefs but this is rapidly becoming nothing more than a bunch of bullies in high school having to criticize everything. I lived that bullshit and I won't stand for it. 

Already know I will get several down votes for this. Oh well. My opinion is the show has brought quick, easy cash for this family over the years. JB may be alot of things but he ain't no fool with money. Takes money to buy land, cars, and houses, even if most were foreclosed. At the moment they are still popular enough to have a show and top mags interested interviews. My guess is they are trying to rack up as MUCH as they can before the media or fans loose interest. Not saying it's ok. It's just a situation Michelle and JB started...and now they might not have a choice. This is their survival at the moment. 

4 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Every "post-newborn" picture I have of me I'm wearing "nice" clothes, utterly useless for nursing. Behind closed doors, I spent my days in sweats or shorts and tank top or t-shirt. 

I didnt wear pants for atleast a week (maybe 2) and most of the time I was wearing nothing but a robe.

#notashamed

Can we all please remember that Jeremy has had many hateful sermons and Catholics and has called Jews "Fake Jews" or some sort of a thing. Jinger and Jeremy aren't moving too far away from the party line, Jeremy didn't fill out that massive survey in order to swoop in and save Jinger from her horrible life. No, he married her and is using her fame and Counting On to promote himself and his church. 

Jinger and Jeremy have the same hateful beliefs as the rest and they are going to pass them down to their daughter. 

2 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Can we all please remember that Jeremy has had many hateful sermons and Catholics and has called Jews "Fake Jews" or some sort of a thing. Jinger and Jeremy aren't moving too far away from the party line, Jeremy didn't fill out that massive survey in order to swoop in and save Jinger from her horrible life. No, he married her and is using her fame and Counting On to promote himself and his church. 

Jinger and Jeremy have the same hateful beliefs as the rest and they are going to pass them down to their daughter. 

First, you don't know what's going to happen in 10 years. Second, it's one thing to discuss ideas and quite another to discuss "OH MY GAWD, she's wearing a dress that's totally unfit for breastfeeding". Is she nursing? We don't know for sure. Did she get dressed for a photo shoot and change into more comfortable clothes? We don't know for sure. 

Find something better to discuss than the fucking dress. Ugly-ass beliefs, you betcha. A dress? Fuck no.

@feministxtian Where the fuck did I mention her dress? If you're going to get bitchy at someone about a fucking dress, it best not be me. I didn't mention her dress. 

Second off, no one knows what is going to happen in 10 years but seeing Jeremy is going all out in preaching, I can't see that changing. If it does, I will be shocked, but I doubt I will be shocked. 

Just now, Carm_88 said:

Second off, no one knows what is going to happen in 10 years but seeing Jeremy is going all out in preaching, I can't see that changing. If it does, I will be shocked, but I doubt I will be shocked. 

Exactly. No one knows what will happen in ten years, but we can definitely make some educated guesses based on what's happened in the past and what's happening now. That's not to say that it's impossible I'll be shocked. I want to be shocked! I hope to be shocked! I would love nothing more than for Jinger and Jeremy (or any of these couples) to shock us all! I think it's fine to acknowledge that possibility, but it has to be tempered with the reality check that, sadly, most of them probably aren't going to shock us.

Fundies are not unique in that they come out of their childhood homes with issues.  Most people do.  Now, the severity of those issues may vary, but there are no perfect parents, all parents will make mistakes, and because of that, most adults will have to take the time to address issues they inherited from their childhood homes.

Or they can choose not to.

But that's the point: after a certain amount of time FAILING to address issues IS a CHOICE.  And it is a CHOICE that is NOT made by the parents, it is a CHOICE that is made by the adult themselves.  It is a choice they are responsible for.  It is a choice they are accountable for.  I've got an ex who still is mad at me for breaking up with him when we were 17.  Did I fuck it up?  For sure.  I was at fault at the time.  But dude, we're 30 now.  If you're still holding onto this shit, that is NOT my problem.  It's yours.  Address it or don't, but the time has come for you to own it either way. 

And that is why we still hold fundie 2nd gen-ers accountable.  

