IGNORED

M is for Mama 17

Coconut Flan

So 3 girls share a room with two sets of built in bunk beds. 

4 boys share a room with two sets of built in bunk beds. 

Then the twins are in the small nursery. 

Shiloh must be in one of those small rooms with no windows they tucked away in the ridiculously laid out maze of rooms.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 2

I have no idea how Braggie's family really works so I'm implying nothing here.  I just want to say that in families where one child is a scapegoat child, that kid tends to get more isolated.  

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 4
  • I Agree 6

10 minutes ago, Xan said:

I have no idea how Braggie's family really works so I'm implying nothing here.  I just want to say that in families where one child is a scapegoat child, that kid tends to get more isolated.  

Agreed. It wouldn't surprise me if he's treated poorly by some/most of his siblings, too. 

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 1

11 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Ok each bedroom has windows. But it’s still laid out ridiculously in my opinion :

CBFB9645-17F4-446A-917A-D5456B51FD8A.jpeg

0891BCB1-77F9-4677-8B1E-62CBF4A9DC9B.jpeg

It's laid out by fundies who think that all people being equal in the eyes of God translates to all people having roughly equal skill sets. Who needs an architect who might not even go to (Braggie's) church when you can just build tons of bedrooms on your cheap land for all the blessings God will surely bestow on your amazing self?

• Upvote 10

Just now, EmiSue said:

It's laid out by fundies who think that all people being equal in the eyes of God translates to all people having roughly equal skill sets. Who needs an architect who might not even go to (Braggie's) church when you can just build tons of bedrooms on your cheap land for all the blessings God will surely bestow on your amazing self?

It’s hilarious to think they designed this house when they had 5 kids. What if she had unexplained infertility? That’s a huge house for only 5 kids. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Well, that's bizarre.  They have bedrooms where you have to exit through another bedroom.  They did that on both sides of the upstairs.  In order to get to the bathroom, you have to go through someone's bedroom.

I imagine she put the twinbies in the regular sized bedroom and Shiloh might be in the actual nursery.  She could have stuck him in the study.

None of this makes sense.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 8

2 hours ago, Giraffe said:

It wouldn't surprise me if he's treated poorly by some/most of his siblings, too. 

I firmly believe Braggie encourages that.

Shaun ignores all of his children (except in those forced photos).  Braggie pretty much hates Shiloh (and isn't shy about showing it on line).

That poor little boy.

Is there anyone in his life who loves him, encourages him, shows him he's special just the way he is?

Dear Rufus I hope so.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 9

3 hours ago, Xan said:

Well, that's bizarre.  They have bedrooms where you have to exit through another bedroom.  They did that on both sides of the upstairs.  In order to get to the bathroom

So no one really has privacy…reminds me of some Mormon stories I’ve heard.

• Upvote 3

So they have 6 marked bedrooms, plus 2 studies and they have four kids per bedroom, really? Why wouldn't you have the oldest two boys in one room, the two sets of twins each in one room, Shiloh and his older brother in one room and the oldest girl in a room? 

That entire house plan is bizarre, how does anyone escape some of those rooms in case of fire?

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

So they have 6 marked bedrooms, plus 2 studies and they have four kids per bedroom, really? Why wouldn't you have the oldest two boys in one room, the two sets of twins each in one room, Shiloh and his older brother in one room and the oldest girl in a room? 

That entire house plan is bizarre, how does anyone escape some of those rooms in case of fire?

It feels like the TTH: Have large rooms where all the kids are together instead of smaller rooms with privacy. I’m honestly not sure how they got approval for the building, doesn’t a country inspector have to look at the plans for safety reasons? I guess in case of fire, the kids could jump out of the window except for the ground floor bedroom. Also, of course the master bedroom is larger than the kids rooms, despite the kids rooms housing double the people… reminds me of these van life influencers, where mom and dad always have these really nice master bedrooms, and the kids might have a shelf that needs to be put away during the day.

• Upvote 13

I could stare at those floorplans till the cows come home and still they would make no sense. What is the enormous workshop used for? What is the difference between an office and a study? What is up with that weird tiny bedroom with no windows on the first floor, with a closet that is labeled an office? Is that the actual prayer closet? Why two laundry rooms? Why do you have to go through a closet to get to the nursery from the master bedroom, but it is right next to the girls room? (I mean I guess I can answer that, it's because it's the girls who are expected to get up with the baby.) Why in heavens name do they have multiple family rooms but no playroom? 

They had so much space and so much money and they built *that*. It really is kind of disgusting.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 11

6 hours ago, tanba said:

It feels like the TTH: Have large rooms where all the kids are together instead of smaller rooms with privacy. I’m honestly not sure how they got approval for the building, doesn’t a country inspector have to look at the plans for safety reasons? I guess in case of fire, the kids could jump out of the window except for the ground floor bedroom. Also, of course the master bedroom is larger than the kids rooms, despite the kids rooms housing double the people… reminds me of these van life influencers, where mom and dad always have these really nice master bedrooms, and the kids might have a shelf that needs to be put away during the day.

I think she spent an absolutely ridiculous amount of money on those trendy built in bunk beds. And that’s why 4 go in a room. She has to use those expensive bunk beds to feel like she got her money’s worth. And no, they didn’t do any of the built in bunk bed work. They hired that out. They actually hired out a few things but she still loves to proclaim that only she and Shaun built the house with their own two hands 🙄

• Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 1

For many families having the additional beds would be for when friends and extended family come over, not a reason to cram everyone in to one room.

The "nursery" is just weird to me, it's through the (really large) built in robe? For all Abbie's protestations about what is important to her it's noticeable that her clothes get more space than her children, both as infants and older.

