IGNORED

Upcoming Babies 26: More and More and More

Coconut Flan

9 minutes ago, theotherelise said:

You can come up with 5 or so names for each letter. But what if you had to come up with 10 girls or 10 boys. 

There are only so many derivations of E names in my opinion. You end up with most names beginning with the sounds Eel, Em, Ell. Your quiverfull kids will be like the Collin’s kids: Eli, Elijah, Elise, Eliza, Elizabeth, Elliott, Eleanor, Eloise, Emma, Emily, Emmett, Emerson and our favored kids Ezra and Esther and Eden. 

I will give it a try. 

Ephraim, Elizabeth, Edwin, Esther, Emmett, Enid, Eric, Elliott, Everett, Eppie (I swear a fundie named her baby this), Eve, Eden, Ezra, Etta, Ewan, Eugenie. 

Thats 16 right there all with different sounding beginnings. 

E is a great choice in my opinion.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

Edith, Evangeline, Elaine, Ethel, Evonne, Enola, Esme, Elmira, Eileen, and Eudora. Ethan, Emanuel, Edward, Everett, Easton, Errol, Earnest, Erasmus, Ezekiel, and Ellis. 

I’d add Ebony to the list, but the Kellers really can’t go with that one unless they actually adopt.

• Upvote 2

It’s too bad the Duggars didn’t go with an E name. They would have had many more choices of names that didn’t sound so much alike. Example Joy Anna, Johannah, and Jana. 

• Upvote 2

Love the E name discussion. My daughter is an E name. Four friends who had kids around the same time all have a girl with an E name. Definitely lots of options. 

• Upvote 1

I have an Erica.  Most people think she's named after Erica Kane, from "All My Children". 

She's actually named for the Author Erica Jong.  ☺️

• Upvote 1

Erica has two associations for me. One is Erika Shupe, and the other is that it was the name of the “Brown Owl” of my Brownie Guides group when I joined. Brown Owl is the traditional name given to the main leader of a Brownie unit here in the UK. I remember she always had her hair in a single long plait down her back.

• Upvote 3

Karissa Collins is having a boy 💙. What disastrous name will she chose.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

Erica has two associations for me. One is Erika Shupe, and the other is that it was the name of the “Brown Owl” of my Brownie Guides group when I joined. Brown Owl is the traditional name given to the main leader of a Brownie unit here in the UK. I remember she always had her hair in a single long plait down her back.

We use Brown Owl for the main leader in Canada too and Tawny Owl for second in command. 

• Upvote 1

The E name discussion was a big hit in our house this morning. It was the “around the table” question of the day. 

We decided to come up with a boy and girl name for each letter of the alphabet: 

Easton         Easter

Ebenezer.    Ebony

Eckehart.     Ecaterina

Edison          Edria 

Eegon           Eevonne 

Efraim          Effemia

Egerton        Egypt

Ehlyson        Ehlani 

Eilon              Eileen

Ejnar              Ejulliah

Ekram            Ekanta

Ellison             Ellory

Emmanuel      Ember

Enoch             Enya

Eoin                 Eowyn

Epic.               Epiphany 

Equerry           Equalla

Erwin               Eralla 

Eston               Esther

Ethan               Ettalyn

Euclid               Euphemia 

Everett             Evangeline 

Ewing               Ewalina 

Exton                Exalla 

Eyal                   Eydra 

Ezekiel               Ezlyn 

• Upvote 11

19 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Eppie (I swear a fundie named her baby this)

I would go with Eponine, like in Les Misérables, and use Eppie as a nickname. I know FJ isn’t fond of nicknames, but in my family, it is a tradition.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, Pancakes@Tiffany's said:

I would go with Eponine, like in Les Misérables, and use Eppie as a nickname. I know FJ isn’t fond of nicknames, but in my family, it is a tradition.

You mean you wouldn’t go with Epponnee-Raelene Kathleen Darlene Charlene? I’m shocked! 

