IGNORED

Counting On: Season 4, Part 1: Back to Planet Duggarville

choralcrusader8613

13 minutes ago, cptbailey said:

Yes, on the plane, when her skirt had hiked up like an inch above her knee. They blurred the whole knee area . I wonder if the Duggars make the blurring requests or the producers just do it.

It was so stupid, in the next shot was not blurred.. :P

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always love the "here's our courtship standards even though it's just like everyone else (I feel like minus jin and jer). Is he the first to give a promise ring? Since it's been a while with a boy duggar courting. Also does she just like I guess now have it chillin since they just got married?

1 hour ago, Irene said:

Or when she was getting Henry ready before the trip. His cute face was center screen I almost missed her knee. Lol.

1 hour ago, Irene said:

And her knees were not blurred back at the house when she was sitting on the couch, knees quite visible. 

2 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

Can anybody answer a question regarding where the original Duggar home that Joe took Kendra to see was? It looked like they all parked at Cross Church to see the house, what am I missing? Is the home by the church or did I zone out and miss something?

Also Kendra is a sweet girl but her interactions and giggles with Joe remind me so very much of the way my friends and I behaved around our middle school crushes. It really struck me how young she acts, even younger than 19 really. 

If memory serves me correctly, Cross Church (then known as First Baptist Church of Springdale) allowed the Duggars to live rent-free in church housing for a few years. However, the church needed the land and so the family moved out and the house was torn down. 

Did Smugturd give Anna jewellery when they started courting? I remember balloons at the gator restaurant and that godawful pillow with his picture on it, but that's it.

Kendra seems sweet and genuinely happy with Joe, but her laugh annoys me a bit. I wonder what she'll be like as she settles into her 'grownup' married life.

8 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Did Smugturd give Anna jewellery when they started courting? I remember balloons at the gator restaurant and that godawful pillow with his picture on it, but that's it.

That was when he proposed. They started courting before the show. I've never heard jewelry mentioned but I supposed it's possible.

6 hours ago, Jinder Roles said:

If memory serves me correctly, Cross Church (then known as First Baptist Church of Springdale) allowed the Duggars to live rent-free in church housing for a few years. However, the church needed the land and so the family moved out and the house was torn down. 

Thanks! I was so confused by that scene, this makes sense.

13 hours ago, Snarkylark said:

Doesn't John David have several planes!?? Why couldn't he fly J&B to San Antonio??

1 they don't want humpers to realize how much $$ they have because then they will stop support DWrecks life ministries, 2 I'm not sure they had the bigger plane when Jessa & Ben went down there so there wouldn't be room for the 4 of them JD and the film crew.  3 what would they have to film if cutie pie Suprgie didn't have his mini fit on the plane?

11 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

1 they don't want humpers to realize how much $$ they have because then they will stop support DWrecks life ministries, 2 I'm not sure they had the bigger plane when Jessa & Ben went down there so there wouldn't be room for the 4 of them JD and the film crew.  3 what would they have to film if cutie pie Suprgie didn't have his mini fit on the plane?

Thus confirming they've sold out to TLC- as if we didn't know that. 

What happened to Michelle between 17 kids and now?  I had YouTube on the other day and an episode popped up. (Felt very big brother. LOL) But, okay. I watched it. The Bates were on it.  They went sky diving. And Michelle was so animated. What has happened to her?  ALl the Josh stuff had happened before that.  I guess the affair? She was so animated. 

7 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

I don't know actually. I don't think they showed too much about the courtship proposal. Not that we will ever know, they won't dare to mention Josh! 

17 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

What happened to Michelle between 17 kids and now?  I had YouTube on the other day and an episode popped up. (Felt very big brother. LOL) But, okay. I watched it. The Bates were on it.  They went sky diving. And Michelle was so animated. What has happened to her?  ALl the Josh stuff had happened before that.  I guess the affair? She was so animated. 

Could be that partially but also we just haven't seen that much of Michelle. She is not heavily featured on Counting On (thank God), and that's a conscious decision to emphasize the more marketable daughters.