• Upvote 10

31 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

For many families having the additional beds would be for when friends and extended family come over, not a reason to cram everyone in to one room.

The "nursery" is just weird to me, it's through the (really large) built in robe? For all Abbie's protestations about what is important to her it's noticeable that her clothes get more space than her children, both as infants and older.

Plus the nursery has a vaulted ceiling. It feels very small. It feels like more of a closet than her ridiculously huge actual closet.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

Things labeled bedroom or study may not be that. I remember her blog about it. The bunk rooms require you to walk through the “girls hang out” and “boys hang out” rooms. So you’re not walking through a bedroom, but it’s still stupid. Braggie is also kind of co-opted a room for her podcast. 

when Shiloh was in the nursery, honor and Theo shared the small room by the stairs. Then honor moved into the bunk and Shiloh moved into the room with Theo when the twins were born. I don’t know when Theo moved into the bunk room. 

I do think the bunk room is awfully far from a bathroom for a kid who is working on using the toilet at night. 

If I were one of the older boys, I’d be volunteering to live in any room by myself, including the windowless one. Speaking of, that one is their guest room. 

The office and workshop are both Shaun’s. 

Oh and the study on the other side of the living room is the homeschool room 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

If multiple children had their own rooms I wouldn't think anything of it but I can't help but cry for Shiloh. It's not enough for Braggie that she hates on him any moment she can, she's also ostracized him from his siblings by giving his how own room! She's going to be in mommy-martyr heaven when he's an angry teenager.

• Upvote 5

35 minutes ago, theotherelise said:

Things labeled bedroom or study may not be that. I remember her blog about it. The bunk rooms require you to walk through the “girls hang out” and “boys hang out” rooms. So you’re not walking through a bedroom, but it’s still stupid. Braggie is also kind of co-opted a room for her podcast. 

when Shiloh was in the nursery, honor and Theo shared the small room by the stairs. Then honor moved into the bunk and Shiloh moved into the room with Theo when the twins were born. I don’t know when Theo moved into the bunk room. 

I do think the bunk room is awfully far from a bathroom for a kid who is working on using the toilet at night. 

If I were one of the older boys, I’d be volunteering to live in any room by myself, including the windowless one. Speaking of, that one is their guest room. 

The office and workshop are both Shaun’s. 

Oh and the study on the other side of the living room is the homeschool room 

The only room that should be used for her self serving podcast is that closet of a nursery. 

Does she still stack rugs 3 deep? 

• Upvote 2

Abbie sleeptrains babies and I doubt it is a gentle training. It is better for her to have the nursery far from her bedroom, so she does not listen them crying. I wonder if the older siblings have to wake up for the night feedings or babies are ezzo-trained and nobody feeds them at night.

Erika Shupe had the twins bassinets on the closet. Alyssa Webster had the bassinet in her closet, too (at least, in her old home). Don't forget "that wife" who put the crib on the bathroom. Is it a fundie thing? 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 9

22 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Abbie sleeptrains babies and I doubt it is a gentle training. It is better for her to have the nursery far from her bedroom, so she does not listen them crying. I wonder if the older siblings have to wake up for the night feedings or babies are ezzo-trained and nobody feeds them at night.

Erika Shupe had the twins bassinets on the closet. Alyssa Webster had the bassinet in her closet, too (at least, in her old home). Don't forget "that wife" who put the crib on the bathroom. Is it a fundie thing? 

Erin has a baby in Carson’s closet and Jill had Janessa in her closet. 

• Upvote 4

Ugggggg- new video up of her new kitchen. They are even getting new dishwashers and a new sink. 5 years and this mega consumer needed an entire floor to almost ceiling new kitchen. Their level of consumption is just GROSS! Heck we did a kitchen Reno in 2011 and I still consider it brand new.

• Upvote 11

4 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Ugggggg- new video up of her new kitchen. They are even getting new dishwashers and a new sink. 5 years and this mega consumer needed an entire floor to almost ceiling new kitchen. Their level of consumption is just GROSS! Heck we did a kitchen Reno in 2011 and I still consider it brand new.

I bet she makes herself feel better because she thrifts clothing. But really she doesn’t thrift much else. That house has a ridiculous amount of furniture, rugs, and crap that she bought brand new. She is so materialistic and superficial. It’s gross because she’s just like many other social media “influencers.” It’s a culture of consumption. I’m pretty positive the Jesus described in the Bible would not approve. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

She posted two choices for their Christmas card photo.

Spoiler

Screenshot(17234).png.32d30d7ae8db10ed1e6a231147454512.pngScreenshot(17235).png.72d58688e95efddb60064dcd98c814bb.png

I'll admit that I'm now overly aware of Shiloh.  It just looks to me as if less care is given on how he looks.  There's no cute sweater over a button up.  His hair is cut shorter.  I'm just glad that Theo (?) put his arm around Shiloh in the closer up photo.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Xan said:

Hide contents

Screenshot(17234).png.32d30d7ae8db10ed1e6a231147454512.pngScreenshot(17235).png.72d58688e95efddb60064dcd98c814bb.png

I'll admit that I'm now overly aware of Shiloh.  It just looks to me as if less care is given on how he looks.  There's no cute sweater over a button up.  His hair is cut shorter.  I'm just glad that Theo (?) put his arm around Shiloh in the closer up photo.

I think Shiloh might have cut his hair which necessitate the buzz? But I've been aware of how he's treated for awhile and it's so awful. #freeshiloh

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Xan said:

Hide contents

God I hate that big dumb hat. 

8A5650AC-C65F-4486-9A0B-9E875F3AFE88.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 20