IGNORED

JinJer and Felicity 42: American Girl (grand)Duggar

Georgiana

I think Ben was also given critical thinking skills. He may not always USE them, but based on what I know about his family and their friends (we have mutual friends) I think education was placed highly among Ben's family. He also has passions he isn't afraid of showing. When we went to NPCC at the same time, he was railing against sex trafficking and involved in getting word out about how to spot those.

To me, he has one up on Derrick in that regard. Can't say for sure about Jeremy, I dont know. 

Been may have been homeschooled, but he was given more educationally than the Duggar kids.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, FJismyheadship said:

I think Ben was also given critical thinking skills. He may not always USE them, but based on what I know about his family and their friends (we have mutual friends) I think education was placed highly among Ben's family. He also has passions he isn't afraid of showing. When we went to NPCC at the same time, he was railing against sex trafficking and involved in getting word out about how to spot those.

you saw Ben's bicep up close :D I forget these precious things 

The biggest difference between Ben and Derick is that Ben was raised with fundie beliefs (although he isn’t a Gothard fundie) while Derick was raised in a fairly mainstream Christian household and converted (most likely after his dad’s sudden death). Converts are often overly zealous about their new found belief system because they are looking for something to “fix” their problems. Going fundie isn’t going to solve derick’s problems. Therapy will. I will always side eye the hell out of converts because of this. 

Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

The biggest difference between Ben and Derick is that Ben was raised with fundie beliefs (although he isn’t a Gothard fundie) while Derick was raised in a fairly mainstream Christian household and converted (most likely after his dad’s sudden death). Converts are often overly zealous about their new found belief system because they are looking for something to “fix” their problems. Going fundie isn’t going to solve derick’s problems. Therapy will. I will always side eye the hell out of converts because of this. 

that and Ben never ever posts anymore whereas Ofjill repeatedly does. 

My issue with Jinger refusing to take a stance or have an opinion on anything is that I am like her. I have friends who have much stronger personalities than me and I have always followed. Guess what happens? You get trampled, your opinion gets lost, and after a while, they sort of forget that you do have an opinion. It's hard to be assertive when you've always been a follower and it's hard to be taken seriously. I don't want Jinger to be 30 and realize that it did matter what the nursery looked like, that she wanted to decorate it a certain way and she didn't get to. Those regrets do come up, I look back on prom dress shopping with my Mom and I wish that 17 year old me could have had an opinion. I didn't, I wish I could have told them to shove it, I didn't. 

It's hard to get trampled on and look back and say "If I only said something..." It's not about not caring or not being stereotypical in terms of traits. It's about watching people refusing to give their opinion to avoid conflict or the stronger personality pushing them anyway and ending up with what they didn't want. See Joy's wedding dress. 

He used to post but got scared or surprised all the backlash probably. He still believes the same stuff and will teach his kids that stuff. Just Like Derick will.

Wow there are some big judgements about personalities and life being made in this thread based on nursery decor and a single quote from a magazine. I’m not going to add anything to the discussion other than to summon Cathy Dillard.

97082F20-5BF9-4DBB-BBBC-E7C0746108D6.png.b47f0cbbfcd7892c1691344d54c2d355.png

14 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

My issue with Jinger refusing to take a stance or have an opinion on anything is that I am like her. I have friends who have much stronger personalities than me and I have always followed. Guess what happens? You get trampled, your opinion gets lost, and after a while, they sort of forget that you do have an opinion. It's hard to be assertive when you've always been a follower and it's hard to be taken seriously. I don't want Jinger to be 30 and realize that it did matter what the nursery looked like, that she wanted to decorate it a certain way and she didn't get to. Those regrets do come up, I look back on prom dress shopping with my Mom and I wish that 17 year old me could have had an opinion. I didn't, I wish I could have told them to shove it, I didn't. 

It's hard to get trampled on and look back and say "If I only said something..." It's not about not caring or not being stereotypical in terms of traits. It's about watching people refusing to give their opinion to avoid conflict or the stronger personality pushing them anyway and ending up with what they didn't want. See Joy's wedding dress. 

I doubt Jinger will turn 30 and realize her whole life she was trampled on.  She is married to Jeremy.  He may give her props to dressing better but emotionally she will forever be 16.  She is still the child in their eyes of the Duggars, her BFF is so indoctrinated that she won't let her realize it. 

and this is in no way to bum you out...and I am the opposite -personality wise...I am constantly trying to lead...sometimes it gets me sometimes it doesn't 

my mom is the people please whereas I am eh who cares. 

14 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

He used to post but got scared or surprised all the backlash probably. He still believes the same stuff and will teach his kids that stuff. Just Like Derick will.

he just knows where his bread is buttered better. 

8 minutes ago, nst said:

he just knows where his bread is buttered better. 

Try saying that ten times fast.

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

@Mama Mia Thats it! I wish to court you! I have a purity ruler all ready 

Excuuuuse me, did you ask her headship first??

56 minutes ago, nst said:

that and Ben never ever posts anymore whereas Ofjill repeatedly does. 

Ben still post just not on IG honestly sometimes I wonder if he just forgot his password. as of recently he posted this on twitter about Jeremy. 

If Jinger had the baby in SA, where did she receive her prenatal care? Was she making the drive each time, especially in the heat at the end of her pregnancy? Did she receive helterskelter/piecemeal care, or no/spotty care?

it seems that perhaps the Jessa/Jana decorating queens was nothing but an episode filler and free nursery for the Vuolos.

Having survived a year + with baby buzzard I WISH that my nursery was hardwood with a rug after all the episodes of puke, pee, and one poopslosion.  I now think that everything in a nursery should be able to go in a washing machine and/or get nuked with clorox easily.

31 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

If Jinger had the baby in SA, where did she receive her prenatal care? Was she making the drive each time, especially in the heat at the end of her pregnancy? Did she receive helterskelter/piecemeal care, or no/spotty care?

Hot as hell is mitigated with this newfangled thing called "air conditioning" that's currently available in most if not all of those horseless carriages these days. Us desert dwellers go places even when its close to 120F outside (as it was, unofficially, here in sin city yesterday). 

Its entirely possible she had her pre-natal in Laredo and delivered in SA at a birthing center. Maybe she was induced in SA because they had concerns for a sorta LGA baby in an untried pelvis. 

image.png.3a7e14464e613a127b8f49e783374187.png

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/news/jinger-duggar-reveals-what-made-her-cry-in-the-delivery-room/

another article. I thought it would give more details of how the birth went but it really didn’t say much. I guess we’ll hear about when they air the TLC birth special. I think they could air it around the time of their pregnancy reveal on the show, which according to my guide is on Aug 13th

I can be opinionated on issues I’m interested in, but if it’s not something I’m particularly interested in then I don’t care much. I never liked group work at school/university as I never really had any ideas, and I’m also a follower rather than leader. It takes me a bit longer than most people to process things mentally, which didn’t help. 

Do we know if Jinger had any input at all/if Jessa and Jana asked her opinion on things? 

1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

Its entirely possible she had her pre-natal in Laredo and delivered in SA at a birthing center. Maybe she was induced in SA because they had concerns for a sorta LGA baby in an untried pelvis. 

Birthing centers don't induce you (though they might send you to the hospital if there is a medical need for one), and they wouldn't recommend inducing for the size of baby, anyway (which can't be accurately determined, as the ultrasounds can be off by 3 pounds in either direction). Also, 8lbs 3 oz is a completely normal-sized newborn. :) It's certainly not a reason for induction of a first-time mom, although hospitals are pretty notorious for inductions for ANY reason, to be frank. 

Also, driving 2 hours away isn't really unheard of if you want a midwife or a specific doctor/hospital to deliver your baby at.

Looking at the photos, it appears that Felicity was born at a hospital. It's possible she was born at a birth center in a hospital, though. But the door, the hospital hat and blanket (which you usually don't get at a standing birth center), and the bracelet pretty much give it away. So either hospital, or birth center located in a hospital.

I did a quick search and only two providers in San Antonio allow midwives; St. Luke's Baptist Hospital and Methodist Healthcare (they have a few hospitals). They each have a youtube video for more details. BUT a regular OB/GYN could have been in charge of the birth, so it's anyone's guess where she was born and I'm not going to guess. There are a number of hospitals in that area. But if Jinger wanted the best opportunity of a natural birth in a hospital, then it'd be one of those two. 

And, even though it's hotter than Satan's asshole after eating a bushel of habaneros...there are ways to deal with the heat. 

#1 Avoid going outside

#2 Car air conditioner

#3 Freezer case at your local grocery store/mini mart.

#4 Blessedly sitting under the vent at your office/church/wherever

#5 An all expense paid trip to wherever there is snow this time of year. 

A thermometer at a shopping center on my way home was reading 123F. Us desert dwellers manage to survive. 

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

it seems that perhaps the Jessa/Jana decorating queens was nothing but an episode filler and free nursery for the Vuolos.

ding ding and that is an episode we get to see soon. 

21 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

Historically controversial subject alert: she's barefoot in this picture! :pb_lol:

jinger-duggar-baby-crying.jpg?w=683&h=10

LOL all I could think of looking at that photo is that I hope to God they get rid of that plant before Felicity stands up in the crib. I can't even imagine what my son would have done, he'd have been swinging like a monkey off that thing.

3 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I now think that everything in a nursery should be able to go in a washing machine and/or get nuked with clorox easily.

You should have seen how much white cotton was in the nursery after the first child.  :)  

@feministxtianI also live on the surface of the sun. My outdoor thermometer read 121 yesterday. The only thing that really pisses me off about the heat is when I forget to put the steering wheel cover on and I have to sit there with the AC running in the car to cool the steering wheel down. Otherwise, we tolerate the heat and adjust our outside time.

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived