IGNORED

Zach & Whitney 9: What about that Pregnancy Shoot?

Coconut Flan

I could see Lydia doing it, I could see Josie wanting too but not following through... 

• Upvote 3

It’s a long way from Michelle Duggar’s blurred out abdomen at the doctor’s office, that’s for sure. But to me this is more modest than some of the weird fundie pin up style stuff her sisters in law post. 

• Upvote 6

50 minutes ago, lumpentheologie said:

It’s a long way from Michelle Duggar’s blurred out abdomen at the doctor’s office, that’s for sure. But to me this is more modest than some of the weird fundie pin up style stuff her sisters in law post. 

I can get the abdomen blurring to some weird extent but the knee blurring was always a killer crack up to me... lol 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

9 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

How do you know? 

She posted on Instagram. She went in for a standard check-up and was 4 CMs and leaking. By the time Zach and Carlin got there and she got settled, she was 7 cm.

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

While I think the photo is lovely, if this generation is going to post these types of photos, admit to kissing before the wedding (considering the number of Bates of this generation who have owned up to it at this point), abandon the modest/godly attire (both males and females), etc., it is time to make declarative statements about their  beliefs/actions/behaviors/lifestyle and admit that they no longer believe or ascribe to what their parents tried to sell  to all as the way to live in accordance with the  Bible. They cannot have it both ways. Exactly what do Gil (who remains in Iblp leadership) and Kelly believe in now? Why have the overwhelming majority of their children abandoned their teachings yet no one calls them to the carpet? They all need to justify and explain their hypocrisy.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

It'll be days until we see the baby or hear about the baby. That is my prediction. They are either negotiating with a magazine to make the announcement or the baby is in the NICU (like Jadon, Hazel, and one of the others were last time.)  I hope its the first for all their sakes. 

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Seeking said:

While I think the photo is lovely, if this generation is going to post these types of photos, admit to kissing before the wedding (considering the number of Bates of this generation who have owned up to it at this point), abandon the modest/godly attire (both males and females), etc., it is time to make declarative statements about their  beliefs/actions/behaviors/lifestyle and admit that they no longer believe or ascribe to what their parents tried to sell  to all as the way to live in accordance with the  Bible. They cannot have it both ways. Exactly what do Gil (who remains in Iblp leadership) and Kelly believe in now? Why have the overwhelming majority of their children abandoned their teachings yet no one calls them to the carpet? They all need to justify and explain their hypocrisy.

I don't believe that they have given up the worst aspects of their parents' beliefs. As far as I know, they still believe in white Christian Dominionism, including "outbreeding the lesser races," male headship, being anti-science and anti-education, and anti-human rights. How they dress, kissing before the wedding ceremony, and showing fertility cult photos are trivial compared to the core beliefs they maintain.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 6

Not that Zac and Whitney have any obligations to announce the birth of their baby as soon as she’s born, but in my opinion it’s a bit unfair (lack of better word) to post shorts about her labour progress and then suddenly go dead silence. Like a cliffhanger. I do hope everything is alright with baby and mother. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Cupcake79 said:

Not that Zac and Whitney have any obligations to announce the birth of their baby as soon as she’s born, but in my opinion it’s a bit unfair (lack of better word) to post shorts about her labour progress and then suddenly go dead silence. Like a cliffhanger. I do hope everything is alright with baby and mother. 

But that’s how you sell your life and children on social media! It gets you the most attention and clicks. 

• Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 2

3 hours ago, FiveAcres said:

I don't believe that they have given up the worst aspects of their parents' beliefs. As far as I know, they still believe in white Christian Dominionism, including "outbreeding the lesser races," male headship, being anti-science and anti-education, and anti-human rights. How they dress, kissing before the wedding ceremony, and showing fertility cult photos are trivial compared to the core beliefs they maintain.

Exactly!! They continue to believe, AND advocate for, all the things that negatively affect other people!! Whether they want to show their shoulders or not--that's trivial and doesn't affect the lives of others.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, Cupcake79 said:

Agreed, complete with the updates on cervical dilation lol. They could even post a quick slide with no pic saying baby is here and doing well, announcement coming soon. Hopefully all is well. 

• I Agree 1

6 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They posted pics but no name. 

I'm thankful that the pictures are black and white because I can't handle seeing all that blood on babies 😅

• Haha 2

Oh, it'll be something like Cynthia, but spelled "Kynthi"a" or K'ynthia" (can't do accents/umlauts) - a normal "C" name, spelled with a K, and with random accents, which should change the pronunciation, but don't, because they don't know what accents do. Or, hopefully, something much better. Maybe not even with a K.

I like to think that, if I ever gave birth and informed the internet about it, I'd share the name, no matter how bad, before I shared how dilated I am/no. of stitches/pics of blood-and-vernix covered infants. I mean, I'd tell my friends/family, but NOT THE ENTIRE WORLD. Then again, I wouldn't sell my children online, so I wouldn't have millions of fans/snarkers in the first place.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Zebedee said:

Oh, it'll be something like Cynthia, but spelled "Kynthi"a" or K'ynthia" (can't do accents/umlauts) - a normal "C" name, spelled with a K, and with random accents, which should change the pronunciation, but don't, because they don't know what accents do. Or, hopefully, something much better. Maybe not even with a K.

My guess is it won’t be a K name at all. Jadon came out of left field, so maybe this girl will be Quinn or something. 

• Upvote 2