IGNORED

JinJer and Felicity 42: American Girl (grand)Duggar

Georgiana

16 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Nah, baaaaabbbbeeeeee is a little girl! What would she need with books? lol! When Jinger and Jeremy's 'little man' is born I'm sure one of the first pictures we'll see of him will be Jeremy lovingly reading to him from one of his many leather-bound volumes.

You're right, how could I forget?

Under his eye. 

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting that baby was born in San Antonio (with more and better hospitals than Laredo has)--isn't it more than 2 hours from Laredo?

Was it a scheduled birth?

7 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Interesting that baby was born in San Antonio (with more and better hospitals than Laredo has)--isn't it more than 2 hours from Laredo?

Was it a scheduled birth?

She could have been induced the day before her due date, with as big as baby was I can see docs not wanting her to go past her due date and risk a c/section for 9+ pound baby.

43 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Nah, baaaaabbbbeeeeee is a little girl! What would she need with books? lol! When Jinger and Jeremy's 'little man' is born I'm sure one of the first pictures we'll see of him will be Jeremy lovingly reading to him from one of his many leather-bound volumes.

You mean kicking a soccer ball around with him. 

3 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

I thought Jana was there too.  Perhaps hidden from photos as has been done in the past or perhaps taking care of the Seewald boys?

Glad Jessa was able to make it.

With Jessa and Michelle in Texas, you have one guess here: Who's needed in Arkansas, running the household in TTH

Jelly of Felicity's nursery.  I could totally take a nap in there right now.

Didn't the Vuolo's post that they were doing something for the church (or visiting some friends??) in San Antonio in the days leading right up to Felicity's birth? Wonder if it was more an oops that Felicity was born there than a planned event, make for a good storyline though. And yeah traveling for good care is one thing, but like 2.5 hours? Kinda risky! Be interesting to see how they spin it. Glad to see both that Jessa was there but it appears Jill was not. 

Baby is actually really cute and looking very alert! Still geting used to regulating her own circulation I see. (For the no kiddos members, newborns often have blue hands and feet while their bodies adjust to life without the placenta. Very normal) Dear Gods  hope they do right by that little girl!

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

Read your comment, I immediately thought of this, and now I’m convinced this is exactly what Jeremy said to convince Jinger to court him. :pb_lol:

D587F9FA-80C9-4BDA-A606-1F744CAF6266.jpeg.fe6fd8923a64e1446428899bf0e9c681.jpeg

oh God, I actually want to pin JinJer's nursery. They've finally found my weak spot - evangelising through interior decor!

12 minutes ago, AprilQuilt said:

oh God, I actually want to pin JinJer's nursery. They've finally found my weak spot - evangelising through interior decor!

bet that was mostly Jana with a little Jessa thrown in. Jinger doesn't seem to care so much about interior design and Jana and Jess do and were mentioned coming down to help with the nursery. 

21 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Read your comment, I immediately thought of this, and now I’m convinced this is exactly what Jeremy said to convince Jinger to court him. :pb_lol:

D587F9FA-80C9-4BDA-A606-1F744CAF6266.jpeg.fe6fd8923a64e1446428899bf0e9c681.jpeg

I may or may not have had that exact quote in mind when I commented... :pb_lol:

I like the nursery, but knowing that Jana and Jessa helped design it just makes grown because that means there’s yet another “decorating JinJer’s house” episode coming. Will Jessa butt heads with Jana over style? Will Jeremy butt heads with Jessa over control and changing things in his house? Will Jinger be caught in the middle? Also did you know the theme is southwest style because they live in TEXAS?? Find out on this season of Counting On. :pb_rollseyes:

2 minutes ago, Mayluka said:

I like the nursery, but knowing that Jana and Jessa helped design it just makes grown because that means there’s yet another “decorating JinJer’s house” episode coming. Will Jessa butt heads with Jana over style? Will Jeremy butt heads with Jessa over control and changing things in his house? Will Jinger be caught in the middle? Also did you know the theme is southwest style because they live in TEXAS?? Find out on this season of Counting On. :pb_rollseyes:

Ten bucks says Jessa wanted to put a little bookcase for board books into a closet in the Nursery and Jeremy wasn’t happy about that. 

2 minutes ago, Mayluka said:

There was that pic on Jeremy's instagram from June 24 of Jessa, Jana, Ben, and Laura visiting J&J in Texas. I wonder if that's when they finalized the nursery design. That's less than a month out from Jinger's due date, but they could have had some of it ready and just wanted to put on the finishing touches.

4 minutes ago, metheglyn said:

There was that pic on Jeremy's instagram from June 24 of Jessa, Jana, Ben, and Laura visiting J&J in Texas. I wonder if that's when they finalized the nursery design. That's less than a month out from Jinger's due date, but they could have had some of it ready and just wanted to put on the finishing touches.

finished that's funny this is the Duggar's I'm sure they started and finished it all in that time well rushing around at the last second so they could get home on time. just like with that kitchen. 

Long time lurker here that obviously doesn't post much (trying to fix that).

I'm actually not a fan of the nursery. Unpopular opinion, yikes. I like that they didn't paint everything bright pink with bows and ribbons but I'm just not feeling it, I guess?  But I tend to prefer bedrooms completely carpeted with very warm tones and overstuffed comfy chairs. I'm a simpleton.  :lol: I am curious about that crib though. Vintage? Custom made? It's an interesting piece. 

14 minutes ago, Mayluka said:

Ten bucks says Jessa wanted to put a little bookcase for board books into a closet in the Nursery and Jeremy wasn’t happy about that. 

