IGNORED

JinJer and Felicity 42: American Girl (grand)Duggar

Georgiana

16 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Personally, I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt up until this point, but now? Not so much. Their decisions and actions are going to directly impact Felicity from now on. I honestly hope they do a decent job and that they try their best, but if they choose to raise their daughter the way Jinger was raised then they will deserve to be called out for it just as much as the Dills or any of her other siblings. 

You're STILL not getting it. When you have children, you tend to go back to what's familiar. You DO NOT KNOW JACK SHIT about how they're going to raise that child. As I said above, suspend judgement for a few years. I get that y'all absolutely hate the way the Duggar kids were raised and their shitty beliefs. What I'm trying (and failing) to get you to understand is that it takes YEARS to undo that sort of shit. YEARS! So, lay the fuck off until you have some PROOF that they're raising that kid like shit. Jill & Derdick deserve the derision they're getting for the way they're treating their boys. Anna and Turd deserve derision too. JinJer have not shown anything yet. 

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, nst said:

doesn't Jinger live in Texas whereas Jessa lives at the TTH - i doubt she will monopolize the kid. 

I see her paying special attention to it when she is visiting purely for the fact that it is Jinger's and because Jinger is her BFFFFF

well she doesn't live at the TTH but she sure does seem to visit a lot. 

:laughing-rofl:

1 minute ago, feministxtian said:

You're STILL not getting it. When you have children, you tend to go back to what's familiar. You DO NOT KNOW JACK SHIT about how they're going to raise that child. As I said above, suspend judgement for a few years. I get that y'all absolutely hate the way the Duggar kids were raised and their shitty beliefs. What I'm trying (and failing) to get you to understand is that it takes YEARS to undo that sort of shit. YEARS! So, lay the fuck off until you have some PROOF that they're raising that kid like shit. Jill & Derdick deserve the derision they're getting for the way they're treating their boys. Anna and Turd deserve derision too. JinJer have not shown anything yet. 

Rufus Bless.

15 minutes ago, freshlemonade said:

Does anyone know much about Jeremy's upbringing? Jeremy has not embraced much of the "Duggar-way" and probably went along with the courtship rules for Jinger's sake.   I suspect Felicity will be raised a lot more "Vuolo-style," which Jinger may be totally fine with.  

On a lighter topic, sorry to those who hate it, but macrame is back in a big way.  I think I kind of dig it.  Here's a nice $600 macrame chandelier from Anthropologie.....

well he's one of three and the youngest that's about all I know about him LOL 

They don’t have to worry about Jobs, paying bills or childcare and they can get John David Airlines to shlep them everywhere.Jessa or any other Grown Duggar can be there regularly. 

I was going to respond, but I’m just gonna tap out of this conversation. It’s getting heated and I don’t feel I’m making my point well enough.

You can’t have a conversation with  someone who just wants to scream and is not even trying to listen to what you are trying to say.I see your point and it’s well made. Jinger and Jeremy are just better at selling the Bullshit .No particular reason at this moment  to believe Felicity will be raised all much more liberal than Jinger. 

45 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

’m very sorry you’ve had a difficult childhood and that you’ve struggled because of that, just as I’m sorry for Jinger having had such a shitty childhood. I was clearly speaking specifically about Jinger and her unique situation though. I tried very carefully not to generalize in anyway. If you feel I did and you were offended then I’m sorry for that. 

believe it or not, I get Jinjer...she's been brainwashed, told how to act, what to think, feel, believe her entire life. It was JB&M's way or the highway (and threats of eternal damnation to go along with it). When you live that sort of upbringing, your sense of self is squashed. An independent thought is immediately silenced and you live in FEAR that the parents will find out about it. You cannot disagree with the "authorities" because they will literally beat you into submission. 

It seems that people are thinking that magically, at marriage, the thinking changes and they turn into these assertive, mature human beings. It doesn't happen that way. It's why I had a string of abusive relationships...I know that now, at my age and after a helluva lot of therapy...and remember, I took care of my "lead" abuser from 2005-2012 (ages 41-48) and she couldn't accept that I was not going to let her boss me around anymore. She STILL attempted to control me. 

Hopefully Jinger's photography skills blesses us with great pictures of Felicity...

I need some photography ideas for my own :tw_grimace:

20 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

You can’t have a conversation with  someone who just wants to scream and is not even trying to listen to what you are trying to say.I see your point and it’s well made. Jinger and Jeremy are just better at selling the Bullshit .No particular reason at this moment  to believe Felicity will be raised all much more liberal than Jinger. 

Given that the child will be raised the way Jeremy wants, and not Jinger, I think there is at the very least, a likelihood, that she will be raised somewhat more "liberally" than Jinger was.   I think he was raised very differently than the other Duggar spouses were.  

I do agree with @feministxtian regarding how long (if ever), it might take Jinger to realize how absolutely effed up her childhood was.  It was her normal for so long and she needs to see another, different, normal before she can make any changes.  

2 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

Given that the child will be raised the way Jeremy wants, and not Jinger, I think there is at the very least, a likelihood, that she will be raised somewhat more "liberally" than Jinger was.   I think he was raised very differently than the other Duggar spouses were.  

