IGNORED

Counting On: Season 4, Part 1: Back to Planet Duggarville

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

The thing is I don't think it is JUST Jeremy who doesn't want kids right now, and who doesn't want 20 kids or 10 kids or even 5 kids.  

I think you're right about this. I also sense that any opinion has been (bulldozed) trained out of Jinger, so Jeremy is the backup/ enforcer of the decision, not just a controlling headship (which he may or may not be).  I've seen this in other situations, when one person isn't allowed to express opinions or desires, sometimes they find someone to team up with who is less afraid to stand up to the status quo. I think it really bugs Jim Bob that he can't control them.

Re J&B asking J&J about kids - surely that's a producer-mandated question?  The whole premise of the show, Counting On, is about the next generation begetting the next.  I don't see how Jeremy could possible be agreeing to be on the show AND be surprised he's being asked these questions in front of the cameras.  Of course he must be expecting, it, and it's reality TV, he's acting his answers too!

2 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

I hope Jim Bob isn't trying to plant the moving bug into Ben and Jessa's ears to move to Laredo and try to reign Jinger in/ team up against Jeremy. I'd be okay with them moving to another part of Texas, if they want to be closer, so Ben and Jessa's would also have the opportunity to grow.

I actually think that Ben and Jessa aren't as strict as some people think them to be. Perhaps becoming parents have mellowed them even more in terms of their religion. Ben, however, does seem to be stretching in his wings. I'd actually love for them to get away from Arkansas just to see how Ben would grow. I don't think that he would bite the hand that is feeding him. 

@NewOrleansLady

The quiet house part is so weird. I hate the feeling. *Hugs*

Thanks again to everyone for their love and hugs. This is why I finally bit the bullet and joined free jinger after lurking for years. The community is pretty awesome.

23 hours ago, nst said:

Spurge throwing his bottle and hitting a duck 

I hope he does that every time he sees uncle josh. I'm sorry that scene was actually funny. Because spurgeon was looking around for the duck afterwards. 

Has anyone notice that jinger is a little bit louder now? She like projects her voice more and doesn't do the Michelle voice. Also Jeremy is a loud person, I wonder if that was an adjust for her. Him shouting "hi spurgeon" across the way in public was very unduggarlike.

I see the sentiment put out there that Jeremy didn't realize going into the relationship how intense the pressure to have a baby would be.

How could he not? The whole world knows! They literally have a show dedicated to marriage and mainly procreation. He knows the religion, he knows how many kids they have and their views on birth control. How could he not have known this question would be asked as easily as "can you pass the salt?" at the dinner table?

I do get vibes from both the way Jeremy AND Jinger talk that they aren't planning on starting a family just yet though.

5 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Oh and don't forget Satan and his poor every pregnant wife.

Now the only image I have in my head is Anna as Rosemary in Rosemary's baby.

Can anybody answer a question regarding where the original Duggar home that Joe took Kendra to see was? It looked like they all parked at Cross Church to see the house, what am I missing? Is the home by the church or did I zone out and miss something?

Also Kendra is a sweet girl but her interactions and giggles with Joe remind me so very much of the way my friends and I behaved around our middle school crushes. It really struck me how young she acts, even younger than 19 really. 

I'm wondering why TLC hasn't even hinted at a special featuring Samuel's !!dramatic!!1! delivery. Aren't they usually all over that sort of thing? Maybe Jill hasn't decided whether she wants it aired yet, or TLC is trying to minimize the Dillards' screen time...

1 minute ago, bananabread said:

I'm wondering why TLC hasn't even hinted at a special featuring Samuel's !!dramatic!!1! delivery. Aren't they usually all over that sort of thing? Maybe Jill hasn't decided whether she wants it aired yet, or TLC is trying to minimize the Dillards' screen time...

Something went wrong with that delivery. I just feel it. There's a reason it wasn't in People and they've barely said anything about it (or Sam). They're hiding something.

17 minutes ago, Irene said:

Did Jessa really had her knees at one point blurred out?

Yes, on the plane, when her skirt had hiked up like an inch above her knee. They blurred the whole knee area . I wonder if the Duggars make the blurring requests or the producers just do it.

Indeed.  The announcement for Mason specifically said no complications.  We may never know the saga of Samuel.  Plus I have to say, it has to be OK with me that we don't.  I want them to learn to be private people so I have to respect if they figure that out.  Of course, the curious cat side of me wants to know, but I keep telling it to be quiet.  

• Coconut Flan locked and unpinned this topic

Archived