IGNORED

Counting On: Season 4, Part 1: Back to Planet Duggarville

choralcrusader8613

Ha, I do that with my feet when I'm standing. I have no idea why, it's just something I've done since I was a kid. I don't think I've ever seen anyone else do that before!

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe the dress was actually made by Jana for several of her friends and herself, because on the down-low she's starting a "modest is hottest" Pinterest-y clothing line, with the former tattoo shop as her place of biz. *wishes*

35 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

Ha, I do that with my feet when I'm standing. I have no idea why, it's just something I've done since I was a kid. I don't think I've ever seen anyone else do that before!

I do it sometimes, I've definitely seen other people do it. Didn't strike me as strange at all!

For "Fundiecon" -

1. How to Harass Transgender Teens on Twitter (a special lecture by Derick Dillard)

2. Making Catholic Hate Sound Scholarly (a presentation of Jeremy's best sermons)

3. Fallen From Grace and Back Again: A Prodigal Son's Tale (a reading by Kirk Cameron from Josh and Anna's eventual redemption book)

4. How to Get Away With Concealing Child Molestations (a short film from Duggar Studios, featuring Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar)

5. Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain: How to Rebrand Your Family and Sell Your Shit Lifestyle to Millions (a panel discussion with every single Bates family member - ear muffs encouraged)

6. #Jesuslovesthemall (a slideshow presentation by Carlin and Lawson Bates - it'll just be photos of them looking all thoughtful and with inspirational captions)

2 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

I have done since waiting tables and wanting to take the pressure off my feet when they hurt. 

42 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

6. #Jesuslovesthemall (a slideshow presentation by Carlin and Lawson Bates - it'll just be photos of them looking all thoughtful and with inspirational captions)

Totally read this as Jesus loves the Mall and pictured Carlin and Lawson posing with various mannequins in various stores.  

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

Totally read this as Jesus loves the Mall and pictured Carlin and Lawson posing with various mannequins in various stores.  

And I just pictured Jesus performing to "Let's Go To The Mall!" from How I Met Your Mother :D 

11 hours ago, Exposedknees said:

But let's play- what would be the events at Fantasy Duggarcon?

Watching some old episodes and thought of a few more seminars.

Jim Bob presents: How to Buy Used and Save the Difference (for the men)

MEchelle presents: Your Guide to Buying Thrift Store Shoes (for the ladies)

The Duggar Girls present: How to Cook for Eleventy !1111!!111!!!!! Billion People on $10

But of course Jesus loves the mall! Jesus LOVES American capitalism! Prosperity gospel, ya'll!

I'm usually not one to suggest post count titles, but I really think 'Jesus Loves The Mall' would be a great one.

10 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

But of course Jesus loves the mall! Jesus LOVES American capitalism! Prosperity gospel, ya'll!

I'm usually not one to suggest post count titles, but I really think 'Jesus Loves The Mall' would be a great one.

I love it! I made this my first suggestion ever on the post count titles thread.

Jesus browses the tunics and sandals at Urban Outfitters after he gets his Jamba Juice.

9 hours ago, grandmadugger said:

I have done since waiting tables and wanting to take the pressure off my feet when they hurt. 

:pb_lol:

Someone mentioned it on the Carlin thread after she used that hashtag on a post. Now I can't unsee it and it's hysterical.

10 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Dearies, I would like the Boyer Sisters to be guest lecturers in the #Jesuslovesthemall session.

Topics:  Staring Wistfully into the Middle Distance whilst thinking of Jesus; Throwing leaves into the air whilst thinking of Jesus; Looking down winsomely whilst thinking of Jesus.

9 hours ago, DuggarsandDragons said:

Jesus browses the tunics and sandals at Urban Outfitters after he gets his Jamba Juice.

Who knew Jesus was a basic white girl?  

Of course Jana was there.  She's the "go to" sister for caring for everyone else's littles!  I'm sure she watched them while jer/jin and Benessa went out on a date night too!
If they are all in the picture, though... where are the littles???
sanantonioduggars.thumb.jpg.b34a3e522a2f497b78d024aec73ba1bf.jpg

Maybe under Jeremy's shoes? Was he rocking on the outsides of his feet?

My Duggar-con

1. Getting the Most out of your maternity wear by Michelle

2. Crushing ambition in your children so they'll want to be able to work only for you

3. How many times/how much: When I did actually figure up the "difference" between new and used and acutally save and invest that amount by Jim Bob

4. The pitfalls of learning winda-washin' and tree work by Gil Bates

5. Oh no I'm not! How to publicly deny.... by Pecan Thief David

I'm just so baffled by leaving Jana out of the Trip to San Antonio plotline. It's framed as a sisters reunion, so obviously she's a part of that. If they wanted to show Jessa and Ben taking care of their own children, the bit with them packing and Spurg and Henry having meltdowns covered that. Could it be that Laura doesn't want to be a part of Counting On? Have we ever seen her in an episode? Maybe she and Jana went and did their own thing and just met up for the paletas (wishful thinking, but it would be nice.)

Or maybe it's just a conflict of storyline- Jana was a pretty big part of the Joe asks Kendra to Court story line and maybe they didn't want to reveal just how much Jana really does in the family as well as try to make the storylines look simultaneous. 

My ex-mother-in-law and my "almost" MIL both used "anymore" this way: "People are so mean anymore." It made me stabby. I've never heard anyone else use it that way. They both grew up in small rural communities, in poor blue collar families (I did, too), and were both high school graduates, but one was born in the 40's & the other in the late 50s.

Quick google-fu just taught me that "anymore" is a "negative polarity item," that has unfortunately "broken free of negations" in some dialects. 

28 minutes ago, Furbabiesonly said:

Could it be that Laura doesn't want to be a part of Counting On? Have we ever seen her in an episode? Maybe she and Jana went and did their own thing and just met up for the paletas (wishful thinking, but it would be nice.)

Laura was seen a lot in Joy's wedding episode. She was in charge of keeping everyone in line it seemed, either that or she was helping Michelle's friend Cindy. 

The only logical explanation I can think of for leaving Jana out is that she and Laura were somewhere else for most of the day that the film crew couldn't film and maybe met up with the others later? Then again I have learnt that logic and Duggars rarely go together...

On 9/12/2017 at 6:24 PM, Lurky said:

Re J&B asking J&J about kids - surely that's a producer-mandated question?  The whole premise of the show, Counting On, is about the next generation begetting the next.  I don't see how Jeremy could possible be agreeing to be on the show AND be surprised he's being asked these questions in front of the cameras.  Of course he must be expecting, it, and it's reality TV, he's acting his answers too!

I must have missed J&B asking J&J.I only saw the moment when the producer asked and Jinger tried to kill him with her eyes while Jeremy handled it like a politician. Jinger is really developing a nice "None of your fucking business" glare. 

Random: So when I watched the episode I thought I heard them say Michelle "mom" didn't like them to play baseball, but shrugged it off because I thought I might have misheard, but then it made it into @Carm_88's recap. Has this been mentioned or discussed prior to this episode? Does anyone care but me? Wondering what the deal is/was with baseball? 

• Coconut Flan locked and unpinned this topic

Archived