If Jinger CHOSE to bring an innocent child into this world before she addressed her own issues, that's on her.  She's responsible for that, and she can answer for it.  If she CHOOSES to sell out her privacy for $$$, that's on her too.  If she CHOOSES to remain a "follower" and allow herself to be pushed over by her family, that's her choice...but she has to answer to that too (and for the record, I personally think that Jinger simply picks her battles).

I hope that in the future, Jinger and Jeremy will make GREAT choices that we will all be supportive of.  But they are WELL beyond free pass point, in my opinion, so there is NOTHING wrong with holding them accountable RIGHT NOW in the same way we hold the other Duggars accountable.  Joy certainly never got this level of a pass, and she's both younger than Jinger and has been out of the house for a shorter period.  

In conclusion, no matter where you come from, when you become an adult it is YOUR responsibility to get your shit together.  You can choose to do that, you can choose to wait to do that, you can choose NOT to do that, but no matter what you choose, that's your choice and you have to be ready to own it.  No one stays 16 forever.  

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I love how this is how he is referred to. :pb_lol:

I actually think it's interesting how none of them have publicly made any real changes from the family party line. Most fundie families I know have had at least a few kids deviate significantly from how they were raised. I don't really think it's how the Duggars raised their kids that is different, I think it's that fame and money has reinforced their beliefs and lifestyle. Plus even if one of the kids did change their beliefs significantly, the publicity it would get if they went public with it at all would be daunting for many people if they had the least bit of doubt. Look at all the articles written just about Jill wearing pants! I would be very hesitant to make any changes if I were in their position.

5 hours ago, nst said:

they are only mine fields if you let them be. 

post and move on and just be 

Absolutely. It's just the internet, folks.

Post, read, interact, have fun, criticize, discuss, and move on and just be.  

2 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

I actually think it's interesting how none of them have publicly made any real changes from the family party line. Most fundie families I know have had at least a few kids deviate significantly from how they were raised. I don't really think it's how the Duggars raised their kids that is different, I think it's that fame and money has reinforced their beliefs and lifestyle. Plus even if one of the kids did change their beliefs significantly, the publicity it would get if they went public with it at all would be daunting for many people if they had the least bit of doubt. Look at all the articles written just about Jill wearing pants! I would be very hesitant to make any changes if I were in their position.

Especially public changes.  I could see just keeping quiet about minor or even somewhat large changes, to keep your family getting money, and to be left alone.  Unless one wanted to spill all they need to appear to be in the party line.  I will also say some people keep quiet about things just to get along with family, without the added pressures.

12 minutes ago, Shouldabeenacowboy said:

Absolutely. It's just the internet, folks.

Post, read, interact, have fun, criticize, discuss, and move on and just be.  

I honestly think most people in these discussions are doing just that. I'm sure there are some people who get really genuinely upset about it and sit there stewing about what happened on FJ all day, but I think (I hope?) they're in the minority. I have noticed there are some people who for whatever reason jump to the conclusion that you're REALLY, REALLY ANGRY if you find yourself in a disagreement or argument with them, or that you're specifically targeting THEM because you MUST have some kind of vendetta against them (for... reasons? idk). I recently had someone bring up something minor I apparently said that pissed them off in 2015. Err... sorry?

Maybe I'm too detached, but I just don't get it. It's not that the stuff we discuss here isn't important or worth getting upset about. But disagreements with fellow posters, well, that's just inevitable when you've got a forum with thousands of people discussing controversial issues. Unless someone is actually harassing, bullying or doxing you, no big deal.

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

I have no love for Jinger, or any of the Duggars.  I cannot get past their hateful beliefs and robotic responses to things to see the "heart" they claim they have.  I admit that I had hope that she, and all of the J'kids, had hope of freedom but that was dashed in 2015 when this was posted:

They are all so brainwashed I feel nothing but sadness at the possibilities lost in their lives, but maintain hope that felicity will achieve her full potential.

Oh man, remember when Ben was trying to be a nasally talkative Youtube preacher? Glad he's cooled down on that, for now.

I spent the first week after having a baby in just a bra, didn't even bother with shirts. I only hope that in the privacy of their own homes the Duggar girls get to be as immodest as they want to be for the sake of comfort after birthing.

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived