IGNORED

M is for Mama 17

Coconut Flan

8 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

She talked about how the little children were taking bread from the pantry and putting it in there. So maybe it was clean when it came home but then the food got in it? 

I think she just lied.  She didn't want to admit that she hadn't even opened the cabinet and cleaned it out so she blamed it on the boys.  They'd have no reason to put bread in there and, honestly, it didn't look like bread crumbs.  Abbie was so excited over her latest ugly find that it hadn't occurred to her to clean it up first.

• Upvote 8

I don't think it's a genuine MCM. I think it's an imitation. A $6000 piece of forniture in perfect shape is not sold for $500. Yes, sometimes this happens, but I suspect Abbie is lying to appear as the smartest buyer. She is noot overspending, she is nooot spoiled, she is investing!

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

More proof she has a shopping problem. She sells stuff all the time. Therefore you don’t notice how much she constantly buys. 

71F60A17-1C43-45B5-A110-45C1615EBB6A.jpeg

More lies d from Braggie. She constantly complained about her concrete counter top because it was always chipping. She also complained about the paint on the cabinets chipping as well. She has been wanting to redo The Whole kitchen for awhile and a total gut job was not necessary at all. She lies as much as she breathes. 

8941C41B-4AE6-45B6-A41B-E49E9E798456.jpeg

I have to add she got two new dishwashers, a new giant fridge and a new $12,000 stove/oven. I’m sure they weren’t broken by the “flood.”

• Upvote 9
  • Eyeroll 1

Didn't she call them "twinbies" as a portmanteau for twin babies? Those are not babies anymore and haven't been for a while. I'm probably just being BEC about this but I do wonder if they'll be babied for as long as Janessa Rodrigues is.

• Upvote 5

"Very thoughtful and intentional updates".  That's a load of bullshit.  She wanted her kitchen redone and they were willing to spend six months in a rental to have it just like Braggie wanted it.  If she'd really put thought into it, she would have arranged the kitchen so that it was more child-friendly.  She could have actually had the kitchen designed so it would be easier to prep for meals and clean up afterwards.  I see nothing like that.  It's just new knobs, distressed painting, and old furniture.   (That distressed green door is making me nuts.)  Where are the pull-outs for pan storage?  What about, you know, rounding the damn corners so your little boys aren't always cracking their skulls on the corners as they skid around the kitchen?  What about comfortable seating?  What about a pantry that's closer to the kitchen counter?  What about making the daily dinnerware easier to put away and not using shelves in the kitchen to display your mismatched bowls and cups?  And why is there a bandanna hanging right near a stove burner?

8 minutes ago, MariaariaM said:

Didn't she call them "twinbies" as a portmanteau for twin babies? Those are not babies anymore and haven't been for a while. I'm probably just being BEC about this but I do wonder if they'll be babied for as long as Janessa Rodrigues is.

Yes, they will.  The girls are twinsies and the boys are twinbies.  Abbie thinks that's cute.  She mentioned in a story yesterday that she had to clean some poopy diapers so the boys are nearly four and she still isn't toilet training them.  They will stay babies for a couple more years.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 4
  • I Agree 2

If I were her neighbor I'd assume a hoarder lived there based on the porch, even if the crap cluttering it up frequently changed. 

• Upvote 4

Ugh, she is constantly reminding everyone that they built the house themselves. 🙄

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, Xan said:

She could have actually had the kitchen designed so it would be easier to prep for meals and clean up afterwards.  I see nothing like that

I don't think her mind goes to functionality because she's not using that space for much. She's all pretty! Shiny!! NEW!!

3 hours ago, Xan said:

She mentioned in a story yesterday that she had to clean some poopy diapers so the boys are nearly four and she still isn't toilet training them.  They will stay babies for a couple more years

I would be getting that looked into (ie seeing a continence nurse), that's unusually late to be still in diapers, particularly with older siblings. If she can't see that that is a problem it's a bit of a worry.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, MomKB said:

Ugh, she is constantly reminding everyone that they built the house themselves. 🙄

Yep. And it’s not actually true either. We know they hired out plenty of stuff. If she actually made a list of the stuff they hired out, it would be long. 

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I don't think it's a genuine MCM. I think it's an imitation. A $6000 piece of forniture in perfect shape is not sold for $500. Yes, sometimes this happens, but I suspect Abbie is lying to appear as the smartest buyer. She is noot overspending, she is nooot spoiled, she is investing!

Either it’s not genuine (anyone remember the “apothecary table” from Friends 😂), or she paid a lot more than she admitted. It’s easier to justify overbuying when you pretend every purchase was a major bargain.

• I Agree 5

11 hours ago, GreenBeans said:

It’s easier to justify overbuying when you pretend lie every purchase was a major bargain.

FTFY

Also -- I think Braggie is too lazy/ unconcerned about toilet training the "twinbies".  I suspect one of the older BroDads/ SisMoms will decide soon to do it themselves because they are tired of cleaning up poopy diapers, etc. I don't believe for a nano second Braggie does it herself.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

FTFY

Also -- I think Braggie is too lazy/ unconcerned about toilet training the "twinbies". 

That's my assumption too. She's probably had a couple who trained themselves so she's simply too up her own selfies bother spending any amount of time potty training them. 

And yes, when they get potty trained it will be because a sibling or grandmother did it. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

I think AH and Shaun are just over having to do any of the hard work that parenting requires. If they were in a more standard sized family for our current era, they’d have 3 teenagers and would be free to date and travel at their leisure with less help needed. They are in their 40s and so over running around after 5 little boys and doing all that is required to keep those kids safe, nurtured… Most people who have access to BC and medical care make other, more responsible decisions. What is particularly sad about this situation is AH doesn’t really have a motherly bone in her body- and she’ll admit that this role does not come naturally to her. Having lived through many decades and “seasons”, I thought the 40s were the hardest ones. I had tween aged kids plus peri menopause- the health issues were starting to creep up- it was just not a pleasant time.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I think AH and Shaun are just over having to do any of the hard work that parenting requires...

Hard agree. This is so many of the families I snark on. I have a number of friends who are over having newborns and toddlers and young children in general. And you know what they did as a response to that? They stopped having children! One friend was always a one an done. But another friend became a one and done after going through life with a newborn and realized she could not cope with dealing with that again. So she didn't! 

• Upvote 12

8 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

Hard agree. This is so many of the families I snark on. I have a number of friends who are over having newborns and toddlers and young children in general. And you know what they did as a response to that? They stopped having children! One friend was always a one an done. But another friend became a one and done after going through life with a newborn and realized she could not cope with dealing with that again. So she didn't! 

I’m the same age as Braggie and I was so glad to be over the baby toddler stage. Her girl twins are the same age as my older son and her son Theo is the same age as my younger son. And she’s had 4 kids since having this kids. I would be so miserable and phoning everything in. If I had 4 more kids. I’m so glad I can focus on my 2 kids and enjoy parenting them. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 6

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m the same age as Braggie and I was so glad to be over the baby toddler stage. Her girl twins are the same age as my older son and her son Theo is the same age as my younger son. And she’s had 4 kids since having this kids. I would be so miserable and phoning everything in. If I had 4 more kids. I’m so glad I can focus on my 2 kids and enjoy parenting them. 

I always knew I wanted only one child. I've been a teacher forever and the only work break I had in 42 years was the three months of maternity leave when she was born. But, luckily, I was able to spend every summer at home with her and when she started school our schedules were very similar and we had the same school vacations. 

For me that was perfect. One child was enough because my job has always been demanding from late August to June, and I know my limits. My husband works full time too and was always unusually involved in her life. Even with his considerable help I still was only able to really focus on just one. It's all so individual. But more than two kids? No way. I'm exhausted just thinking about it. My daughter and I are great friends (not in the Jill way - ewww) now that she's in her 20's and on her own. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 6

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I'm so glad for you, too ❤️ I always wanted 3 kids and ended up having them 2 years apart because I wanted them to be close in age. Their dad and I worked separate shifts, so no daycare involved but very little sleep! Thank God for youth because I swear I look back at it and have no clue how I did it. Run on fumes I guess, but my girls grew up pretty tight and good friends so it was all worth it.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 11

23 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I think AH and Shaun are just over having to do any of the hard work that parenting requires.

From what we've seen of Shaun, I don't think he's done any of the parenting expect showing up in the family photos. Which isn't parenting at all. He's never there because of work travel and when he is (rarely) he's holed up in his office.  I'm convinced he never wanted 10 children, but now he has them he simply ignores parenting because he didn't/ doesn't want to parent 10 children.

Braggie, but mostly her mom, parented when some of the kids were small. But it's been BroDads and SisMoms parenting since Ezra was about 11-12. Braggie has told us often she's not maternal. We can clearly see that in her negligent non-parenting and her hate for Shiloh.  I cannot wrap my mind around why she decided to martyr/ torture herself by being quiverfull.

Unless that was the point. Be a self-tortured martyr for Jesus, because that shows she's the super shiny sparkly bestest Christian ever and Jesus loves her the most and the best, showering never ending blessings on her.  A complete kitchen remodel! A $6000 MCM chest for $500!! Anthro always on sale!! Closet the size of a room!! 6 weeks vacation in Europe.!!

Oh yes Jesus loves her (the most) this she knows, because all her stuff/ shopping/ travel tells her so.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

I suspect it was a combination of initially wanting to be quiverful, discovering she "wasn't maternal" and then instead of changing her mind like most people she doubled down so she could be the Most Perfect Mother/Martyr For Jesus.

I wanted to have 3 children, for various reasons that wasn't possible. It still annoys me that mothers like Abbie and Jill are so bloody awful at it, when so many women struggle with fertility.

As for Shaun... it's hard to tell. I don't think he is engaged by small children, but once they are older he interacts more with them. I'm still surprised his work travel hasn't involved a vasectomy.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 5

I'm still surprised his work travel hasn't involved a vasectomy.

@Ozlsn I'm not convinced it hasn't as the twinbies are nearly 3. A secret vasectomy of course.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

@Ozlsn I'm not convinced it hasn't as the twinbies are nearly 3. A secret vasectomy of course.

They are 3.5. The twin boys will be 4 in October. 

• Upvote 1

And still not toilet trained!?! -- That's.... umm... not sure what it is ......, but... umm ...... wow ...... that's ... something.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

I waited until my boys were around 3.5 to potty train. I know a lot of people thought it was late. My oldest son did fine and was potty trained very quickly. My younger son is a bit different. He’s not diagnosed with anything. But he’s a very spirited and stubborn child to his core. Which mean potty training took years. Yes years.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They are 3.5. The twin boys will be 4 in October. 

I think their birthdays are September 25th, all 4 of them. 🙄

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

I think their birthdays are September 25th, all 4 of them. 🙄

That’s right. Braggie’s bday is like 9 days after that in October I think. She always gets to take a trip for her birthday. The 4 twins get a fucking donut with a candle. 

• Upvote 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic