IGNORED

Counting On: Season 4, Part 1: Back to Planet Duggarville

choralcrusader8613

11 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I really want to know where Joe and Kendra are living.

There is no property listed under Joe's name in Benton or Washington County and he's still listed at the TTH address. I suspect that they're living in one of the houses owned by the family trust but it's hard to guess which one.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so glad someone connected the dots for the Riverwalk episode.

When they were eating lunch, grumpy Henry was eating or visible in the shot.
And then he wasn't.

I was scratching my head, wondering who had the dang baby! Of course, TLC messing with us.

On 9/17/2017 at 11:12 AM, Markie said:

I really wish one of the upcoming courting couples would say that they have prayed about it and God has told them to respect one another, and that includes some privately shared intimacy. No chaperones will be required as the values their parents have taught them and their faith will guide them. 

This has always been a big deal to me: You "raised them up" and you pray for a "hedge of protection around them" but then you keep yourself [parent] in charge??? It's like the way such families will say "Oh we thought that Bathseba was mature enough to drive, but.... well.... she just won't keep sweet about changing little brother's diapers and making Daddy a snack so.... I guess we'll try again next year when she' s 24." Parents, not God, are the protection. Pretty much unBiblical, but there you do. And moving the goalposts--the Maxwells, iirc, did this to Mary on schooling.

13 hours ago, Bethella said:

There is no property listed under Joe's name in Benton or Washington County and he's still listed at the TTH address. I suspect that they're living in one of the houses owned by the family trust but it's hard to guess which one.

I keep hoping it is the trashed house they all cleaned up at the same time they worked on the "Mansion" the Jill/Derrick first lived in. I'd just like to see how the little "rent" house turned out after the trash was removed and it was "flipped." Then again, maybe they are living in  the house John owns?

20 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

I think that Boob would have hoisted him out on his ass if he'd said that. IMO, Jinger and Jeremy did have some kind of discussion that indicated things would be different.  "Oh Jing, Oh Babe." But, I think that was what that 6 month no Duggar visits was about.  Establishing his headship, which is all that it is. it just looks more like a headship we're all more comfortable with because she's dressing like a woman we know from somewhere now.  

I think no houseguests for the first six months is a great idea for any newlyweds!  

14 hours ago, Bethella said:

It takes a few months for a property purchase to show up in public databases here in Suburban Philly ... maybe it's just not posted yet?  

On 9/16/2017 at 2:52 AM, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

AKA: The Sandwich Only You Can Make

The other day I said to Mr. Onekid..."Anybody can have sex with you, but only I can make you a sandwich".

11 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

The other day I said to Mr. Onekid..."Anybody can have sex with you, but only I can make you a sandwich".

:pb_lol::pb_lol::pb_lol:  I told hubby the other day dinner or sex, I only have energy for one!  Thank Rufus he's old, he chose dinner.

3 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Then again, maybe they are living in  the house John owns?

There is (or was) a middle aged couple living in John's house. I'm assuming they're renting from him.

1 hour ago, kinphilly said:

It takes a few months for a property purchase to show up in public databases here in Suburban Philly ... maybe it's just not posted yet?  

Definitely possible but given that Josh, Jill and Jessa were given homes to live in when they first got married I think it's more likely that Joe was given a home too.

36 minutes ago, Bethella said:

Definitely possible but given that Josh, Jill and Jessa were given homes to live in when they first got married I think it's more likely that Joe was given a home too.

That was my thinking on the "rent" house they cleaned out. Maybe they've been given it of something similar from JB or Grandma's "inventory." Or there's always that garage room!

Oh man, since I only subscribe to streaming services I wasn't sure if Playstation Vue would grant me access to the early wedding episode but IT DOES! I'm a little too excited to watch it after dinner tonight, but before the new episode. WHY AM I SO EXCITED?!

1 hour ago, Penelope_Clearwater said:

why do you think they didn't feature Jana in the Laredo episode?

I can see several possible reasons. I suspect the most likely is that she doesn't want to appear on the show as much, particularly because this is the second trip where she's been deliberately left out and we know that she's shyer than many of her siblings. It could also be that they're trying to hide a courtship or that her presence doesn't match the plot of episode (parents taking care of their kids without help while travelling).

On 9/15/2017 at 3:25 PM, FeministShrew said:

My ex-mother-in-law and my "almost" MIL both used "anymore" this way: "People are so mean anymore." It made me stabby. I've never heard anyone else use it that way. They both grew up in small rural communities, in poor blue collar families (I did, too), and were both high school graduates, but one was born in the 40's & the other in the late 50s.

Quick google-fu just taught me that "anymore" is a "negative polarity item," that has unfortunately "broken free of negations" in some dialects. 

Yuck.  (I'm, the one who introduced this oddity in this thread.)  I live in Delaware now & hear it quite often.  Sad to know that it has "broken free."

On 9/12/2017 at 1:15 PM, Firebird said:

Thank you all for the Duggar distractions. My husband and I had a horrible weekend. Our 4 month old redbone coonhound puppy and 3 yr old German Shepherd ran off while I was walking with them in the woods and they both got hit by a train. We buried them Sunday. This thread has been a real help to keep my mind off it all.

Oh my god, I am SO sorry. How heartbreaking!

I got a ton of laughs from the FJ convention ideas!  How about:

A Fundie look-alike contest

How to pretend to be joyfully available

Who would the vendors be?

3 hours ago, Bethella said:
4 hours ago, Penelope_Clearwater said:

why do you think they didn't feature Jana in the Laredo episode?

I can see several possible reasons. I suspect the most likely is that she doesn't want to appear on the show as much, particularly because this is the second trip where she's been deliberately left out and we know that she's shyer than many of her siblings. It could also be that they're trying to hide a courtship or that her presence doesn't match the plot of episode (parents taking care of their kids without help while travelling).

I agree with the first part. But if she came with for courtship related reasons? There's no way those producers wouldn't sniff out the situation and exploit the Be-Rufus out of it.

More recrapping of JoStin's wedding prep for the wedding that is already history and house planning for the house they live in already. Um, unless you move out within the next about six or seven months, you ARE having your first kid there. 

1 minute ago, pamplemousse said:

More recrapping of JoStin's wedding prep for the wedding that is already history and house planning for the house they live in already. Um, unless you move out within the next about six or seven months, you ARE having your first kid there. 

I don't know though. I could get behind watching rehab that hot mess of a house.... It's interesting. I don't know.

3 minutes ago, snickers34 said:

But if she came with for courtship related reasons? There's no way those producers wouldn't sniff out the situation and exploit the Be-Rufus out of it.

We haven't seen any of the courtship stuff on the show until they know it's a done deal. I can easily see them waiting until it's serious or not showing it at all if the relationship ends.

2 minutes ago, nst said:

anyone know how much they paid for that house? 

If it's Austin's house in Elkins $69,250.

• Coconut Flan locked and unpinned this topic

Archived