IGNORED

Upcoming Babies 26: More and More and More

Coconut Flan

1 minute ago, Smee said:

There are plenty of J names that don't sound too much alike, the Duggars are just idiots. They could have had Jemima, Jocelyn, Judith, Juliet. I don't know what was wrong with just "Joy" that they needed to make it Joy-Anna when they already had Jana, or why it took them 17 tries and three repeats before they discovered the oh-so-uncommon Jennifer.

Are you from the US? Jemima has negative associations here due to “aunt Jemima.” But I know it’s a name that’s more popular in English speaking countries without aunt Jemima brand stuff. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

28 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Are you from the US? Jemima has negative associations here due to “aunt Jemima.” But I know it’s a name that’s more popular in English speaking countries without aunt Jemima brand stuff. 

Ahhh, I forgot that was a thing in the US. I'm in Australia - Jemima to me is either Jemima Puddleduck (the Beatrix Potter character) or a doll from the kids' TV show Playschool.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

3 minutes ago, Smee said:

Ahhh, I forgot that was a thing in the US. I'm in Australia - Jemima to me is either Jemima Puddleduck (the Beatrix Potter character) or a doll from the kids' TV show Playschool.

Yeah that’s why a lot of us on FJ were side eyeing the hell out of the Bontragers that named their daughter Jemima. Then the next baby after Jemima Bontrager was Spurgeon Bontrager. And that was supreme side eye. 

• Upvote 6

The Duggar’s boggle my mind! Why on earth are so many children essentially same-named?  If they need every kid to have a J name, get a library book with baby names and spend a little time and energy making a list of J names. 

Girls: Jade, Julie, June/Juno, Jocelyn, Juniper, Juliette, Journey, Jolene, Jazmine, Jewel. 

Boys: Jasper, Jericho, Jude, Jett, Jethro, Jovani, Justice, Jeeves, Julian, Jake.

Arg!!!! 

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, Bassett Lady said:

The Duggar’s boggle my mind! Why on earth are so many children essentially same-named?  If they need every kid to have a J name, get a library book with baby names and spend a little time and energy making a list of J names. 

Girls: Jade, Julie, June/Juno, Jocelyn, Juniper, Juliette, Journey, Jolene, Jazmine, Jewel. 

Boys: Jasper, Jericho, Jude, Jett, Jethro, Jovani, Justice, Jeeves, Julian, Jake.

Arg!!!! 

I think I recall Jim-Bob wanting to name one daughter Julie, but he was always outvoted. It's a shame. It's an adorable name and certainly would've stood out from the rest.

My mind is STILL scrambled over how they named their sixth child Jinger--Ginger but with a J--when that seems like what they would resort to for the last child if they feel like they're running out of names.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, Bassett Lady said:

The Duggar’s boggle my mind

Argggg, I swear by all that is holy, including Hawaiian 🌺 Ice and a basket of basset hound puppies 🐶 , I wrote “The Duggars boggle my mind” and the phone made it an apostrophe s. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Bassett Lady said:

Arg!!!! 

Me at Nathan&Nurie after they named their SECOND child Newman. Like hello?? Noah was right there! 

I am praying to the name gods that they go with Naomi for their first daughter. It's uncommon enough to have a solid chance.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

9 hours ago, Bassett Lady said:

Arg!!!! 

Julie and Jacob are the names I'm always shocked they didn't use. They could have broken up the -ana and Jo- patterns nicely.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, EmiSue said:

Julie and Jacob are the names I'm always shocked they didn't use. They could have broken up the -ana and Jo- patterns nicely.

It really makes me wonder if Michelle  knew a Julie and Jacob she hated. And that’s why they were never used. Negative associations with names can run strong. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 7

8 hours ago, WannabeHistorian said:

I am praying to the name gods that they go with Naomi for their first daughter. It's uncommon enough to have a solid chance.

The name Naomi is at its popularity peak right now in the U.S. at #46. It’s been a top 100 name since 2010. I don’t know any kids or adults named Naomi except for celebrities. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

The name Naomi is at its popularity peak right now in the U.S. at #46. It’s been a top 100 name since 2010. I don’t know any kids or adults named Naomi except for celebrities. 

