IGNORED

CarVan 14: The Abeka Boxes Have Started to Arrive

nelliebelle1197

I've never been a big pumpkin fan, but at a business dinner in Austria last fall they served the most delicious pumpkin soup and I've been thinking all summer about trying to recreate it once it gets cool enough here to want to eat soup. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

I I like all things pumpkin because I’m basic like that 😉

However pumpkin spice lattes are too sweet. If you took a pumpkin spice latte and a plain latte and mixed them together, that would probably be perfect for me. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

44 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I I like all things pumpkin because I’m basic like that 😉

However pumpkin spice lattes are too sweet. If you took a pumpkin spice latte and a plain latte and mixed them together, that would probably be perfect for me. 

Whenever I order any type of flavored latte or coffee drink from a coffee shop, I always ask for one less "pump" than what they usually provide. Or I may ask for a standard coffee with only one pump of a flavor. I find this to be a good balance- you get the hint of flavor without just tasting sugar/syrup/ artificialness.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, HeartsAFundie said:

I confess to loving pumpkin bread and pumpkin cookies, especially if they contain chocolate chips.  A co-worker brought in the chocolate chip pumpkin cookies for an office tailgate party, and they were absolutely delicious.   

Damn it. I need that bread and cookies STAT!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I worked at a bakery for years and it was always very tasty when all things pumpkin came out around Sept 1st. Pumpkin cookies, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin donuts, pumpkin roll, and pumpkin pie. The whole place would smell like pumpkin and everyone loved it. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 4

4 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

I hate pumpkins with a passion. I spend 40% of my time telling people no I don't want to try their pumpkin ________. 

I'm with you!!😅👍🏼

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Wow. this is like cilantro. I had no idea people actually didn't like pumpkin flavor. I thought when people said they didn't like pumpkin spice X it was because it was just overdone hype social media - not that people actually dislike pumpkin.

I like pumpkin flavor in the few things I've had. I don't drink coffee (don't like the taste) so I've never tried any of the latte stuff.

There used to be a soy milk that was pumpkin spice flavored that came out every fall. That stuff was so good and I used it to make my regular vegan cookie recipe with it instead of regular soy milk - and that was also amazing. It's a sadness to me that none of the almond/oat/soy milks that are out now have picked this up.

(I've been vegan for a long while and the pumpkin soy milk was "just a couple years ago" - so maybe 10 years now??)

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

There used to be a soy milk that was pumpkin spice flavored that came out every fall. That stuff was so good and I used it to make my regular vegan cookie recipe with it instead of regular soy milk - and that was also amazing. It's a sadness to me that none of the almond/oat/soy milks that are out now have picked this up.

Silk has a pumpkin spice creamer. I haven't tried it but I saw it at the store last week. 

26 minutes ago, Howl said:

Spotted pumpkin spice Cheerios at the grocery store yesterday. 

I read this as pumpkin spice Cheetos and was momentarily horrified. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Spotted pumpkin spice Cheerios at the grocery store yesterday. 

We need a "screaming face" reaction stat!

1 hour ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

Wow. this is like cilantro. I had no idea people actually didn't like pumpkin flavor. I thought when people said they didn't like pumpkin spice X it was because it was just overdone hype social media - not that people actually dislike pumpkin.

I like pumpkin flavor in the few things I've had. I don't drink coffee (don't like the taste) so I've never tried any of the latte stuff.

(I've been vegan for a long while and the pumpkin soy milk was "just a couple years ago" - so maybe 10 years now??)

It does seem a lot like the cilantro debate! I'm that weird creature who thinks cilantro tastes a bit soapy AND I really like it.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

Pumpkin spice latte's generally don't have any pumpkin flavor, though.  They just have the spices that would be used to flavor pumpkin pie.  I HATE PSLs and frankly anything pumpkin flavored that doesn't contain actual pumpkin.  I'm down for pumpkin bread or muffins or pie, but woe unbetide any pumpkin beer that comes my way.  It will only be met with a frown.

I'll never forget my first PSL, and I certainly didn't finish it.  It was like drinking a candle, but more power to people who enjoy them.  Like what you like.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3

I don't know what I'd do with soy pumpkin creamer though??

(do not drink coffee)

Mmm. I miss that pumpkin stuff. We used to pretend it was a drink from harry potter. I've been reading too much news. That seems so sweet and old timey and just innocent really to pretend a drink was from harry potter. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, OHFL2009 said:

I've never been a big pumpkin fan, but at a business dinner in Austria last fall they served the most delicious pumpkin soup and I've been thinking all summer about trying to recreate it once it gets cool enough here to want to eat soup. 

Every fall I cook a pumpkin in the oven to make bread, soup, etc. So I know this to be true: all pumpkins are not equal in taste and texture. I have had good luck with those flesh-colored pumpkins. Some are so tasty you can serve them like acorn squash with dinner.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

Loving this thread drift and hearing if you all like or dislike pumpkin.  I guess it is like cilantro, which I happen to love but totally understand why some people can't stand it. I guess in general I'm not a fan of most types of squash, with the exception of maybe butternut squash in some preparations, and zucchini and yellow squash.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

Loving this thread drift and hearing if you all like or dislike pumpkin.  I guess it is like cilantro, which I happen to love but totally understand why some people can't stand it. I guess in general I'm not a fan of most types of squash, with the exception of maybe butternut squash in some preparations, and zucchini and yellow squash.

Pretty sure the thread drifted because CarVan are less interesting than a basic orange fruit.

• Haha 8
  • I Agree 2

15 hours ago, OHFL2009 said:

I read this as pumpkin spice Cheetos and was momentarily horrified. 

I am going to need therapy after reading that.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

31 minutes ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

I am going to need therapy after reading that.

I'm actually surprised there *isn't* pumpkin spiced Cheetos out there. 🤣

• Disgust 1
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 3

17 hours ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

Is there even pumpkin flavor in all that stuff? I though it was usually just the spices Americans associate with pumpkin pie - plus heaps of sugar.

For the record: I love freshly roasted pumpkin but hate all the flavored everythings.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, MariaariaM said:

Is there even pumpkin flavor in all that stuff? I though it was usually just the spices Americans associate with pumpkin pie - plus heaps of sugar.

For the record: I love freshly roasted pumpkin but hate all the flavored everythings.

Some are definitely just pumpkin spice only. Like the pumpkin spice latte. No pumpkin is in it. Just spices. There are other things like that too. But actual pumpkin baked goods often have some pumpkin along with the spices (pumpkin muffins or breads). But pumpkin spice cheerios likely have no pumpkin. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

There's candles and essential oil type drops and room sprays and room plug in thingies

in addition to drinks.

there's cookies, cakes, breads, pies, I think I've seen ice cream. I've seen some sort of pumpkin flavored oreo I think??

and in America - who knows if pumpkin is in anything - all natural is just a marketing term and "pumpkin X" doesn't have to have pumpkin in it anyway. 

• Upvote 2

Weekly CarVan video was a horror film for me. I didn't last long. They drove around in the Tesla and got pumpkin spice things. Add in exaggerated slurping sounds and I cut it off. 

• Disgust 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

Weekly CarVan video was a horror film for me. I didn't last long. They drove around in the Tesla and got pumpkin spice things. Add in exaggerated slurping sounds and I cut it off. 

I tried to warn you! 😀

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

I love pumpkin stuff but I hate slurping sounds! I would rather listen to nails on a chalkboard! 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4