I don't know if anyone noticed but next week Jill and Derick are coming back from their 5 month stint in SCA on the show.  So for some reason there was no filming of them for five months because obviously TLC didn't want to film any parts of SCA. 

the time jump will be interesting

7 minutes ago, nst said:

I don't know if anyone noticed but next week Jill and Derick are coming back from their 5 month stint in SCA on the show.  So for some reason there was no filming of them for five months because obviously TLC didn't want to film any parts of SCA. 

They have to catch up closer to real time at some point. Plus, not much happened during that time. Joy planned her wedding and joe and Kendra courted but between Henry's birth and joys wedding it was kinda quiet. 

I think it was impractical to film in sca. The producer on the last episode who asked questions had a strong accent making me think they had a local crew doing the filming and they didn't show any of the people they worked with. It may have been too hard for them to get releases for people to appear or be too costly to have a whole other cast of characters down in sca. 

Just my speculation 

31 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

Josie, and Jubilee plus the loss of her favorite season of life, being pregnant.

38 minutes ago, nst said:

What they showed at the end of the episode is the preview of the rest of the season, not of the next episode. According to tlc's schedule, next week it's: 

"Wedding planning continues as Joy shops for bridesmaids dresses and tastes cakes with Austin; Joe and Kendra enjoy an in-line skating date; the Vuolos take a cooking class together in Laredo; renovations begin on Joy and Austin's house."

And the week after that they'll show israel's birthday, which was when they were still in Central America. I think they'll show them returning towards the end of the season 

I don't think Jessa and Ben will move to Texas. I think they keep going to Texas to try to lure Jinger back to Arkansas. Jessa's not going to stray far from her auntie-sister-mom assistance. She may miss Jinger, but I get the idea that she misses bossing Jinger around more than anything else.

Jinger, OTOH, is liking where she is, who she's with, and the quiet in the house, I hope, and isn't likely to change that status quo any time soon.

14 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

I don't think Jessa and Ben will move to Texas. I think they keep going to Texas to try to lure Jinger back to Arkansas. Jessa's not going to stray far from her auntie-sister-mom assistance. She may miss Jinger, but I get the idea that she misses bossing Jinger around more than anything else.

I agree, Jessas "we'll see" repsonse when talking about one day moving reminded me of when my kids ask to take an outlandish vacation and I say "maybe one day, we'll see..."

Ben and Jessa did both look stressed on that trip/flight. It was such a stupid idea with two kids under two - obviously done to fill time in an episode and not because any normal, sane person would make that choice. How long did they stay in San Antonio? And to drag the obviously over-tired kids around rather than taking them somewhere quiet where they could have a nap only makes it harder on yourself.

Jessa in particular admitted that she feels stressed out when both kids are crying and Ben is the calm one. Well imagine how she'll feel with 4 or 5 under the age of 6/7 running around? And no TTH where she can drop them off and have then run wild with their aunts and uncles and other cousins. The Seewalds aren't moving far away anytime soon.

9 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

Ben and Jessa did both look stressed on that trip/flight. It was such a stupid idea with two kids under two - obviously done to fill time in an episode and not because any normal, sane person would make that choice.

What? Normal, sane people travel with babies and toddlers all the time. 

Just now, singsingsing said:

What? Normal, sane people travel with babies and toddlers all the time. 

No, not traveling per se. But the fact they were going to a place to seemingly see some sights and have pizza and not stay very long just to see Jinger. When realistically it would have been far easier for Jinger/Jeremy to visit and it also would have been a lot easier for JD to fly them directly to Laredo.

First thing they said getting off the plane is that they don't want to do planes anymore but more driving trips. Don't think it was enjoyable and given all the other options I don't think anybody would have chosen what they did but for the show. Going to the Alamo, the story of how they met Jeremy originally, etc. Not much more purpose to it than that. 

@AtlanticTug, you know this is all highly edited, right? That you're only seeing TLC's carefully crafted story? It's basically impossible to judge what actually happened on that trip, because we get nothing but the TLC version. We don't know how long they stayed, when the kids went down for naps, what else they did or where else they went. We don't even know who else was with them. TLC once filmed Josh and Anna going on a long road trip and really played up the 'it's soooo hard travelling with multiple kids' aspect (because they always do), and it turned out Jana was with them. They just edited her out/filmed around her. Because it didn't fit their narrative. Reality TV is not reality.

• Coconut Flan locked and unpinned this topic

Archived