There’s an 11 year old Naomi in my son’s class. But where we live there is a very wide variety of girl names. But a much less of a variety of boy names. There are lots of boys with the same name on each class but that rarely happens with the girls. It’s mostly just the name Lucy I think I’ve seen repeated. 

The N girls names in the top 100 in the U.S. in order: Nora, Nova, Naomi, Natalie, Natalia, Nevaeh.

36 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

There’s an 11 year old Naomi in my son’s class. But where we live there is a very wide variety of girl names. But a much less of a variety of boy names. There are lots of boys with the same name on each class but that rarely happens with the girls. It’s mostly just the name Lucy I think I’ve seen repeated. 

The N girls names in the top 100 in the U.S. in order: Nora, Nova, Naomi, Natalie, Natalia, Nevaeh.

My daughter’s nickname is Kate. One day after school she was hanging out with another Kate, Katie, Katey and one other girl.

• Upvote 1

My sister's Name is Naomi and she is the only one I know. (So I really hope they don't use it! Or my name, which is an N Name, too!) 

N names they could use:

Nicholas              Nova

Nelson.                Norah

Norman.               Nicole

Noble.                   Nellie

Noah.                    Nyla

Neil.                       Natalie

Nolan.                   Novalee

Nash.                     Naomi

Nicodemus.          Navy

Nigel.                     Nadia

Nevins.                   Nancy

Naylor.                    Natasha

Narek.                    Nina

Neville.                   Nell 

• Thank You 1

I'm betting on Nevaeh for Nurthan's first girl. It just seems like something Nurie would choose - Neveah Jill. 

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 1
  • I Agree 5

19 hours ago, Hazelbunny said:

My sister's Name is Naomi and she is the only one I know. (So I really hope they don't use it! Or my name, which is an N Name, too!) 

Snap, my sister is also a Naomi. And  I know another pair of sisters with a Naomi and my name (not and N name)

12 hours ago, anjulibai said:

I'm betting on Nevaeh for Nurthan's first girl. It just seems like something Nurie would choose - Neveah Jill. 

I'm right there with you. The only stipulation I'd go with is they'll use Neveah as a first name unless they go completely Jillerized and name her Jillian. Jillian Christine or Neveah Jill. 

7 hours ago, Giraffe said:

I'm right there with you. The only stipulation I'd go with is they'll use Neveah as a first name unless they go completely Jillerized and name her Jillian. Jillian Christine or Neveah Jill. 

I think girl 1 will be Neveah Jillian and girl 2 will be Newrie Suzette. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, caitrona said:

This will be interesting. I doubt Nurie will risk Jill's jealous rage by naming a child after Suzette but she could surprise me yet. 

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

This will be interesting. I doubt Nurie will risk Jill's jealous rage by naming a child after Suzette but she could surprise me yet. 

If the first one is named for Jill, I don't think she will care. 

• Upvote 6

NuZette 

Jevaeh 

Nathalia

5 hours ago, caitrona said:

Newrie Suzette sent me lol

NewJillette 

Nillette 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

On 3/30/2024 at 12:08 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yeah that’s why a lot of us on FJ were side eyeing the hell out of the Bontragers that named their daughter Jemima. Then the next baby after Jemima Bontrager was Spurgeon Bontrager. And that was supreme side eye. 

Wait, there are TWO fundie Spurgeons??

On 3/30/2024 at 2:48 PM, AliC said:

My mind is STILL scrambled over how they named their sixth child Jinger--Ginger but with a J--when that seems like what they would resort to for the last child if they feel like they're running out of names.

I feel like that one must have been a "I really like this name and want to use it but it doesn't start with the letter we've committed to" rather than "hmm, can't think of any more J names I like".

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Smee said:

Wait, there are TWO fundie Spurgeons??

I feel like that one must have been a "I really like this name and want to use it but it doesn't start with the letter we've committed to" rather than "hmm, can't think of any more J names I like".

Yes. Spurgeon Seewald and Spurgeon Bontrager. Sorry but the second is worse because it’s such a mouthful. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1