I agree. The fact that he graduated college, was married for almost a year before Jinger got pregnant, and had Felicity born in a hospital speaks for itself. If anything, I'd argue that the only Duggar spouses as conservative as the Duggars themselves are the ones that go to the same church (Anna, Kendra, and Austin). The rest of them seem to be slightly more liberal (in some ways), but conservative enough so JB didn't make them run for the hills before they started courting.

2 hours ago, Letizia said:

My Pippa Kittleton had no interest in anything baby related as I enthusiastically attempted to give her the baby items first. She inexplicably hates anything you offer to her and loves what she thinks she shouldn’t have. You can’t even give her treats, she likes to feel like she is stealing then. You can’t make a big deal out of feeding her either. Food must be apathetically set down so that she can pretend not to care and eat it once she  thinks no one is looking. So I offered her the crib and bassinett in such a genuine manner that by the time I actually had my daughter, Pippa wouldn’t get near that room. There was no issue with her ever bothering the baby or the puppy as we offered both to her upon their first arrival in our house and she rejected them like they were horrid toys she couldn’t believe we dared offer to her. 

I AM DONE FOR THE DAY!

I would rather watch a season of Jana and Jessa decorating rooms, houses to be flipped, etc.  than more courtships and weddings.

I don't  know why I was surprised that Ben was there. I still think Jana is there too, only not being photographed as in the San Antonio pictures. Otherwise I would think she would be in Oshkosh with the rest of the family.

Now excuse me while I go learn to macrame so I too can charge $600 for something that looks like an unravelled ball of yarn imo.

Both Ben and Derick were raised similar to Jeremy with Middle class conservative Christian values. Austin was The only one raised in the fold so to speak. The former  were attracted as grown men who had been out in the world to The Fundamentalist Christian teachings and Doctrine as much as to the Duggar Daughters so its not a totally outrageous idea the Jeremy may be similar.

Jeremy may be similar to who? Sorry, just need a little clarification.

I wasn't quite as impressed by Derrick during his courting days.  He was a missionary in Nepal, a country where I believe it's illegal or at least highly frowned upon to proselytize. He didn't seem to have great deal of structure or the demands of a 9 to 5 job.

Sorry. It makes more sense in my head :) Similar  Ben and Derick in his interest in and coming into fundamentalism  or at least certain aspects of it. He would have had to go through JB and impress him to get to Jinger after all.

I think Ben was raised pretty fundy, Derick might not have been and had a relatively "normal" childhood, but who knew he was going to go all Kurtz?

30 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Both Ben and Derick were raised similar to Jeremy with Middle class conservative Christian values. Austin was The only one raised in the fold so to speak. The former  were attracted as grown men who had been out in the world to The Fundamentalist Christian teachings and Doctrine as much as to the Duggar Daughters so its not a totally outrageous idea the Jeremy may be similar.

Ehh, I wouldn't see Ben's upbringing as super similar to Derick or Jeremy- he was homeschooled, and unlike those two part of a larger than average family ( 7 kids)- plus his dad's old blog reads pretty fundie.

2 minutes ago, pandora said:

Ehh, I wouldn't see Ben's upbringing as super similar to Derick or Jeremy- he was homeschooled, and unlike those two part of a larger than average family ( 7 kids)- plus his dad's old blog reads pretty fundie.

I think the only real difference we noted early on between the Seewalds and the Duggars was that the Seewalds were, at one point Vision Forum, right? He wasn't raised the ATI flavor of fundie, but still fundie. 

I would say conservative Christian with Fundie leanings. But they were never part of the ATI skirts only courtship rules set IIRC.Ben was impressed by the Duggar Dogma  and sought them out. 

2 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

well she doesn't live at the TTH but she sure does seem to visit a lot. 

:laughing-rofl:

are you absolutely sure????

9 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

I would say conservative Christian with Fundie leanings. But they were never part of the ATI skirts only courtship rules set IIRC.Ben was impressed by the Duggar Dogma  and sought them out. 

I think it was Jessa's dogma he was more impressed by.  If that's what the kids are calling it these days.

11 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

I suppose as always it depends on someone's personal definition of fundie- but I think we've established that plenty of people even within ATI never did skirts only, and courting/dating with a purpose/whatever someone wants to call it are just names, from the show the Seewald parents seemed very in favor of no kissing before marriage. I don't really feel all that tied to naming things fundie vs not, just saying if Austin is being noted as being raised less mainstream than Jeremy or Derick, Ben gets pulled aside too.

On the Jinger and decision making topic 

1-Who the hell cares if she has other people help her decorate the nursery, that is quite literally one of the pettiest, BEC, sexist things I’ve ever heard. It’s even worse than the hate Joy got for not liking wedding dress shopping. 

2- There are many, many, many people in the world who are more followers than leaders. That is not a good attribute OR a bad attribute. It just is a personality trait. To make the leap from ‘Jinger didn’t decorate the nursery because she is weak and easily dominated !!!” To “ she won’t stick up for letting her daughter play soccer when her mean husband says it’s boys only !!’ Is- frankly- ridiculous. Also, if anything, it’s far more likely Jeremy will encourage sports than Jinger, since he’s an actual athlete and she is not. 

3- The REASON that people see being a more passive, less assertive,  personality as a flaw is for the same reason that anything typically attributed to women in seen as a flaw - sexism. Devaluing any stereotypically feminine traits and lifting up any stereotypically masculine traits.

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived