IGNORED

Counting On: Season 4, Part 1: Back to Planet Duggarville

choralcrusader8613

7 minutes ago, lizzybee said:

Random: So when I watched the episode I thought I heard them say Michelle "mom" didn't like them to play baseball, but shrugged it off because I thought I might have misheard, but then it made it into @Carm_88's recap. Has this been mentioned or discussed prior to this episode? Does anyone care but me? Wondering what the deal is/was with baseball? 

I'm not sure, but LDS missionaries aren't allowed to play full court either, only half court . . . 

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, lizzybee said:

Random: So when I watched the episode I thought I heard them say Michelle "mom" didn't like them to play baseball, but shrugged it off because I thought I might have misheard, but then it made it into @Carm_88's recap. Has this been mentioned or discussed prior to this episode? Does anyone care but me? Wondering what the deal is/was with baseball? 

Because baseball leads to desires which cannot be rightiously fulfilled. You know, you go to first base, then possibly steal second. Third base is next and, if you are a Heathen, you might hit a home run. All of that is supposed to be saved for marriage!

For our non- U.S. friends, as I recall, first base is a kiss, second either French kissing or physical contact above the waist, third is physical contact below the waist, and a home run is sex. The bases may have changed by now; my memories are about 30 years old.

3 hours ago, Furbabiesonly said:

I'm just so baffled by leaving Jana out of the Trip to San Antonio plotline.

I don't think this is the first time this has happened, but someone please correct me if I'm remembering wrong. Didn't pre-scandal Josh and Anna take an RV trip somewhere and TLC made big deal about how the two of them had to deal with all the M kids. It later came out that Jana as with them helping out the whole time.

2 minutes ago, sta_sha said:

I don't think this is the first time this has happened, but someone please correct me if I'm remembering wrong. Didn't pre-scandal Josh and Anna take an RV trip somewhere and TLC made big deal about how the two of them had to deal with all the M kids. It later came out that Jana as with them helping out the whole time.

Yep, that's exactly what happened.

On the baseball thing, I'm going to take a stab and say maybe it had something to do with not knocking out windows? Who really knows, it just piqued my attention when it was mentioned that she didn't like them to play it. 

7 hours ago, lizzybee said:

Mmmm, baseball players are hot;) Wouldn't want tight baseball pants to defraud anyone. 

Fundicon thoughts:

How to shove 16 children into a double wide 

You don't need two incomes; how to only have one income, but 18 mouths to feed

Sister Momming: how it's done. 

How to sin in the camp, and not get caught

Fundicon:

*How to choose the right mlm for you

*Grifting and drifting: 10 ways to beg for an RV

*How to sweeten your fellowship with the headship

*Loving the unlovable: helpful discipline tips for the problem child

10 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

AKA: The Sandwich Only You Can Make

Sorry - but I saw that and thought 

WHERE'S the BEEF?

My kids aren't allowed to play baseball with anything other than a wiffle ball in our yard. I don't want to deal with a broken window. The same goes for golf--plastic balls only. If you want to really play you have to be on someone else's property. 

I really wish one of the upcoming courting couples would say that they have prayed about it and God has told them to respect one another, and that includes some privately shared intimacy. No chaperones will be required as the values their parents have taught them and their faith will guide them. 

Can you imagine? Not to bring this back, but there is no chance Jessa is going to Laredo.  None.  I predict Jinger is the last girl allowed to marry a guy who will take her away from home.  Even Derrick is back. 

20 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

Can you imagine? Not to bring this back, but there is no chance Jessa is going to Laredo.  None.  I predict Jinger is the last girl allowed to marry a guy who will take her away from home.  Even Derrick is back. 

I admit I have wondered if this was the case when Joy and Joe's courtships were announced. Both married people with very similar backgrounds and close to home. Sure its possible it just happened. But I have wondered if Austen and Kendra were picked because their not likely to differ at all from what JB wants. Jeremy doesn't seem to be under JB's thumb like the rest of his son-in-laws and daughters-in-law he can't be happy about that. I hope I'm wrong.   

I found it odd that when Ben and Jessa went to see Jeremy and Jinger they didn't go to Laredo but to San Antonio. When I go visit someone I usually go to their house not some other city.   

This might be wishful thinking, but I'm starting to think that Jinger was allowed to marry Jeremy (much like Jessa was allowed to marry teenage Ben) largely because they were attracted to each other and no amount of JBs control could stop them. At the end of the day, preventing a public scandal or shotgun wedding is probably more important to JB than keeping EVERY young spouse under his thumb.

