IGNORED

M is for Mama 17

Coconut Flan

I'm sure there's some amount if paranoia among a lot of these oversized families. A lot of them - Braggie, Zsu, Jill to name a few - are probably also a bit paranoid of CPS being called so will only take their kids to the doctor when the parents feel not seeing a doctor would do more harm than good. Take Zsu & PP for example.

How many months did it take for them to accept Chloe was doing poorly enough to finally deal with her tongue tie? People on FJ were commenting for so long before Zsu actually dealt with it! If Zsu & PP didn't have an online presence would they have even bothered getting their girl child medical attention? 

So because of that fear I'm sure various children do end up in the ER a lot more than they share publicly because they're all aware that "too many" sometimes gets a record with cps. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Giraffe said:

How many months did it take for them to accept Chloe was doing poorly enough to finally deal with her tongue tie?

Did PP even notice? I'd guess he didn't. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

Chloe was also the one who had a needle broken and stuck in her hand for awhile before anyone noticed or cared. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 8
  • WTF 2

43 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Did PP even notice? I'd guess he didn't. 

No, certainly not. I only phrased it like that because they're both equally responsible for their children's neglect. 

• Upvote 2

Braggie posted a video on her stories. Even in the Airbnb, she can’t watch her own fucking children. The twins were able to spill sugar all over the kitchen floor. Why are toddler twins constantly unsupervised? Then on top of that she’s answering questions about what she gives kids when they are sick. And it’s a bunch of woo woo crap. Essential oils and shit. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 7

Oh and Braggie doesn’t celebrate Halloween. And she managed to sound smug and better than you when saying it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 3

Glad to see that many who follow Braggie's IG aren't buying her bullshit about CHM:

PushbackontheCHMscam.thumb.png.0c576490265a6dde0fb8ccc46eb491a6.png

There are a bunch of other similar comments. Their experiences with CHM or similar scams suggest to me that Braggie & her husband skip getting any medical care for their kids that isn't life-or-death.

CHMscams.thumb.png.4a03f64a00d13622511228bab36f9db3.png

These cost-sharing "ministries" should be outlawed. Then again, we should just have single-payer, universal coverage. 

Edited by hoipolloi
  • Upvote 17
  • Thank You 7
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, hoipolloi said:

Glad to see that many who follow Braggie's IG aren't buying her bullshit about CHM:

PushbackontheCHMscam.thumb.png.0c576490265a6dde0fb8ccc46eb491a6.png

There are a bunch of other similar comments. Their experiences with CHM or similar scams suggests to me that Braggie & her husband skip getting any medical care for their kid that isn't life-or-death.

CHMscams.thumb.png.4a03f64a00d13622511228bab36f9db3.png

These cost-sharing "ministries" should be outlawed. Then again, we should just have single-payer, universal coverage. 

I totally agree. The only reason why these scams are so popular is because health care coverage is a fucking joke in the US. These scams show how broken our current system is. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 10

She noted in her stories this week that she is earning a full time income, presumably through writing and sponsorships. So the book or her influencer work must be bringing in decent money.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

She noted in her stories this week that she is earning a full time income, presumably through writing and sponsorships. So the book or her influencer work must be bringing in decent money.

They have a lot of money. I would love to know how much she donates to charity. I would guess a whole .5% of their income. 

• Upvote 5

32 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I would guess a whole .5% of their income

You think that much?  I think it's 0.0%.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

1 minute ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I'm sure they give to charity as much as they can deduct from their taxes. Cause you *know* she doesn't want her money helping to fix actual social issues and prefers to instead give it to some vanity project.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Oh I’m betting that .5 went to an anti abortion place that lies to women and tricks them into not getting a much wanted abortion. 

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

Abbie likes to point out how difficult her life is so that she can garner sympathy and get brownie points for being strong. A book launch and a cell phone in the washer are privileged first world problems. For Abbie, a ruined cell phone is no more than an afternoon's inconvenience. For others without means it spells calamity. And no one told her to keep churning out books or going on tour when she has ten kids at home. She says "this mama is weary" but none of the hardships she listed have anything to do with being a mom. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20231119-0916213.thumb.png.890513c18078443a65c9ab5d685e143d.png

And then there's this post. I hope that Abbie had permission to share her father's mental health issues. Has anyone read her book? I'm very curious where the forgiveness fits in. I hope that she didn't feel that his illness is something that she needed to forgive but I wouldn't be surprised. Does Abbie know that mental illness can be hereditary?

I'm always struck by the casual way she writes very disturbing imagery like it's super relatable. Here she talks about the Lord carrying you through, "so that you can come alongside someone else who is drowning in their hard" and then tell them about Jesus or whatever. That's a big yikes for me. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20231119-0916482.thumb.png.89b51faec8e5cb9ba09eb8ccf5af6594.png

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 9

3 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Abbie likes to point out how difficult her life is so that she can garner sympathy and get brownie points for being strong. A book launch and a cell phone in the washer are privileged first world problems. For Abbie, a ruined cell phone is no more than an afternoon's inconvenience. For others without means it spells calamity. And no one told her to keep churning out books or going on tour when she has ten kids at home. She says "this mama is weary" but none of the hardships she listed have anything to do with being a mom. 

Hide contents

Screenshot_20231119-0916213.thumb.png.890513c18078443a65c9ab5d685e143d.png

And then there's this post. I hope that Abbie had permission to share her father's mental health issues. Has anyone read her book? I'm very curious where the forgiveness fits in. I hope that she didn't feel that his illness is something that she needed to forgive but I wouldn't be surprised. Does Abbie know that mental illness can be hereditary?

I'm always struck by the casual way she writes very disturbing imagery like it's super relatable. Here she talks about the Lord carrying you through, "so that you can come alongside someone else who is drowning in their hard" and then tell them about Jesus or whatever. That's a big yikes for me. 

Hide contents

Screenshot_20231119-0916482.thumb.png.89b51faec8e5cb9ba09eb8ccf5af6594.png

This explains a lot. 

If only she had gotten some therapy and help to work through her own pain and "hard" before deciding to write a book telling everyone else to pray and white-knuckle it.

Edited by neuroticcat
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5

She has said some things about her childhood before. That she was not close with her dad because he worked very long hours so her mom could stay at home and homeschool their two kids. Her mom wanted a big family but that wasn’t possible and I think it’s why she pushed Braggie to have a bunch of kids. I think her mom probably treated Braggie more like a friend than a daughter. Which is a huge problem in itself. I think Braggie is the way she is due to her childhood. And therapy would have helped her so much when she was a young adult. 

• Upvote 11

Braggie writes about her father's bi-polar as if there is no therapy/ medication/ coping mechanisms available and as if everyday is a hard never ending struggle for her because of it.

And forgiveness -- Braggie take a stadium of seats, sit down, and STFU.

Your father did not choose to be bi-polar,.  It is not something he did on purpose, or a disease he caught, or a condition he gave himself.  It just is.

You do not have to struggle to forgive him.  There is nothing to forgive him for.  I'm not saying it's easy peasy to have a relative who is bi-polar, but it's not something they did to you that you have to forgive them for.

Cheese n' Rice Braggie, everything in the world is not all about you.

• Upvote 23

This Super cringe-y.  Uber cringe-y.  It's beyond cringe-y. vIt's the cringy-est. I just ... can't even ......

I had no idea Braggie had a nose ring. Wow ... she is so rad. /s/

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 8

36 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

I laughed out loud at that photo, so... not quite sure that was what they were going for there.

I’m convinced she has no idea how she comes off to most people online. She has no idea how condescending she sounds. She has no clue she sounds like she absolutely despises all toddlers and preschoolers. She has no clue how out of touch and not trendy she comes across when she says things like rad or wears a hat like this looking crazy serious. It’s all so embarrassing.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 10

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She has no clue how out of touch and not trendy she comes across when she says things like rad or wears a hat like this looking crazy serious.

She's just channelling her inner 90s Serious Issues rapper.

• Haha 12

That picture looks like one Blossom would've done as a tween because she thought it would make her look 18. I feel secondhand embarrassment for Braggie! She tries so hard to be hip, relevant, and relatable and she fails at it every single time. 

Edited by Giraffe
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

And all the “hard” in her life is a direct result of her own conscious decisions.

• I Agree 12

32 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

I feel secondhand embarrassment for Braggie! She tries so hard to be hip, relevant, and relatable and she fails at it every single time. 

That's what I feel every time she posts a dancing video.  It makes me want to crawl under the desk.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1