IGNORED

Karissa Collins 2: Riding Her High Horse

Coconut Flan

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

No. They used to. But like everything else, when Karissa got overwhelmed by having too many children, she cut it out and used her cherry picked religion as an excuse. 

That’s really sad. Especially for the older kids, who remember it. I bet you once Karissa stops having kids and the older one starts get married and move out she’ll start celebrating with the few that remain at home.

• Upvote 4

On 4/23/2024 at 9:08 PM, GreenBeans said:

Wearing clothes for the next day to wear in bed to sleep in order to be “ready to go” when you wake up? That’s just nasty.

to where ? The kitchen to work as a performing monkey for social media ?

• Upvote 3

If the kids all get a bath before bed and then put on their clothes for the next day, it’s not too gross. But I always had bed wetters so changing everything in the morning was a non negotiable. But if her kids don’t wet the bed, then I guess it’s not a huge deal.

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If the kids all get a bath before bed and then put on their clothes for the next day, it’s not too gross. But I always had bed wetters so changing everything in the morning was a non negotiable. But if her kids don’t wet the bed, then I guess it’s not a huge deal.

There's no way her kids are magically not bed wetters. They've probably just learned she doesn't give a shit so they grab an older sibling or their grandmother for help. No doubt Braggie has no clue what's going on with her kids over the course of a day. She's an aggressively incompetent parent. 

Braggie strikes me as the type of parent who has this idea in her head of what her children do over the course of the day while her older children and her mother would be standing there wondering what strangers she's talking about. 

• Upvote 3

I feel so bad for her kids. She shouldn’t be putting this on her children’s shoulders. What if she had miscarried? Would he then blame himself? We know she blames the kids every time they get sick. She tells them it’s due to sinning. So if she had miscarried, would he blame himself? Those poor kids. 

16A17BAB-5418-46D2-A4B7-6A7B75796161.jpeg

• Eyeroll 2
  • WTF 8

Karissa bragging about doing ignorant, dangerous, harmful things yet again. I know she does this to up engagement. She’s a supreme rage baiter. There’s a reason why she has a million followers and tons of comments. This is how she makes money. That’s why I never ever comment on her posts. And none of us on FJ should either. I wish Reddit would stop commenting on her posts. 

BD3317D4-D6AD-44E5-A621-6BAFCEEB0F7C.jpeg

611651F0-81D3-41EF-B6A6-8865D431A83C.jpeg

• Angry 1
  • Eyeroll 12

"No I've never used a midwife. My homebirths are unassisted. It's really not that complicated."

Wow, it's a good thing no one ever dies in/from childbirth! Otherwise someone could get the wrong impression from you! Guess the people & babies who've died in/from childbirth were just doing it wrong. Soooo fortunate to have found you and discovered the secret is that's it's simply "not that complicated."

• Upvote 18

She needs a psychiatrist and to see an obgyn. I hope this is her last baby.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, Giraffe said:

"No I've never used a midwife. My homebirths are unassisted. It's really not that complicated."

Wow, it's a good thing no one ever dies in/from childbirth! Otherwise someone could get the wrong impression from you! Guess the people & babies who've died in/from childbirth were just doing it wrong. Soooo fortunate to have found you and discovered the secret is that's it's simply "not that complicated."

What’s crazy is that it was extremely complicated after she gave birth unassisted last time. They had to rush to the hospital where she was admitted for a few days and her newborn was in there for at least 2 weeks. They both had infections. She doesn’t use a midwife because no midwife in her right mind would ever assist her in a home birth. 

• Upvote 11
  • WTF 2

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

What’s crazy is that it was extremely complicated after she gave birth unassisted last time. They had to rush to the hospital where she was admitted for a few days and her newborn was in there for at least 2 weeks. They both had infections. She doesn’t use a midwife because no midwife in her right mind would ever assist her in a home birth. 

So when her baby dies in childbirth they can play "it's really not that complicated" at the kid's funeral. What an ignorant, entitled, neglectfulabusive parent she is!

• Upvote 9

On 4/25/2024 at 11:51 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

If the kids all get a bath before bed and then put on their clothes for the next day, it’s not too gross.

Depends on how often the sheets get changed. Especially in summer.

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1

This is totally weird to admit, but here I go: I work out (at home) in the mornings, so I sleep in shorts and a t-shirt so I don't have to change before my workout. 🙃 But when I am finished, I take a shower and change into fresh clothes!

• Upvote 4

Karissa constantly posts incorrdcy info. I swear she posts misinformation everywhere other day. She is totally wrong. Women having babies in their forties has been on the rise for years. She isn’t special at all. Lots of women in their 40s are having babies. They just aren’t ignorant twits having unassisted homebirths. 

34D93AF4-7087-4901-9F4B-F3043E385F3A.jpeg

• Eyeroll 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Karissa constantly posts incorrdcy info. I swear she posts misinformation everywhere other day. She is totally wrong. Women having babies in their forties has been on the rise for years. She isn’t special at all. Lots of women in their 40s are having babies. They just aren’t ignorant twits having unassisted homebirths. 

34D93AF4-7087-4901-9F4B-F3043E385F3A.jpeg

Awww, that delusional thinking reminds me when Zsu told us she was going to have five children in her forties since she had five in her twenties and five in her thirties. She's up to what, one in her forties and she's mid-forty at this point. Yeah, sure Karrisa. Nothing hard about staying pregnant in your forties.

#itsnotthatcomplicated 🙄

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

Awww, that delusional thinking reminds me when Zsu told us she was going to have five children in her forties since she had five in her twenties and five in her thirties. She's up to what, one in her forties and she's mid-forty at this point. Yeah, sure Karrisa. Nothing hard about staying pregnant in your forties.

#itsnotthatcomplicated 🙄

Zoo is lucky she even had 2 in her 40s. She’s 45 now so she’s probably done. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Zoo is lucky she even had 2 in her 40s. She’s 45 now so she’s probably done. 

Zsu announced Oliver as if she knew he was the last one. How she figured that out is anyone’s guess. The idea of being impregnated by her horrible husband is enough to cause my tubes to tie themselves.

Im guessing Karissa wants 12 kids. Anything more than that will be a bonus. So many of these families seem obsessed with even numbers. 

• Upvote 6

15 minutes ago, postscript said:

So many of these families seem obsessed with even numbers. 

Which makes me cackle that Jill's probably stuck with thirteen. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 3

7 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

Which makes me cackle that Jill's probably stuck with thirteen. 

I know! A dozen looks good online but 13 is supposed to be unlucky. She really wanted that number 14.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, Giraffe said:

#itsnotthatcomplicated 🙄

The risk of having a disabled child increases in your 40s, too. I once looked into it because I had my first (and only) child in my mid/late 30s. And apparently the risk of miscarriage and genetic issues increases a lot the older you get.

For example, the chance of having a child with Down syndrome is about 1 in 1,250 for a woman who conceives at age 25. It increases to about 1 in 100 for a woman who conceives at age 40. And apparently 1 in 30 at age 45. I am not saying a child with Down syndrome is something bad, compared with many other genetic syndromes it is generally associated with a high quality of life and not too many limitations. But the risk of all kinds of genetic issues increases with the mom’s age, many of those not compatible with life.

So acting like a pregnancy in your 40s is easy-peasy, rejecting pre-natal checkups and attempting an unassisted home birth is careless and negligent. There’s a reason a lot more women and children die in childbirth in developing countries where home birth is still the norm for lack of access to medical care. 

• Upvote 6

My obstetrician said after age 42 the miscarriage rate goes up pretty sharply.  He also said the risk of placenta failure (and subsequent stillbirth) in very late pregnancy is higher in older mothers, so he recommends either an induction at 39 weeks or weekly biophysical profiles (an ultrasound where they had some kind of checklist to measure the baby's heart rate and how much he was moving).  My pregnancy was pretty uncomplicated, but you'd better believe I wanted those weekly check-ins for reassurance!

I'd be more worried about postpartum hemorrhaging if I were one of these moms with 10+ kids.  I've never experienced it, but in the hospital they were watching me like a hawk and they said it was because it was a 6th baby and women who have had many prior births are at higher risk of bleeding too much after the birth.  At least if you homebirth with an actual midwife there is someone to recognize the problem and intervene.

• Upvote 4

28 minutes ago, 4boysmum said:

My obstetrician said after age 42 the miscarriage rate goes up pretty sharply.  He also said the risk of placenta failure (and subsequent stillbirth) in very late pregnancy is higher in older mothers, so he recommends either an induction at 39 weeks or weekly biophysical profiles (an ultrasound where they had some kind of checklist to measure the baby's heart rate and how much he was moving).  My pregnancy was pretty uncomplicated, but you'd better believe I wanted those weekly check-ins for reassurance!

I'd be more worried about postpartum hemorrhaging if I were one of these moms with 10+ kids.  I've never experienced it, but in the hospital they were watching me like a hawk and they said it was because it was a 6th baby and women who have had many prior births are at higher risk of bleeding too much after the birth.  At least if you homebirth with an actual midwife there is someone to recognize the problem and intervene.

I have a feeling that her mom knows how much risk is involved in her births. I think her mother will fly in for the birth so she can basically force her to go to the hospital if she’s bleeding out. I think her mom urged her to take the last baby to the hospital 6 hours after birth. 

• WTF 3

22 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I have a feeling that her mom knows how much risk is involved in her births. I think her mother will fly in for the birth so she can basically force her to go to the hospital if she’s bleeding out. I think her mom urged her to take the last baby to the hospital 6 hours after birth. 

Holy shit! So it wasn't even Karissa who recognized a problem?! How do these people have children?!

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

Holy shit! So it wasn't even Karissa who recognized a problem?! How do these people have children?!

Remember Karissa is the one who had a very sick child (Anthym) and still took her out to eat knowing she was sick. After lunch she finally took the poor child to the ER. 

• Upvote 1

She’s posting recipes again. I can understand making a lot of casseroles with that size family. But every single one seems to be based on cream of glop soup. Their pantry must be crammed with cans of cream of celery. 

She’s also teasing the name reveal. Between her name reveal and Lawson and Tiffany’s gender reveal, I wish they’d just post and get it over with. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, postscript said:

She’s posting recipes again. I can understand making a lot of casseroles with that size family. But every single one seems to be based on cream of glop soup. Their pantry must be crammed with cans of cream of celery. 

She’s also teasing the name reveal. Between her name reveal and Lawson and Tiffany’s gender reveal, I wish they’d just post and get it over with. 

I genuinely don’t know anyone who cooks a casserole every night like she seems to. I think she’s just rage baiting because she knows people shit all over these kinds of recipes. This is the way she makes money so she will do whatever it takes to up engagement. It’s why she constantly posts all of her ridiculous beliefs. People shitting all over her in the comments still makes her money. 

• Upvote 1