Of course, I don't know what he'd do if any of his kids were just as into and dedicated to marrying a real obvious dud or user. Derrick sneaked in there. He didn't seem completely unreasonable in the beginning. However, the boring yet probably true answer is that the kidults are dedicated to the cult enough to never go after someone completely unreasonable (by their cult's standards). 

1 hour ago, BeccaGrim said:

There is still part of me that thinks that Jinger and Joy were married off to the 1st men who looked their way because they are "damaged goods"  Jill & Jessa married before everyone knew what happened to them Jinger & Joy were still available for sale. I'm sure in parts of that disgusting world those girls weren't good matches for a lot of men because they weren't "pure".  That is the only reason I can thin of Boob allowing Jinger to marry such a liberal man (HA), but Also Joy has left as well in a way, she's living 40/45 minutes away it is hard to control a child who isn't in your back yard, like the other married Jkids are. Sure Joy and Austin are still drowning in the Kool aid (so are Jinger and JinJer it is just a different flavor) but Austin can support himself and his family he doesn't NEED JB. JB likes that control over his off spring, and he doesn't' have it over Jinger or Joy anymore. It is strange that of all six of the married siblings only those 2 are really on their own? 

3 hours ago, Markie said:

I really wish one of the upcoming courting couples would say that they have prayed about it and God has told them to respect one another, and that includes some privately shared intimacy. No chaperones will be required as the values their parents have taught them and their faith will guide them. 

Now that would be some 'must see' TV right there.  This is when I go back to thinking that there really could be a way to make this family interesting.  If you honestly had some of the kids spreading their wings, talking about what it is like to move into independence. 

It would be interesting for the Kidults who have their own kids to talk about what they might do differently with their own children.  This is not unusual.  Most of us raise our children in some ways similar and in some ways differently.

I have a feeling that Jinger and Jeremy may have done this to some degree, but it was not allowed to be filmed.  But I think that Jeremy may have said something to JB, that pretty much said, I am an adult, Jinger is an adult and we trust ourselves to know our limits.  At least in my mind, I would like think that conversation happened.  Based on the comment that Michelle made to JB when they got back from Jeremy's proposal, I think it is possible that J&J either kissed or had quite a bit of cuddly affection.  Michelle sort of dismissively said something about it being impossible to keep 2 magnets apart, or something like that.  To me, that was her way of saying that J&J were not going to be prevented from showing romantic affection towards one another.  She seemed pretty resigned to it, especially in comparison to how scandalized she was when Ben and Jessa held hands at dinner in the presence of both sets of parents.  Either Michelle is just too damn tired to care at this point, or she sensed that it was futile at that point. 

I think that Boob would have hoisted him out on his ass if he'd said that. IMO, Jinger and Jeremy did have some kind of discussion that indicated things would be different.  "Oh Jing, Oh Babe." But, I think that was what that 6 month no Duggar visits was about.  Establishing his headship, which is all that it is. it just looks more like a headship we're all more comfortable with because she's dressing like a woman we know from somewhere now.  

On 9/15/2017 at 2:10 PM, Furbabiesonly said:

I'm just so baffled by leaving Jana out of the Trip to San Antonio plotline. It's framed as a sisters reunion, so obviously she's a part of that. If they wanted to show Jessa and Ben taking care of their own children, the bit with them packing and Spurg and Henry having meltdowns covered that. Could it be that Laura doesn't want to be a part of Counting On? Have we ever seen her in an episode? Maybe she and Jana went and did their own thing and just met up for the paletas (wishful thinking, but it would be nice.)

Or maybe it's just a conflict of storyline- Jana was a pretty big part of the Joe asks Kendra to Court story line and maybe they didn't want to reveal just how much Jana really does in the family as well as try to make the storylines look simultaneous. 

Sometimes we forget that Counting On is a TV show first and a family documentation second. Jana may be missing from the episode because of economics. They only pay for who is on the episode. Not for sure but maybe...

Can anyone take one for the team and watch the Joe and Kendra thing on TLC go? I'd do it myself but I don't live in the US so I can't access it... I'm just curious to see if it's like a 1 hr thing like J & J me J & A's first wedding episode or if it's like a 10 minute thing or something.

thanks in advance!

• Coconut Flan locked and unpinned this topic

Archived