ETA: This somehow posted twice. I’m not sure how. Maybe I have magical powers? In which case, I highly suggest you all perform the following test on me:

93CA0F44-BD8D-4C8A-84F1-6A1D9E35C8A4.jpeg.f1a0b15fb3ee23f8d969266ae069c8b3.jpeg 

21 minutes ago, Silas said:

Long time lurker here that obviously doesn't post much (trying to fix that).

I'm actually not a fan of the nursery. Unpopular opinion, yikes. I like that they didn't paint everything bright pink with bows and ribbons but I'm just not feeling it, I guess?  But I tend to prefer bedrooms completely carpeted with very warm tones and overstuffed comfy chairs. I'm a simpleton.  :lol: I am curious about that crib though. Vintage? Custom made? It's an interesting piece. 

It’s the Babyletto Lolly 3 in 1.  Here’s the link.  https://www.2modern.com/products/lolly-3-in-1-convertible-crib-with-toddler-bed-conversion-kit?variant=18308750085&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cse&utm_term=18308750085&gclid=Cj0KCQjwv-DaBRCcARIsAI9sba_we31fOILxS4XE7CWUaR66119lsGNqJRZdxkgvKU0NSI7gqupXjLYaAtMjEALw_wcB

The nursery looks kind of blah to me, but maybe it just doesn’t photograph well. It’s better than Pepto-Bismol pink with those inspirational signs so beloved of fundie millennials.

That crib is in the in-line ads on the Us magazine site... At least for me. lol

Well, the nursery seems tasteful but rather blah to me too.  I'm a fan of gender-neutral primary colors in nurseries.  Think yellow and red with touches of bright bright blue and green.

I'm not seeing a Southwestern theme except for a blanket.  What I am seeing is - we plan to flip this house so don't go wild with non-neutral wall color.  Neutrals rule.  It makes me wonder whether Jeremy's church plant is circling the drain.  Most church plants are only funded for a year or two and need to show significant growth or the funding church pulls the plug.

I'm also surprised that none of our crusading Moms have pointed out yet that either the crib or the plant has to be moved as soon as Felicity can pull herself up.  And I hate macrame plant hangers.  I lived through the 70s, made a few myself, and they were pug-ugly then.

My question for Jinger is: why can't you decorate your own darn nursery all by your own damn self!  Tell Jessa and Jana to take a hike and grow some ovaries young woman!

1 hour ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

finished that's funny this is the Duggar's I'm sure they started and finished it all in that time well rushing around at the last second so they could get home on time. just like with that kitchen. 

Also a possibility. I suppose I was hoping they at least already had a crib!

I like the nursery. I'm fond of simple, clean lines, minimalist furniture and decor. I grew up in "Early American" hell and then lived in a colonial-style house and I HATED it. Our new place is contemporary with a vaulted ceiling, plant shelves up high (waiting to see if the kitties manage the leap from the steps to the ledge) and the walls are painted a cream-ish color. But then again, I have allegedly "shitty taste" anyway (according to the mother). I like open floor space, plenty of room to move around. Clutter tends to ratchet up the anxiety level for some reason. I'm the queen of throwing shit away or giving shit away. 

Jinger looks lovely and the photo of her and Felicity is super sweet. Fingers crossed they fall so much in love with their little one that they want to give her everything. Including a proper education. 

I was never a doll person. I only loved books. Miniway loves shopkins and grossery gang. I think the former are cute but the gossery gang is quite gross. At least they’re small. :)

D9A46C6E-15F3-4596-A04D-5B995D06F72A.jpeg

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

My question for Jinger is: why can't you decorate your own darn nursery all by your own damn self!  Tell Jessa and Jana to take a hike and grow some ovaries young woman!

I must confess- decorating is really not my thing. Fortunately, my Sweetie likes it and is good at it, so I'm comfortable putting him in charge. (Seriously, if decorating were left up to me, I'd have a plaque that my grandfather had, a picture or two my father painted, a cuckoo clock, and a spray paint picture from Mexico. That would very possibly be it in my whole house!)

As long as I have a comfy place to sit, good light to read by, and a comfy bed that's kind of where my decorating starts and ends. Now kitchen textiles on the other hand...

40 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

I must confess- decorating is really not my thing. Fortunately, my Sweetie likes it and is good at it, so I'm comfortable putting him in charge. (Seriously, if decorating were left up to me, I'd have a plaque that my grandfather had, a picture or two my father painted, a cuckoo clock, and a spray paint picture from Mexico. That would very possibly be it in my whole house!)

As long as I have a comfy place to sit, good light to read by, and a comfy bed that's kind of where my decorating starts and ends. Now kitchen textiles on the other hand...

You know something?   Babies don't need fancy pants "decorated" nurseries.  All infants really need to thrive is one of these (or something very similar):  https://www.finnishbabybox.com/en/ 

And love.  The rest comes later.  And can be just as simple, low tech, low cost, and easy to attain.

And the decoration of a nursery, if you are lucky enough to have the space, should be child-friendly.  Adaptable.  Easy to add to or subtract from as child grows.  There is no need to have a "theme" other than "child" - let alone "southwestern." 

As for Jinger, I stand by being harsh.  It is one thing not to like or care about decorating.  It is another to dodge the responsibility and stand by to let others take over, unless it is your spouse or partner.  Jeremy lives there too.  IIRC, Jinger stood by and let bossy Jessa stick Jeremy's precious books in a closet. 

She needs to woman up and do her own decorating - or lack of decorating - and not let or make her sisters take over.  She's an adult.  She should adult.

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived