IGNORED

Lawson and Tiffany 10: Grifting for Children's Toys on the Newborn Registry

Coconut Flan

Continued from here:

• Thank You 1

The trampoline is for Lawson. We will see far too many videos of him doing stunts on it.

Also--wow. This AND a video baby monitor? image.thumb.png.af33ec52343163c8799a94f01c81dc19.png

Edited by HereticHick
  • Upvote 5

The idea of businesses sending free products to influencers so they’ll shill them is one thing. But the idea that Tiffany and Lawson are basically making a wish list and asking for people they don’t even know to send them donations of these items, so they can turn around and advertise the products on social media, is so low. They can afford to buy anything they want for their baby. And if they can’t, they should start working to earn money. The way these two feel like their “fans” should be honored to give them baby things is pathetic. So because Jesus loves them so extra much, they don’t need to work, can take endless vacations and are gifted everything they want for their baby (infancy through childhood). But they still want to pretend that they work hard and have talent with nothing to show for it. This is all so much worse from these two since it’s so obvious that Tiffany comes from money and they live such an extravagant lifestyle. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 1

I would love to send a message to all the folks tempted to send La’Tiff a baby gift. 

“Hi Bates fans. Lawson and Tiffany have more money than most first time parents in the US. They will be able to provide all the essentials and even more for their baby. She/he won’t go without. However there are many children who are not in the same living situation. Please think about donating the homeless shelters, battered women’s shelters, and to children in foster care. Thank you!” 

-Jerm

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 26

42 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I would love to send a message to all the folks tempted to send La’Tiff a baby gift. 

“Hi Bates fans. Lawson and Tiffany have more money than most first time parents in the US. They will be able to provide all the essentials and even more for their baby. She/he won’t go without. However there are many children who are not in the same living situation. Please think about donating the homeless shelters, battered women’s shelters, and to children in foster care. Thank you!” 

-Jerm

COULD NOT AGREE MORE!!!!! 

50 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

The idea of businesses sending free products to influencers so they’ll shill them is one thing. But the idea that Tiffany and Lawson are basically making a wish list and asking for people they don’t even know to send them donations of these items, so they can turn around and advertise the products on social media, is so low. They can afford to buy anything they want for their baby. And if they can’t, they should start working to earn money. The way these two feel like their “fans” should be honored to give them baby things is pathetic. So because Jesus loves them so extra much, they don’t need to work, can take endless vacations and are gifted everything they want for their baby (infancy through childhood). But they still want to pretend that they work hard and have talent with nothing to show for it. This is all so much worse from these two since it’s so obvious that Tiffany comes from money and they live such an extravagant lifestyle. 

All of this. Sharing their registry with fans irks me so much. They could use their platform to ask fans to donate to local women’s and children’s shelters instead. They can afford to go on extravagant trips all year round and buy an RV. They can surely then afford to buy what’s needed for their baby. But don’t worry - they’re sending people thank you notes 🙄 the entitlement is wild. 
image.thumb.png.9c0f6d6427a9027bbd4dc95ef859e811.png

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 4

Oh wow!!! If I send them a gift and put my address on I'll get a personal thank you note!?! Sign me up! 🤢

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

The trampoline is for Lawson. We will see far too many videos of him doing stunts on it.

Also--wow. This AND a video baby monitor? image.thumb.png.af33ec52343163c8799a94f01c81dc19.png

NGL, I'd have both if I could have. Had mine in the dark ages of the regular monitor. Number of times I woke a sleeping baby that was fussing in a dream was extremely frustrating. And the checking if they're breathing because they actually slept. 

Then again, I'd buy a Snoo if I were having babies today - especially a Velcro baby. I had one of those and Rufus bless this child, that one would still be carried around even if they're out of elementary school now..😂

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

38 minutes ago, Keys said:

COULD NOT AGREE MORE!!!!! 

All of this. Sharing their registry with fans irks me so much. They could use their platform to ask fans to donate to local women’s and children’s shelters instead. They can afford to go on extravagant trips all year round and buy an RV. They can surely then afford to buy what’s needed for their baby. But don’t worry - they’re sending people thank you notes 🙄 the entitlement is wild. 
image.thumb.png.9c0f6d6427a9027bbd4dc95ef859e811.png

The sense of entitlement is ridiculous. Their fans can spend $300 on a piece of baby equipment they don’t need, and Tiffany and Lawson will send a personal thank you note in return? What a great return on their investment! For many of their fans, that $300 might be the difference between eating and not eating that month. It could also buy a lot of diapers, wipes and formula for babies in shelters or foster care. 

The entire registry also belies Lawson’s attempts to portray himself as a simple country boy. Simple country boys don’t need organic bamboo towels for their baby. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 12

20 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

Oh wow!!! If I send them a gift and put my address on I'll get a personal thank you note!?! Sign me up! 🤢

If I buy a gift and he promised to never record or sing again, I might be tempted. A personal thank you note, no thanks.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 17

46 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

NGL, I'd have both if I could have. Had mine in the dark ages of the regular monitor. Number of times I woke a sleeping baby that was fussing in a dream was extremely frustrating. And the checking if they're breathing because they actually slept. 

Then again, I'd buy a Snoo if I were having babies today - especially a Velcro baby. I had one of those and Rufus bless this child, that one would still be carried around even if they're out of elementary school now..😂

Oh man - I had the old school monitor (it was a hand me down) and I hated that thing. I had a preemie and they are a LOUD bunch of babies, constantly snorting and making noise. I could hear him just fine from across the hall. 
(I only used it if I was trying to be on another floor entirely and even then it was hit or miss) 

And my kid is a snuggler and even now at 11 wants to be carried. No can do, short stack - you're almost my size now!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, HereticHick said:

? A video baby monitor is actually a normal gift? Plus they make it so you can contribute to the gift.

I made a registry and put literally everything on it but I also used it as a check lost for myself and removed things as I bought them. Had our baby shower and removed what was given to us so I k ew what was still needed 

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, RebeccaRay said:

? A video baby monitor is actually a normal gift? Plus they make it so you can contribute to the gift.

I made a registry and put literally everything on it but I also used it as a check lost for myself and removed things as I bought them. Had our baby shower and removed what was given to us so I k ew what was still needed 

I bet you didn't advertise your registry to the general public, knowing that you will get dozens of gifts from unknown fans AND most likely dozens of unsolicited items from companies hoping you will advertise them on social media. That's a BIG difference.  

The conspicuous consumption and sense of entitlement makes me want to weep. They could use their platform to promote charity, but they don't (other than their damn fool MediCorps Missioncation grift)

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

It's been a long time since I did a registry. Amazon wasn't a thing then. You went into the store and got to use the little scanner guns so my ex-fiance and I loved that. They gave you lists at Target to help guide you on what you might want or need. 

The companies must not do that any longer or some people just ignore it. My cousin got married about 18 months ago. Her registry was a hot mess. She registered for one pillow, six pasta servers, one serving spoon, four different sets of cheap plates and bowls that didn't match, a $500 toaster and a $15 toaster, etc. I have never laughed so hard as shopping for her. Then her mother complained that there were so many duplicate items at the wedding shower.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

Her registry was a hot mess. She registered for one pillow, six pasta servers, one serving spoon, four different sets of cheap plates and bowls that didn't match, a $500 toaster and a $15 toaster, etc. I have never laughed so hard as shopping for her. Then her mother complained that there were so many duplicate items at the wedding shower.

I just realized this would be a way to get money without asking for actual money. Duplicate and useless gifts... can they be returned to the store for cash or credit? Then you can buy whatever you want until the credit expires; use any refund money towards a vacation or vices or anything.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

6 hours ago, Bobology said:

I just realized this would be a way to get money without asking for actual money. Duplicate and useless gifts... can they be returned to the store for cash or credit? Then you can buy whatever you want until the credit expires; use any refund money towards a vacation or vices or anything.

I wish I could give her credit for thinking that way. She's just not that bright. These are family members who mixed up Anne Frank and Helen Keller. My cousin was telling me they visited Anne Frank's house. I was surprised, as she doesn't have a passport so I asked about it and how she got there. She said, "It's really close. I can't believe you hadn't seen it." I gave her a confused look and she told me it was just over in Alabama.

History might have been different if Anne Frank lived in Alabama.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 17

1 hour ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

I wish I could give her credit for thinking that way. She's just not that bright. These are family members who mixed up Anne Frank and Helen Keller. My cousin was telling me they visited Anne Frank's house. I was surprised, as she doesn't have a passport so I asked about it and how she got there. She said, "It's really close. I can't believe you hadn't seen it." I gave her a confused look and she told me it was just over in Alabama.

Unfortunately Helen Keller would have probably fared just as poorly in Amsterdam as Anne Frank did.

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 4
  • I Agree 6

I just looked at that registry, a $650 infant car seat?  I just shook my head over several items there, they apparently have no sense of money/value whatsoever.  

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

We all know Gil and Kelly are pleased as punch over the blatant registry grifting. It would be interesting to know the truth about how Tiffany's parents and brother think about it.

• Upvote 3

you can tell a lot about an influencer based on if they share their baby/wedding registry publicly.  or their holiday wish list.  It’s one of the quickest ways to get me to unfollow.  Not that they care, but really I don’t understand.

Kid sick and needs a cheer me up, kid needs $$$ equipment insurance won’t pay for, collecting for an organization or another family, share away.   but you’re having a baby or getting married-so tacky to share with strangers or people not invited to the shower/wedding.

The Bates also have enough family members to share some of those items if someone really couldn’t afford it on their own.  Once the sleep monitors are outgrown, pass it to the next pregnant momma, then the next, etc.  Same with car seats.  The infant ones are a pain to carry after awhile and are $$$ for the length of time used, share it until it expires and then get a new one to share.  (I’d normally say don’t use used car seats but if you know it wasn’t in a car accident, better than asking strangers to purchase one).

But this is Lawson and Tiffany.  i’d be as shocked as I was with Jill R, if they didn’t share their registry and if it didn’t have crazy items.  and all i know about them is Lawson seems very self absorbed.  like Paul from Paul and Morgan and Jill R combined.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

59 minutes ago, KWLand said:

But this is Lawson and Tiffany.  i’d be as shocked as I was with Jill R, if they didn’t share their registry and if it didn’t have crazy items.  and all i know about them is Lawson seems very self absorbed.  like Paul from Paul and Morgan and Jill R combined.  

It occurred to me earlier today that this registry reminds me of Jill's Pamper Mama shower, at which she demanded to be given perfume and sparkly jewelry. Oh, and baby things might be nice, too. 

Tiffany reminds me of my co-workers' kids and people I grew up with. She grew up in an affluent, well-educated environment and hasn't had to deal with major life challenges yet. She's always had a safety net and assumes she'll always be taken care of. Even the miscarriage wasn't a life-changing moment because she got pregnant again almost immediately. She thinks her five minutes of life experience give her the authority to tell other people what to do. Thus, she can be insufferable and spout inane opinions. At some point, life will kick her in the teeth - she or a loved one will have a major health crisis, her marriage will run into difficulties, they'll experience financial issues - which will hopefully be a maturing experience. She at least has potential to mature and move past the worst of her clinginess and damaging beliefs. Even though Lawson has experienced financial insecurity, I'm not sure he's capable of personal growth. 

• Upvote 12

If "influencers" shared a babyshower list for their local shelter, PP, or some other directly-to-the-charity option I'd donate in a heartbeat. Until then I will judge anyone with thousands of followers who posts their personally registry. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

I hope I didn't just wake anyone up because I am scream laughing LOL 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 1

Announcement video.

I did not realize they were in Mt. Juliet. I lived there as a kid. Ugh.

• Upvote 2

Let's be honest about the baby monitor. We know that it's not about watching the baby. It's about video recording the baby so they can monetize all the funny, silly, embarassing moments it has. The Truman Show in real life.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 2

I didn’t realize that thank you cards could be anything but personal. 

• Upvote 3