IGNORED

Karissa Collins 2: Riding Her High Horse

Coconut Flan

And I thank God no kid in my life will ever have to suffer through mumps.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

I’m sure Karissa would faint if I told her I wish there were MORE vaccines. Honestly if there was a strep vaccine, that would be fab. Because that shit sucks.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 11

My friend had Mumps.  It wasn’t one of the vaccines she received before after immigrating.  I don’t know if it was determined how she got it.  She described it and it sounded like strep throat met hand, foot, mouth met shingles met got hit by a truck.

im 45 and have received all the same vaccines as my kids (except chicken pox), which means I’ve received more than a 6 month old without counting the yearly ones like flu and Covid.  I’m sure they are counting them individual and not combined, which probably means I received more.  Oh maybe didn’t get the heps.  I remember lining up in the gymnasium and receiving vaccines at the same time as classmates.  

• Upvote 4

@KWLand, the older you are when you catch mumps, the worse it is. I was 11 and it was excruciating. My friend’s husband got it at 14, and it killed one of his testicles.

One of my colleagues had never had chickenpox as a child, and caught it from her child at age 30–and wound up in intensive care.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...

Karissa posted about how her youngest is now 10 months old. In it she says that he loves basketballs. Well of course he does. I haven’t met a baby who doesn’t like round shaped toys of all types and sizes. But the Collins family’s whole identity is basketball, and the parents want all of their kids to be involved in it, so of course the baby can only like basketball and not any other type of ball.

Last week Karissa posted about Aynjel’s 7th birthday and buried in there was something I found interesting - Aynjel plays basketball every week but if you want the ball then she is happy to give it to you, because she’s just so kind and generous. It reads to me like Aynjel doesn’t actually care about basketball but is forced to join in on the family interest through social pressure. With other older kids’ birthday posts, Karissa says they love basketball which might be true for them but of course not all of the kids are going to like it.

• Upvote 9

13 minutes ago, BensAllergies said:

Karissa posted about how her youngest is now 10 months old. In it she says that he loves basketballs. Well of course he does. I haven’t met a baby who doesn’t like round shaped toys of all types and sizes. But the Collins family’s whole identity is basketball, and the parents want all of their kids to be involved in it, so of course the baby can only like basketball and not any other type of ball.

Last week Karissa posted about Aynjel’s 7th birthday and buried in there was something I found interesting - Aynjel plays basketball every week but if you want the ball then she is happy to give it to you, because she’s just so kind and generous. It reads to me like Aynjel doesn’t actually care about basketball but is forced to join in on the family interest through social pressure. With other older kids’ birthday posts, Karissa says they love basketball which might be true for them but of course not all of the kids are going to like it.

My only hope for her oldest son is basketball related. She isolates them in every aspect except basketball. She can’t make sure every single teammate and players on the opposite team are her type of Christian. She could make him only play with only Christians but even she’s extreme in basic Christian circles. So he is already figuring out that his family is weird. I’m hoping he’s actually quite good at basketball. That way he has a way out. 

• Upvote 6

On 11/29/2023 at 4:55 PM, Hane said:

And I thank God no kid in my life will ever have to suffer through mumps.

My 20 year old, fully vaccinated daughter, had the mumps last summer. It wasn't a terrible case of it, but she was still miserable. The doctor that diagnosed her called in other doctors to see it, because you just don't see the mumps very often (thankfully).

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...

You know what causes the most deaths? Her god who allows people to become pregnant but then says "just kidding!!!" and ends the pregnancy before the kid can be born. Can we talk about that one? No? That's different? Oh, ok. 

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 5

What’s the point of this shirt? There are two possibilities going on. One possibility is that it’s a shitty company with very few choices in skin color, hair, and eye color. The other possibility is that she sees her kids as white. I personally wouldn’t bother getting a shirt like that if the cartoon children look nothing like my kids. It’s just ridiculous to even wear a shirt like that. What do her kids think? Do they tell her those cartoons look nothing like them? 

C024735C-BD25-41FD-AFB8-0E3E49DFF6E1.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • WTF 10

Is it possible to have body dysmorphia by proxy? This is way beyond “my baby is the cutest ever” eyes of a parent about their wrinkled potato child.  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

On 11/30/2023 at 3:25 AM, KWLand said:

im 45 and have received all the same vaccines as my kids (except chicken pox), which means I’ve received more than a 6 month old without counting the yearly ones like flu and Covid.

Yes, I don’t think vaccines have evolved THAT much since I was a kid? Chicken pox is new, and I think maybe Pertussis? But I also got lots of vaccinations for traveling - Hepatitis, Yellow Fever, Rabies, Typhus… And I get boosters of all the standard vaccinations whenever they are recommended. So yeah, definitely more than a baby. But I still don’t get why that would matter.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Rowan said:

Is it possible to have body dysmorphia by proxy? This is way beyond “my baby is the cutest ever” eyes of a parent about their wrinkled potato child.  

I think it’s internalized racism. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

She’s always bragging when her kids have blue eyes and blond hair. If they don’t have those traits she doesn’t comment in the same way. She doesn’t comment on skin color too much, but people are quick to notice that the filters or presets she uses for photos lighten the skin because there’s a major difference in her kids between her photos and videos.

These are snippets from birthday posts this year. The baby had multiple posts because she did his monthly. She didn’t comment on the physical traits of her two other boys, except for Anchor’s dimples, and I must have skipped over Anissa’s. I think the baby now has brown eyes, which tends to happen.

Anjalie - “daddy look a like” “has beautiful curls and gorgeous skin.”

Aynjel - “She has long, wavy, almost straight hair. She has beautiful blue eyes.”

Armor - “His little blonde hair is starting to come in but he’s still pretty bald. He has the cutest voice and prettiest eyes.“ “He has the cutest hair you’ll ever see. Bright blonde. Some people think he’s bald but it’s just because his hair is blonde.” “He has beautiful blue eyes and lots of blonde hair coming in. It’s the cutest.” “He has blue eyes and tons of blonde hair coming in.” “He has lighter hair than any of my other children at birth. They were all born with black hair and his is a lighter brown. It appears to be growing in blonde. He has bright blue eyes.” “He has my exact blue eyes. He has blonde hairs coming in.”

Andersyn - “She has beautiful thin curls and prays daily for her hair to grow.“

Annistan - “She has the best hair ever! Thin, fine tightly wound curls and a lot of them. And it’s surprisingly easy to brush.“

“We just so happen to have 7 children with blue eyes and a few with blonde hair. Our children have beautiful skin that gets darker in the summer and lighter in the winter.”

Ansyr - “She has the best dimples and beautiful wavy hair. We gave her the middle name Blue before she was born and she came out with blue eyes.“

Anthym - “She has Annistan’s texture of curls, which makes for the cutest Afro. She has beautiful blue eyes.”

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

17 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think it’s internalized racism. 

Why in the world did she marry a black man then?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

I know. The only guess I have is that she fetishizes black men because she has said she always knew she would marry a black man. But she actually wants white children. Because of internalized racism. She wanted a black husband but white children. But that’s not how genetics work. I swear I knew a guy a long time ago who was racist and had a child with a POC. And I was so sad for that child.

Ok so I saw this posted on Reddit. There absolutely were choices with darker skin, eyes and hair. So Karissa did this on purpose. Not because the sweatshirt company only have a couple of choices. 

96510B32-F99D-42B6-B9CD-F56D8F0AC054.jpeg

• Disgust 2
  • Sad 3
  • WTF 6
  • Thank You 5

I played with that shirt website and made cartoons that look way more like her children. How can I make better cartoon version of her children? Because I’m not delusional. I also want to add that Karissa loves to brag about how they don’t celebrate holidays. As if she’s above it all as a Christian. But in her picture there’s a Christmas tree in the background. If she doesn’t celebrate, why does she have a tree in her house?

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 9

3 hours ago, anjulibai said:

My super racist mother married my dad, who is half Mexican. They even had mariachis at their wedding, but the racism went deeeeeep. Lots and lots of mental gymnastics. 

Edited by FilleMondaine
Typo
  • Upvote 5

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

But in her picture there’s a Christmas tree in the background. If she doesn’t celebrate, why does she have a tree in her house?

I read that they were at her mother's house. I bet if grandma gave the children and adults gifts, they accepted them. Karissa never turns down grifts gifts. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

I'm glad she's getting shit for the shirt in the comments. I'm going to guess she will ignore them, though. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

She tried to defend it. She still chose all the white skin tones, blonde hair instead of brown, and bright blue eyes instead of their more gray/hazel looking eyes. If she had only the choice of brown and blonde hair, most of her kids have hair that’s way closer to brown than light bright yellow. 

31E50F91-FDCE-4347-BC93-76CB9EE19845.jpeg

• Upvote 2

They are at Karissa mom’s for Christmas. They say they don’t celebrate Christmas. So why go to her mom’s house? Because she knows they will get gifts from her. She will have a Christmas tree and decorations. Karissa doesn’t have to do a single bit of work for Christmas. Her mom is doing it. I think that’s why Karissa refuses to do holidays. Because she’s the one who has to do everything. She would have to buy gifts, wrap them, decorate the Christmas tree, etc. and on Easter, she would have to do 10 Easter baskets, dye eggs, hide eggs, but candy. And that’s a lot of work. Which she is not willing to do. Who wants to bet she takes to kids to some family member’s house on Easter and someone else dies all the work? 

I think a lot of fundies did this when they were poor with a million little kids. The Duggars and Bateses never did a Christmas tree. They were very simple on Christmas gifts. And they used the excuse they were focusing on Jesus and not the secular stuff. And nowadays you see they are the opposite. Now the Bateses and Duggars have more money and less kids in the house. Do they have Christmas trees and big christmases full of expensive gifts. 

• Upvote 7