IGNORED

Upcoming Babies 26: More and More and More

Coconut Flan

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh god it’s bad. Take some booze. 

Thank you!!!

• Upvote 2

I don't follow this topic closely, so I didn't even realize Hannah Reber Keller was pregnant. She just had a baby girl, and they named her Edelweiss Miracle Keller. Hannah is the wife of David Keller, the youngest son and kid in Anna Duggar's family. I saw a picture of the baby floating around Facebook, and so far she favours her maternal grandmother.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 5

42 minutes ago, Pancakes@Tiffany's said:

I don't follow this topic closely, so I didn't even realize Hannah Reber Keller was pregnant. She just had a baby girl, and they named her Edelweiss Miracle Keller. Hannah is the wife of David Keller, the youngest son and kid in Anna Duggar's family. I saw a picture of the baby floating around Facebook, and so far she favours her maternal grandmother.

Edelweiss??? Like, I literally have a screenshot from The Sound of Music as my profile pic and I'm like WTF!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6

45 minutes ago, Pancakes@Tiffany's said:

Wait. Isn’t the older daughter Eden? So they have Eden and Edelweiss? Wtf? Is one going to be Big Edie and Little Edie? 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 14

Edelweiss Miracle what a pompous name. Maybe a flower/religious word theme going on, since the sister is Eden Rose. Next one Daisy Blessing?

• Upvote 13

How DARE they use anything out of my most favorite Movie of all time!!! 

ETA: I do think Edelweiß is right up there with Spurgeon and Heistheway..... 

Edited by Hazelbunny
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7

Just now, llucie said:

Edelweiss Miracle what a pompous name. Maybe a flower/religious word theme going on, since the sister is Eden Rose. Next one Daisy Blessing?

They have to name the next one, Edith Blessing, or I’ll take it as a personal affront. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 10

2 minutes ago, Pancakes@Tiffany's said:

They have to name the next one, Edith Blessing, or I’ll take it as a personal affront. 

ah yes, they also have the E going on that is probably on purpose (those Kellers love a letter theme), then i propose Easter Daisy.

• Upvote 4

How about "Enough" for the next and then no more kids.... 

• Haha 11
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 4

6 minutes ago, llucie said:

ah yes, they also have the E going on that is probably on purpose (those Kellers love a letter theme), then i propose Easter Daisy.

Yes they do. 

Rebekah: A theme

Pris: P/D theme

Susanna: N theme

Nathan: N theme

Anna: M theme

David: E theme

The only sibling who we know doesn’t have a letter theme is Esther. Daniel could have planned for a B theme but only had one kid. So we don’t know either way. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, Pancakes@Tiffany's said:

Do you have the birth date?

Edelweiss - just why?

• Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Edelweiss - just why?

I swear they named her Eden, plus watch Nurie and Nathan use Noelle after they aklready used nehemiah 

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Edelweiss - just why?

There's no vitals on the post I saw. It looks like it came from her grandmother's private account. From what I can tell, the post was originally made 11 hours ago. The birth had to have been in the last few days. The baby looks super new, and maybe it was a home birth.

20 minutes ago, raayx01 said:

I swear they named her Eden, plus watch Nurie and Nathan use Noelle after they aklready used nehemiah 

Eden Rose is their first daughter, and their newborn second daughter is Edelweiss Miracle.

• Upvote 4

As an E name myself, it’s not a good quiverfull letter choice. neither is N!

I would say the top tier of quiverfull name themes would include: A, C, J, M, and T.

Whenever I start going through the Duggar grandkids’ names to fall asleep, I think about how Anna should have varied the second consonant sound so she didn’t end up with muck, Mike, Marc as the first three. But she was modeling after JB and M. Only Courtney Rogers and Karissa Collins are worse at varied sounds in names than the Duggars. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

3 minutes ago, theotherelise said:

I would say the top tier of quiverfull name themes would include: A, C, J, M, and T.

Whenever I start going through the Duggar grandkids’ names to fall asleep, I think about how Anna should have varied the second consonant sound so she didn’t end up with muck, Mike, Marc as the first three. But she was modeling after JB and M. Only Courtney Rogers and Karissa Collins are worse at varied sounds in names than the Duggars. 

There are at least some E names in the Bible. Ethan, Ezekiel, Ephraim, Elizabeth, Esther, Ezra, Elijah, Elias, Emmanuel, Enoch, Enos, Esau, Eve. 

Plus other non Bible E names like Edward, Emma, Emmett, Eleanor, Eric, Ella.

• Upvote 3

I think the David Keller family could have an Echinacea Shekehina-Glory Keller next time around or a Euphegenia Prudence Keller. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 12

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Wait. Isn’t the older daughter Eden? So they have Eden and Edelweiss? Wtf? Is one going to be Big Edie and Little Edie? 

Unless people are big Sound of Music fans, I think a lot of Americans will have trouble pronouncing Edelweiss. I think if they gave her a nickname, it would sound like “Ay dee.”

I just now discovered that Christopher Plummer’s singing voice was dubbed in The Sound of Music. Well I guess I could watch him lip sync Edelweiss all day.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1

Edelweiss as a name also sounds a bit 'white power' to me. It literally means 'noble white', which is nice for a flower but quite strange for a person.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 2

2 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

Edelweiss as a name also sounds a bit 'white power' to me. It literally means 'noble white', which is nice for a flower but quite strange for a person.

Absolutely! Especially with the racist, white supremacy beliefs these people hold!!! 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, JDuggs said:

Unless people are big Sound of Music fans, I think a lot of Americans will have trouble pronouncing Edelweiss. I think if they gave her a nickname, it would sound like “Ay dee.”

I just now discovered that Christopher Plummer’s singing voice was dubbed in The Sound of Music. Well I guess I could watch him lip sync Edelweiss all day.

I literally just asked my family last night if they had heard Christopher Plummer’s real voice! I wish they had used it instead. The conversation then went on to debate if sound of music was a Christmas movie or not.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CarrotCake said:

Hannah’s mom isn’t white so it would be quite awful if she was a supremacist. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

@CarrotCake You are giving WAY too much credit that they might be thinking deep and researching names, meaning etc.  

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

9 hours ago, theotherelise said:

I actually think E is one of the best letters, lots of cute "normal" E names for both boys and girls (Emily, Esther, Ezra, Elijah...) but then they went with Edelweiss so...

I always thought if it had to pick a letter theme and have lots of kids probably E and A are the best options.

Edited by llucie
spelling
  • Upvote 4

Hannah was a piano tutor. She probably just really likes the song from the Sound of Music. I wonder if she even knows Edelweiss is a flower.

• Upvote 8

You can come up with 5 or so names for each letter. But what if you had to come up with 10 girls or 10 boys. 

There are only so many derivations of E names in my opinion. You end up with most names beginning with the sounds Eel, Em, Ell. Your quiverfull kids will be like the Collin’s kids: Eli, Elijah, Elise, Eliza, Elizabeth, Elliott, Eleanor, Eloise, Emma, Emily, Emmett, Emerson and our favored kids Ezra and Esther and Eden. 

• Upvote 1