I’m an American who loves Kath and Kim

Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

You mean you wouldn’t go with Epponnee-Raelene Kathleen Darlene Charlene? I’m shocked! 

I’m an American who loves Kath and Kim

I don’t know what any of that is. 😅 I’m in Canada. But you just gave me something to Google for fun.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Pancakes@Tiffany's said:

Eppie (I swear a fundie named her baby this)

In the book Silas Marner, there is a character called ‘Eppie’ which is short for Hephzibah.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

2 minutes ago, Wolf in Sheeples’ Clothing said:

In the book Silas Marner, there is a character called ‘Eppie’ which is short for Hephzibah.

The baby is named Eppie Daye and her mom is Holly Daye. Seriously. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

11 hours ago, BritishBabycatcher said:

Karissa Collins is having a boy 💙. What disastrous name will she chose.

i think she announced it’d be Amaree,

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, KWLand said:

I don’t think she announced it on her social media yet. I think she might’ve let it slip when ordering something with the baby’s name on it.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

Something made me look up the Boyer Girls on FJ, and there was a post in the previous baby thread, so I couldn’t quote—sorry!

I saw that Brigid is now a doula, with Brijeedoula. And wouldn’t you know it, she has another insta called evespromise. That handle is…like, was Eve really into birthing babies, or is ‘promise ’ a try-hard sublimation of ‘curse’? For a fundie Christian, the handle actually sounds threatening!

• Sad 1
  • WTF 2

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don’t think she announced it on her social media yet. I think she might’ve let it slip when ordering something with the baby’s name on it.

Gotcha.  I don’t follow her but see reddit posts about her and couldn’t remember where I saw the name.

If it is Amaree, it’s the first “non-noun as a name” name for awhile, right,  I can’t remember them all—anchor, armor, anthym, aynjel, are the four I remember that are other words.  Then andre, arissa (is is anissa?), anniston (i will never be convinced it’s not after jennifer anniston).  So I’m missing 3.   

Anyway, lucky kid gets a normal name if it’s amaree 

3 hours ago, KWLand said:

My guess was Arrow Canaan on the Baby Names Thread. Her boy names follow an ACC pattern & don't have cutesy spellings. Since there's not much with the aforementioned pattern, that's what lead me to my guess.

18 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

17 hours ago, Expectopatronus said:

We use Brown Owl for the main leader in Canada too and Tawny Owl for second in command. 

I am a Brown Owl! In Ireland, but was also a Tawny Owl in the UK. I love being Brown Owl and the whole story that goes with it. 

• Upvote 2

I don’t remember the phrase Tawny Owl being used, but I can remember the woman who would have used that title, as it were. 

I vote for Elphaba 

• Haha 6

There's a photo of Victoria Neely Smith on the Spring100 walk blog.

I'm not sure how many children she has now, but that's a multiple stroller!

Spoiler

20240329_214648.jpg

• Thank You 3

26 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

There's a photo of Victoria Neely Smith on the Spring100 walk blog.

I'm not sure how many children she has now, but that's a multiple stroller!

Reveal hidden contents

20240329_214648.jpg

I think this family pic is from around fall of 2022 but I’m not positive. 

7ED7E8FB-4925-45A4-AFCF-4F8AD6F0F6C9.jpegAnd this picture was the same day and you can see baby bumps: 

398C7684-EE1C-4CEA-9D4B-ED55967DB7B6.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

On 3/28/2024 at 10:23 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s too bad the Duggars didn’t go with an E name. They would have had many more choices of names that didn’t sound so much alike. Example Joy Anna, Johannah, and Jana. 

There are plenty of J names that don't sound too much alike, the Duggars are just idiots. They could have had Jemima, Jocelyn, Judith, Juliet. I don't know what was wrong with just "Joy" that they needed to make it Joy-Anna when they already had Jana, or why it took them 17 tries and three repeats before they discovered the oh-so-uncommon Jennifer.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7